Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

May be more to do with protecting St.Johnstone players and officials etc.

In that case award St J a 3-0 win. If one team abides by the rules and one doesn't, the one that doesn't should forfeit the points.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I’m delighted and vindicated the Doncaster has once again proved to be an incompetent imbecile.

Offensive images like that are what the spoiler function is there for! 

Spoiler

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

Put literally everything in jeopardy and Cormack talks about relief at not forfeit 3 points. Something wrong right there.

Game’s a bogey.

9 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I’m delighted and vindicated the Doncaster has once again proved to be an incompetent imbecile.

image.jpeg.754550c7d30de2262e1bc9707d160b7f.jpeg

That picture's been messed with

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

Are you trying to say that what the authorities said last night has changed 180 degrees today?

Surely, that can't happen?

Is Cummings advising Doncaster?

Lol.

Jambof3tornado
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

In that case award St J a 3-0 win. If one team abides by the rules and one doesn't, the one that doesn't should forfeit the points.

Correct. This is aberdeens fault. The fact that they will play hamilton and celtic with players missing but will be at full strength when they play the rearranged fixture in perth puts Saints at a disadvantage.

Rules are being used as and when it suits. Hamilton luck in because they are due to play the dons before celtic and they wont want to mess up a Celtic fixture.

4 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Expulsion is the only fair course of action here, that or end the season now.

Expulsion because half a dozen players went for a pint and that’s fair ? Did you think our expulsion was fair ?

Jambof3tornado
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The government has been shutting down nd reopening entire industries at will. They're in charge of public health. Scottish football got some special treatment and messed it up within 2 weeks.

They messed it up before that with the testing schedules hence some called off friendly matches.

Shambles.

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Expulsion because half a dozen players went for a pint and that’s fair ? Did you think our expulsion was fair ?

It was sarcasm, the players are complete idiots and deserve all the public attention. Paid handsomely during horrendous times to put up a pathetic performance against one of their rivals and then break rules that could potentially ruin it for all the teams in Scotland. 

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If I was St J I'd be fuming if the game is postponed. This is all on Aberdeen. Points should be awarded to St J if Aberdeen can't fulfil a fixture through their own actions.

If I was St Johnstone I’d be fuming if we were forced to play even against a weakened team. Possibly even refuse to play and expose our players to what’s going on at Aberdeen.

Id also be fuming if we then had to play them at full strength having had no responsibility for the original cancellation . I’d be looking for the 3 points and Aberdeen to cover the costs of a lost live game.

Most people (including Aberdeen fans) feel the game should be given as a 3-0 win to St Johnstone. 

The only reason the SPFL won’t do this is because they are s**t scared that they set a precedent and they need to do the same to one of the OF later in the season. Can you imagine the backlash by either Rangers or Celtic fans if the title race is neck and neck and the SPFL award their next game as a 3-0 win to the opposition. Doncaster wants **** all to do with that scenario. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

My reading is tomorrow's game is postponed to allow all Aberdeen's Covid procdures to be checked and reviewed. 

The positive results are less an issue. Its the fact that they ignored procdures. So Scottish Government is asking what else have you ignored. 

If they pass the review the games will go ahead. 

Cormack desperately trying to spin this narrative in the media when we already know it's about a bunch of his moronic players who couldn't stay out the boozer. How Dons are getting away with this beggars belief. 

2 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Most people (including Aberdeen fans) feel the game should be given as a 3-0 win to St Johnstone. 

The only reason the SPFL won’t do this is because they are s**t scared that they set a precedent and they need to do the same to one of the OF later in the season. Can you imagine the backlash by either Rangers or Celtic fans if the title race is neck and neck and the SPFL award their next game as a 3-0 win to the opposition. Doncaster wants **** all to do with that scenario. 

Hard to disagree with that. 

39 minutes ago, baxterd1974 said:

That would be a disaster for us.  We need games played, leagues completing and get out of the Championship. 

Nah we will be fine.  Would be a disaster for other clubs though, probably see a few of them die.  Which would be an excellent result. 

The Internet
4 hours ago, Gone said:

If they don't give the 3 points to St Johnstone then what is to stop teams who are struggling with injuries breaking the rules to give themselves a week or 2 to recover? It's madness

Wait, are you saying you think players will willingly infect themselves so their club can get through an injury crisis? I know footballers are the thickest species on the planet but give them some respect :lol:

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The game should have been played with Aberdeen using other players, how a game can be postponed because 1 team ****ed up is beyond me. 

It also, again highlights the adhoc nature of the spfl's approach and the problems of just making up solutions as problems arise. 

Play the game later but those 8 players should not be allowed to play.

5 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Bang on the cash, he would shit his breeks if that happened....😂😂

5 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Irony is that if they did give the points to st johnstone I can guarantee players and clubs may start acting professionally.  Another Dominic cummings scenario here where players can break rules and get 3 week holiday as a punishment.

willie wallace
44 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Fair enough.They like to make up rules as they go along.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

In case you haven’t noticed governments of all persuasions all around the world have been imposing themselves on most things recently. I think the anger is because the rules agreed with the SPFL were breached and two players may well have got covid from that. 

They also broke the limit of 8 folk from 3 different households too. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Fair enough.They like to make up rules as they go along.

That’s another problem, they have rules in place for everything, apart from pandemics obviously or how to deal with the different problems that arise.

2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Sure, but that's why I'm saying the kids who would have had no contact with the first team should play.

Edit: was reminded of this from June too.

https://apnews.com/cb5e6388ee4257a0f994d72273539559

A fairytale result was briefly on the cards as Roman Romanov gave Rostov the lead after 52 seconds with a low shot from the edge of the penalty area. Sochi soon hit back and finished with 10 goals, the most in league history, mostly scored by players with Russian national-team experience.

Vlad's boy playing now ?:yas:

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

True. 

I get that rule but were they told they could not go out at all just because they are footballers ?

So are we saying that if there were 2 or 3 of them flat sharing they could go out but not meeting up if it exceeds 3 households ?

Or is there a different rule for footballers at present ?

Given the circumstances, generally not good to be seen out drinking anyway but some might have been not drinking and just out with their pals and is that against protocols ? (putting aside the possibility/probability they exceded 3 households between them)

There will be quite a few groups all over Scotland who are not keeping to the household 'rule' this weekend for sure...and maybe some on here

Pasquale for King

Reporter on stv outside Pittodrie said the players used to get the hairdresser treatment from an ex manager. 

I was getting flashbacks of midweek games and the welcome we received on the way back to our buses on that hill 🙈.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I get that rule but were they told they could not go out at all just because they are footballers ?

So are we saying that if there were 2 or 3 of them flat sharing they could go out but not meeting up if it exceeds 3 households ?

Or is there a different rule for footballers at present ?

Given the circumstances, generally not good to be seen out drinking anyway but some might have been not drinking and just out with their pals and is that against protocols ? (putting aside the possibility/probability they exceded 3 households between them)

There will be quite a few groups all over Scotland who are not keeping to the household 'rule' this weekend for sure...and maybe some on here

I think there are specific rules agreed with the spfl re bubbles. Whatever they are neither Aberdeen or the SPFL seem to be suggesting that they weren’t broken. 🤷🏼‍♂️

47 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Wait, are you saying you think players will willingly infect themselves so their club can get through an injury crisis? I know footballers are the thickest species on the planet but give them some respect :lol:

Was more in jest but in Scottish football anything is possible

7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think there are specific rules agreed with the spfl re bubbles. Whatever they are neither Aberdeen or the SPFL seem to be suggesting that they weren’t broken. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’m sure I read the Scottish government said a rule had been broken.  I must have misread that. 

Jack Torrance
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

That's useful.  Some extracts from the  Phase 3 - step 3 document.

https://sportscotland.org.uk/media/5907/phase-3-resumption-of-performance-sport-step-3-final-draft.pdf

c) All individuals must agree to abide by Scottish Government and Health Protection Scotland guidelines whilst away from the Competition Venue.

d) Any personnel with known or suspected COVID-19 are not permitted at the Competition Venue and should be placed or remain in isolation and follow the latest Scottish Government and HPS guidelines. Personnel should follow the protocols put in place by the Competition Organiser and/or Performance (Elite) Sport Organisation.

3. Competition Delivery Partners and Performance (Elite) Sports Organisations should:

a) Appoint a named COVID-19 Officer (CO) for each party. The CO appointed by the Competition Organiser should be responsible for oversight of the risk and mitigation planning, communicating information to all User Groups and ensuring that the necessary standards are met. This individual does not necessarily have to be medically trained.

c) The Competition Delivery Partners, in collaboration with the Performance (Elite) Sports Organisation(s), should develop a COVID-19 competition venue operations plan, and a COVID-19 risk assessment and mitigation plan. These should include the following considerations as a minimum:

I. A code of behaviour which provides guidelines for all User Groups and the details of sanctions in place for breaches of protocol.

Phase 2 Step 2A document gives some general guidance too but high level and i can't see anything about bubbles there either...

6 Due to the unavoidable increased risk of transmission under Step 2A conditions the COVID-19 officer should re-emphasise the need for all individuals engaging with the training environment to abide by government and HPS guidelines whilst away from the training facility. Specifically, adherence to physical distancing rules always when away from Step 2A training, maintaining high standards of personal hygiene to reduce the risk of transmission, and never attending a training venue if in the slightest doubt about possible COVID-19 symptoms. 7 Due to the increased risk of transmission under Step 2A conditions the COVID-19 officer must have a clear policy for managing a COVID-19 positive individual and abide by government and PHE guidelines and reporting requirements. 

2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The game should have been played with Aberdeen using other players, how a game can be postponed because 1 team ****ed up is beyond me. 

It also, again highlights the adhoc nature of the spfl's approach and the problems of just making up solutions as problems arise. 

Wasnt it the SG that decided the game was to be postponed? Not the SPFL. 

merseyjambo

Issue of the players making. Aberdeen should not be allowed to profit from it by postponement to be played at a later date.

Punishment should come as a warning to players of other clubs not to do the same. Forfeit match with a 3-0 loss.

Edited by merseyjambo

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I was getting flashbacks of midweek games and the welcome we received on the way back to our buses on that hill 🙈.

Got to admit only been to Pittodrie once! A 2-2 draw. Probably 1975-6

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Shanks said:

I’m sure I read the Scottish government said a rule had been broken.  I must have misread that. 

I think they did as well. My point is no-one seems to be denying it. 

2 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

I think that is right. Says a lot

Don’t really get all the people saying, “they should have been forced to play the game but without the 8 affected players” - it sounds like the decision was out of the SPFL’s hands. Cannot really criticise them in this instance.  

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

The spfl cant make a decision between a pish or poo, hence the mess were in. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Don’t really get all the people saying, “they should have been forced to play the game but without the 8 affected players” - it sounds like the decision was out of the SPFL’s hands. Cannot really criticise them in this instance.  

I think the SG ‘suggested’ that the game should be postponed at a meeting this morning and the SPFL then postponed it.  

11 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Criticism levied based on the SPFL desire for the game to proceed when it is obvious the club's operation needs looked at with a postponement a necessary action. A no brainer. Failure to take the decision unilaterally leaves the SG thinking 'are these ***** paying us lip service?

Edited by Riccarton3

Listened to the section on Sportsound chaired by David Currie.....not a good start. Tommy Wright & Stephen O'Donnell were the guests. Both these guys out of a job at present, but added to their CV as good brush sweepers.

O'Donnell is training with Accies at present, however admitted to not knowing the rules! Now I appreciate he is not an Accies player, but he has accepted the training facilities at the club & should know them. Plenty of other non footballers in the bar obviously not adhering to guidelines, so why should the Dons guys be in the spotlight was part of this clown's defense!

Tommy Wright was really disappointing as I thought he would be more vocal, but as quiet as a mouse.

Will not be surprised if a similar approach tomorrow with Dick Gordon leading with soft questions & a panel of ex-Dons to answer.

Sweep, Sweep, nothing to see here is the only summary I can muster listening to that whitewash tonight.

24 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Correct, which let Aberdeen of the hook when it comes to punoshment.

SPFL should have awarded the game 3-0 to St J.

grumpyjambo

I would expect that once the 8 players are back Aberdeen will be issued with a notice of complaint and then get the points deducted. 

part_time_jambo

Surely the players should be prosecuted if they broke the law. Can't have one rule for well paid footballers and another for us plebs.

Psychedelicropcircle

Apparently in this season of no room for games other than scheduled, would it not be funny if they have 3 games not played & the league gets called on Ppg!

ive no seen the light 🖕🏿🤟🏿😂