Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I think that the SPFL may have  been warned by Skiy that they will have to refund money if games cannot be shown/played.

If the contract covers 48 games for £25m per season, then that would work out at £521k a game.

That would explain why the SPFL/SFA were hell bent on playing. 

There is no way RanTic would've been expected to fulfil a fixture without 8 players. No chance. 

Devils advocate, and in fairness to the players involed, we don't know what rules they're supposed to follow. As I understand it, a group of players went out for a bite to eat - is that wrong?

Not all of them then went on to make a night of it - that's a different thing entirely and they should be carpeted by their club accordingly. 

The big loser here is Doncaster, and his robust plans for the new season to be played during an ongoing pandemic. One step closer to the whole shitshow falling to bits. It's Aberdeen. It could've been any of them, but it's pleasing nonetheless. Burn. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Hagar the Horrible

I do not envy the poor sod who has to explain this to Wullie Miller,  I dinny unnerstaund, whit is it they are tryung tae say.

Cormack, Dick Gordon, Willie Miller....GIRFUY

Just now, Tommy Brown said:

SPFL will have no plans in place on how to deal with it.

Celtic are informing doncaster what to do

ftfy

ToadKiller Dog
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

so we have had st lockdown abd now aberquarandeen

In-between I'm sure the orcs forgot to test several players who played in a friendly with dundee united .

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I do not envy the poor sod who has to explain this to Wullie Miller,  I dinny unnerstaund, whit is it they are tryung tae say.

Karma is a wonderful thing 😂😂😂😂

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Blackadder Series 2 Episode 2 Head Full Script

What was Chris McLaughlin from BBC  saying again? Best just stick to reporting on football and forget any attempt at pre judging health related outcomes

Edited by Riccarton3

Calling the game off is the only sensible decision, there's no way the SPFL would disproportionately disadvantage one team in the face of a global pandemic...

11 hours ago, magic roundabout said:

Interesting perspective on the dons forum. 

Screenshot_20200806-203315.png

“Humans”. :( 

8 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Game's off.

IMHO the only option available to the SG who have taken this step to avoid a "Dominic Cummings event" which a report today has highlighted destroyed the public confidence in the "UK" Government management of the Covid 19 crisis.

Well played Scotland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/53683597

11:34

BreakingST JOHNSTONE V ABERDEEN IS OFF

Aberdeen's visit to St Johnstone on Saturday has now been called off following the news last night that two Aberdeen players tested positive for Covid-19, with another six players self-isolating.

More to follow.

5 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Celtic are being consulted.

Very rarely I laugh outwardly on here 

Surely Aberdeen's opponents in the upcoming games should be awarded the points, Aberdeen have a responsibility to ensure their players behave in the correct manner

3 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

In-between I'm sure the orcs forgot to test several players who played in a friendly with dundee united .

add in sevcovid

5 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Big **** off flip chart with jumbo crayons, and glove puppets.

Seymour M Hersh
52 minutes ago, Brown1982 said:

Some pubs down south have already had to close though just because 1 or 2 people have tested positive.  We are talking 8 confirmed cases here.  How many more do you need for them to be shutdown for a couple of weeks let alone travel outside a quarantine zone for a game of football???

it just comes across as being totally at odds with the incredibly careful approach the Scottish government has taken throughout this whole thing.  

We are saying that a team who is in a region that has just been put back into lockdown and has also has EIGHT first team players test positive are allowed to travel out with that region to play a game of football. 

I’m sure there are cases of the virus not showing up in tests instantly as well.  The chairman said himself they were only made aware of the situation yesterday half an hour before it went public.  

I don't think we are. Two confirmed and 6 in close proximity so self isolating.

Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

Big **** off flip chart with jumbo crayons, and glove puppets.

you can't expain it to miller while he is eating

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, doctor jambo said:

Auto 3-0 please

failire to complete a fixture

It’s what it should be to be honest. Their players broke the rules in place by the SPFL, if they cannot fulfil their fixture due to the flouting of the rules St. Johnstone should be awarded the victory and Aberdeen fined.

Here, by the way... bringing the game in to disrepute? Not acting in the utmost good faith? 🤷‍♂️

Nookie Bear

I wonder what the actual reason was for calling the game off.

Was it because of government intervention to prevent a serious public health problem getting worse, or was it because the league did not want Aberdeen to play with such a depleted squad?

And what happens to the next sheep match? I assume their game at home to Hamilton is off for the same reason (whatever that reason is).

I am sure our journalistic talent will be all over this.

Oh, and...:bravo:Aberdeen!!

John Findlay
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s what it should be to be honest. Their players broke the rules in place by the SPFL, if they cannot fulfil their fixture due to the flouting of the rules St. Johnstone should be awarded the victory and Aberdeen fined.

Correct.

Hearts get punished for farting these days, so Aberdeen must be punished for for breaching the rules, which allowed Scottish football to start again. 

Just now, milky_26 said:

you can't expain it to miller while he is eating

:rofl:

Can just imagine turning around to face him and wondering where the crayons have gone... as he shifts in his seat and re-buckles his belt.

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

100%.  St Johnstone haven't had an outbreak, so have obviously been following the rules.

Aberdeen have not, and their player's complete lack of professionalism has let the League down.

3-0 win for St Johnstone, and a £100,000 fine for Aberdeen for bringing the game into disrepute.

Edited by tian447

Scottish Premiership build up : St Johnstone v Aberdeen postponed.

what's the diff between cancelled and postponed? BBC had cancelled then changed it.

And Lawell wants fans in the grounds when?

Hectormasson
12 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Celtic are being consulted.

At this very moment.......they have the powers .........🥱🥱🥱🥱☠☠

8 minutes ago, brux said:

How glad are you now that we are not a part of this laughing stock of a league, or division anyway 

gutted actually. 

Whitley Jambo

Precedent set. Next steps will be interesting. What is the min. number of players in lockdown needed to get game postponed ? 3 points to opponents ? Penalty for club ?  Shambles.

3 minutes ago, Pagey said:

One round of games into the season... couldn’t run a raffle.

hope Dons get hammered with a fine 

No joking though, this is surely disrepute or not acting in the utmost good faith. They should be ****ing hammered for this, it’s actually outrageous. 

Just a note here at this time the game has been postponed not cancelled

This looks to me about the right time be to

L M F A O

OH MA SIDES

SPFL/SFA.................UP YE

Edited by 7628mm