Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s what it should be to be honest. Their players broke the rules in place by the SPFL, if they cannot fulfil their fixture due to the flouting of the rules St. Johnstone should be awarded the victory and Aberdeen fined.

Correct, by simply postponing the game they are giving carte blanche for players and clubs to use covid to get out of games, got three players with injuries just before a key game? call it covid and play it 2 weeks later when they are fit

Plus, if this happens frequently it'll destroy the argument that the fixture list was too full to complete the 19/20 season

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Tommy Brown
13 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Calling the game off is the only sensible decision, there's no way the SPFL would disproportionately disadvantage one team in the face of a global pandemic...

:bravo:

Nookie Bear

I do not think they will get any kind of punishment for this unless there are direct costs incurred by St J for staging the game?

Just cannot see the SPFL going down that road.

Big compo claim incoming from Sky surely???  Game was scheduled to be broadcast live tomorrow.  GIRFUY SPFL.  KARMA.  TAKE YOUR MEDICINE.   

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I wonder how the other players with families, potentially vulnerable, will look upon their teammates now.

Absolutely. 

15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I don't think we are. Two confirmed and 6 in close proximity so self isolating.

Right enough 2 confirmed 6 in isolation my bad.  Game is off now anyway so 👍👍👍👍👍👍

Aberdeen should be made to pay compensation to Sky and St Johnstone. 

They in turn can recoup that money from the guilty players. Assuming the club gave clear instructions. 

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I do not think they will get any kind of punishment for this unless there are direct costs incurred by St J for staging the game?

Just cannot see the SPFL going down that road.

With the size of the fines getting dished out any penalty could be well into double figures. 

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

When's the next Sportsound

broadcast ? 

I cannae wait 😂😂😂

This is worth a special edition 😁

12:00-14:00 Saturday, 14:00-18:00 also for 3pm kickoffs. 

Sunday Offtheball 12:00-14:00, then sportsound 14:00-16:00.  I think the sunday is interesting from the Cosgrove perspective being a St.Johnstone fan then hearing maybe if there's an Aberdeen spokesperson on sportsound after.

9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

AIs there not something about the sheep forfeiting the next 3 games? 🤣🙏🖕

Won’t have an impact on them when they all vote to cancel relegation and promotion for a season.

3 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Just a note here at this time the game has been postponed not cancelled

This looks to me about the right time be to

L M F A O

OH MA SIDES

SPFL/SFA.................UP YE

My thoughts exactly.

if this continues long enough with more games being postponed, we may have to do a league reconstruction.  Oh wait, we've already voted against that.  Then maybe a 33 game top league?  Oh no, we can't do that either as Sky want 4 OF games.

Rather than speculate too long, I think we should be in touch immediately with Lawwell to see what we should do.

23 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Big **** off flip chart with jumbo crayons, and glove puppets.

:)

August Landmesser

An entire thread devoted to Aberdeen and no sign of our pet sheep? Anyone seen the light recently?

22 minutes ago, heartandsoul said:

Popcorn at the ready. 

I think sportsound on BBC radio tonight at 6pm has just got a wee bit more and interesting.......

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

An entire thread devoted to Aberdeen and no sign of our pet sheep? Anyone seen the light recently?

Beat me to it. I’m sure he will be along shortly.

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Nah, the poor guys managed to stay in the protective bubble....  🙄

Slightly off topic. 

4 in ICU 

Zero deaths. 

101 cases in Aberdeen.

Sturgeon getting stuck into to the players. 😳

Scottish government pulled the game at a meeting with the SFA this morning. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

19 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

No joking though, this is surely disrepute or not acting in the utmost good faith. They should be ****ing hammered for this, it’s actually outrageous. 

U would hope so. All the games that were played to finish the EPL and not one positive test. Club should be hammered and the players too. Total disregard for the health of team mates and families not to mention implications for the season and other leagues. Total fkwits. 

26 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Scottish Premiership build up : St Johnstone v Aberdeen postponed.

what's the diff between cancelled and postponed? BBC had cancelled then changed it.

And Lawell wants fans in the grounds when?

Cancelled means it's never going to happen , postponed means to be rescheduled for another day.

Another cluster **** by Scottish football. 

The EPL managed around 8 rounds of games. The EFL managed a few rounds and playoff finals and the FA Cup was played to a conclusion. 

We've had Seria A and La Liga finish their seasons in their countries where they have been harder hit than we have by COVID. 

We've seen the Europa League this week and we will watch the CL tonight. 

The people overseeing out game should again take responsibility for the utter shambles that we are overseeing. Aberdeen should also be hammered and their players fined. 

The Internet
1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Slightly off topic. 

4 in ICU 

Zero deaths. 

22 days in a row with zero deaths. 

JamboGraham

Yet another governance failure by the SPFL. We have had many debates on here noting the fact that not one thing has changed in terms of how the league is planning to respond and cope with what was almost inevitable to happen at least once in the season (I must admit I thought it would take longer than 1 week though).

Just agree some rules and a framework for various scenarios and at least then everyone knows where they stand. This this is not a postponement due to unforeseen factors this is a cancellation due to a club breaking the rules and breaking rules should have consequences. I have no love for St Johnstone but why should they now have to play this match wedged between other fixtures.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Slightly off topic. 

4 in ICU 

Zero deaths. 

101 cases in Aberdeen.

Sturgeon getting stuck into to the players. 😳

Scottish government pulled the game at a meeting with the SFA this morning. 

SPFL telt, ****ing love it.

1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

Yet another governance failure by the SPFL. We have had many debates on here noting the fact that not one thing has changed in terms of how the league is planning to respond and cope with what was almost inevitable to happen at least once in the season (I must admit I thought it would take longer than 1 week though).

Just agree some rules and a framework for various scenarios and at least then everyone knows where they stand. This this is not a postponement due to unforeseen factors this is a cancellation due to a club breaking the rules and breaking rules should have consequences. I have no love for St Johnstone but why should they now have to play this match wedged between other fixtures.

Sturgeon has made that very clear.

A clear breach of rules agreed between the football authorities and the SG.

The tie must be awarded to St. Johnstone, imo.

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Let's hope it continues that way. 

I'm a bit wary with the pubs now open and irresponsible behaviour from people who think they are indestructible. 

Twitter rumours of further 2 positives at Aberdeen, don't know how true they are but if its 2 of the isolating 6 then no real change.

If its another 2 players then what sort of clarty antics are the sheep up too

John Findlay

Leadership from the SPFL board. Non existent.

Leadership from the SFA. Non existent.

Yet there will still be lackies and sycophants in the Scottish media saying Doncaster et al are doing a good job.

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Sturgeon raging.

Brilliant.

Struggling to control her anger by the looks of it. 

Interesting to see what Aberdeen FC do about this.

drumie jambo

As much as I dont like St.Johnstone they should be awarded a 3-0 win and Aberdeen should be hammered financially

7 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Yeah... Some good news. Good to hear with all the bad news we're getting..

Also......... how incredible is it that the SPFL couldn’t take the decision themselves and it’s took intervention from the government to stop it going ahead.  How desperate are these clowns?????  A blind man running for his life could see that the game shouldn’t go ahead.  Incompetence on top of more incompetence and total lack of any leadership or morals.  

Hope there’s big repercussions for the whole of the Scottish game.  We’ve already heard of tests not being carried out properly at H1b5’s Rangers and Motherwell.  It’s no exactly rocket science is it???  Virtually every other sector in the country has managed to test and act accordingly.  The proof is in the pudding obviously with how well the virus has been controlled in Scotland.  Zero deaths for 3 weeks now.  Yet the SPFL have proved within a week that 4 clubs can’t be trusted and one of them in a big way.  

I would suspend it until October just to be on the safe side 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

4 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Sums it up perfectly.

Question to be posed to SPFL/Doncaster : what are the consequences for clubs & players who wilfully break the rules ?  In fact , are there any ? 

Although like anything in Scottish football I don't really expect it to be an  issue for the media until one of the OF has a postponement and then the rags will start panicking over the league getting called and it costing one of them the title. 

There must be sanctions against the players and Aberdeen for a clear breach of the rules. Yes players have become sick but that doesn’t excuse the flagrant disregard for the rules. 
The governing body of Scottish Football ( stop laughing at the back) needs to be seen to act and send a message to other clubs that this will not be tolerated. 

1 minute ago, Pilmuir said:

Struggling to control her anger by the looks of it. 

Interesting to see what Aberdeen FC do about this.

Yeah....  Made my wee fixed odds line even smaller...🙄

heartandsoul
15 minutes ago, hueyview said:

I think sportsound on BBC radio tonight at 6pm has just got a wee bit more and interesting.......

Without a doubt.

Hagar the Horrible

This just goes to show, the SPFL would have allowed that OF game to be played away back in March, they would have allowed this game to go ahead tomorrow.  Not a fan of the SG, but credit where its due, you could tell Wee jimmy was angry and took proper action.

Are you watching Doncaster, she is on half your wage!

But just to throw another spanner in the owrks, with the contagious 8 out for 2 weeks, and there are all sorts of romours going around they mixed with the whole squad.  Will the next 2 games face the same fate?

So absolutely confirmed by Government that Aberdeen broke the rules. 

Players shouldn't be out at pubs etc. 

Test of how SFA are going to enforce things.