Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

I can't find the list of the 8 players involved and I wouldn't wish it on them, but let's say it was Ferguson and McKenna positive, both end up with mild symptons and some studies suggesting 40% of mild symptomers show permanent respiratory issues.

What a feck up.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

Players have certainly shat in the face of Dave Cormack. Who tried to shield them from wage cuts, kept them off furlough etc. 

It's embarrassing. Plenty of other leagues have managed to finish their season without any postponements. 2nd round of fixtures and we have one. Not sure it's entirely fair to just lay all the blame at the players door, 90% of players in all the other euro leagues have managed fine. There were positive tests in England which didn't lead to chaos. Whatever the system agreed and put in place in Scotland must have been different and less effective.

20 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Are you guys blind?

No i can see the light.Never realised when I posted I was 3 hours behind on the thread

4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I fully enforce whatever reasonable "medicine" is dished out.

Forfeiting the games? Then so be it.

I fully agree with a tough stance

Don't expect the SPFL to show any leadership, apply sanctions to meet what you might be looking for.

They just don;t do that.

Didn't SevCo / Utd get only a slapped wrist for playing games before test results had returned 

By the way, I think there will be a lot more, if not all, SPFL Clubs relieved that it was not their Club in the spotlight at this moment in time, considering the typical "Billy Big Boy" attitude of players throughout the game. I'm sure the Aberdeen guys were not the only guys out in bars at the weekend.

It will certainly be a wake up call for all SPFL clubs, just unfortunate for you that it is Aberdeen FC which could suffer the consequences of this situation.

I agree with you & do not expect any leadership to be shown by SFA/SPFL executives. Never has, never will. They are only interested in themselves & their own teams are evidenced since the virus took hold. There are many instances in the past too which would confirm the expected "non action" to be the order of the day.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

I can't find the list of the 8 players involved and I wouldn't wish it on them, but let's say it was Ferguson and McKenna positive, both end up with mild symptons and some studies suggesting 40% of mild symptomers show permanent respiratory issues.

What a feck up.

part_time_jambo
16 hours ago, jonesy said:

Anyone know any pubs in Aberdeen where I can catch it?

Bad choice of words. Then I realised you meant the game.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

We're talking about a Covid specific context in the very short term, or hadn't you noticed ?

WTF Cathro/CL has to do with this conversation is beyond me. 

They are even easier to replace in the short term context as clubs like Aberdeen have squads and you can use players from the squad or reserve squad or under 19 squad, or hadn't you noticed?

I'm sorry you can't work out the Cathro/CL reference.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

****ing twats as has been said these guys are meant to be professionals.  So many UK athletes are clowns.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think the 3 points from the St Johnstone sheep game being postponed should be given to Septic. It's only fair that everything possible is done to help them to 10 in a row. :rolleyes:

Jambo 4 Ever
15 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

This is not the players fault unless they've blatantly ignored what they've been told and if so I'll await fines and suspensions by the club.

If the club thought it safe and within guidelines to allow a group of players out into the public for a meal then they should be hammered big time. 

It an utter disgrace and a kick in the bollocks to normal working class people that are sacrificing an awful lot to keep people safe and give everyone a chance to live a normal life sooner rather than later. 

Definitely the players fault mate 

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

What a feck up.

So what happened to your career as a professional sportsman dad? 

Well the thing is son, I couldn’t behave myself and was desperate for a beer so went to the pub with a load of my team mates and couldn’t get 100% fit after that. And that’s why I work in a call centre now. 

24 minutes ago, Voxpop said:

Points must go to st Johnstone.  No football with fans for a year and lots of tin pot clubs to go bust please!

Maybe if SJ don't  get the points they should go to court....😁 we all know how that would turn out...🤪🤪

part_time_jambo
1 hour ago, heartmussel said:

Just home and catching up,whenever this game is rescheduled Aberdeen will be stronger with Main Cosgrove and infected players back,surely there must be some kind of penalty imposed on them,and I totally understand that this would apply to all clubs that broke any guidelines.

That's St Johnstone's problem not ours. they can fight their own corner.

If its true then the players should all be fined and Aberdeen the club needs at the very least a caution that this doesnt happen again cause as of right now they are getting off free and St Johnstone are being punished.

6 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

This must not be the end of it, the plague 8 must face say three game bans, 1 of which must the the St Johnstone replay.  Or the 3 points awarded?

Interesting though the FM (AKA  WJK for somebody on here) stated she would not speculate on the other 2 games these players will be forced to miss?  I think she is giving them enough rope to hang themselves? 

But lets be clear, fans at games have been just given the red light.  If players cant behave, Fans will be 10 times worse.

So NO fans for a very long time, and extra testing WILL hit most clubs hard,.....shame really?  I will but those 8 a pint next time I am in the Soul bar

Your use of the question mark is irritating.

Think the whole SPFL board and office staff will soon be in quarantine as well with the £5000 they got from hearts and Partick thistle big night out celebrating there court win 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Cosgrove, Bryson, Mcgeough, McKenna, Kennedy are in this picture. 

7456DFA9-2D68-4A57-A1FD-E2C00313844A.jpeg

Packed schedule we were told. Game's called off due to inclement weather would provide a massive headache and now games "postponed" due to some idiot sheep. Hammer them please and award St J the points. Claire should be working the weekend on this. The ramifications for this could presumably run over next weekend too and if it's went through the squad like wildfire, then what? **** them, really want clubs to feel real pain now and hopefully this is the start of it. 

FTSPFL, FTSFA AND FTH

HHGH

Pasquale for King

Lennon just said his players have been to restaurants etc and having looked I can’t find the exact guidelines for players. I hope we have explained the do’s and don'ts properly to our players, and this is allowed. 

90029A01-F294-4664-BB69-F64488494222.jpeg

colinmaroon
38 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Just watched the SG briefing.  Great stuff from Sturgeon there, clearly angry and annoyed with the players.     I wonder if Fitzpatrick may have planted the seed during the meeting with the JRG that any more of this could well result in a review of the date for return of fans (mid Oct ?).       

I'd imagine that the JRG put the responsibility for enforcing discipline/adherence to covid stuff on to the clubs themselves...... so it might not just be Aberdeen in the firing line in weeks to come.   Football players  are generally a bit daft, especially in groups - so it's going to be up to clubs to fine their players for causing stuff like this.   

Totally agree with the comments above that St. J should be awarded the points.      The SPFL have already destroyed the concept of sporting integrity, so anything goes now.

St Johnstone should take them to court!

Hagar the Horrible

Green teeths take:

Lennon also admits he has concerns over their match with Aberdeen going ahead next weekend, but added he’s not a fan of points being waived and would prefer a postponement if necessary.

says the guy who won a title by ballot!

IveSeenTheLight
19 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

What a feck up.

Rumours only.

Apparently both are Asymptomatic (at the moment) and its Ferguson and Anderson

There is no way the SPFL can award the points to St. J. in case something similar happens before the first Sevco/Cellic game.

john thomas
13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

****ing twats as has been said these guys are meant to be professionals.  So many UK athletes are clowns.

Its not as if they are all young and inexperienced

SPFL should show leadership[!] and be handing out suspensions

23 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

This must not be the end of it, the plague 8 must face say three game bans, 1 of which must the the St Johnstone replay.  Or the 3 points awarded?

Interesting though the FM (AKA  WJK for somebody on here) stated she would not speculate on the other 2 games these players will be forced to miss?  I think she is giving them enough rope to hang themselves? 

But lets be clear, fans at games have been just given the red light.  If players cant behave, Fans will be 10 times worse.

So NO fans for a very long time, and extra testing WILL hit most clubs hard,.....shame really?  I will but those 8 a pint next time I am in the Soul bar

You let yourself down with that pish. Sorry.

IveSeenTheLight
23 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

No i can see the light.Never realised when I posted I was 3 hours behind on the thread

More than that. I posted last night ;)

46 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Are you guys blind?

I must say I wondered why those questions were being asked, I suppose not everyone reads every post from the thread!

IveSeenTheLight
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If the picture I saw was from last Saturday, it certainly looked like Cosgrove was out at the meal

Demote Hearts because of virus then these w@ankers go out and flaunt rules and catch it. and just postpone game? well done Dungcaster whoaaa

give your self another 20odd k pay rise as well..

Hagar the Horrible
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

You let yourself down with that pish. Sorry.

I was winding somebody else up.  a wee fly dig granted and beneath me, possibly,  but very slightly smirkingly pleasureable.  Sorry my bad, but the point stands, she is playing a blinder, The SFA/SPFL/JRG would have played that game and just moved on.  This is a warning for everybody.  She did not hit the post with out incompetent authorities.  Everybody with an ersehole has had a view, and Doncaster the actual ersehole who is getting paid to do so, has not said a peep

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

If the picture I saw was from last Saturday, it certainly looked like Cosgrove was out at the meal

Dave Cormack might be saving money on not getting Cosgrove tested as he is out until November/December:whistling:

22 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

That's St Johnstone's problem not ours. they can fight their own corner.

Agree as unfair as it is for the many reasons posted here, it's not our problem, I don't think there is any sympathy for any SPL club from many of us!

Spitonastranger
8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

FM (AKA  WJK for somebody on here)

Hilarious for the hard of thinking on here 

Spitonastranger
2 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I was winding somebody else up.  a wee fly dig granted and beneath me, possibly,  but very slightly smirkingly pleasureable.  Sorry my bad, but the point stands, she is playing a blinder, The SFA/SPFL/JRG would have played that game and just moved on.  This is a warning for everybody.  She did not hit the post with out incompetent authorities.  Everybody with an ersehole has had a view, and Doncaster the actual ersehole who is getting paid to do so, has not said a peep

Don't flatter your self :greggy:

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

I think she has shown far better leadership than anyone else during this pandemic. A strong stance is needed, and that appears to be what we are getting. Apart from anything else though, it’s clearly being done for the right reasons - to save lives and protect people. Contrast that with the Scottish Football governing bodies. 😬

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Lennon just said his players have been to restaurants etc and having looked I can’t find the exact guidelines for players. I hope we have explained the do’s and don'ts properly to our players, and this is allowed. 

90029A01-F294-4664-BB69-F64488494222.jpeg

I thought Hearts weren’t included in the Premiership agreement. We are playing part time players guys who can’t be in a ‘bubble’ due to potential work commitments 

maroonlegions
22 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

St Johnstone should take them to court!

Final score just in
Nicola Sturgeon 1
Aberdeen 0
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

willie wallace
11 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I presume the Soul Bar is not a football place.

Don't think many Aberdeen fans would be happy to see the players out enjoying themselves after that result

4 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

I presume the Soul Bar is not a football place.

Don't think many Aberdeen fans would be happy to see the players out enjoying themselves after that result

Looks like there was a Rangers supporter there that night, with his/her phone/camera. 

Anything that makes the SPFL  even more of a laughing stock is fine by me.  Clubs had a chance to change the way it was run but decided to stick with the status quo. F££k the lot of them. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

I've  not read it but I imagine the links towards the bottom covering performance sport will be close to any guidance provided to the clubs...

https://sportscotland.org.uk/covid-19/latest-sport-and-physical-activity-guidance/

That's useful.  Some extracts from the  Phase 3 - step 3 document.

https://sportscotland.org.uk/media/5907/phase-3-resumption-of-performance-sport-step-3-final-draft.pdf

c) All individuals must agree to abide by Scottish Government and Health Protection Scotland guidelines whilst away from the Competition Venue.

d) Any personnel with known or suspected COVID-19 are not permitted at the Competition Venue and should be placed or remain in isolation and follow the latest Scottish Government and HPS guidelines. Personnel should follow the protocols put in place by the Competition Organiser and/or Performance (Elite) Sport Organisation.

3. Competition Delivery Partners and Performance (Elite) Sports Organisations should:

a) Appoint a named COVID-19 Officer (CO) for each party. The CO appointed by the Competition Organiser should be responsible for oversight of the risk and mitigation planning, communicating information to all User Groups and ensuring that the necessary standards are met. This individual does not necessarily have to be medically trained.

c) The Competition Delivery Partners, in collaboration with the Performance (Elite) Sports Organisation(s), should develop a COVID-19 competition venue operations plan, and a COVID-19 risk assessment and mitigation plan. These should include the following considerations as a minimum:

I. A code of behaviour which provides guidelines for all User Groups and the details of sanctions in place for breaches of protocol.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Doige and another unnamed hibs player were raking about lothian road at 3am on sunday morning trying to get into a student flat party 

Which is why we have been over taken by so many smaller footballing countries. Anyone who tries to change it gets chased out.

SpruceBringsteen

Game's off why?

As I'm sure someone else will have said, we were forced to play Inverness in 05(?) when we had everyone down to the kitman ****ed with the flu. 

Aberdeen could easily field their u16s who presumably don't train with the first team.

willie wallace
2 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Game's off why?

As I'm sure someone else will have said, we were forced to play Inverness in 05(?) when we had everyone down to the kitman ****ed with the flu. 

Aberdeen could easily field their u16s who presumably don't train with the first team.

May be more to do with protecting St.Johnstone players and officials etc.

SpruceBringsteen
6 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

May be more to do with protecting St.Johnstone players and officials etc.

Sure, but that's why I'm saying the kids who would have had no contact with the first team should play.

Edit: was reminded of this from June too.

https://apnews.com/cb5e6388ee4257a0f994d72273539559

Edited by SpruceBringsteen

davemclaren
Just now, SpruceBringsteen said:

Sure, but that's why I'm saying the kids who would have had no contact with the first team should play.

Think it’s more to do with the government firing a shot over the SPL’s bows.