Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

10 minutes ago, theshed said:

Can you imagine Celtic were playing rangers and 8 of their first team had to isolate 

You think game would go ahead? 😂😂😂

The point is that the game shouldn’t be going ahead. Whether it’s Celtic or Aberdeen and on Sky or not on Sky and no matter how it came about, a club with a third of its first team squad in isolation shouldnt be allowed to train or travel, far less play in a close contact sport. The fact that this game is actually going ahead  is the shocking part of this. Nicola Sturgeon needs to step in here and put a stop to this calamitous management of football. It’s borderline reckless to have this game played 

Edited by JimmyCant

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

John Findlay
44 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think that the SPFL may have  been warned by Skiy that they will have to refund money if games cannot be shown/played.

If the contract covers 48 games for £25m per season, then that would work out at £521k a game.

This is it in a nutshell.

6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

we need these games to go ahead, regardless of the quality of teams they put out on the pitch. Thevery last thing we want is for the SPFL to be so disrupted that conversations start to take place about whether it is fair to relegate anyone at the end of the season.

I understand your point about "The show must go on" but this is not taking into account the threat of Covid 19 to the population.

The testing system is not perfect so It is not beyond the realms of possibility that an Aberdeen player was positive when they played Rangers and infected a bear. From there it may be that a Rangers player has infected a Bayer Leverkusen player and so the cycle goes on. If Aberdeen play St J tomorrow the virus may infect them and so on and so forth.

Public health TRUMPS all things football at this time

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Nicola Sturgeon needs to step in here. 

I may be wrong but I thought there was to be a meeting later today between SPFL and SG. 

I really can't see the FM risking her reputation for the way she has handled the crisis so far over this. 

The football authorities know full well what is expected of them. 

The prospect of losing a few quid from TV should never enter the equation imo. 

If you where a St J or Hamilton player, would you be happy to play against Aberdeen knowing there is a heightened risk of catching the sheep virus?

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

I understand your point about "The show must go on" but this is not taking into account the threat of Covid 19 to the population.

The testing system is not perfect so It is not beyond the realms of possibility that an Aberdeen player was positive when they played Rangers and infected a bear. From there it may be that a Rangers player has infected a Bayer Leverkusen player and so the cycle goes on. If Aberdeen play St J tomorrow the virus may infect them and so on and so forth.

Yeah i get that but all players are being tested on a regular basis so we would know if rangers are affected, i would imagine.

It's not an ideal situation and it may mean games are called off at the last minute, or the u18s are played, but that kind of disruption is happening in every business right now.

I do believe, however, that Sturgeon is going to train her sights on football very soon and demand they sort thier mess out.

Rogue Daddy
10 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Surely if you can’t play in circumstances you’ve brought upon yourself (the players have) that’s a case for forfeiture of the game, not just a postponement and everything gets swept under the carpet. I think the SG have the right to instruct and will instruct that this game doesn’t go ahead. Is there an organisation in the country who has dealt with this pandemic worse than Scottish Football has ?

Seriously, when is the penny going to drop that the SPFL just isn’t fit for purpose. They just stumble from one fiasco to another. Is there any plan at all for these games in ‘emergency’ situations? It’s frightening to think that the level of stupidity on show, can get to such positions of ‘power’. FFS. 
Scottish Football is a laughing stock... or would be if it wasn’t so serious a situation. 

Hagar the Horrible
19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

we need these games to go ahead, regardless of the quality of teams they put out on the pitch. Thevery last thing we want is for the SPFL to be so disrupted that conversations start to take place about whether it is fair to relegate anyone at the end of the season.

Thats why St J should be awarded a 3-0 win, sod SKY!  Aberdeen are putting their whole sqaud at risk, now they want to put St Johnstones!  But I would take not being promoted by ballot if clubs and a lot of them died shortly after, Being the last club standing gets to decide the setup. and who is allowed back

colinmaroon
6 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Surely if you can’t play in circumstances you’ve brought upon yourself (the players have) that’s a case for forfeiture of the game, not just a postponement and everything gets swept under the carpet. I think the SG have the right to instruct and will instruct that this game doesn’t go ahead. Is there an organisation in the country who has dealt with this pandemic worse than Scottish Football has ?

They couldn't set up a draughts board let alone run football.

I can see some skulduggery if it was one of the Bigot Brothers involved.  Missed tests until after the game etc.

The one thing that gives me hope is that when corrupt organisations come under unusual and severe pressure, the cracks become ever more visible.

Hagar the Horrible
10 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

The players went to a covid hotspot after the game, it wont affect Rangers, and the proof in that would be that they were tested again before flying.  Its Aberdeen thats the issue, how much contact did that 8, who breached the bubble rules come into contact with anybody inside the bio-secure Aberdeen bubble. If is much as 1 more failes the test, or a st Johnstone employee now contacts it, Aberdeen FC needs to be shut down for 2 weeks and a deep clean, and all members of staff iscolated in a hotel...Very costly but that is the cost of keeping the sport going and all of us safe!

2 hours ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Sky could probably show a re run of the 1996 English league cup semi final and get more viewers than Aberdeen v St Johnstone tbf. 

Could do

16 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

This auld yin is very grateful for your concern.

I would also say that there some folks, my wife is an example of someone who is exempt from wearing a mask, ironically, because of breathing difficulty.

Yes, that must be tough.

Today's count at the newsagent included three young workmates in hard hats and no masks. I'd be very surprised if all three of them were in that vulnerable category.

We need to reinforce the message as much as possible that this is far from over and we must all do whatever we can to prevent spread.

Good health to you and your wife.

54 minutes ago, Brown1982 said:

Well isn’t this a fine fine mess????  Absolutely incredible that they are letting it go ahead.  I thought it was a bit of a stretch with Aberdeen being in lockdown but now this????  What example does this set to the rest of the country who have been making sacrifices for months???  Yet a game is football is allowed to go ahead despite this????  

Whoever was representing their tin pot crappy organisation the SFA must have been on their knees begging during the meeting.  Surprise surprise it’s a sky football televised game tomorrow.  

Karma is coming in a big way it’s a matter of time I’m telling you.  

Also if that was Hearts players I would be absolutely raging.  I appreciate footballers have lives to but under the whole extremely delicate situation just now if they were away sitting in a pub...... “professionals”.  They are in a very privelaged position.  There are front line key workers who have put themselves and their families at risk during this whole crisis myself included and all these guys have to do is train safely and follow the rules and be paid handsomely in return.  After a 4 month lay off getting paid very well while others are struggling big time and losing their jobs.  Incredibly selfish and I’m glad they’ve been found out.  

Also wee Amy McDonald is clearly no the brightest or just plain pig headed ignorant.  I suspect both.  Stick to your music and leave the thinking to the adults.  

I’m out lol 

If a few people are in isolation my work still continues. 

There have been cases of workplaces closed but where there are a lot more cases. 

21 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Correct. 

The players are in isolation to protect the community. 

18 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I may be wrong but I thought there was to be a meeting later today between SPFL and SG. 

I really can't see the FM risking her reputation for the way she has handled the crisis so far over this. 

Hadn’t heard about the meeting. The game can’t possibly go ahead. Agree completely, if they lose cash on the sky deal then tough shit. 

18 minutes ago, luckydug said:

You can't close down the whole economy or a business for a few cases. In this case 8 people. 

The system is people infected and those at risk of infection go into isolation until the estimated time passes. And in this case they have negative tests. 

If the Government stops football it will have close a lot more. 

20 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

If you where a St J or Hamilton player, would you be happy to play against Aberdeen knowing there is a heightened risk of catching the sheep virus?

They are playing a squad with staff all with negative tests. 

19 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah i get that but all players are being tested on a regular basis so we would know if rangers are affected, i would imagine.

It's not an ideal situation and it may mean games are called off at the last minute, or the u18s are played, but that kind of disruption is happening in every business right now.

I do believe, however, that Sturgeon is going to train her sights on football very soon and demand they sort thier mess out.

If the pub visit was not allowed by rules, which is what is suggested by quotes, then you would think Aberdeen will receive a very severe punishment. 

Let’s face facts, if this had been us the compliance officer and the SPFL would have been over us like a rash.

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

There have been cases of workplaces closed but where there are a lot more cases. 

but your work should have appropriate social distancing measures in place. This would be laid out by a suitable risk assessment that would have been needed before your work should have re-opened.

Footballers cannot socially distance in their job due to the nature of it, so from that you could say that all players should be isolating as they will have come into close contact with hose infected during training

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They are playing a squad with staff all with negative tests. 

what if the infected players have passed it onto other players after the tests were taken, but before the results were known. in that situation some players could be infected but their last test was negative. And remember it can take up to 7-10 days for the incubation period, this is why people need to self isolate for 14 days rather than go get a test and not self isolate

57 minutes ago, luckydug said:

They can forget fans being allowed back at matches. 

Bite the hand that could feed you..........feckin idiots!

They have 1 job, stay clean!

Think I might wet my pants if another sheep player tests positive.

I want Scottish football in an enforced shut down by the Scottish government 

:jjyay:

13 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Let's be honest, the SPFL doesn't have a plan for this scenario. They're still winging it.

I don't think they are even winging it...

I wonder if the SKY contract has penalty clauses in it if televised games don't go ahead..

4 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

but your work should have appropriate social distancing measures in place. This would be laid out by a suitable risk assessment that would have been needed before your work should have re-opened.

Footballers cannot socially distance in their job due to the nature of it, so from that you could say that all players should be isolating as they will have come into close contact with hose infected during training

Training is largely distanced. Going to and from work is distanced. 

A football game too is largely distanced. Transmission in a game especially being outdoors is deemed by science to be a very low risk. 

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Some pubs down south have already had to close though just because 1 or 2 people have tested positive.  We are talking 8 confirmed cases here.  How many more do you need for them to be shutdown for a couple of weeks let alone travel outside a quarantine zone for a game of football???

it just comes across as being totally at odds with the incredibly careful approach the Scottish government has taken throughout this whole thing.  

We are saying that a team who is in a region that has just been put back into lockdown and has also has EIGHT first team players test positive are allowed to travel out with that region to play a game of football. 

I’m sure there are cases of the virus not showing up in tests instantly as well.  The chairman said himself they were only made aware of the situation yesterday half an hour before it went public.  

2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

A sentiment I can't find fault in.

Hagar the Horrible
11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You can't close down the whole economy or a business for a few cases. In this case 8 people. 

The system is people infected and those at risk of infection go into isolation until the estimated time passes. And in this case they have negative tests. 

It all depends on the when and where the contagious 8 went after coming into contact with Covid?  If they have all been at training then Aberdeen FC needs to be shut down for 2 weeks and given a deep clean and tested again and again.  You are making it sound like close it down for ever.....that would just be a bonus

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

what if the infected players have passed it onto other players after the tests were taken, but before the results were known. in that situation some players could be infected but their last test was negative. And remember it can take up to 7-10 days for the incubation period, this is why people need to self isolate for 14 days rather than go get a test and not self isolate

Only those in close proximity are deemed to be a risk. 

That is in pub close together. 

Of course anyone could have virus without symptoms. But the numbers across Scotland suggest those not in direct contact are at very very low risk. 

5 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Points deduction that relegates them. 

Or lose membership of league. 

Guess The Crowd
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

What shitty footballers, there should be hookers, cocaine, broken tables, wall to wall vomit and someone passed out.

And they get busted for that?? Arseholes, they deserve everything they get.

😄😄😄

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Correct 

Hagar the Horrible

Is it just me, but that picture of the players is actualy in the Soul Bar....oh the irony

Confirmed but the SG and the JRG are having a meeting this afternoon to discuss this.  The SG are furious.  It will take a wee bit of persuasion for Aberdeen not to go into full lockdown for a fortnight.  But I can see this will be the final warning, more draconian measures will happen if this happens again or another Aberdeen employee tests possitive.

But how are the part time clubs going to deal with this,  twice weekly testing will be even more required as they by default cannot live in a bubble.......Tick bleeding tock

Tommy Brown
4 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Is it just me, but that picture of the players is actualy in the Soul Bar....oh the irony

Confirmed but the SG and the JRG are having a meeting this afternoon to discuss this.  The SG are furious.  It will take a wee bit of persuasion for Aberdeen not to go into full lockdown for a fortnight.  But I can see this will be the final warning, more draconian measures will happen if this happens again or another Aberdeen employee tests possitive.

But how are the part time clubs going to deal with this,  twice weekly testing will be even more required as they by default cannot live in a bubble.......Tick bleeding tock

I really hope the wee Nicola goes to town with SFA & SPFL on this.

Order a closure of Aberdeen FC for 14 days.

Please no "this is your last chance, guys". Take action Nicola.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

I think that the SPFL may have  been warned by Skiy that they will have to refund money if games cannot be shown/played.

If the contract covers 48 games for £25m per season, then that would work out at £521k a game.

Aberdeen should be made to pay that if they fail to get their game played.  Same for any other clubs that risk other clubs interests.  The financial burden shouldn't be spread over all clubs to repay it.

I said it the other week, Hearts will end up playing games every two days due to a fixture back log caused by a rotten winter / opposition teams in quarantine.

For those smaller clubs with only 16 - 20 first team players and little or no reserve players to call on, when do they plead to the SPFL for games to not go ahead. As long as the team has 11 players on the park to start the game or is it like a game of 5's when only 9 turn up but you still play..

I fully expect issues with a league 1 or 2 team unable to play Betfred games. Smaller facilities, harder to distance at training etc.

The SG should be telling every premiership club that twice weekly testing is now mandatory & if a test is positive 48hrs before the next game then that game is suspended & the club is in lockdown for 14 days.  Wasn't it £50K per set if tests. See how long St Johnstone, Hamilton etc can afford £100K a week.

So, I have to work from home, and have done since March, because my work has decided (correctly) that it is not safe for us to return to the building.  I wear a mask in indoor spaces, haven't seen my family and friends properly for nearly 6 months, and take great care to physically distance myself from people when I'm out and about.  The whole country has been impacted, people have lost their jobs, and people have died because of this virus.

And these ****ing clowns think it's appropriate to go out on the town and get pished, blatantly ignoring common sense and accepted conduct?  They've now spread the virus to new people, and potentially their own families before they've realised they were positive.  How many others have they had contact with before their positive results came up?

**** Aberdeen Football Club.  **** each and every one of their players who thought this was acceptable.  I hope they get absolutely ****ing hammered, and I hope the Club is sanctioned because of it.  Absolutely disgusting.

I hope whatever Under 18 team they have to field get obliterated tomorrow and their goal difference takes a real hammering over the next 3 games.  Will make for an interesting end of season when things are settled on Points per Game.

Edited by tian447

1 hour ago, theshed said:

Can you imagine Celtic were playing rangers and 8 of their first team had to isolate 

You think game would go ahead? 😂😂😂

Instant involvement from the green side of the board and I do think sKy would also protest :) 

40 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I didn't say the government should stop football completely. 

If a club or its employees behave in a way which brings risk of infection then that club should be isolated for the required time. 

There should already be a clear plan of action set out by the SPFL for such an occurrence. 

Dont know why you are getting this mixed up with ordinary workplaces. 

Gordon Ramsay
5 minutes ago, tian447 said:

So, I have to work from home, and have done since March, because my work has decided (correctly) that it is not safe for us to return to the building.  I wear a mask in indoor spaces, haven't seen my family and friends properly for nearly 6 months, and take great care to physically distance myself from people when I'm out and about.  The whole country has been impacted, people have lost their jobs, and people have died because of this virus.

And these ****ing clowns think it's appropriate to go out on the town and get pished, blatantly ignoring common sense and accepted conduct?  They've now spread the virus to new people, and potentially their own families before they've realised they were positive.  How many others have they had contact with before their positive results came up?

**** Aberdeen Football Club.  **** each and every one of their players who thought this was acceptable.  I hope they get absolutely ****ing hammered, and I hope the Club is sanctioned because of it.  Absolutely disgusting.

I hope whatever Under 18 team they have to field get obliterated tomorrow and their goal difference takes a real hammering over the next 3 games.  Will make for an interesting end of season when things are settled on Points per Game.

Well said. 

Hagar the Horrible

I think its only fair that Aberdeen FC shutdown for 2 weeks, and their next 3 games are awarded as 3-0 against them.  The whole place gets deep cleaned and proof of an all clear by all staff, by at least 2 NHS tests before allowed back into training.

There has to be consequencies and a warning to idiot players, including our own....screw the nut!

2 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Game's off.

is this confirmed? if so do you have a link?

ignore, just seen the post before this confirming it

Edited by milky_26

Hagar the Horrible
2 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Game's off.

Not hearing that yet, the meeting is not until this afternoon,  prey tell, any link?

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

C'mon Doncaster get the 10 in a row out you know you want to you flubbery-lipped, speccy prick.