Covid protocols - ‘Govt money wanted’

taylor75

20 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

The ECB with its Biobubble and the punishing of players that break the rules is the correct approach to professional sport at this time.

Goodness knows how the SFA/SPFL are going to manage testing at part-time clubs come October.  By the way things are going COVID-19 cases will be in 2nd wave come October.

What is clear is that if an outbreak can occur at a "big" club like Aberdeen, then outbreaks can occur at any club. 

I am behind Tom English 100%.  Many of us have still to stay in isolation / distancing despite measures being eased by the SG.  Young people think they are immune due being physically fit.  Not so.

Totally agree,...

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Nookie Bear

ToadKiller Dog
4 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Goodness knows how the SFA/SPFL are going to manage testing at part-time clubs come October.  

A question that puzzles me also , part time players can't just isolate themselves from the world in the way sensible full time players are able .

Time will vindicate us for arguing strongly for a form of reconstruction that would have made it easier to step in if the worse happened .

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Had the Aberdeen game NOT been on sky at the weekend, I wonder if the reaction would have been different?

Fair point. A bit more kowtowing by the spfl might be required. 

The Internet

Sky could probably show a re run of the 1996 English league cup semi final and get more viewers than Aberdeen v St Johnstone tbf. 

Richard Gordon presumed response: I mean, what were they thinking? Derek will be apoplectic. Just incredible. Willie? You were captain fantastic, what would you be saying to these players?

In wur day, we had characters in the dressing room. Neale Cooper. Wee Gordon. Em.

8 hours ago, milky_26 said:

But, after late night crisis talks between Holyrood and Hampden’s Joint Response Group, it was agreed that the Dons will be permitted to take a heavily depleted squad to St Johnstone for Saturday's live TV showdown - so long as no more cases are confirmed within their squad in the next 24 hours. 

i bet they dont test any of their players over the next 24 hours

I bet they are hoping for a positive test so that they can get their game cancelled!

The Treasurer

They  are already having problems with full time players being exposed to the virus, even if it is their own stupidity, imagine what will happen when all the part time players that have real jobs and are out in public areas all the time start getting tested.

31 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Richard Gordon presumed response: I mean, what were they thinking? Derek will be apoplectic. Just incredible. Willie? You were captain fantastic, what would you be saying to these players?

In wur day, we had characters in the dressing room. Neale Cooper. Wee Gordon. Em.

👏😂

17 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

I wonder if the player was in the boozer? 👀

Karma is a bitch. 

Reported this morning that 2 players have now tested positive.

Both were in the pub(s) centred around the current Aberdeen lockdown...

You can bet your bottom dollar this won’t be the last. Looking forward to the Premiership becoming an absolute shambles.  

16 minutes ago, BRY said:

Reported this morning that 2 players have now tested positive.

Both were in the pub(s) centred around the current Aberdeen lockdown...

Just read that 8 players have to self isolate but the SFA have confirmed game goes ahead.Wtf is that all about games get cancel cause a couple if players are away on international duty but 8 get a potential lethal virus and game goes ahead 

manaliveits105
10 hours ago, Rods said:

Just have a couple lol 

A97D4556-1D6B-4A65-8D5C-79EA4979F96E.jpeg

Christ a night out in Aberdeen looks like a week on the Bass Rock 

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Just read that 8 players have to self isolate but the SFA have confirmed game goes ahead.Wtf is that all about games get cancel cause a couple if players are away on international duty but 8 get a potential lethal virus and game goes ahead 

They’ll be shitting themselves in case this happens just prior to a game that Sky have scheduled. I reckon this is why they have not postponed the game. It would set a precedent.  Sky must get what it wants no matter what after all. 

Bungalow Bill

It’s pretty shameful this. ‘Professional’ footballers have a huge responsibility at the moment to stay COVID free in order for the league to continue to operate. People’s livelihoods are at stake here. It really irks me how unprofessional so many of the players are in our top league. 

1 minute ago, Deevers said:

They’ll be shitting themselves in case this happens just prior to a game that Sky have scheduled. I reckon this is why they have not postponed the game. It would set a precedent.  Sky must get what it wants no matter what after all. 

If the clubs and players dont sort themselves out i reckon Sturgeon will put a halt to football.

The Future's Maroon
10 hours ago, Whatever said:

I get what you’re saying but I’m currently of the mind that I’d rather see clubs dying and the game completely ripped apart up here, rather than us being guaranteed promotion at the first attempt.

Chaos like this is a decent start to matters. I wish 38 clubs nothing but the absolute worst.

No offence bud but I don’t think I have agreed with many of your posts on here....but I certainly do 100% with this one.

I wish nothing but shite to fall on every one of these feckers and take great pleasure in hearing every ‘’horrible news’ article about them.

Take yer medicine 

NaturalOrder74

Aberdeen might have the depth to be able to play the fixture, but what happens if a team like Hamilton have 8 players in close contact with someone with the virus ? The rules need to be set from the start but no doubt they’ll just chop and change it as long as it doesn’t impact celtic* 

4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

If the clubs and players dont sort themselves out i reckon Sturgeon will put a halt to football.

That might happen yet. The lack of professionalism by these players is staggering. Mind you the “game must go on at all costs no matter what” attitude by the SFA/SPFL is pretty questionable. It should have been laid in the line - positive tests and your game is off. 

Edited by Deevers

Unknown user
11 hours ago, Rods said:

Just have a couple lol 

A97D4556-1D6B-4A65-8D5C-79EA4979F96E.jpeg

What shitty footballers, there should be hookers, cocaine, broken tables, wall to wall vomit and someone passed out.

And they get busted for that?? Arseholes, they deserve everything they get.

This is massive. Who runs Scotland?

A. Celtic/SPFL/SFA

B. Scottish Govt.

We'll find out in the next few hours.

MarkDevriesScores4

If it was hearts, the SPFL would pull the game and award a 3-0 victory to the opposition then gloat about vindication 

colinmaroon
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, have any other clubs in Europe been caught out like this in such a stupid manner. You could almost feel sorry for them or understand if they won but they were terrible. 

It's ok!  They're not Hearts.

Wouldn't want to impact a club financially because of Covid.  I mean, what kind of set up do you think the SPFL run?

Edited by colinmaroon

Nookie Bear
31 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Aberdeen might have the depth to be able to play the fixture, but what happens if a team like Hamilton have 8 players in close contact with someone with the virus ? The rules need to be set from the start but no doubt they’ll just chop and change it as long as it doesn’t impact celtic* 

Or if 3 goalkeepers get it.

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

A. Celtic/SPFL/SFA

B. Scottish Govt.

Usually i would never want Option B but these days i would rather the Government starting putting pressure on Doncaster & Co to get their act together.

30 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

A. Celtic/SPFL/SFA

B. Scottish Govt.

As someone has said previously we "may be" about to see if Scotland is going to have a "Dominic Cummings" episode.

1.     Allow Aberdeen to continue to play football for the next 3 games against teams, that are not currently infected with Covid, because they are using their "common sense". This action "could" mean other teams  become infected with Covid 19.

2.     Refuse to allow Aberdeen to play football games until they are completely clear of Covid 19 to protect them and all clubs they would have played. In addition this will protect Scotland from the spread of the disease via our national game.  

IMHO the only safe approach to protect Scotland and our citizens is 2 and put Aberdeen FC into isolation until it is proven that they are clear of Covid 19. Then and only then can they return to playing games against other clubs.

Edited by 7628mm

Footballfirst

I think that the SPFL may have  been warned by Skiy that they will have to refund money if games cannot be shown/played.

If the contract covers 48 games for £25m per season, then that would work out at £521k a game.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think that the SPFL may have  been warned by Skiy that they will have to refund money if games cannot be shown/played.

If the contract covers 48 games for £25m per season, then that would work out at £521k a game.

Quite rightly too. Of course the SPFL will have learned all the lessons that Covid-19 has dished out and there will be an article now that covers who is at fault and what the consequences are  for cancelled games in any given circumstance.

Well isn’t this a fine fine mess????  Absolutely incredible that they are letting it go ahead.  I thought it was a bit of a stretch with Aberdeen being in lockdown but now this????  What example does this set to the rest of the country who have been making sacrifices for months???  Yet a game is football is allowed to go ahead despite this????  

Whoever was representing their tin pot crappy organisation the SFA must have been on their knees begging during the meeting.  Surprise surprise it’s a sky football televised game tomorrow.  

Karma is coming in a big way it’s a matter of time I’m telling you.  

Also if that was Hearts players I would be absolutely raging.  I appreciate footballers have lives to but under the whole extremely delicate situation just now if they were away sitting in a pub...... “professionals”.  They are in a very privelaged position.  There are front line key workers who have put themselves and their families at risk during this whole crisis myself included and all these guys have to do is train safely and follow the rules and be paid handsomely in return.  After a 4 month lay off getting paid very well while others are struggling big time and losing their jobs.  Incredibly selfish and I’m glad they’ve been found out.  

Also wee Amy McDonald is clearly no the brightest or just plain pig headed ignorant.  I suspect both.  Stick to your music and leave the thinking to the adults.  

I’m out lol 

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Quite rightly too. Of course the SPFL will have learned all the lessons that Covid-19 has dished out and there will be an article now that covers who is at fault and what the consequences are  for cancelled games in any given circumstance.

Not sure the beaks are all that bright Jimmy. We seem to be lacking leadership over here, and while the players in question mightn't have been boozing, it speaks volumes that our first real challenge is after only the first round of games. Plenty more to come I think.

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

They can forget fans being allowed back at matches. 

21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

surely the option would be for sky to have the rights to show the re-arranged game. or at least a competent football administrator would have got that included in any contract

I’m not sure Sky or anyone else will worry too much about the one game being cancelled. It bloody well should be cancelled on the grounds of public health and safety amongst a host of other reasons. Offer Sky one of the other games instead. Not that hard when it’s BCD.

The big worry here is that the SG have suddenly realised that no-one across the whole amateur shit show that is Scottish Football can be trusted. Not the players, the clubs, the executives and especially not the administrators. It’s conceivable that the SG could shut down the whole thing after this for a period. Shame that would be.

9 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Not sure the beaks are all that bright Jimmy. We seem to be lacking leadership over here, and while the players in question mightn't have been boozing, it speaks volumes that our first real challenge is after only the first round of games. Plenty more to come I think.

I was being sarcastic mate 😂 

Rogue Daddy
13 minutes ago, Brown1982 said:

Well isn’t this a fine fine mess????  Absolutely incredible that they are letting it go ahead.  I thought it was a bit of a stretch with Aberdeen being in lockdown but now this????  What example does this set to the rest of the country who have been making sacrifices for months???  Yet a game is football is allowed to go ahead despite this????  

Whoever was representing their tin pot crappy organisation the SFA must have been on their knees begging during the meeting.  Surprise surprise it’s a sky football televised game tomorrow.  

Karma is coming in a big way it’s a matter of time I’m telling you.  

Also if that was Hearts players I would be absolutely raging.  I appreciate footballers have lives to but under the whole extremely delicate situation just now if they were away sitting in a pub...... “professionals”.  They are in a very privelaged position.  There are front line key workers who have put themselves and their families at risk during this whole crisis myself included and all these guys have to do is train safely and follow the rules and be paid handsomely in return.  After a 4 month lay off getting paid very well while others are struggling big time and losing their jobs.  Incredibly selfish and I’m glad they’ve been found out.  

Also wee Amy McDonald is clearly no the brightest or just plain pig headed ignorant.  I suspect both.  Stick to your music and leave the thinking to the adults.  

I’m out lol 

Absolutely 👏👏👏... they’re a ****ing  disgrace. 

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If that happens, fans will start to demand refunds on season tickets. Loyalty will only go so far if the players are blatantly ignoring the guidelines.

NaturalOrder74
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How on earth can they be planning to play tomorrow 🤷🏼‍♀️

that’s them set the standard then, seems regardless of how many players are out the games are to go ahead, would love to see if this was the OF if they’d make them play 

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's a shame football clubs can't take action against each other because this has put the chance of games being played in front of fans back at least be a few weeks.

If it's say a month and starting mid November instead of mid October and even at only 500 fans per, Aberdeen should be liable to pat that income across the board to the other SPFL clubs.

Nookie Bear

we need these games to go ahead, regardless of the quality of teams they put out on the pitch. Thevery last thing we want is for the SPFL to be so disrupted that conversations start to take place about whether it is fair to relegate anyone at the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

that’s them set the standard then, seems regardless of how many players are out the games are to go ahead, would love to see if this was the OF if they’d make them play 

Nicola Sturgeon needs to step in here. 

4 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Can you imagine Celtic were playing rangers and 8 of their first team had to isolate 

You think game would go ahead? 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Surely if you can’t play in circumstances you’ve brought upon yourself (the players have) that’s a case for forfeiture of the game, not just a postponement and everything gets swept under the carpet. I think the SG have the right to instruct and will instruct that this game doesn’t go ahead. Is there an organisation in the country who has dealt with this pandemic worse than Scottish Football has ?