Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

16 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Stone is injured until January or he would be involved in the 1st team squad. 

Zlamal will stay as we need to work with 3 keepers in case Gordon gets injured or sent off. 

Damour we can only hope someone takes him

Left & Right back will be fine as we have good youngsters in Cammy Logan & Leo Watson who can help out if others are injured. 

And 4 CB's is good as others like Smith or Haring can cover. 

Think one more striker is needed & another wide man and that's probably all we'll see unless more go out

Didn't realise Stone was injured.

Definitely need a striker! 

I worry because so much of our squad is injury prone

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Mid Calder Jambo
1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

I firmly believe that Mr Forgotten AKA Aidy White will be the complete surprise package this season. In a very positive way!

Feel free to bookmark this post.

He is a player.

From the moment I saw him I thought there was a player in there. Hope he does put a performance in this season.

The Old Tolbooth

Seriously impressed with the amount of player activity we've had since Robbie was appointed, to ship out so much shite feels like a weight off the fans shoulders for sure, but also must feel like a weight off Budge's shoulders also because of the wages it frees up, it's hard to believe we still have 22 players left after shipping out so many, but I feel we have kept hold of the better ones (Hickey and Washington apart, I don't think we ever saw a fully fit Washington, and I reckon there's a good player in there). 

I've been told at least two more are coming in this week, but no idea who or when, or even how reliable the source is 🤔

Gordon Ramsay

Not sure how Uche will do at Wycombe, at times I thought he actually had genuine technical ability but then others he was just woeful.

There may be a player in there. Hope he does well, he certainly gave his all every time he pulled on the maroon jersey. 

We really need at least one striker in now though, looking short up there especially with Naismiths fitness. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

7 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Left and right back look mighty bare. Stone needs loaned out and Zlamal needs sold. Along with Damour but we all know that.

Agree. Would like to see Stone and Wighton loaned to Partick possibly, McDonald maybe loaned out, and I'm on the fence about Cochrane. Damour is looking good in training but he clearly doesn't want to be here and he's on a big wage so I'd still be trying to move him on, but we will need to replace him. I'm more than happy with Garuccio and White filling in for Hickey. We need to get Garuccio back to how he was when we signed him - getting down the wing and getting crosses in... We also need wide men, and strikers to replace those who have left. Would like to see a couple incoming before we see any more leaving tbh as I am getting a but nervous about our depth.

I'm a wee bit nervous about our CB situation as well, and think we need another. I think letting Petkov go was a mistake and that he would have given us decent cover for a relatively low cost. 

mm.

If the Aberdeen meltdown is true then I'd be sitting like a vulture waiting to swoop in for anyone useful. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

If the Aberdeen meltdown is true then I'd be sitting like a vulture waiting to swoop in for anyone useful. 

Let's hope more clubs have covid breaches so we can scoop up the bargains, this is actually a pretty good opportunity for us

5 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Not sure how Uche will do at Wycombe, at times I thought he actually had genuine technical ability but then others he was just woeful.

There may be a player in there. Hope he does well, he certainly gave his all every time he pulled on the maroon jersey. 

We really need at least one striker in now though, looking short up there especially with Naismiths fitness. 

They've signed him as a battering ram to replace Akinfenwa, who is now 38. 

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Agree. Would like to see Stone and Wighton loaned to Partick possibly, McDonald maybe loaned out, and I'm on the fence about Cochrane. Damour is looking good in training but he clearly doesn't want to be here and he's on a big wage so I'd still be trying to move him on, but we will need to replace him. I'm more than happy with Garuccio and White filling in for Hickey. We need to get Garuccio back to how he was when we signed him - getting down the wing and getting crosses in... We also need wide men, and strikers to replace those who have left. Would like to see a couple incoming before we see any more leaving tbh as I am getting a but nervous about our depth.

I'm a wee bit nervous about our CB situation as well, and think we need another. I think letting Petkov go was a mistake and that he would have given us decent cover for a relatively low cost. 

mm.

Loans again for Cochrane and McDonald. NUT !!! I want to see both getting a good run in the team. If they’re not good enough by now, having both had more than one loan, and both having had first team chances, then get them off the books completely. Our much vaunted world class academy and facilities is producing next to nothing and we need to sort that or do something radical, like bin it completely.

Edited by JimmyCant

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Loans again for Cochrane and McDonald. NUT !!! I want to see both getting a good run in the team. If they’re not good enough by now, having both had more than one loan, and both having had first team chances, then get them off the books completely. Our much vaunted world class academy and facilities is producing next to nothing and we need to sort that or do something radical, like bin it completely.

Aye lets just bin the academy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Also you want to see Cochrane and Mcdonald getting a run in the team and then in your next breath you want rid of them. 

Holy **** this place gets worse each day. 

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Also you want to see Cochrane and Mcdonald getting a run in the team and then in your next breath you want rid of them

That's clearly not what he is saying.

6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Also you want to see Cochrane and Mcdonald getting a run in the team and then in your next breath you want rid of them. 

I want us to test if they are good enough. If they’re not good enough by now they need to go. I said that quite clearly and I don’t see the problem you have with it.

If you’ve got an academy that isnt

producing much over a lengthy period, then you fix it or you chuck the towel in and do all your recruitment external. Loads of clubs have binned academies in favour of ramping up scouting and affiliating. They are cost heavy and if they’re not working your wasting money

Edited by JimmyCant

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

mm.

All fair and makes sense, but I think if Smith stays and Haring is fit we'd be OK if we lost 2 centre halves again over the short term. 

Unsure if we have another young lad able to fill in if need be as well if it was long term. 

Just now, Sooperstar said:

That's clearly not what he is saying.

Well let's just concentrate on the ludicrous academy statement and start there then shall we. 

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

We're in the Championship again, so this is the year for the Academy boys to perform in the first team, not out on loan at other lower league teams.

Why someone would suggest getting rid of the Academy I don't comprehend at all...That is not "radical", it is suicidal.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I want us to test if they are good enough. If they’re not good enough by now they need to go. I said that quite clearly and I don’t see the problem you have with it.

producing much over a lengthy period, then you fix it or you chuck the towel in and do all your recruitment external. Loads of clubs have binned academies in favour of ramping up scouting. They are cost heavy and if they’re not working your wasting money

A fair point longer term, however it was built from ground zero so I wouldn't chuck it just yet. 

We do need to see players making an impact on our first team tho and weigh that up. 

The best talent seems to end up in Glasgow no matter what so it is worth reviewing. 

Irvine, Moore were breaking into the team, interesting to see how they go. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

producing much over a lengthy period, then you fix it or you chuck the towel in and do all your recruitment external. Loads of clubs have binned academies in favour of ramping up scouting. They are cost heavy and if they’re not working your wasting money

They are cost heavy but it just takes one good one to come through and sell on to make it worthwhile. Thats just about to happen with Hickey. There's always going to be far more who don't make an impact in the first team than who do make money for us though. Hearts aren't alone in that.

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

A fair point longer term, however it was built from ground zero so I wouldn't chuck it just yet. 

We do need to see players making an impact on our first team tho. 

Irvine, Moore were breaking into the team, interesting to see how they go. 

It's not a fair point at any time scale. 

As someone has just said binning the academy would be suicidal. 

Anyway it will never happen so I'm not wasting anymore of my time on the nonsense. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Flaps_98 said:

They are cost heavy but it just takes one good one to come through and sell on to make it worthwhile. Thats just about to happen with Hickey. There's always going to be far more who don't make an impact in the first team than who do make money for us though. Hearts aren't alone in that.

What's more, if we didn't have the academy, I very much doubt we'd have been having this discussion now, as we wouldn't have signed Hickey, as Hearts wouldn't have been a club he, or his dad, would have seen as a better option than staying at Celtic..

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Notts1874 said:

It's not a fair point at any time scale. 

As someone has just said binning the academy would be suicidal. 

Anyway it will never happen so I'm not wasting anymore of my time on the nonsense. 

Scaling it down would be a better term. 

If in 5 years it has produced very little benefit then that would be 10 years of it up and running. 

I think we will see tangible results in that players will make the first team, but if after a generation it has produced no players of note then it would be worth scaling back. 

The best talent tends to head west, no matter what our facilities and when we do get a youngster, like Hickey they get their head turned and the transfer fee is relatively low as they don't sign extensions and want to leave (Patterson as well). 

It would be a cost / benefit analysis and maybe free up funds for the  first team if it was wise to do so. 

More pressing concerns atm tho. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

What's more, if we didn't have the academy, I very much doubt we'd have been having this discussion now, as we wouldn't have signed Hickey, as Hearts wouldn't have been a club he, or his dad, would have seen as a better option than staying at Celtic..

Hickey came to Hearts for a better chance of first team football imo. 

Celtic have good facilities as well. 

6 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

You can’t really count Hickey as a Hearts academy product. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I wonder who will be the next player to leave (apart from Hickey.)

Smith with his right boot tagging along is my guess. 😢

Why? He was at Hearts before Celtic for a wee while then came back to Hearts. Been back at Hearts for 2 1/2 years now.

Berra than you
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He was with us, then went to Celtic for a year before coming back. He's as much our academy product as theirs, if not more so.

4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He spent longer in the Hearts Academy than Celtic's. He's very much a Hearts Academy product. 

Why do people not know such simple stuff. 

Just now, Berra than you said:

He was with us, then went to Celtic for a year before coming back. He's as much our academy product as theirs, if not more so.

I am also a firm believer that hypothetically, if a young player leaves a club at 16 for not making the grade, joins another and then by 18 that player is a success or gets sold, then that second club obviously developed or found something the other club couldn't. 

Just now, Notts1874 said:

He spent longer in the Hearts Academy than Celtic's. He's very much a Hearts Academy product. 

Doesn't fit his agenda for scrapping the academy though.

2 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

Why? He was at Hearts before Celtic for a wee while then came back to Hearts. Been back at Hearts for 2 1/2 years now.

You don’t wonder why he left Hearts academy the first time ? He came back to get first team football. He was never going to get that at Celtic

Just now, JimmyCant said:

You don’t wonder why he left Hearts academy the first time ? He came back to get first team football. He was never going to get that at Celtic

So? Whats that got to do with Hearts academy??

Berra than you
2 minutes ago, maroonshrew said:

I am also a firm believer that hypothetically, if a young player leaves a club at 16 for not making the grade, joins another and then by 18 that player is a success or gets sold, then that second club obviously developed or found something the other club couldn't. 

100% agree

MarkDevriesScores4

Sorry guys, been away from JKB for a bit and been avoiding the rag papers. I’m assuming the hickey deal to Man City and getting loaned back is dead in the water?

35 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Never said I wanted Cochrane out on loan I said I was on the fence about him. I'm not really sure where he fits into the team and having watched him not really play that well for our Reserves, I'm wondering if he's maybe had his chance. Can't see which of our centre midfielders are going to sit out to give him a game either - Haring is obviously first pick once he's fit, I think Irving and Lee will be important players this upcoming season, Naismith is dropping into a deeper role, Walker can play through the middle, even Damour has been training very well and is looking sharp, AND Robbie has made no secret of the fact that he's in the market for another.  Where exactly does Cochrane fit in? And we can't just go ripping up contracts, so at the end of the day maybe a loan move is the only thing for it,... 

As for McDonald, again Robbie has said he's in the market for wide men, so where does he come in? Moore is clearly ahead of him in the pecking order but not first choice either, so that leaves McDonald maybe 4th choice as a winger? Would it not be better to loan him out and get him some game time to see what he's really like, rather than see him get half an hour here and there from our bench? 

Our Academy has done no bad over the years and I'm sure it'll continue to do so. We've just had Hickey and Irving burst onto the scene the last season or two, Moore and Hendo did well when given a chance and have rightly earned new deals, and then we've got Hamilton taking the step up this season and a very promising young keeper in Harry Stone who will no doubt follow them all into the first team in time. What exactly are you expecting??

Edited by Batistuta87

7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Because they are so intent on criticising the club that they don't bother too much with facts.

24 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Well let's just concentrate on the ludicrous academy statement and start there then shall we. 

I'm not here to defend him on that point!

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Never said I wanted Cochrane out on loan I said I was on the fence about him. I'm not really sure where he fits into the team and having watched him not really play that well for our Reserves, I'm wondering if he's maybe had his chance. Can't see which of our centre midfielders are going to sit out to give him a game either - Haring is obviously first pick once he's fit, I think Irving and Lee will be important players this upcoming season, Naismith is dropping into a deeper role, Walker can play through the middle, even Damour has been training very well and is looking sharp, AND Robbie has made no secret of the fact that he's in the market for another.  Where exactly does Cochrane fit in? And we can't just go ripping up contracts, so at the end of the day maybe a loan move is the only thing for it,... 

As for McDonald, again Robbie has said he's in the market for wide men, so where does he come in? Moore is clearly ahead of him in the pecking order but not first choice either, so that leaves McDonald maybe 4th choice as a winger? Would it not be better to loan him out and get him some game time to see what he's really like, rather than see him get half an hour here and there from our bench? 

Our Academy has done no bad over the years and I'm sure it'll continue to do so. We've just had Hickey and Irving burst onto the scene the last season or two, Moore and Hendo did well when given a chance and have rightly earned new deals, and then we've got Hamilton taking the step up this season and a very promising young keeper in Harry Stone. What exactly are you expecting??

Hickey isn't a product of the academy according to Jimmy. 

17 minutes ago, Flaps_98 said:

Doesn't fit his agenda for scrapping the academy though.

One regular first team player produced in 5 years, and even he is very debatable. I rest my case. Fix it or disband it.

One regular first team player produced in 5 years, and even he is very debatable. I rest my case. Fix it or disband it.

How is it debatable? Your case is a crock of shite. 

19 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He's still digging though. 

I’ve got an opinion. You need to find a way of dealing with that without being an erse.

Berra than you

5 years is no time to judge an academy. Players that have come right through our academy will be judged in the next 2-3 years. By your logic most players that have made an appearance in the last few years aren't our products as they have spent time in other academies. These things don't happen overnight, don't understand how some people can't see that.

Just now, Spellczech said:

We're in the Championship again, so this is the year for the Academy boys to perform in the first team, not out on loan at other lower league teams.

Why someone would suggest getting rid of the Academy I don't comprehend at all...That is not "radical", it is suicidal.

This is the chance to see if any of them cut it or not. We will need a few of the younger players throughout the season so we should  hang on for a bit yet.

I don't want rid of the academy but to be honest, it's becoming a bit of a drag and costly. We are producing next to nothing for the time it's been in place so questions need to be asked. Either we are not scouting the best young boys or we are and their development is being held back by poor coaching. Said at the time that a few that came through the last time (Mackay, McGhee, McHattie, Smith and others) will probably make a career for themselves but not at the top level and i'll say the same for current ones (Henderson, Morrison etc) so something is not right, or just not happening at the academy. It's a big season for these guys.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Every now and again Uche showed some real silk, it was weird how bad he could be compared to that sometimes. 

I’ve got an opinion. You need to find a way of dealing with that without being an erse.

Let's face it. You didn't know Hickey started at Hearts and are now trying to twist your narrative to fit your ridiculous point. 

You do have an opinion. It's a shite opinion and you will just need to find a way of people telling you that. 

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

How is it debatable? Your case is a crock of shite. 

He left Hearts academy. I have no idea why. Perhaps you do.Got improved at another academy. Came Back to get first team football he wasn’t going to get at Celtic. hardly a glowing reference for Hearts academy is it.

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm pretty sure Hickey was at celtic a lot longer than a year, I have in mind it was 4 years but I could be wrong.

"Aaron began his footballing career at Hearts before a brief spell with Celtic."

From his page on the hearts website.