Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Hectormasson
16 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Washington and Clare showed they can at least play a bit. Only thing Damour has shown up here is he likes to give the ball away for the opponent to score. No one will be mad enough or stupid enough to sign pish like that.

I'm still not over that mistake against hibs, for was it the second goal ?2 shite touches and they get the ball and score ?   Absolutely f.....g criminal that was! B......d........

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Just now, davemclaren said:

Ah, I see. I doubt he would swap ine year’s pay for 3 unless he has something decent lined up. 

I was REALLY hoping he had a relegation clause but Levein ****ed that up specularly as well. 

He already said he doesn't really want to be here and is only here because of the money.

8 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

I'm still not over that mistake against hibs, for was it the second goal ?2 shite touches and they get the ball and score ?   Absolutely f.....g criminal that was! B......d........

Yeah think it was the second.

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Do we think Frear has opshuns, can't believe he hasn't taken our offer............

We've made him an offer ?

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Utd are honking, if he can't get a game for them he shouldn't be near us. 

Lost me there mate. Are we talking about the same Gullan?

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Have you seen the size of him recently 😂😂

Do a job in the championship, never relied on pace anyway 😂

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Jumper said:

Lost me there mate. Are we talking about the same Gullan?

Dunno, but if he can't get a game for Hibs or utd he's likely no use to us, we have plenty shite players already 😉

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Do a job in the championship, never relied on pace anyway 😂

Fairly sure he's back in Houston working in the oil industry. I might have dreamt that though. 

Unknown user
6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Pretty sure he signed for Celtic on 1 July 2017 just after his 15th birthday. Start of his pro-youth contract. 

He seems to disagree!

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I was REALLY hoping he had a relegation clause but Levein ****ed that up specularly as well. 

He already said he doesn't really want to be here and is only here because of the money.

I think we need to give Damour a chance if he stays. Lots of players made bad mistakes last season. By the end even the likes of Naismith and Boyce looked like 2nd division strikers.

The good thing is Neilson has a really good track record of getting a tune out of central midfielders - Gomis, Pallardo, Bauben, Djoum... he got Walker scoring from a more central position too. Even Cowie and Kitchen are not our worst midfielders in recent years. At D Utd he signed Harkes, Pawlett and Butcher, who were all good for him. All 3 started D Utd's last game.

I think Robbie knows what's required in a midfielder, so if Damour stays it's because he can play a part.

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Direct quote from Aaron:

"I was with Hearts when I was younger but went to Celtic for four years before returning to Tynecastle."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aaron-hickey-reveals-lessons-karamoko-16202268

I've got a picture somewhere of him winning a tournament with Celtic U13s. 

Dougie Masterton
4 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Gullan is now 21 so more than likely not going to make it as a regular at Hibs similar to Oli Shaw who we also released.

Cummings has not (yet) been successful at any level other Scottish Championship.

Doig too early to say but seems to be playing well this season.

Oli Shaw wasn’t released, he asked for his papers as he didn’t get on with his coach. He then signed for H1b5. His brother Mathew was then released at the end of that season. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Fairly sure he's back in Houston working in the oil industry. I might have dreamt that though. 

Aye, no club since 2018

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aaron Hickey was at Celtic from ages 12 to 16.

4 years. 

Crazy they let him go. Obviously didn't know what they had. Kudos for us for getting him back and progressing him so quickly. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Crazy they let him go. Obviously didn't know what they had. Kudos for us for getting him back and progressing him so quickly. 

Think they wanted him to stay. Aaron / his Dad chose Hearts. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, Naisysback said:

Both those boys hung out to dry by Levein and his bunch of 2nd rate coaches. They were the best 2 young players in the country by a country mile, we should have built around them, playing them regularly, resting them, and continually developing them and we would have had another 2 top assets on our books. These 2 were playing 1st team football before Turnbull\Hastie at Motherwell and at the same time as Ferguson came through at Hamilton. The difference is the manager stuck with them, gave them games, a run of games and they are now reaping the rewards either on the pitch or financially. 

They are more than good enough, they are better than most of the dross that was brought in that blocked their path, now theire is a chance to rectify that...

That's simply not true, certainly in the case of Cochrane. Cochrane was given a lot of games after his debut. He then had terrible injury issues throughout 18/19 and seems to have struggled to get back to where he was. MacDonald was also given a good run of games after breaking through. The following season he was in the squad but we were playing really well at the start of that season so he was mostly on the bench.

Mind you, when we got all the injuries he was one player I wished we'd given more of a chance to. No idea why he didn't get more chances when most of our creative players were injured. I do agree Levein should have turned to the youngsters after the injuries instead of signing even more players. A case of us having too much money. With a tighter budget, we would have had no choice but to stick with the kids and they couldn't have done any worse.

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I think we need to give Damour a chance if he stays. Lots of players made bad mistakes last season. By the end even the likes of Naismith and Boyce looked like 2nd division strikers.

The good thing is Neilson has a really good track record of getting a tune out of central midfielders - Gomis, Pallardo, Bauben, Djoum... he got Walker scoring from a more central position too. Even Cowie and Kitchen are not our worst midfielders in recent years. At D Utd he signed Harkes, Pawlett and Butcher, who were all good for him. All 3 started D Utd's last game.

I think Robbie knows what's required in a midfielder, so if Damour stays it's because he can play a part.

the fact that Naismith and Boyce were playing centre mid didn’t help 😂

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Think they wanted him to stay. Aaron / his Dad chose Hearts. 

If he doesn't go back to them he'll be another in a long line of players Celtic missed out on by not being willing to pay a fair fee to another Scottish club for a good player who would probably walk over broken glass to play for them. Robertson and James McCarthy are two of the most notable ones but there are loads more.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

sorry it wasn’t just bad luck Demi it was application. Clear as day when he came up here he had the ability to dominate the league but the second time it was clear as day he thought we were beneath him.. 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

sorry it wasn’t just bad luck Demi it was application. Clear as day when he came up here he had the ability to dominate the league but the second time it was clear as day he thought we were beneath him.. 

:spoton:

There is a bit of a running theme of epl youth players coming up here and thinking the league will be a doss

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Really liked him but it was quite obvious that playing for Man Utd had completely gone to his head. 

3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Really liked him but it was quite obvious that playing for Man Utd had completely gone to his head. 

His first spell was better than his second but I would have been better than him in his second spell. 

2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'm not believing for a second that we have let guys like Washington and Clare leave but are not actively trying to punt Damour and Wighton.

It's just taking time as nobody wants them.

Said before, we are 100% trying to shift Damour, the issue is, is that no ^^^^ will take him :lol:

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wighton is perfect for the statement,  ok for the Championship. Problem is if we get promoted 

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That'll be that then... Frear will sign for Motherwell you'd think. 

There been a development?

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He rejected us? Can't see anything online...

18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Wighton is perfect for the statement,  ok for the Championship. Problem is if we get promoted 

If we don't get promoted every single player should be sold, management sacked and start again from scratch. No excuse for not promoting.

47 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's simply not true, certainly in the case of Cochrane. Cochrane was given a lot of games after his debut. He then had terrible injury issues throughout 18/19 and seems to have struggled to get back to where he was. MacDonald was also given a good run of games after breaking through. The following season he was in the squad but we were playing really well at the start of that season so he was mostly on the bench.

Mind you, when we got all the injuries he was one player I wished we'd given more of a chance to. No idea why he didn't get more chances when most of our creative players were injured. I do agree Levein should have turned to the youngsters after the injuries instead of signing even more players. A case of us having too much money. With a tighter budget, we would have had no choice but to stick with the kids and they couldn't have done any worse.

Disagree. In their breakthrough season both boys played 20+ games and CL said he expected big things from them the next season...he then signed 18players and after months of no games Mcdonald went to ICT. Cochrane had injuries but even when fit he was given no game time.  Both boys were then put out on loan after CL signed another 15 players at start of next season.

Were any of the ones he signed to keep the boys out of the team better than them...well the fact RN is getting rid of them answers that question.

2 years of wasted development at Hearts...continually picking the same poor players and expecting different results....we have wasted those boys...they were the best young players and should be sitting on 3 years of games\development instead we stand a real chance of those boys leaving at end of season.

54 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

His first spell was better than his second but I would have been better than him in his second spell. 

Yeah, I thought we had a real gem first time - MOTM 3 or 4 games in a row if I remember rightly?? I was absolutely gutted when he went back to Man Utd injured and was delighted when I saw we'd got him back for a full season. Think he shat it slightly the 2nd time, because he'd got hurt the first time.

57 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

think you may have misread, we have offered a deal to EX motherwell winger Eliott Frear

Jamboscanbevicius
3 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'm not believing for a second that we have let guys like Washington and Clare leave but are not actively trying to punt Damour and Wighton.

It's just taking time as nobody wants them.

Totally agree. Wighton in particular is never going to cut it at Hearts. Thing is he may disagree and want to fight for his place. I think it’s a matter of time though.

Damour is slightly different. He’s career is heading in a downwards trajectory. He’s not a kid, and will be on a good wage. With salary cap down south we may be stuck with him. And if so he has the potential to be very good if RN can manage him! 

Hectormasson
56 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

don't even think wighton could hack it in a hearts jersey in div 1,   like others I've watched him and not been remotely impressed .....sadly.....

8 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

don't even think wighton could hack it in a hearts jersey in div 1,   like others I've watched him and not been remotely impressed .....sadly.....

I honestly see absolutely nothing in Wighton. To the point that I was amazed that he went to Arbroath and scored a few goals. Would be seriously disappointed if he's still here when the window closes. 

I know it won't happen but I would be OK if Griffiths came to Hearts.  It looks like he's on the threshold of wasting another season with Celtic.  Surely he should be looking for a transfer.

1 hour ago, Gav M said:

think you may have misread, we have offered a deal to EX motherwell winger Eliott Frear

Probably mate, I've been in the pub since 5 :laugh:

I knew we offered him a one year deal ages ago though and he went home to think about it. 

5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Probably mate, I've been in the pub since 5 :laugh:

I knew we offered him a one year deal ages ago though and he went home to think about it. 

Presumably if he asks for more money we'll send him homeward to think again.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I honestly see absolutely nothing in Wighton. To the point that I was amazed that he went to Arbroath and scored a few goals. Would be seriously disappointed if he's still here when the window closes. 

loan him to partick for free.. would do a job in that division I think.. 

32 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I know it won't happen but I would be OK if Griffiths came to Hearts.  It looks like he's on the threshold of wasting another season with Celtic.  Surely he should be looking for a transfer.

Won't happen but just imagine the scenes if he scores the winner in the semi against Hibs and in the final against Celtic. Pretty sure they made up a rule that players can't be Cup tied.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Loan him to Raith. He could ruin their season. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Loan him to Raith. He could ruin their season. 

aye. I don’t think we will be doing any business with them for quite some time.

8 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Won't happen but just imagine the scenes if he scores the winner in the semi against Hibs and in the final against Celtic. Pretty sure they made up a rule that players can't be Cup tied.

I would change my name by deed poll to Thumb.

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yeah think I said this earlier in the thread. Loan them Wighton and Stone. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Stone is out until the new year hence why we signed Stewart .. he will get games if we can afford it when he is back .

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Why? Have we fell out with PT then???

17 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I would change my name by deed poll to Thumb.

Kiwithumb has a nice ring to it :lol: