Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Leveins Battalion

Hopefully we start to see some decent signings in the next month,new Manager,Coaches,New Chief Executive,JJ advising,All this seems like a positive move by the club/Ann but until we get it right on the pitch and recruitment improves there will be doubts.

The 1st team 100% has to take priority,we are stuck down in Championship and we cannot afford to hang about down there.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

Leveins Battalion
12 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Realistically i think we need to move on Zlamal,possibly 4 th choice now when Stone comes back.

If we are attempting to sign Kingsley i would be content to see White and Garrucio leave,use a young LB as back up.

Damour 100% has to go.

Wighton is not good enough or the right mentality to play for Hearts.

That would be 5 i would shift.

Wighton has to be shipped out, he's never going to be good enough for Hearts. Bobby is another although he isn't the worst No.2 we could have, he did come onto some form before the season was stopped.

I think if Frear was going to sign it would have happened by now. 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

So does anyone have a list of who's left then? I'm losing track here :lol: 

Stolen from hearts stats

E389104D-CBCE-4F2D-BD57-546C55C9B64A.jpeg

Vlad the impaler
29 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Realistically i think we need to move on Zlamal,possibly 4 th choice now when Stone comes back.

If we are attempting to sign Kingsley i would be content to see White and Garrucio leave,use a young LB as back up.

Damour 100% has to go.

That would be 5 i would shift.

I like Garruchio and would keep him,the rest I agree with but got a feeling Damour might end up staying

Hickey is going. Wighton and Damour should go. Zlamal could go.

If we sign Frear and / or another winger, should we expect at least one of Moore, Henderson and McDonald to move on?

One of White and Garuccio might move on.

Cochrane, Hamilton and McDonald could be contenders to go out on loan.

Smith might attract a decent fee, in which case I think he would sadly go.

Lee and Berra will probably stay, but could find themselves surplus to requirements, depending on other movements.

Basically, there are loads of options to cut the squad. I'd like us cut 5 or 6 including loans and sign a box to box central midfielder, a striker and a winger, all of whom are good enough for the premiership.

The Old Tolbooth
19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Stolen from hearts stats

Cheers mate, there's deffo a need to add some quality in the wide areas and also the middle as well, even up front as a few injuries and suspensions in that lot like we're used to, and that's threadbare. 

With Robbie still cutting Hickey won’t be the last to leave, what a cull and what a bloated underperforming squad we had.

Players Out (21)

01. Burns

02. Clare

03. Morrison

04. Bozanic

05. McLean

06. Dikamona

07. Baur

08. Mason

09. Petkov

10. Currie

11. Pereira

12. Meshino

13. Sibbick

14. Donis

15. Langer

16. Washington

17. Doyle (Loan to Killie till January)

18. Ikpeazu

19. Jay Nwanze

20. Brodie Strang

21. Dean Ritchie

there may be others - You could also add in 8 members of off field staff... 

Off field staff Out (8)

01. Craig Levein

02. Austin MacPhee

03. Daniel Stendel

04. Dale Tonge

05. Jorg Sievers

06. Liam Fox

07. Kevin Murphy

08. Jack Wilson

Imminent departure (1 we know off)

01. Hickey 

Players In (5 including 3 back from loan)

01. Craig Gordon

02. Jordan Roberts 

03. Anthony Mcdonald (Back from Loan)

04. Harry Cochrane (Back from Loan)

05. Ross Stewart (Gk loan from Livy)

Off field staff In (3)

01. Robbie

02. Lee

03. Forrest

Edited by adam1998
Update

Jamboscanbevicius
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Stolen from hearts stats

Still some dross in there that Robbie could happily cut. Wouldn’t shed a tear over Zlamal, Garuccio, White, Lee, Damour, Walker, Moore, or Wighton.

We won’t purge all of them but still gives plenty of room to manoeuvre!

If we shifted them and added a new GK, LB, CM, winger, and striker we’d be in good shape IMO. Would be a tight squad but it’s a short season and I’d rather we had quality and use youth to backfill. 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Cheers mate, there's deffo a need to add some quality in the wide areas and also the middle as well, even up front as a few injuries and suspensions in that lot like we're used to, and that's threadbare. 

I agree it’s a bit thin, I’d like to see white, Wighton and Damour to move on which I think will free up enough to strengthen in the right areas..

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Still some dross in there that Robbie could happily cut. Wouldn’t shed a tear over Zlamal, Garuccio, White, Lee, Damour, Walker, Moore, or Wighton.

If we shifted them and added a new GK, LB, CM, winger, and striker we’d be in good shape IMO. Would be a tight squad but it’s a short season and I’d rather we had quality and use youth to backfill. 

I still think Jamie will come good. His effort and application was excellent at the end of last season.. and he showed enough before he broke his leg.. 

55 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Going out on a limb here but he scored a few for Arbroath last season.

If we dominate games he could maybe be 3rd or 4th choice striker and add a couple of goals.

Win promotion then move him on.

Surely he could do something in the championship.

BackOfTheNet

I’m actually excited for Hickey if he’s going to Bayern, and excited at potential of a sell on (we’ll see if that pans out of course) but quite frankly I’m fed up of the story now and wish we could just get him sold and move on with the money provided to plan ahead. I’m hoping today will be the day, although I’m fully aware Bayern as a club have more important matters tonight - that being said I’m sure a transfer can be completed for a player going into Bayern II if need be.

From the article today:

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson is considering signing another striker if he can further reduce the size of his squad before the transfer window closes on October 5.

The manager still wants at least one and potentially two more wingers following the capture of Roberts as a free agent. Former Motherwell player Elliott Frear has been offered a contract.

Neilson is also looking to sign a central midfielder. “I am still looking to get a couple of players in the wide areas. We have Jordan Roberts in but I'd like to get a couple more and take it from there,” he added.

So that's potentially 3-4 new faces we're after. Sounds like he's DEFINITELY after a winger and central midfielder.

jamboinglasgow
25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Stolen from hearts stats

Not seen the graphic for Hearts (saw someone had done it for Rangers and it is a good way to show the information.)

It is missing one name, Hickey though I persume that is because who made it expects him to go so just kept him off.

I do think we could see Lee, Damour (but will be very tough,) Garuccio, White and Wighton all gone. I could also see someone come in for Michael Smith. I dont think Zlamel will be off, I think Robbie wants two experienced goalkeepers and Stewart is there as third choice till Stone is fit. I do think if Garuccio and White go (as well as Hickey being sold) we will have a new left back in (hopefully Kingsley) with Watson as 2nd choice.

kingantti1874

I’d say squad’s shoukd never be bigger than 22/23 excluding the kids.. who should be used to covered when required.

infuriating the money we’ve pissed away.. instead of signing 10 crap players just sign 3 really good ones.. 

13 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Agree with the choice especially Damour whose whole attitude is wrong,  but after last season, it should be a case of who is actually worth keeping.

6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’d say squad’s shoukd never be bigger than 22/23 excluding the kids.. who should be used to covered when required.

infuriating the money we’ve pissed away.. instead of signing 10 crap players just sign 3 really good ones.. 

Completely agree. Hopefully get more dross away soon. I'd be content just giving them away for free to help the wage budget to get better free agents.

The Old Tolbooth
25 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I still think Jamie will come good. His effort and application was excellent at the end of last season.. and he showed enough before he broke his leg.. 

I tend to agree with this, I didn't want Walker back at Hearts, but he started coming onto a game, and with some players it's a bit like horses for courses, they play better at certain clubs, like Skacel as well for instance, didn't do a lot elsewhere but was outrageously good for us, if only Walker could be that good! :D 

22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Goalkeeper is the position that most typifies this wastefulness, a club of our size and relative resource should never be carrying 3 senior goalkeepers, 2 with full international experience and 1 on loan from Man United (none of whom were good enough) and a top youth prospect as we did last season. Those three alone probably account for a few hundred thousand in annual salary.

33 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m actually excited for Hickey if he’s going to Bayern, and excited at potential of a sell on (we’ll see if that pans out of course) but quite frankly I’m fed up of the story now and wish we could just get him sold and move on with the money provided to plan ahead. I’m hoping today will be the day, although I’m fully aware Bayern as a club have more important matters tonight - that being said I’m sure a transfer can be completed for a player going into Bayern II if need be.

Agree with this. We should all be in a place where we are wishing one of our best young talents all the best for the future. He should be about to embark upon the next step of what will hopefully be a fantastic football career at one of the top clubs in Europe. Instead we have Celtic’s presence sullying the whole thing with their unique stench. Hope that Hickey goes to Bayern, Lyon or Bologna and the first thing he does is empty O’Donnel as his agent, and hire somebody from the country he ends up in. Somebody with connections at other big clubs and who doesn’t have Celtic bedsheets and posters in his bedroom.

so the headline is slightly misleading, it mentions striker but gives the impression that we need to cut more players to get more in. however, it seems that, at the moment, we can bring in another winger or 2 and a CM which are the priorities. to add a further striker to that, then we'd have to see more go out. (which I fully expect)

17 minutes ago, Gav M said:

so the headline is slightly misleading, it mentions striker but gives the impression that we need to cut more players to get more in. however, it seems that, at the moment, we can bring in another winger or 2 and a CM which are the priorities. to add a further striker to that, then we'd have to see more go out. (which I fully expect)

It's not. Hearts manager Robbie Neilson to cut squad size if he wants to sign a new striker is fairly clear in my eyes. He has space in squad for midfielders 

BackOfTheNet
24 minutes ago, Gav M said:

He definitely talks about adding another striker but have to say from his comments he’s not talking about a starter every week. It’ll be a Keatings style backup he’s talking about.

MarkDevriesScores4

Let’s be honest, Wighton is nowhere near good enough to even be a sub striker at hearts. That leaves Boyce and Naismith. Naismith unlikely to play every match in reality. It’s my belief that we need 2 strikers brought in. If we only get one, that means Wighton will be played and that, for me, is not good enough, even at championship level. 

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

From the article today:

Hearts manager Robbie Neilson is considering signing another striker if he can further reduce the size of his squad before the transfer window closes on October 5.

The manager still wants at least one and potentially two more wingers following the capture of Roberts as a free agent. Former Motherwell player Elliott Frear has been offered a contract.

Neilson is also looking to sign a central midfielder. “I am still looking to get a couple of players in the wide areas. We have Jordan Roberts in but I'd like to get a couple more and take it from there,” he added.

So that's potentially 3-4 new faces we're after. Sounds like he's DEFINITELY after a winger and central midfielder.

If we got 4 in those positions highlighted I'd be happy with that. 

Providing they are half decent of course! 

2 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Let’s be honest, Wighton is nowhere near good enough to even be a sub striker at hearts. That leaves Boyce and Naismith. Naismith unlikely to play every match in reality. It’s my belief that we need 2 strikers brought in. If we only get one, that means Wighton will be played and that, for me, is not good enough, even at championship level. 

I’ve not seen anything from Wighton that would indicate that he’ll make it however I’m sure it was Neilson initially who identified him as a target so wouldn’t be surprised if he kept him.

The one positive you can say is he’s still young and as others have pointed out he seemed to be fairly successful in this league at Arbroath.

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I’ve not seen anything from Wighton that would indicate that he’ll make it however I’m sure it was Neilson initially who identified him as a target so wouldn’t be surprised if he kept him.

The one positive you can say is he’s still young and as others have pointed out he seemed to be fairly successful in this league at Arbroath.

Don’t get me wrong, no one wants Wighton to push on more than me but I’ve watched him a fair bit and don’t rate him. 

I would like to see us start some games in the championship with 3 strikers. At the moment, we’d really struggle to do that with the squad we have.

1 minute ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Don’t get me wrong, no one wants Wighton to push on more than me but I’ve watched him a fair bit and don’t rate him. 

I would like to see us start some games in the championship with 3 strikers. At the moment, we’d really struggle to do that with the squad we have.

Really hope he turns up this season.

He has a bit of pace if I remember correctly but is so weak for a big lad.

Always thought when he has the ball in good positions he isn't too sure what to do with it

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, AndrewB said:

So, what do the +1, +2 etc bits mean on that Hearts Stats graphic?

Length of contract I’m guessing 

MarkDevriesScores4
1 minute ago, Madjambo21 said:

Really hope he turns up this season.

He has a bit of pace if I remember correctly but is so weak for a big lad.

Always thought when he has the ball in good positions he isn't too sure what to do with it

Yeah, same. Like a rabbit caught in headlights.

at the risk of sounding a bit leveinish, I think we’ll be relying on our defenders for height at attacking set pieces. 

1 minute ago, Haringshairband said:

Cammy Logan has a 17 year contract? He's sorted 

That’s a question mark not a ‘7’ I believe.

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Haringshairband said:

Cammy Logan has a 17 year contract? He's sorted 

Think you need your pork pies checked 

31 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Yeah Wighton will surely go.  If we only bring in 1 striker we could always try using Walker up front, especially if we sign another 2 wingers.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Stolen from hearts stats

This is really helpful! This whole time I felt we had enough in central midfield that we could focus elsewhere but in 12 months time we are left with Haring and Damour only. That's pretty terrifying. 

53 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Robbie said in his article that Roberts can play as a striker and he is still talking about bringing in two wingers so he may just need the one striker.

Edited by wavydavy

2 hours ago, Sertse said:

From the article today:

This is encouraging. Exactly where we need to be strengthened and, add a decent striker I’m a happy clapper 

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Not seen the graphic for Hearts (saw someone had done it for Rangers and it is a good way to show the information.)

It is missing one name, Hickey though I persume that is because who made it expects him to go so just kept him off.

I do think we could see Lee, Damour (but will be very tough,) Garuccio, White and Wighton all gone. I could also see someone come in for Michael Smith. I dont think Zlamel will be off, I think Robbie wants two experienced goalkeepers and Stewart is there as third choice till Stone is fit. I do think if Garuccio and White go (as well as Hickey being sold) we will have a new left back in (hopefully Kingsley) with Watson as 2nd choice.

Not sure why people are so keen to get rid of White ?

Yes had serious injury problems in the past but think last season main injury problems were 2 facial injuries ?

The Future's Maroon
7 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Not sure why people are so keen to get rid of White ?

Yes had serious injury problems in the past but think last season main injury problems were 2 facial injuries ?

Yeah, I don’t get it either, if over his injury problems from years ago and now with a pre-season behind him he could be an integral player for us.

White was a good player displaying top pace and endeavour.  I think he fell short on the defensive side at times playing in a back 4.  If he could get trained/mentored into playing the offside rule better, I don't see why he couldn't play in the championship, injury proneness aside.