Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t know what people expect from the academy. It’s producing professional footballers but not at the level we would maybe like. Is there anything that can be done or help them make the extra step up from a future in lower league football or is it just luck what happens after you get them to a certain level?

I find it amusing that people seem to think that the academy will only produce top level, first team players. Every academy worldwide ends up getting a mix of players that just aren't good enough at youth level and get let go, next batch look really good at youth level but can't step up to the reserves, next batch look good in the reserves but can't do it at 1st team level and then the exception get into the first team and stay there before moving on to a bigger club. 

It's the difficulty with youth football as players develop both physically and as footballers at different speeds. Take a Stephen Simmons as an example, was miles ahead of his peers at youth level but that's simply because he'd developed into a Championship or League One level player by the age of 16/17 but that was his limit.  

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

BackOfTheNet

REALLY think any academy chat should be in a thread set up for chat about the academy. The tedious link to it was Hickey, but not only is there a Hickey thread it’s so far removed from transfer talk that it’s getting silly now. So next person who wants to comment in this thread, why not start a new one? 🙂 There’s ample evidence it will prove successful with many folk wishing to comment.

3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I want us to test if they are good enough. If they’re not good enough by now they need to go. I said that quite clearly and I don’t see the problem you have with it.

If you’ve got an academy that isnt

producing much over a lengthy period, then you fix it or you chuck the towel in and do all your recruitment external. Loads of clubs have binned academies in favour of ramping up scouting and affiliating. They are cost heavy and if they’re not working your wasting money

You test if they are good enough by playing them regularly . The young guys didn't get enough chances at first team under the previous regime, surpassing looking at what we were watching - and I for one desperately want to see that changed.

The academy is producing players The lad Paton at Ross County is playing a higher level than us currently. There are many many more that have earned a living down to the Hearts Academy 

And as for "do all your recruitment external "- Jesus look at what Robbie has just had to got rid of

Final point Macdonald in the league cup V Cowdenbeath last year was the best player on the park and went on loan to Dunfermline -That has helped him no end.  Play the young guys and for goodness sake back the lads and give them time to mature. 

We seem very quick to punt young guys as they're not flying by 18 19. Everyone matures at a different pace.

2 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

It was a shite opinion. I'm not going to sugar coat it. If someone is talking nonsense then they need to be told. 

Lol - Patronising - Look it up And reflect before denying it

The academy will come good I am sure. We just have to be more careful about who is getting released from us. 

Jason Cummings - done well at Hibs 

Jamie Gullan and Josh Doig are 2 players starting to break in at Hibs 

Not sure about Doig but I know that Cummings and Gullan were 2 massive Jambos. 

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

The academy will come good I am sure. We just have to be more careful about who is getting released from us. 

Doigy was a big jambo

37 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I find it amusing that people seem to think that the academy will only produce top level, first team players. Every academy worldwide ends up getting a mix of players that just aren't good enough at youth level and get let go, next batch look really good at youth level but can't step up to the reserves, next batch look good in the reserves but can't do it at 1st team level and then the exception get into the first team and stay there before moving on to a bigger club. 

It's the difficulty with youth football as players develop both physically and as footballers at different speeds. Take a Stephen Simmons as an example, was miles ahead of his peers at youth level but that's simply because he'd developed into a Championship or League One level player by the age of 16/17 but that was his limit.  

It’s an area I’m not at all clued up on. What you’re saying ties in with my suspicion that people might expect too much. 

I had forgotten all about Simmons. Just looked him up and had no idea he’d played 89 games, wouldn’t have even thought it was half that. 

SuperstarSteve
8 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

So are we signing anyone?

Cummings was the chat a few days ago, not sure where it came from or how it’s developing there was talk he was possibly signing. 

Is this still a transfer thread ?  Or is it now folk p@ssing and moaning and point scoring about Hickey, his Dad and the way the Academy is run  ?

Mr Brightside
20 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Gullan is now 21 so more than likely not going to make it as a regular at Hibs similar to Oli Shaw who we also released.

Cummings has not (yet) been successful at any level other Scottish Championship.

Doig too early to say but seems to be playing well this season.

2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

It was a joke ffs. 

Lighten up. Thanks for the insult though. All I did was point out the inaccuracies in your story. I have spoken to Ross today and he's delighted to be called a Pillock and that he talks toilet. He also stands by his info 100%.

Yours,

A Throbber. 

Mate nothing inaccurate about it, I know for a fact journos come on here, have copied info from here , you are obviously buttoned up the back though, do you really want me to show you evidence of it because i can 😉

And shut your stupid talk up once and for all?. 

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Mate nothing inaccurate about it, I know for a fact journos come on here, have copied info from here , you are obviously buttoned up the back though, do you really want me to show you evidence of it because i can 😉

I would actually like to see your proof, because you are still wrong on this matter 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Of  course journos come on here. That's how one of them knew you called them a pillock. 

Stop deflecting from the fact you went with a story because a players mate told you so. 

These journos have far far more contacts than the likes of me and you. 

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I’ve suspected for a while that journos take rumours from here but what evidence have you got? 

Rick Sanchez

It's pretty surprising the amount of shit we've got rid of during these uncertain times. Full credit to everyone involved. 

Can't help but want more out though :laugh:

Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

It's pretty surprising the amount of shit we've got rid of during these uncertain times. Full credit to everyone involved. 

Can't help but want more out though :laugh:

Until Damour is gone I'm officially in the huff. 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve suspected for a while that journos take rumours from here but what evidence have you got? 

Lets start a rumour,Hearts have bid £200,000 for Greg Doherty.:callme:

3 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I’m only interested in Cummings rumours this window. Anyone who writes Cumdog on their chest and offers to wrestle their team mates makes everyone else seem dull. 

Doherty would do well for us though. 

Edited by GinRummy

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

And that would actually be a bit of good business. Liked him at Hamilton before he disappeared almost into obscurity. However as he's already had a spell at Hibs last season he's more likely to end up there if he is to move. We tend not to go for decent quality younger players very often, unfortunately.

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Until Damour is gone I'm officially in the huff. 

You would like to see him prove us wrong and turn it around but if he's on a decent wage then it's not even worth finding out.

Damour, Wighton, White and Garuccio left to go...hell, I'll even be controversial and say Naismith aswell.

41 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Doigy was a big jambo

Disappointing. Seems to have done well this season so far for Hibs. 

In fact the journalists in question both saw the Cummings chat on here. Went away to verify the story and came back with the fact it was nonsense after checking. 

So I will concede Bongo is half right but they would never run a story direct from here. Enough of them used to be posters to know that telling their boss JKB was their source would be enough to get shown the door. 

Clark Griswold
Just now, jambonian said:

And that would actually be a bit of good business. Liked him at Hamilton before he disappeared almost into obscurity. However as he's already had a spell at Hibs last season he's more likely to end up there if he is to move. We tend not to go for decent quality younger players very often, unfortunately.

There’s the Championship element too, may not want to drop down a league for at least a season. 

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Disappointing. Seems to have done well this season so far for Hibs. 

Yip. Teams down south already sniffing around

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

You would like to see him prove us wrong and turn it around but if he's on a decent wage then it's not even worth finding out.

Damour, Wighton, White and Garuccio left to go...hell, I'll even be controversial and say Naismith aswell.

I keep thinking Wighton is away and then remember he isn't. I die a little inside me each time. 

I can kinda see yer point about Naismith but I disagree. 

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Docherty would need to go down south to maintain anywhere near his wages at ibrox, he's not going to hibs permanently

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874

As I said in my post this morning, I'm now ready to tell you what happened last night and why we didn't get Thiam. 

At lunch time yesterday Hearts and Barnsley had agreed to let Thiam come to us on Loan. 

Rotherham United then came in with a loan offer to take Thiam, they had offered to pay Barnsley a higher percentage of his wages, Hearts matched this. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/rotherham-united-battling-to-sign-in-demand-championship-winger/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwia7_rOo7HnAhXFUhUIHWjIDzwQFjAAegQIBRAF&usg=AOvVaw3A172aUpF-4kXrr8vdNJO2&ampcf=1

From there Barnsley tried to play both clubs against each other, to see who was going to pay the highest percentage of his wages.

At this point Rotherham withdrew their interest, and at that point Hearts withdrew their loan interest aswell. 

The reason why Barnsley tried to play both clubs off against one another, they were trying to get as much wages as possible to bring in a defender. 

The reason why they needed a defender was to replace Bambo Diaby, as he failed a drugs test and is subject to an investigation, he has been suspended from Barnsley from first team playing duties for the time being. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/bambo-diaby-suspended-by-barnsley-as-fa-investigates-drugs-test-1-10215636/amp&ved=2ahUKEwj-gcy2qbHnAhW4RhUIHRidCMgQFjAfegQIDBAF&usg=AOvVaw3NrFDZ3DTYNAiP-F9LL6yz&ampcf=1 

Barnsley did bring in a defender from St mirren but that wasn't the one they originally wanted , he will link up with the U23 squad. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51327071&ved=2ahUKEwjrlKXMrbHnAhXMUBUIHf4JALYQFjAAegQIBxAG&usg=AOvVaw1YtzpBV81f02d0JMiuKWDm&ampcf=1

Later on that night Hearts got back in touch and asked if a deal could be made, Barnsley weren't prepared to back down from there original loan stance, so Hearts made an offer to buy Thiam outright, the first offer was declined they went back in with a second offer and that was declined too. 

The player was desperate to come to Hearts, and was more than happy to hook back up with Stendel and with virtually everything agreed, as you can see Barnsley then started playing hardball, and the outcome was no deal. 

Now I will put this to posters for those that want to do detective work and for me to prove my credibility, I will put this name to you Dominic Samuel, a name I mentioned yesterday as one of the back up options,

now there is very clever posters on here that know how to check this stuff back, if you check the last article that was done on Dominic Samuel was done by not the old firm on the 12th of January. 

If you check back all the Edinburgh Evening news articles from then, you will see his name doesn't even get brought into any article from the 10th of January. 

Here was my reply yesterday to a poster. 

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874
  On 31/01/2020 at 15:30, Gav M said:

any idea who the back up plan is if it falls through?

Dominic Samuel is an option along with a few others. 

Now here's an article on transfer updates from the Edinburgh Evening News, yesterday at 5pm guess who's name is in it?  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-5pm-transfer-update-latest-mamadou-thiam-conor-washington-and-christophe-berra-1381954%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwj11byQsbHnAhVnQxUIHTaXBJUQyM8BMAB6BAgJEAQ&usg=AOvVaw1S5GtQw8ozrnz-rIoFY5_d&ampcf=1 

Never one mention about Dominic Samuel all week, but guess who barry boy decided to put in his article. 

This happens on numerous occasions not just on the posts I have posted up, but other posters as well, the guy is just a complete bum in fact all of them are I wouldn't trust any of them. 

I could go on but there you have it folks have a good night cmon the Hearts. 

Cheers Bongo 1874.

Edited February 1 by Bongo 1874

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Docherty would need to go down south to maintain anywhere near his wages at ibrox, he's not going to hibs permanently

I like Doherty as a player however he’s made clear he would prefer to go down south again if isn’t wanted at Rangers. If his attitude changed he would be a good signing. 

Sane with Murphy. Nothing wrong with picking up OF fringe players as long as they have the right attitude. 

Rick Sanchez
Just now, Notts1874 said:

I keep thinking Wighton is away and then remember he isn't. I die a little inside me each time. 

I can kinda see yer point about Naismith but I disagree. 

:laugh:

I only say Naismith and probably Berra on a value for money basis but I suppose the team needs leaders.

34 next month with 3 years left...

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874

As I said in my post this morning, I'm now ready to tell you what happened last night and why we didn't get Thiam. 

At lunch time yesterday Hearts and Barnsley had agreed to let Thiam come to us on Loan. 

Rotherham United then came in with a loan offer to take Thiam, they had offered to pay Barnsley a higher percentage of his wages, Hearts matched this. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/rotherham-united-battling-to-sign-in-demand-championship-winger/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwia7_rOo7HnAhXFUhUIHWjIDzwQFjAAegQIBRAF&usg=AOvVaw3A172aUpF-4kXrr8vdNJO2&ampcf=1

From there Barnsley tried to play both clubs against each other, to see who was going to pay the highest percentage of his wages.

At this point Rotherham withdrew their interest, and at that point Hearts withdrew their loan interest aswell. 

The reason why Barnsley tried to play both clubs off against one another, they were trying to get as much wages as possible to bring in a defender. 

The reason why they needed a defender was to replace Bambo Diaby, as he failed a drugs test and is subject to an investigation, he has been suspended from Barnsley from first team playing duties for the time being. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/bambo-diaby-suspended-by-barnsley-as-fa-investigates-drugs-test-1-10215636/amp&ved=2ahUKEwj-gcy2qbHnAhW4RhUIHRidCMgQFjAfegQIDBAF&usg=AOvVaw3NrFDZ3DTYNAiP-F9LL6yz&ampcf=1 

Barnsley did bring in a defender from St mirren but that wasn't the one they originally wanted , he will link up with the U23 squad. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51327071&ved=2ahUKEwjrlKXMrbHnAhXMUBUIHf4JALYQFjAAegQIBxAG&usg=AOvVaw1YtzpBV81f02d0JMiuKWDm&ampcf=1

Later on that night Hearts got back in touch and asked if a deal could be made, Barnsley weren't prepared to back down from there original loan stance, so Hearts made an offer to buy Thiam outright, the first offer was declined they went back in with a second offer and that was declined too. 

The player was desperate to come to Hearts, and was more than happy to hook back up with Stendel and with virtually everything agreed, as you can see Barnsley then started playing hardball, and the outcome was no deal. 

Now I will put this to posters for those that want to do detective work and for me to prove my credibility, I will put this name to you Dominic Samuel, a name I mentioned yesterday as one of the back up options,

now there is very clever posters on here that know how to check this stuff back, if you check the last article that was done on Dominic Samuel was done by not the old firm on the 12th of January. 

If you check back all the Edinburgh Evening news articles from then, you will see his name doesn't even get brought into any article from the 10th of January. 

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874

Now here's an article on transfer updates from the Edinburgh Evening News, yesterday at 5pm guess who's name is in it?  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-5pm-transfer-update-latest-mamadou-thiam-conor-washington-and-christophe-berra-1381954%3Famp&ved=2ahUKEwj11byQsbHnAhVnQxUIHTaXBJUQyM8BMAB6BAgJEAQ&usg=AOvVaw1S5GtQw8ozrnz-rIoFY5_d&ampcf=1 

Never one mention about Dominic Samuel all week, but guess who barry boy decided to put in his article. 

This happens on numerous occasions not just on the posts I have posted up, but other posters as well, the guy is just a complete bum in fact all of them are I wouldn't trust any of them. 

Cheers Bongo 1874.

:rofl:You’re such a weirdo Bongo

Stendelnator
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874   

Bongo 1874

Cheers Bongo 1874.

How is this proof that Ross Pillock lifts stories from kickback 

Just now, Stendelnator said:

How is this proof that Ross Pillock lifts stories from kickback 

😂😂 Honeslty mate have a good day 👍

Heartsofgold
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aaron Hickey was at Celtic from ages 12 to 16.

4 years. 

So he was, my mistake.  Still, the fact that his father pulled him out speaks volumes to me.

Edited by Heartsofgold

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Wighton strikes me as the type of guy who says pardon me when he farts.

Don’t we all?  🤔

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😂😂 Honeslty mate have a good day 👍

You’ll never be able to produce conclusive proof. It’s a chicken and egg situation. The only way to do it would be to totally make up a story and see if it gets in the press. 

queensferryjambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You’ll never be able to produce conclusive proof. It’s a chicken and egg situation. The only way to do it would be to totally make up a story and see if it gets in the press. 

It was me who put on here that Pot Noodle were going to be Hearts new shirt sponsor when somebody ITK said our new sponsor was going to be 'quite tasty' I even done a really crap photoshop.

Absolutely sure the Evening News online mentioned it as 'news'.

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I've thought about it mate honestly 👍

42 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

I would actually like to see your proof, because you are still wrong on this matter 

Look at yesterdays EN article about fans reaction to the new CEO.  Direct quotes from here, including user names.

2 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

It was me who put on here that Pot Noodle were going to be Hearts new shirt sponsor when somebody ITK said our new sponsor was going to be 'quite tasty' I even done a really crap photoshop.

Absolutely sure the Evening News online mentioned it as 'news'.

😂😂😂 that’s class. 

Leveins Battalion
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Don’t we all?  🤔

No me, i await the glare from the Mrs or look of disgust from the kids.:scenes:

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

‘More tea vicar’ is what I say. 

I just turn up the radio.

Hearts certainly clearing out the guff too!

36 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Wighton strikes me as the type of guy who says pardon me when he farts.

😂👏😂