Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Who are we signing?

Not sure, I'd have to look on the transfer thread instead of the Hickey/argument thread😂

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Not sure, I'd have to look on the transfer thread instead of the Hickey/argument thread😂

Now short on strikers imo. No idea who’s available but hoping it’s a proven goal scorer at a similar level. Don’t think we have any young guys who could fill in. 

53 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You’ll never be able to produce conclusive proof. It’s a chicken and egg situation. The only way to do it would be to totally make up a story and see if it gets in the press. 

48 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I've thought about it mate honestly 👍

We already have the answer to this. :lol:

Rumours about Norwood and Cummings appeared on here at the weekend. Did the journalists in question:

a) Unquestioningly publish the story because they saw it mentioned on here with a bunch of winks and thumbs-up emojis, or

b) Investigate it with reliable contacts, find out it was rubbish and report that instead?

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Wighton strikes me as the type of guy who says pardon me when he farts.

And I bet he sits down when he goes for a piss.

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

The academy will come good I am sure. We just have to be more careful about who is getting released from us. 

Jason Cummings - done well at Hibs 

Jamie Gullan and Josh Doig are 2 players starting to break in at Hibs 

Not sure about Doig but I know that Cummings and Gullan were 2 massive Jambos. 

Poor judgement by Hearts. There was history with Cummings that influenced matters but Gullan and Doig would have done a job for us.

Don’t like the concept of us developing players for Hibs.

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

We already have the answer to this. :lol:

Rumours about Norwood and Cummings appeared on here at the weekend. Did the journalists in question:

a) Unquestioningly publish the story because they saw it mentioned on here with a bunch of winks and thumbs-up emojis, or

b) Investigate it with reliable contacts, find out it was rubbish and report that instead?

Not that I want to weigh in on this but that’s a good shout. Can’t on one hand say that all local journalists do is steal information from JKB and on the other hand have a go at the same journalists for not taking what was said on JKB as gospel but in fact claiming the opposite.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

I would actually like to see your proof, because you are still wrong on this matter 

You can't prove individual cases, but modern "journalism" consists almost entirely of "desk research".

"Reporters" sit at their computer and scour the web for stories. Newspapers make entire stories out of other newspapers' stories just be starting with "It has been reported that..." They don't cultivate contacts any more or do any sort of investigative work. It's all sound bites, rumours, stories lifted from elsewhere and repackaged (or just outright lifted), and opinion pieces -  "churnalism" basically.

The proof, if you need it, is how so many journalists seem to spend entire days posting on Twitter. If you follow even senior journalists (or as they like to call themselves when accused of bias - "columnists") on Twitter you can actually predict their next column. Some, especially the political ones, will set up stories and test out opinions for the reaction on Twitter, others troll for reaction then make the reaction their next story. Unionist journos in Scotland are notorious for this - trolls basically. A number of football journalists are also basically trolls. 

Anyhow, in summary it's shit. The only shaft of light is people like the View from the Terrace lads making decent content around football. If they can expand into more serious journalism - like investigating the whole mess of the last few months in Scottish football - that would be good. Plus publications like Nutmeg, but even they don't touch the more difficult stories.

Tom English stands out as someone who is a good writer, who is willing to tackle the tougher stories and stick with them, and who clearly loves sport and wants to tell good stories rather than manufacture controversy and feed trolls. He'll no doubt be put out to pasture soon.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Rick Sanchez

It would be interesting to see Wighton with a bit of aggression in him. Too late though, keep binning the shite please.

Disappointed re Cumdog.

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

The bun fight is getting tedious.

Isn't it just mate. However, some of the non-I've got a bigger willy than you ones are quite funny even if they are not transfer related. Let's see how the 'fart' comment progresses.:whistling:

38 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Poor judgement by Hearts. There was history with Cummings that influenced matters but Gullan and Doig would have done a job for us.

Don’t like the concept of us developing players for Hibs.

Didn't all three not get released when CL was in the seat? Or am I being unfair on CL.

been here before
37 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

IePN4V-N_bigger.jpg

Hearts haven't made any move for Jason Cummings.

In all fairness to Banderson thats a fair scoop.

Ive heard we havent made a move for Messi or Salah but would stress Im not ITK here. Perhaps someone else could confirm.

The Internet
2 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Didn't all three not get released when CL was in the seat? Or am I being unfair on CL.

Cummings left in 2012. Doig is only 18 so guessing he left when levein was in charge. Not sure about gullan. 

16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It would be interesting to see Wighton with a bit of aggression in him. Too late though, keep binning the shite please.

Disappointed re Cumdog.

Needs to be a couple of stone heavier and 6" taller. 

3 minutes ago, been here before said:

In all fairness to Banderson thats a fair scoop.

Ive heard we havent made a move for Messi or Salah but would stress Im not ITK here. Perhaps someone else could confirm.

Correct re Salah, but Messi? He is getting on a bit and Cumming to the end of his time at Barca. Mmmmm.

Edited by David Black

been here before
9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

:rofl: I think you should link this interview.. 

not sure how you send a link to your imagination right enough 

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

:rofl:

For those 2 posts alone this thread should be in The Classics.

I believe the yoof today would say 'utterly pwned'

Clamped tae **** suffices just as well though.

Leveins Battalion

I'm not believing for a second that we have let guys like Washington and Clare leave but are not actively trying to punt Damour and Wighton.

It's just taking time as nobody wants them.

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don't underestimate sitting down for a piss, somthing tranquil about it Tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
54 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Don't underestimate sitting down for a piss, something tranquil about it Tbh. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't underestimate sitting down for a piss, something tranquil about it Tbh. 

I do too. My aim was like Uche's.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I'm not believing for a second that we have let guys like Washington and Clare leave but are not actively trying to punt Damour and Wighton.

Agreed, but Wighton imo will be on a lower wage. 

Washington, Clare, Damour even Uche would have been higher earners. 

8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Cummings left in 2012. Doig is only 18 so guessing he left when levein was in charge. Not sure about gullan. 

Thanks. My auld memory gets worse day by day.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Jenks said:

I do too. My aim was like Uche's.

Must have pissed all over the door and ceiling!

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You can't prove individual cases, but modern "journalism" consists almost entirely of "desk research".

"Reporters" sit at their computer and scour the web for stories. Newspapers make entire stories out of other newspapers' stories just be starting with "It has been reported that..." They don't cultivate contacts any more or do any sort of investigative work. It's all sound bites, rumours, stories lifted from elsewhere and repackaged (or just outright lifted), and opinion pieces -  "churnalism" basically.

The proof, if you need it, is how so many journalists seem to spend entire days posting on Twitter. If you follow even senior journalists (or as they like to call themselves when accused of bias - "columnists") on Twitter you can actually predict their next column. Some, especially the political ones, will set up stories and test out opinions for the reaction on Twitter, others troll for reaction then make the reaction their next story. Unionist journos in Scotland are notorious for this - trolls basically. A number of football journalists are also basically trolls. 

Anyhow, in summary it's shit. The only shaft of light is people like the View from the Terrace lads making decent content around football. If they can expand into more serious journalism - like investigating the whole mess of the last few months in Scottish football - that would be good. Plus publications like Nutmeg, but even they don't touch the more difficult stories.

Tom English stands out as someone who is a good writer, who is willing to tackle the tougher stories and stick with them, and who clearly loves sport and wants to tell good stories rather than manufacture controversy and feed trolls. He'll no doubt be put out to pasture soon.

Journalism in it's truest form should get to the heart of the story, through investigation, corroboration of information and intelligent unbiased dissemination. Unfortunately, most reporting is driven by the financial constraints placed on the industry now. Press releases are hacked apart and regurgitated for the readership demographic. Content is king and the need to continually feed the consumer with updates means less time is spent digging for anything substantial. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Now short on strikers imo. No idea who’s available but hoping it’s a proven goal scorer at a similar level. Don’t think we have any young guys who could fill in. 

Shankland? 🤔

been here before

Shankland? 🤔

Could be an option. Unproven in the top leagues but knows where the goals are at our level.

Start a thread to guage opinion, maybe throw a poll in.

Shankland? 🤔

What about Gullan? He can't get a game with them is a Jambo and has an eye for goal?

Think 'Cumdog' should just rock up at training on the 24th and join in. 

If Robbie signs him and he's shite then move him on and this never gets mentioned again. If not, then we're looking at a return in January, July, January, July, etc. for the next 5/6 years. 

Just do it. The downside is minimal and the upside is that we might finally have a striker who knows that the ball is supposed to go in the net. 

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, been here before said:

Could be an option. Unproven in the top leagues but knows where the goals are at our level.

Start a thread to guage opinion, maybe throw a poll in.

I'm this case, apt user name 🤣

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, bazman said:

Would never be able to afford him

Dunno, he's now injured, would fit right in. 

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Jumper said:

What about Gullan? He can't get a game with them is a Jambo and has an eye for goal?

Utd are honking, if he can't get a game for them he shouldn't be near us. 

55 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Disappointed re Cumdog.

I always thought one of Wighton’s major drawbacks was lack of confidence. Couldn’t seem to handle the pressure. Would be interested to see how he performs without the fans there.

25 minutes ago, Jumper said:

Nicknamed is Hammer I believe for his shot. Heard good things from his spell at Raith. Hasn’t been used much so far under Ross. I believe he can play out on the left and central. Only problem would be dealing with Hibs and whether he would come back after being released, would hope so being a jambo but. 

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Utd are honking, if he can't get a game for them he shouldn't be near us. 

He plays for Hibs mate not United

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Same for them

🤣

been here before
10 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Dundee Hibernian.

An easy mistake to make.

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I'd love to see us looking abroad. Get someone who hasn't played in Scotland before that is young enough to stick around. With the vastly expanded wage budget now we could bring in some very good strikers, especially at championship level. If you look at strikers who were the same supposed value as Uche that are free agents on tranfermarkt there's some decent choice.

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Washington and Clare showed they can at least play a bit. Only thing Damour has shown up here is he likes to give the ball away for the opponent to score. No one will be mad enough or stupid enough to sign pish like that.

5 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

Washington and Clare showed they can at least play a bit. Only thing Damour has shown up here is he likes to give the ball away for the opponent to score. No one will be mad enough or stupid enough to sign pish like that.

If only we could just void his contract. Paying him off a years wages would be better in the long run if that was even an option.

5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

If only we could just void his contract. Paying him off a years wages would be better in the long run if that was even an option.

How is that better?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

How is that better?

He's got a 4 year contract, paying off one year would be better than just keeping him for another 3

3 minutes ago, Sertse said:

He's got a 4 year contract, paying off one year would be better than just keeping him for another 3

Ah, I see. I doubt he would swap ine year’s pay for 3 unless he has something decent lined up. 

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Andy driver is just 32... 

Have you seen the size of him recently 😂😂