Hearts transfers (Cochrane goes on loan to Montrose)

dazajmbo

Dallas Green
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hate to say it but celtic have made a late push to get him, trying to move boli on as we speak 👍

The kid would be insane to choose them over Bayern. The quality of life he will have over there, out of the shit show of scottish football, will do him good. He could 100% be in the Bayern first team squad in the next few years if he continues to progress as he has.

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff

• Bazzas right boot

24 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

If White is on a decent wage whoever gave him it should be shot! 

Not that he isn't potentially a good player, but we were his lifeline back into football so he should have accepted whatever we were willing to offer tbh

Think Garuccio will have a very good season under Robbie

White was signed on a really low basic and a significant pay as you play deal due to his long term injury. No idea if that changed once he was fit 

25 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

If White is on a decent wage whoever gave him it should be shot! 

Not that he isn't potentially a good player, but we were his lifeline back into football so he should have accepted whatever we were willing to offer tbh

Think Garuccio will have a very good season under Robbie

White was signed on a low wage, we couldn't have afforded him if he hadn't had injury problems.

5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think he is likely off west rather than east. Celtic back in for him on Friday after firing Bolingoli. 

I asked my German based friend and he is under the impression that the deal looks to be accurate. So I will take his word for it for now. 

20200817_164429.thumb.jpg.031a695a7356f626f9f133ca6076a8c8.jpg

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Leo Watson to get a chance, Robbie likes Robson from united too but would have to pay a decent fee, 

Watson could be even better than Hickey. Has real pace 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

The kid would be insane to choose them over Bayern. The quality of life he will have over there, out of the shit show of scottish football, will do him good. He could 100% be in the Bayern first team squad in the next few years if he continues to progress as he has.

He may feel he will back left back to start, but able to push for first choice which can be attractive, especially as he has been at Celtic before and could get European football. Hopefully it has come too late and Bayern have made him feel wanted.

Wycombe are not as big a club as we are but the English Championship is a big step up from the Scottish Championship. Will be interesting to see how he does. 

BackOfTheNet

Genuinely sad to see Ikpeazu go, I feel his abilities would have suited the league and his confidence would have been high.

What I find weird is full grown adults (I presume) on here and other social media having actual seethe towards a player because they think he’s not a good player. I mean think about it for a moment, to go to the effort to slate someone for not being good enough. He tried his best and made a go of it, if he wasn’t good enough that’s not exactly his fault now is it. So why personally attack the guy? Makes no sense.

I’m sure everyone on this forum has played football to varying levels but none of us made it professional or got to play for Hearts. Should I have a pop at all of you for not being good enough? After all if all of us were world beaters and signed for Hearts we’d be Champions of Europe by now. Must be our fault for not being good enough (although I’m sure a lot of you would’ve made it and had a trial at an English Premier League club when you were 13 but you had a dodgy knee or something. 🙄)

Think about it, getting so wound up that you personally insult a player. Some of it is banter, I get that, but some of it just seems excessive and makes me think if he’s done your wives or came to your house on Christmas Day and **** on your presents. Weird folk.

19 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Garuccio is probably our fittest player. 

Just unfortunate to do his ligaments last year. 

Best crossing stats in Aus when we signed him, then Levein never got him to cross a ball 🤦‍♂️

Think he's Robbie's kind of player. 

Although I agree Kingsley would be great

So Levein told him not to cross the ball ?

Sadly I'm sure many on here will believe that

1 minute ago, skinnybob72 said:

Wycombe are not as big a club as we are but the English Championship is a big step up from the Scottish Championship. Will be interesting to see how he does. 

He'll get a chance from refs down there. He won't look so.out of place. Up here, no chance. 

brunoatemyhamster

Is that Uche and Akinfenwa upfront for them now? 

Ooft. That's a hard 90 mins for defenders

7 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Watson could be even better than Hickey. Has real pace 

Yeah he's quicker.  Good at running the channels.  Smaller than bobby burns but he was quicker than him as well.  Same stature though, a wee power house.  Hopefully it works for him under Robbie.  Probably use him as a wing back since he's still small.

Edited by HMFC01

1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

So Levein told him not to cross the ball ?

Sadly I'm sure many on here will believe that

Never said that. 

But Leveins tactics seemed to include very few wide crosses into the box

All the best to big uche. Always worked his socks off when he played! I know that’s the minimum we expect. But we don’t always get that. I ,for one ,Hope he does well

bigsuperslim1874
14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hate to say it but celtic have made a late push to get him, trying to move boli on as we speak 👍

I know his dad is a Tic fan but if you have the choice of Bayern Munich (who think enough of you to give a 5 year deal) or Celtic who are a big fish in a small pond.......surely he has to go to Germany?? They will pay more too surely in wages?!!!

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Uche will have a sore neck watching the ball fly over his head.

Presumably the Wycombe manager has no clue about Uche's mobility and stamina. 

He reminds me of that other steaming pile of shit that stood for 90 mins in the centre circle in Zagreb. Absolute pony. 

Good riddance. 

They know exactly what they're getting in Uche, and that is a direct, ready-made replacement for Akinfenwa. They've used him as a battering ram for a good few seasons now and will no doubt do the exact same with Uche. 

Just now, Newton51 said:

The tweet i posted earlier about Hickey was from a well known German journalist. Seemed confident deal was done

Yeah guy is usually spot on, told celtic have made a late push though 👍

Uche provided some unforgettable moments, including a semi-final goal and setting up a winner against Celtic. Liked to score at Easter Road too.

Good luck to him, sorry to see him go.

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah he's quicker.  Good at running the channels.  Smaller than bobby burns but he was quicker than him as well.  Same stature though, a wee power house.  Hopefully it works for him under Robbie.

I remember him playing in a couple pre-season friendlies last season, people were raving about him. I hope takes his chance if given.

2 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah he's quicker.  Good at running the channels.  Smaller than bobby burns but he was quicker than him as well.  Same stature though, a wee power house.  Hopefully it works for him under Robbie.

Still got time to grow. Just 17 three months ago. 

Tennant's  6's
10 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

If that’s the case I wish him nothing but failure in his career, to be quite honest. Imagine being so short sighted that you turn down the opportunity to learn at some of the biggest clubs in Europe because you can’t see past one of the old firm. 

Hope its nonsense and hes sensible enough to make the right move for himself and Scotland. 

Very much so.

That's probably one pf the reasons that most of our players don't progress, and our national side is usually so poor.

What kind of player would Modric have been had he taken the easy option and stayed at Dynamo Zagreb to win the Croatian league every year, or Zlatan just staying put in Malmo..

You'd think that there's at least one, possibly two, other Scots about his age that are already at Bayern would make the decision even easier for him.

BackOfTheNet

Hickey really should go to Bayern, he’s still very young and they well get him physically strong and tactically astute (one of the main reasons Oli Burke flopped at Leipzig is he didn’t understand the tactics and training techniques). But when it comes to Celtic surely Hearts would simply just not accept their offer? Even if Celtic waive the sell on fee by buying him back and offer another sell on the sell on potential at them as opposed to Bayern and Lyon is minimal.

bigsuperslim1874
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hopefully they have been told to piss off. 😂

3 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Never said that. 

But Leveins tactics seemed to include very few wide crosses into the box

'Levein never got him to cross a ball'

What else could that mean ?

10 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

A bit surprised he has gone to Championship. 

Must be rated. 

maroonplatoon87
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What’s the latest with Cummings and Norwood bud? 

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Exactly.

Living in Munich or Glasgow.

Hard choice.:lol:

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Would hate it if he went there. Moving to Bayern seems a no brainer

jamboinglasgow

So curious I saw was about an hour ago or so, the Hearts twitter page put up a video of the Under 18s training (they are allowed to train only over 18s not allowed) but it was quickly taken down a couple of minutes earlier. 

Wonder why? Though I hope is that there is some players training who have note yet been announced as signing so they went too quickly and pulled it so they can announce players first. But probably way off.

28 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Chances of getting Boli on the cheap to replace Hickey?🙄

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

So curious I saw was about an hour ago or so, the Hearts twitter page put up a video of the Under 18s training (they are allowed to train only over 18s not allowed) but it was quickly taken down a couple of minutes earlier. 

Wonder why? Though I hope is that there is some players training who have note yet been announced as signing so they went too quickly and pulled it so they can announce players first. But probably way off.

I tried to reply 'careful the SPFL doesn't see this' and it wouldn't let me because they took it down so fast

21 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Is that Uche and Akinfenwa upfront for them now? 

Ooft. That's a hard 90 mins for defenders

Akinfenwa doesnt fall about all the time 👍

6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Would hate it if he went there. Moving to Bayern seems a no brainer

Plus learn a new language for free and get a bird that wears lederhosen for fun

2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Was uche another undisclosed fee?

Yes 

And its annoying. Due to the amount of football manager i played, i always want to know the fee!

Just now, jamboj said:

Yes 

And its annoying. Due to the amount of football manager i played, i always want to know the fee!

🤔

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

Yeah, 3 years ago.

Jakubiak just signed for Dundee last week.

I saw it on Sky Sports News transfer thread. Never looked at the date. :jj_facepalm:

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Akinfenwa doesnt fall about all the time 👍

To be fair on Uche, he didn't when he first started playing with us. He did when he realised refs weren't going to give him anything when he used his strength to stay on his feet when obviously being fouled. He'll get more leeway to do his thing in England.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Yes 

Just look at it as freeing up the wage budget, it's what keeps me sane not knowing!

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, sac said:

Plus learn a new language for free and get a bird that wears lederhosen for fun

And it's a great city. Glasgow however 🤔

1 hour ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Few rumours going around Twitter that Hickey has signed a 5 year contract at Bayern. Not sure how accurate though. 

Eligible for Champs League?

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Yes 

At our level, when every 100k counts it doesn’t really suit either party to disclose 

Now that he’s left I think it’s fair to say he was pretty, if not very, shite. Nice guy and always tried his best, but quite possibly the worst finisher in football.