• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

What were injuries like before the dinosaur and his puppets took over? 

Not half as bad I suspect.

Good point, we did have a few strikers missing in the Championship but nowhere near as bad. They were much fitter,  3-4 sessions a day might be too much for this lot.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We also missed a pk and hit the bar twice. 

That's football tho!

I could understand it if Neilson had bad result after bad result with us, but he didn't. He was incredibly good at picking up points no matter who we had playing for us and when he had the right personnel up front we scored and created lots. He proved that again with Utd last season. The "dull" football people seem to think we played stemmed form a period from when Sow left to when Jonsson started finding his feet. That period also coincided with the Hibs cup defeat of course.

This whole anti-Neilson thing is purely from people who can't handle us ever losing a derby, despite the fact that we lose derbies under every manager and often in even worse ways than under Neilson. Interested in how they reacted when Hibs beat us 6-2 under JJ.

1 hour ago, Dr. Bapswent said:

If we win a court case and avoid relegation does that mean Stendels contract is still active? 

How does that work with Robbie? 

I assume that it doesn’t. So even if we stay up, we have chosen to bin Stendel. 

Yes we should’ve kept stendel, he had a fantastic record? Nice football at times, does not get you points 👍🏻

heartsfc_fan

Quite happy with him coming back.

Did well before. Left far too soon and if we need somebody who knows Scottish football and the club then he ticks all the boxes.

Much better than McCann or Pressley who's names have been mentioned.

On Stendel.

I liked the guy but he did have an "all go" approach to games. Hazardous at times. We really struggled playing against teams who sat in and hit us on the counter.

We also don't know the full situation if he wanted to stay - maybe we offered him something and he turned it down. Maybe he's already got something else lined up? Who knows.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I could understand it if Neilson had bad result after bad result with us, but he didn't. He was incredibly good at picking up points no matter who we had playing for us and when he had the right personnel up front we scored and created lots. He proved that again with Utd last season. The "dull" football people seem to think we played stemmed form a period from when Sow left to when Jonsson started finding his feet. That period also coincided with the Hibs cup defeat of course.

This whole anti-Neilson thing is purely from people who can't handle us ever losing a derby, despite the fact that we lose derbies under every manager and often in even worse ways than under Neilson. Interested in how they reacted when Hibs beat us 6-2 under JJ.

Toque, your wet dream has come true so stop stretching yourself to defend his mistakes. When football comes back, then we can assess him.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Is Lee MCCulloch his assistant at Dundee? 

going to go down like a lead balloon if he ends up joining us. 

A guy called Gordon Forrest too, Alexander is the GK coach. Elbows might get the managers job.

Would hope Robbie would try and get Toby Sibbick again for us..think that guy could be a real gem

Edited by Hearts007

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

A guy called Gordon Forrest too, Alexander is the GK coach. Elbows might get the managers job.

Thanks. 

Just now, Hearts007 said:

Would hope Robbie would try and get Tony Sibbick again for us..think that guy could be a real gem

We need that kind if energy fir sure. 👍🏻  Midfield was shite last season. 

Rick Sanchez
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good point, we did have a few strikers missing in the Championship but nowhere near as bad. They were much fitter,  3-4 sessions a day might be too much for this lot.

That's my thinking!

Would have been nice to know who his signings were, if any. 

Sammon? Anderson? Oshaniwa? That'll do, I'll be here all night.

Edited by Rick Sanchez

ford donald
1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Would hope Robbie would try and get Toby Sibbick again for us..think that guy could be a real gem

Liked him first time i saw him,looks a player.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Toque, your wet dream has come true so stop stretching yourself to defend his mistakes. When football comes back, then we can assess him.

He's allowed to make mistakes. The whole point is he didn't make very many.

I am delighted it has to be said even though Robbo was my top choice.

Craig Levein to D Utd?

49 minutes ago, BehindYou said:

I think as a club we are a sleeping giant and this is the turning point. Very happy to have Robbie back and can only see it going up from here. He’s a hearts man through and through who done very well last time and was embarrassingly chased out, look what’s happened since then 😬

Chased out by who??

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well, there's a Locke family member openly tweeting about it. So...🤷‍♂️

Done deal apparently. 

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not part-time.

MacDonalds is one of the biggest brands in the world.

Birkirkara beat West Ham the year before, only losing the tie on penalties.

This was Neilson's first experience of management in Europe and if Bauben hadn't missed a pen it could have been very different. We had 62% possession and 13 shots on goal to their 3. It was July. Scottish teams get bumped out of Europe or suffer embarrassing defeats in Europe in July on a regular basis. That was actually one of the least embarrassing ones. Just ask Hibs, Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic fans.

Apart from all that, top post!

Do you mean McDonald's? The fact Bauben was even on the park was laughable, one of the worst players I've ever seen 😂, you say it was Robbie's first experience of management in European football I'll concede that, but had Neilson never played European football to understand it?. 

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Defender said:

Great appointment. The way he was hounded out was a total embarrassment.

As far as hounding outs go I thought it was an especially bad one. Poor guy must've been in fear for his life when MK Dons threatened him with a big pay rise and an opportunity to test himself in a tough English league.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That's my thinking!

Would have been nice to know who his signings were, if any. 

Sammon? Anderson? Oshaniwa? That'll do, I'll be here all night.

Yeah that’s not a road we won’t go down, let’s say he didn’t want Swanson and leave it there 😜.

41 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Using the statistics he mentioned? Just a guess.

Nothing to do with them being boosted in the championship against powerhouses such as Alloa and Cowdenbeath? 

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah that’s not a road we won’t go down, let’s say he didn’t want Swanson and leave it there 😜.

:laugh:

I'm actually quite excited to see what he can achieve by himself.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do you mean McDonald's? The fact Bauben was even on the park was laughable, one of the worst players I've ever seen 😂, you say it was Robbie's first experience of management in European football I'll concede that, but had Neilson never played European football to understand it?. 

I mean the one that sells rancid cow parts and drinks with fecal matter in them.

If you think Bauben's one of the worst you have led a very sheltered life as a Hearts fan.

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I wanted him to leave and thankfully he did, managers have a shelf life and some like JJ/RN and CL moved on to bigger . . . . Wage packets.

Governor Tarkin

Oshaniwa wasn't Nheilson's man either.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

:laugh:

I'm actually quite excited to see what he can achieve by himself.

Absolutely, everything that CL didn’t hopefully.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I mean the one that sells rancid cow parts and drinks with fecal matter in them.

If you think Bauben's one of the worst you have led a very sheltered life as a Hearts fan.

I remember Neilson put him left mid a couple of games 😂😂

Pasquale for King
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Oshaniwa wasn't Nheilson's man either.

All the DoFs handy work, saw him play against Messi and thought he was a world beater.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

Nothing to do with them being boosted in the championship against powerhouses such as Alloa and Cowdenbeath? 

Amazing it's so easy to win it the way Neilson did, yet Hibs, Rangers and D Utd failed to do anywhere near as well as Neilson did in one season in 3, 2 and 4 seasons respectively - all with managers more experienced than Neilson.

13 minutes ago, Defender said:

Great appointment. The way he was hounded out was a total embarrassment.

I can't remember him being hounded out tbh. As your memory is obviously better than mine, can you remember were Hibs still floundering in the Championship at that time?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He did a good job defensively wide right or left, allowed the FB to over lap. He and Levein did it with Djoum too, or Tomaschek/Hartley/Stamp/Cowie etc etc.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wanted him to leave and thankfully he did, managers have a shelf life and some like JJ/RN and CL moved on to bigger . . . . Wage packets.

Genuinely baffling to think back to the attitude of some towards Neilson. One of the most bizarre periods I've ever experienced as a Hearts fan considering how well things were going and how bad a situation we'd been in just a year or two earlier.

Governor Tarkin
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

All the DoFs handy work, saw him play against Messi and thought he was a world beater.

You should hear the DoF trying to expalin his way out of the entire process on that one. 

Laddie could sell sand to the A-rabs.

You can see how Budgie could get sucked in.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Quite happy with him coming back.

Did well before. Left far too soon and if we need somebody who knows Scottish football and the club then he ticks all the boxes.

Much better than McCann or Pressley who's names have been mentioned.

On Stendel.

I liked the guy but he did have an "all go" approach to games. Hazardous at times. We really struggled playing against teams who sat in and hit us on the counter.

We also don't know the full situation if he wanted to stay - maybe we offered him something and he turned it down. Maybe he's already got something else lined up? Who knows.

Your right obviously, I would just add we’ve routinely struggled against teams that sit in and hit us on the break since I’ve being going to games in the 70s.

JamboNation

Thinking Stendel was never on the cards for the the lower division , why pay top wages for a management team that would have probably jumped ship at the first opportunity to get out of the Scottish Championship ?

It that context  Budge has gone for a safe pair of hands at a time when she will need to be 100 percent focused on fighting the SPFL sharks.

We took months over the Levien , Stendel and Cathro appointments  this is decisive by comparison

There have been some tough lessons over the last few years but this is a season we cant afford to take a chance on .. I'll settle for the safe boring bet at this time 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Genuinely baffling to think back to the attitude of some towards Neilson. One of the most bizarre periods I've ever experienced as a Hearts fan considering how well things were going and how bad a situation we'd been in just a year or two earlier.

Once you accept that football fans are generally entitled fantasists then it's not baffling at all.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I was talking about JJ, but I did believe Neilson had run his course and needed to go, he himself said that and you should really accept it.

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Once you accept that football fans are generally entitled fantasists then it's not baffling at all.

Succinctly put. 

I've yet to hear a viable alternative being put forward. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You should hear the DoF trying to expalin his way out of the entire process on that one. 

Laddie could sell sand to the A-rabs.

You can see how Budgie could get sucked in.

Hopefully he will head back to the Arabs. 

Seems like Weir will be the Sporting Director (Per twitter). 

Should be interesting. Little bit deflated still about Stendel. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Did we win them because we lost very few games with Bauben in the team in 14/15 and 15/16? Neilson loved switching players in wide midfield to keep the opposition on their toes and enabling them to cut in and shoot with their good foot. Did it very well with Walkier and Nicolson. Bauben was an absolute standout, ever-present in the championship season and was a solid squad player after promotion.

Anyhow, that's nothing. Cathro played him at CB.

He did a good job defensively wide right or left, allowed the FB to over lap. He and Levein did it with Djoum too, or Tomaschek/Hartley/Stamp/Cowie etc etc.

Mate he was murder and you know it, he couldn't tackle to save himself, he was a central midfield player and a average one at that, gomis covered his arse most times and pallardo too, Bauben was just a spare p**** on the park. 

As for Djoum he was never a defensive player either, guy always wanted to play on the front foot centrally he done damage very underrated in my opinion 

Just need to look at his involvement during this goal, guy always wanted and look comfortable playing in the centre of midfield 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

True, but I don't remember any other manager being treated that way by a section of the support when we've had many, many worse managers.

Pasquale for King

Weir is loans manager for Brighton’s players who play abroad, step up to be DoF and if IRC his family stayed on Merseyside when he was back up here at Rangers. Will obviously know Neilson though.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did we win them because we lost very few games with Bauben in the team in 14/15 and 15/16? Neilson loved switching players in wide midfield to keep the opposition on their toes and enabling them to cut in and shoot with their good foot. Did it very well with Walkier and Nicolson. Bauben was an absolute standout, ever-present in the championship season and was a solid squad player after promotion.

An absolute standout😂😂 name me a game where he absolutely bossed it against any top premiership side we played against? 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Ever present? He was injured in the February and the pairing of Pallardo and Gomis didn’t quite work as well.