• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

I for one am delighted with this appointment, really liked Robbie the last time and was gutted when he left. He will get us out the Championship no bother at all and I don't think I could have said that about Stendel. Some of the football we played under him first time around was fantastic and he is now a more experienced manager which hopefully benefits us. 

No idea who the SD will be but I have no doubt that they are already appointed with this news. Don't think it's going to be David Weir. 

Ron Burgundy
11 minutes ago, Big Doug said:

Nothing against Robbie and I wish him well, but what a waste of time and energy chasing Stendal for all that time.  I was looking forward to seeing how he could transform the club on a long term basis.  I honestly thought given time and a squad with a heart he could have been our Jurgen.

Thanks Daniel and I hope you find a club soon.

Pretty much where I am at. Not many United fans on social media bothered about him leaving.

He better approach derby matches in a different manner.

Not impressed at all with that appointment but hey ho. Onwards and upwards........hopefully.

Brauhauser2012
12 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Great news. A manger who knows how to skoosh the championship if we are in it.. a manager who had us finish 4th in his first season back, a manager who had us 2 nd when he left.. 100% trolling Dundee Utd as well.

the right man at the right time.. delighted 

feel bad for Daniel, could have been great.. he was the right man at the wrong time 

Totally agree. Daniel was the right manager at the completely wrong time.

To make a drastic  change you need a summer window.

2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Pretty much where I am at. Not many United fans on social media bothered about him leaving.

He better approach derby matches in a different manner.

Not impressed at all with that appointment but hey ho. Onwards and upwards........hopefully.

I would've liked to see Stendel given the chance to build a team but wasn't gutted either funny enough. 

A bit meh about Robbie but he'll be given same support as any other manager

My United supporting mate wasn't too bothered. He said Shankland covered up some issue's .

He also said he thought Robbie was a bit one dimensional.

Anyway welcome back Robbie. As always he'll get my full support .

HHGH

8 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Everyone needs to get behind the appointment and give the guy a chance.

This. We shouldn't think of it as Robbie Neilson, but Robbie Neilson Part 2. A fresh slate and all that.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

This. We shouldn't think of it as Robbie Neilson, but Robbie Neilson Part 2. A fresh slate and all that.

:lol:

Robbie did leave under a cloud, but I think he was getting unfairly judged against the championship season. Toys were thrown out of the pram when folk realised we weren't going to be competing with Celtic for the title. Folk who are still hanging onto the 2-2 game need to get a life, like it's the only thing they remember from the whole time he was here and it will be the first thing they go to when things aren't going well.

Better having a boring manager who can win matches than a manager who promises sexy football but delivers nothing but a few sound bites.

Saint Jambo

Stendel was brought in at great expense to get us clear of relegation and build from there. Unfortunately it went spectacularly badly. If reports are to be believed he then decided to move on rather than wait until we had the certainty of which league we would be in to offer him an appropriate contract. No issue with that, but hardly the club's fault either. Role forward a few years and Stendel should be a very forgettable footnote in Hearts history. He has done nothing to suggest he should be some "what might have been" story but I worry for some of our fans he will be.

Time to get behind Robbie Nielson. A cup winner as a player and previously a successful manager with the club. Also the first time since Laszlo that we've brought in a manager who was currently doing well in another role. I'm positive about this appointment.

Posters who were outraged that Stendel received any criticism and argued that everyone had to get behind him even when his form was awful but are now chucking their toys out the pram are best put on ignore.

hmfc_liam06

Not renewing season tickets because Neilson is our new manager :lol:

Get a ****ing grip of your life ffs!

I was pretty peeved at some of his performances last time round and was in the "his time's probably up" camp but he'll get my full backing. As should be the case with every Heart of Midlothian supporter towards a new manager.

12 hours ago, RudiIsGod said:

Let's get this right. We wanted Daniel Stendel because of his attacking style of play, had an opportunity to really build something good this summer and come back stronger. Instead we appoint a guy we wanted rid of for the eye bleeding football and Hibs capitulation. A guy Dundee United fans were losing patience with? I hope to god he brings Shankland with him. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

I backed Dundee United ante-post and was very pleased when they were crowned champions. However, despite their big lead their form had deteriorated before the lock-down and I wasn't counting my chickens. They had some shocking results during the season but they had their ace in Lawrence Shankland. Looking at the Dundee Utd. message-board many don't appear bothered particularly about Neilson leaving, with comments about his boring football. They'd be very sorry to lose Shankland though.

I had money on MK Dons when Robbie Neilson was there so I might be a bit jaundiced.

highlandjambo3

Bit meh tbh........

Still support Robbie (or whoever) as manager.....bigger fish to fry at the moment but, I’m sure when we bend hibs over my meh will grow.

FTH 

Leveins Battalion

Hopefully we get a Robbie Neilson who has matured.We should not underestimate the influence of Levein bringing in guys like Kenny Anderson,Oshaniwa and Augustyn etc.

Hopefully we a new SD who can complement him with quality players.

Let's be honest here the potential this club has is endless, we have top class training facilities, a.top class stadium and relatively big support for Scottish football. We have the foundation of Hearts, a supportive.and same owner, passionate loyal fans and are based in Edinburgh. 

It isn't any suprise to me that someone would choose us in th championship V Dundee United in the prem. Especially when Neilson will have loyalties here. 

Neil Dongcaster
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not renewing season tickets because Neilson is our new manager :lol:

Get a ****ing grip of your life ffs!

I was pretty peeved at some of his performances last time round and was in the "his time's probably up" camp but he'll get my full backing. As should be the case with every Heart of Midlothian supporter towards a new manager.

It has made me reconsider as well. The amount of times I either left before half time or stayed in the pub last time he was in charge of us in the premiership was ridiculous. 

We are expecting our first kids in September and I probably would have bought one anyway if it was someone exciting but I just really disliked watching Neilson's team play.

Im probably kidding myself on and will buy one but a huge part of me thinks I’ll regret it if it’s in the premiership. He would skoosh the championship at a canter.

Delighted Robbie is back.

Stendel was the wrong choice clearly. Two ‘fired up’ victories v gers and hubs were the only highlights of a period of complete inadequacy within our club. 

He may well be a nice guy and did a half decent job at Barnsley for a season but up here he was not up to the task and his style was one dimensional and far too easy to beat. Another season of that would have either sent us down again - or kept us down!

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

It has made me reconsider as well. The amount of times I either left before half time or stayed in the pub last time he was in charge of us in the premiership was ridiculous. 

We are expecting our first kids in September and I probably would have bought one anyway if it was someone exciting but I just really disliked watching Neilson's team play.

Im probably kidding myself on and will buy one but a huge part of me thinks I’ll regret it if it’s in the premiership. He would skoosh the championship at a canter.

You've been doing it all wrong if you've been going to Hearts games expecting good football.

Won't go into a "proper" fan debate but I don't know a single dedicated Hearts fan who goes for the football on offer.

Finlay James
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You do realise we didn't finish the season you absolute muppet! 😂 Proven in the premiership against who? Did he finish above Aberdeen nah 😂, the Rangers nope, Hibs erm 🤔nope. 

What's he won the championship 😂so did rangers and hibs, it's great when you can make an argument to suit mate eh 😉

Imagine getting your ass handed to you by Ach well you know, Stubbsy 😂makes you cringe eh, I suppose it's a great money spinner though please stop 😂😂

The same Stubbs that he finished 20+ ahead of that season?  

Who had had their arse handed to them?

I wonder if we will get a video today aka a press conference or some kind of unveiling !!

Obv a press conference will prob be out with social distancing etc.

Greedy Jambo

It looks like his first competitive game will be against Hibs in the cup, 

There will be utter carnage if he loses that. 

We've got Robbie, what if we took Shankland, blocked their promotion then gave them Levein?

Can you imagine the seethe

13 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You've been doing it all wrong if you've been going to Hearts games expecting good football.

Won't go into a "proper" fan debate but I don't know a single dedicated Hearts fan who goes for the football on offer.

I get what your saying and agree to a large extent but there’s a balance. That shite we had to suffer under CL was too much. There’s no reason why a club with the resources we have (even now in comparison to our competitors) can’t play half decent football. 

Darth Sidious

Interesting looking at the media and seeing how the media try and spin this in a negative way or even try and explain it.  How can they twist this in to a negative?  Stendal's Lithuanian granny robbed of pension again.. 

20 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Let's be honest here the potential this club has is endless, we have top class training facilities, a.top class stadium and relatively big support for Scottish football. We have the foundation of Hearts, a supportive.and same owner, passionate loyal fans and are based in Edinburgh. 

It isn't any suprise to me that someone would choose us in th championship V Dundee United in the prem. Especially when Neilson will have loyalties here. 

True Alim.  Apart from the old firm, Aberdeen and maybe hibs, every manager in the country would take the job.  

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

not as many as I’ve left in the 4 years since he left.

hearts need to get back to winning games, and we need a manager who knows how to do that in both divisions. 

Loved the first season under robbie, and most of the second.. I think Levein forced him down the path of negativity. 

Jean Louis Valois

I can't understand why any Hearts supporter would not happy with this news. Neilson has been our best manager in years, had us in second place in the league and we have just taken him off a club who won the championship at a canter. He was obviously desperate to come back to leave a very decent job he had at Utd. Add in the fact that he doesn't need to work with Levein this time round. This is very exciting. I really liked Stendel but the fact is he didnt do a very good job and was absolutely not the man to take us forward. 

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get what your saying and agree to a large extent but there’s a balance. That shite we had to suffer under CL was too much. There’s no reason why a club with the resources we have (even now in comparison to our competitors) can’t play half decent football. 

Can't disagree with that, this time around I'd like his sides to be more on the front foot.

But no one supports Hearts because they are looking for pretty football.

complete control
1 hour ago, Big Doug said:

Nothing against Robbie and I wish him well, but what a waste of time and energy chasing Stendal for all that time.  I was looking forward to seeing how he could transform the club on a long term basis.  I honestly thought given time and a squad with a heart he could have been our Jurgen.

Thanks Daniel and I hope you find a club soon.

same 👍

22 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Take it Robbie will be bringing in his own staff?  Anyone itk?

He is the cheap option, he’ll be told to work with what’s there already imo.

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Can't disagree with that, this time around I'd like his sides to be more on the front foot.

But no one supports Hearts because they are looking for pretty football.

Fully agree Liam. A good manager will adapt his style depending on the opponent. I’m sure Robbie will have a style he wants to play but will tweak it depending on the opposition. If they stay, he’s got some quality attacking players, I’m sure he’ll look to benefit from that. 

complete control
15 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

surely we canny play in that. they called the season over no ?

maroonedinoz
2 minutes ago, complete control said:

surely we canny play in that. they called the season over no ?

The SPFL called the league season over.

The SFA who run the Cup are keen for the semis and final to be played, as I understand it.

complete control
Just now, maroonedinoz said:

The SPFL called the league season over.

The SFA who run the Cup are keen for the semis and final to be played, as I understand it.

I know mate. would luv the club to tell them to ram it. they wont coz of the money and a likely ban the following year.

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

That should go for some fans, as well. 

I wonder if we will hear from the club today?

Will be interesting to hear what played out in regards Daniel Stendel.

Welcome back To Hearts Robbie. All the very best.

29 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

If he loses that there would indeed be carnage and I don't think he would every recover from it. I really, really hope he does a great job but I keep thinking if the cup restarted with Stendel in post I would be 95% certain we would beat Hibs and about 50% that we could beat Celtic (most likely) in the final. With Robbie I think it drops to 40% chance of beating Hibs and 10% against Celtic, just my gut feeling obviously but for a former player and one who can't have lost that many derbies, we never had a convincing Derby performance under him, too much of the "it's just another game" chat and setting up to neutralise the opposition. 

Ted Hastings

🎼 To the tune of bad moon rising 

We’ve got a stylish Robbie Neilson

A Scotsman who came from Dundee way
He’s brought in effective winning football

Let's hope he can keep the planes at bay

And we’ve got Scotland in a shock

Doncaster’s in the dock 

Neilson’s got us playing, we’re on the up 

Ill grab my jacket on the way out...

Neil Dongcaster
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Not expecting ‘good’ football. Just something more than diagonal balls upto Connor Sammon, Don Cowie running around pretending to want the ball and money spinning replays.

Ultimately if Robbie does what he done last time but beats Hibs he will be accepted by all the Hearts support. If he doesn’t dominate hibs we will never be you it’s behind him. 

10 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

What happened then? Surely someone can say what with Levein gone and Robbie being back?

C'mon!

Despite what Robbie said publicly he was fed up with Levein's suggestions as to how and who he might want to play. This came from someone I know that knows Robbie well.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, wavydavy said:

Despite what Robbie said publicly he was fed up with Levein's suggestions as to how and who he might want to play. This came from someone I know that knows Robbie well.

That doesn’t surprise me.

10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Not according to him. 

That may be what he claimed in public but I heard differently from someone who knows him well. No names for obvious reasons however it is an ex Hearts player.

Neil Dongcaster

Kickback spent years saying Levein wasn’t involved in the first team. All I’m reading lately is about how Robbie will be different now Levein is away. 

At first I was a wee bit unsure about it but having time to think about it I believe it's a good appointment. 

My reservations are that some of the issues that were questioned during his first tenure were being questioned by Dundee United fans - game management, style of football. Also I felt Stendel deserved another crack at it especially the fact he conceded his wage for a few months. 

While I still have some of these reservations, I think it's good appointment as he knows the club and is obviously someone Budges trusts. He also knows the leagues (premiership or championship depending). Got a feeling he will get a control of the dressing room. What I am really looking forward to is the better fitness levels of the player as it's been is disgrace for a couple of years. I think Shankland has spoken in the press how much fitter he is is after working with Neilson. Also the thought of McCann or Wright as our manager makes me ill. So the more I think about it the more excited I am getting about it.

Bring it on!

Interesting side note, for all those using MK Dons as a reference point. His win ration was 37.9% The only hearts manager (other than Robbie) to beat that since administration is Craig Levein with 39.62% 

He has been are only good manager since Sergio. 

I'm your fact checking cuz. 

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, sandyseymour said:

No such thing as a long term manager 

T Wright. 

Mcinnes? 

It's a little rare, but It does happen, Robbie could easily have see 4/5 years out, he'd been with us 2.5 years. 

Thecoffervandcplanescandcshitcmade sure he wasn't.