Robbie Neilson is back

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Mate he was murder and you know it, he couldn't tackle to save himself, he was a central midfield player and a average one at that, gomis covered his arse most times and pallardo too, Bauben was just a spare p**** on the park. 

As for Djoum he was never a defensive player either, guy always wanted to play on the front foot centrally he done damage very underrated in my opinion 

Just need to look at his involvement during this goal, guy always wanted and look comfortable playing in the centre of midfield 👍

Bauben was fantastic in 14/15 and good in 15/16. Even in 16/17 when he was more of a squad player we only lost 3 or 4 games with him in the team. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

Whether you like his style of play Robbie will win us more games than we lose. Looking at his record as a manager, in the Scottish game, is there anyone with a better track record outside big spending Celtic?? 

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bauben was fantastic in 14/15 and good in 15/16. Even in 16/17 when he was more of a squad player we only lost 3 or 4 games with him in the team. 

He was a bit part player because he was tam kite😂😂, couldn't lace Jimmy gomis boots. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ever present? He was injured in the February and the pairing of Pallardo and Gomis didn’t quite work as well. 

I thought he played more in 14/15 but you're right. Kudos to Neilson for covering for such an important player and not losing momentum. Bauben and Gomis were very good together. He was pretty much ever present in 15/16. Maybe that's why some folk don't like him, but we still rarely lost with him playing.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

True, but I don't remember any other manager being treated that way by a section of the support when we've had many, many worse managers.

Due to the timing of humanity's technological progress, many, many of those worse managers you recall weren't subjected to trial by internet.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

He was a bit part player because he was tame kite😂😂, couldn't lace Jimmy gomis boots. 

Take one part out and the whole thing falls apart. He played a very important part in our emergence from admin. Not every player scores 20 yard screamers all the time.

I've got to say I'm utterly gobsmacked at this news! It can only mean one thing ? We must be pretty sure that we are going to win the court case because no danger would we pay compensation if we didn't think we would win? And also i cant for a second imagine RN leaving DU to go back to the championship with us?

Promising times! I hope he is as successful as last time he managed here, he will get my 100% backing! Very good coach imo.

P.s feel a bit gutted for stendel but i think this is probably for the best tbh.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Mate he was murder and you know it, he couldn't tackle to save himself, he was a central midfield player and a average one at that, gomis covered his arse most times and pallardo too, Bauben was just a spare p**** on the park. 

As for Djoum he was never a defensive player either, guy always wanted to play on the front foot centrally he done damage very underrated in my opinion 

Just need to look at his involvement during this goal, guy always wanted and look comfortable playing in the centre of midfield 👍

He was useful our widewas my point, more away from home.
Three nil up against Motherwell at HT with Djoum a stand out in CM, Neilson/Levein put Bauben back at CM and Djoum wide. . Takes Bauben off, more to come on that, and moves Djoum back into the middle we score another three.

Bauben was caught on the ball far too easily in the top league, after 60 minutes he would be knackered, get his usual booking and get subbed. It happened nearly every home game. The girl in front of me loved him and was heartily sick of me moaning about him constantly. 
Before we took him he was a sub for Partick, but was a good signing for down below.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

He was a bit part player because he was tam kite😂😂, couldn't lace Jimmy gomis boots. 

Sheesh. Robbies a better manager than we thought!

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I thought he played more in 14/15 but you're right. Kudos to Neilson for covering for such an important player and not losing momentum. Bauben and Gomis were very good together. He was pretty much ever present in 15/16. Maybe that's why some folk don't like him, but we still rarely lost with him playing.

Great combo, always admired them at United and just what we needed in the Championship, not quite as good when we got back up though. Lovely guy too.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I've got to say I'm utterly gobsmacked at this news! It can only mean one thing ? We must be pretty sure that we are going to win the court case because no danger would we pay compensation if we didn't think we would win? And also i cant for a second imagine RN leaving DU to go back to the championship with us?

Promising times! I hope he is as successful as last time he managed here, he will get my 100% backing! Very good coach imo.

P.s feel a bit gutted for stendel but i think this is probably for the best tbh.

Yeah that’s how I’m feeling too. 

Just imagine we could get a decent manager who say has romped the most competitive championship in recent times . Got us into Europe and was challenging around top 3 . He’s then taken another side to within a bawhair of another title. 
seriously Pep and Jurgen have jobs . 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I’m changing my name to bring back Stendel 😜

10 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Whether you like his style of play Robbie will win us more games than we lose. Looking at his record as a manager, in the Scottish game, is there anyone with a better track record outside big spending Celtic?? 

Kind of agree. We’re probs in for a dull fest...but success being 3rd in the league and qrtr finalists in cups

Pasquale for King

These ****wits are going to be super-fit for once, hope Jamie Walker is filling their WhatsApp group with horror stories of 4 sessions a day 😍.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Aye in the championship 😂in the premiership with the rankers and the cabbage and ribs let's see how he does, 5 not renewing now, will make a one of donation to the FOH though. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Weakened Offender
26 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Once you accept that football fans are generally entitled fantasists then it's not baffling at all.

Christ, I agree with that 😕

26 minutes ago, JamboNation said:

Thinking Stendel was never on the cards for the the lower division , why pay top wages for a management team that would have probably jumped ship at the first opportunity to get out of the Scottish Championship ?

It that context  Budge has gone for a safe pair of hands at a time when she will need to be 100 percent focused on fighting the SPFL sharks.

We took months over the Levien , Stendel and Cathro appointments  this is decisive by comparison

There have been some tough lessons over the last few years but this is a season we cant afford to take a chance on .. I'll settle for the safe boring bet at this time 

Decisive is probably the perfect way to describe it. Robbie is a solid enough manager and she's obviously dealt with him before. 

I think for the upcoming season the last thing anyone wanted was for this to be rumbling away in the background. Robbie can get in crack the whip and make the changes he needs to make for the upcoming season. Hopefully by this time next week the SPFL will have folded and we're looking at a top flight season.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m changing my name to bring back Stendel 😜

I get that. I too was quite excited to see what Stendel could do. We need a change in Scottish football and fresh ideas. Hopefully in the future we can get a manager similar to Stendel. Right now though I'm happy Robbie is back we need someome that can stabalise the club and get us back to pushing for Europe.

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Aye in the championship 😂in the premiership with the rankers and the cabbage and ribs let's see how he does, 5 not renewing now, will make a one of donation to the FOH though. 

Your choice mate. It sucks that Stendel is gone but he couldn't get us out of 12th and that's why his contract was void. The reason he was able to walk was because he only won 2 league games.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I get that. I too was quite excited to see what Stendel could do. We need a change in Scottish football and fresh ideas. Hopefully in the future we can get a manager similar to Stendel. Right now though I'm happy Robbie is back we need someome that can stabalise the club and get us back to pushing for Europe.

He may return in the future, some similarities in the situations Sergio and Stendel found themselves in. I would like to see both return at some point in the future, maybe after Neilson succeeds and gets a big move. 

I never saw that appointment coming!!

Ann had hoped that Robbie N would have been her long term manager the 1st time round,

The witch hunt that descended on a manager who got us straight up to the premiership in what has been the toughest in years at an absolute canter followed by European place and sitting 2nd when he left i think is bizarre.

The witch hunt coupled with an offer in England made him leave earlier than he or AB had hoped. I have no doubt as soon as AB found out Robbie wanted to return she straight away sees him as the Long term manager she has alaways wanted. She doesnt want to changing manager every year. She wants someone to stay a build for many years. Robbie is who i believe  she sees as that man.

Its always good to have a Hearts man in charge especially when we are against it. The club need people who we can trust just now and although I had high hopes for Stendel I think this is a very clever appointment at a very unsettling time.

Some people see the appointment as a sign we have given up on Premiership football next season, I dont. I see it another way, I see it that Robbie wouldn't leave Dundee Utd a club more than capable of holding there own in the SPL to come to Hearts who potentailly wont kick a ball until October maybe later unless they have hopes of a resolution.

Whatever happens we all need to get behind him and get behind the team. Lets have patience and don't start the witch hunt the minute we lose a couple games. HHGH

6 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Your choice mate. It sucks that Stendel is gone but he couldn't get us out of 12th and that's why his contract was void. The reason he was able to walk was because he only won 2 league games.

Yeah totally agree just a shame Ann couldn't see past Craig damage was already done in my opinion. 

sandyseymour
13 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Ann had hoped that Robbie N would have been her long term manager the 1st time round,

The witch hunt that descended on a manager who got us straight up to the premiership in what has been the toughest in years at an absolute canter followed by European place and sitting 2nd when he left i think is bizarre.

The witch hunt coupled with an offer in England made him leave earlier than he or AB had hoped. I have no doubt as soon as AB found out Robbie wanted to return she straight away sees him as the Long term manager she has alaways wanted. She doesnt want to changing manager every year. She wants someone to stay a build for many years. Robbie is who i believe  she sees as that man.

Its always good to have a Hearts man in charge especially when we are against it. The club need people who we can trust just now and although I had high hopes for Stendel I think this is a very clever appointment at a very unsettling time.

Some people see the appointment as a sign we have given up on Premiership football next season, I dont. I see it another way, I see it that Robbie wouldn't leave Dundee Utd a club more than capable of holding there own in the SPL to come to Hearts who potentailly wont kick a ball until October maybe later unless they have hopes of a resolution.

Whatever happens we all need to get behind him and get behind the team. Lets have patience and don't start the witch hunt the minute we lose a couple games. HHGH

No such thing as a long term manager 

Tommy Walker
58 minutes ago, JamboNation said:

Thinking Stendel was never on the cards for the the lower division , why pay top wages for a management team that would have probably jumped ship at the first opportunity to get out of the Scottish Championship ?

It that context  Budge has gone for a safe pair of hands at a time when she will need to be 100 percent focused on fighting the SPFL sharks.

We took months over the Levien , Stendel and Cathro appointments  this is decisive by comparison

There have been some tough lessons over the last few years but this is a season we cant afford to take a chance on .. I'll settle for the safe boring bet at this time 

This

Tbh I wanted Stendel and I am pretty sad he won't be back but I get it. I am very happy with Neilson, yes he played some dull football at times but we won the most competitive championship ever at a canter, finished 3rd and were up in 2nd when he left, compared to what we've had since that's fantastic. Also very excited to see him without Levein's influence this time around and suspect he will be a fair bit more attacking.

J.T.F.Robertson
21 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

You're wasting your breath, he's always been shite and he's a loser.

This ****ing place, honestly.

Guest ToqueJambo

43 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😅 Of course not. You were writing a whopping cheque for 5 season tickets when we had a manager with a 29% win record (even worse in just league games) who showed no signs of improving. Actually, as his contract was void, you were going to get 5 STs when we had NO manager.

Now we have a manager who is proven in both the Championship and Premiership and you're ripping up the cheque. 

What could possibly be unbelievable about any of that?

:illogical:

I thought the weans had spiked my father's day cider. But it's true! 

That'll do me nicely. Great appointment. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

😅 Of course not. You were writing a whopping cheque for 5 season tickets when we had a manager with a 29% win record (even worse in just league games) who showed no signs of improving. Actually, as his contract was void, you were going to get 5 STs when we had NO manager.

Now we have a manager who is proven in both the Championship and Premiership and you're ripping up the cheque. 

What could possibly be unbelievable about any of that?

You do realise we didn't finish the season you absolute muppet! 😂 Proven in the premiership against who? Did he finish above Aberdeen nah 😂, the Rangers nope, Hibs erm 🤔nope. 

What's he won the championship 😂so did rangers and hibs, it's great when you can make an argument to suit mate eh 😉

Imagine getting your ass handed to you by Ach well you know, Stubbsy 😂makes you cringe eh, I suppose it's a great money spinner though please stop 😂😂

Edited by Bongo 1874

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You do realise we didn't finish the season you absolute muppet! 😂 Proven in the premiership against who? Did he finish above Aberdeen nah 😂, the Rangers nope, Hibs erm 🤔nope. 

What's he won the championship 😂so did rangers and hibs, it's great when you can make an argument to suit mate eh 😉

Imagine getting your ass handed to you by Ach well you know, Stubbsy 😂makes you cringe eh, I suppose it's a great money spinner though please stop 😂😂

Call me crazy, but I just like a manager who wins a lot more games than he loses.

Sad to see Stendel go as I wanted him from the start. I accept though that there was no real new manager bounce and he had long enough to get us a few extra wins. While Robbie will know the place and will stabilize us, regardless of which Division we are in, he is an incredibly divisive appointment. For various reasons, not many tears were shed when he left. 

Harry Potter
3 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

You're wasting your breath, he's always been shite and he's a loser.

This ****ing place, honestly.

KB is about opinions so thats how it is, and ftr im glad hes back..

So this thread has been ruined by some folk then 🤕🤪🤯😧

Im sure you could have selected many a thread from 3-5 years ago re those players/Tactics/Neilson so the rest of us didnt get caught up in you infantile chat...😤😔😫🤢

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

There’s a rumour that he left partly because if Craig leveIn. Any truth in that?

Yes.  Except the ‘ partly’ part.  

chuck berrys hairline

Welcome back Robbie! Never forget that night in Basle. What were you even doing shooting 👀😅😂🙌                  

:fth:

Edited by chuck berrys hairline

Had a chance to calm down a bit and sleep on it and feel a bit more positive now. Neilson knows the club inside out and what is required to win the championship. Levein is away now and won't be hanging over his shoulder. I'm willing to give it a chance. Loved Daniel and thought it would work after this break but it was all hypothetical. I felt elated when Daniel was appointed and for whatever reason it didn't work so shows what I know

5 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Great appointment. Hard working and dedicated and knows the club inside out 

Edited by Riccarton3

A_A wehatethehibs

Robbie Neilson back in the building, did not think it was possible. I felt we needed a Hearts connected man at the wheel, Hartley, McCann, Robbo, Pressley were touted. But when you look at the records, Neilson is the stand out, no question about it. 

Ann has gone with someone she trusts, gone with her gut and got her man decisively.

With Stendel, he gave his best but there was a bit of an unknown risk going into the championship, a potential that things could go wrong. Clearly Ann Budge could not accept that risk. May Neilson's reign be 10 years long, and laden with good memories just like his playing days and first spell as manager. 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

Austin MacGlee

Safe pair of hands no matter which league we're playing in. Not a time for risky appointments so I'm on board. Welcome back Robbie. Hope his derby record improves this time around though.

49 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Robbie Neilson back in the building, did not think it was possible. I felt we needed a Hearts connected man at the wheel, Hartley, McCann, Robbo, Pressley were touted. But when you look at the records, Neilson is the stand out, no question about it. 

Ann has gone with someone she trusts, gone with her gut and got her man decisively.

With Stendel, he gave his best but there was a bit of an unknown risk going into the championship, a potential that things could go wrong. Clearly Ann Budge could not accept that risk. May Neilson's reign be 10 years long, and laden with good memories just like his playing days and first spell as manager. 

If that was the choice, then Robbie is definitely the best option.  

OmiyaHearts

I overreacted and threw my toys out the pram yesterday. I've slept on it and now firmly on board with this signing. With potential Gordon signing and things looking grim for Hibs, things are looking up!

Nothing against Robbie and I wish him well, but what a waste of time and energy chasing Stendal for all that time.  I was looking forward to seeing how he could transform the club on a long term basis.  I honestly thought given time and a squad with a heart he could have been our Jurgen.

Thanks Daniel and I hope you find a club soon.

pettigrewsstylist
18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

At least it’ll please the media that Neilson got the job and not a Johnny Foreigner.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

16 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

At least it’ll please the media that Neilson got the job and not a Johnny Foreigner.

This is me. 

:pleasing:

17 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I overreacted and threw my toys out the pram yesterday. I've slept on it and now firmly on board with this signing. With potential Gordon signing and things looking grim for Hibs, things are looking up!

You’re not the only one tbf.