SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, Carl Fredrickson said:

Why are the Championships clubs being asked if they want to continue when L1 &L2 clubs had no say? I hope 9 clubs tell them to ram it but history suggests that we will get screwed again. 

The league has one clear favourite who is sitting top of table.

The rest aren't playing for anything.

About half not wanting to be bottom or play off place

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

LondonJambo1985

If you can’t afford to support yourself then you should not be a professional team.

I can only see a null and void and no promotion/relegation.

Shafted yet again. 

Question is, could this be the straw?!

Some will want us out of the league for next season and some will want any potential maroon pound next season.

Wonder what the voting structure is?

Take the number of planned weeks left and then add the weeks since the handout, divid £500k by that and ask for the balance back. Then see how keen they are to stop. 

Easy solution: Swap whichever Championship team doesn't want to play with Patrick.

Although they are asking if we want to suspend the league, it doesn't say it is a vote. Given League 1 and 2 were stopped without a vote, there is presumably nothing to stop the SFA suspending the Championship without a vote based on a couple of clubs saying they don't want to play.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Maple said:

Aren't we boycotting them already? How does a double boycott work?

Ffs if it happens and we are allowed back into grounds next season then nobody should go, quite simple really. 

2 minutes ago, Maple said:

There's a real danger the league will be voided and we'll start again in August. It's going to make new signings really difficult and hopefully GMS doesn't have a get out clause.

See here for an example.

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The new sky deal should be the reason to finish the season, or they will lose even more money if the don’t. The ****ing euros are the reason why they will say we have to be finished by a certain date. 

Restart after euros

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Dont ccount on it Bud.

There will still be some that go.

Not me though.............. I lifted up the drawbridge after the last shitfest.

Me too, I won’t even go to Leith if I can help it. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ffs if it happens and we are allowed back into grounds next season then nobody should go, quite simple really. 

You’re debating with vermin.

12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Correct. If they are calling for all football to be suspended then why just ask the championship clubs 

Maybe this is just the precursor to suspending the Prem too ?   Followed by complete cancellation due to time constraints.   No titles, no relegation, no promotion.       I'd guess there's a majority in both leagues who would go for this - utter bar stewards. 

Next question would be - is there a proper appetite for reconstruction in time for 21/22 season ?

Will  a Champ club actually admit to having requested a total suspension ?    Alloa would seem the likely suspect - but will we ever get to know ?

We only have to play 9 games between now and the end of the season to hit the 75% so even with a temporary stop we could get this done even if we didnt return till the end of March.

Edited by Jamboelite

3 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

Restart after euros

If we can’t finish the leagues we should be made to withdraw from the euros.

Leagues would be restarted as quick as a a flash. 

Craig Herbertson
3 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Why is it the SFA that are asking the question??is this not a matter for Dungcaster and his muppets at the SPFL??🙄

This is it. Where is the governance, the leadership. Why is this question being asked at all?

Edited by Craig Herbertson

If this is all about finding out opinions as claimed then surely they go to this club and ask them direct firstly...was the intention to close all football or just the championship (or did they mean that was their opinion before the other leagues were suspended ?)

If they say that is their opinion then have the courage of their convictions and tell us all

Have a debate but if you shut the championship then there is no reason for the top league to continue either

Just now, Craig Herbertson said:

This is it. Where is the governance, the leadership. Why is this querston being asked at all?

Time for a statement. 

11 minutes ago, jonesy said:

And some Hearts fans wanted to move on, forgive and forget, forge relationships, etc. These nefarious Celtic boaby dookers can't wait to twist the knife again.

Hope anyone who gave them tuppence for their stream tomorrow is happy with themselves.

Can’t say I’ve comes across many, if any, hearts fans who wanted to move on and forgive.

Edited by karipidis

Bret the Hitman Hearts
2 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

We only have to play 9 games between now and the end of the season to hit the 75% so even with a temporary stop we could get this done even if we didnt return till the end of March.

the 75% arbitrary figure is a myth

Guest ToqueJambo

We only have to play 9 games between now and the end of the season even with a temporary stop we could get this done if were didnt return till end of March.

My thoughts. It's completely unnecessary though. I'm fine with all football stopping and then restarting if deemed necessary, but we'd be the only country to do it now from what I can see. With a vaccine being distributed and knowing we can safely play football there's no reason for this at all other than clubs wanting to stop football because they're in a poor position in the league.

Edited by ToqueJambo

We only have to play 9 games between now and the end of the season even with a temporary stop we could get this done if were didnt return till end of March.

We have only played 10 league games.

south morocco
11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not really, what difference would that make?  We’ll still be top.  Might not matter though. 

Not really? The difference is we are HMFC and as a matter of pride we have to go there tomorrow and win? Weird statement 

5 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Why is it the SFA that are asking the question??is this not a matter for Dungcaster and his muppets at the SPFL??🙄

Trying to get me head round this, too.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

the 75% arbitrary figure is a myth

The 2/3rds played thing was given as the main justification for ending the league when it did. Not arbitrary at all. 

3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

This is what I'm holding on to.

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

I agree with this. 
But i can see a number of clubs not surviving, or at least being unable to run as semi-pro. 
I think covid will change football in Scotland  - just whether restructures will happen or things will have to fall apart first. 

Frank Sidebottom

What’s the criteria here for stoping the league? Will it take one/two/majority of teams to say they agree? 

Makes absolutely no sense when all are carrying out testing.  Will they be writing to the Premiership on the same basis?

Just now, Frank Sidebottom said:

What’s the criteria here for stoping the league? Will it take one/two/majority of teams to say they agree? 

Makes absolutely no sense when all are carrying out testing.  Will they be writing to the Premiership on the same basis?

That’s next. Celtic at the back of this using their puppets.

Yep. Deleting my post was what was required.

Let Hibs fans run riot. Let Hearts be slandered.

As long as moderator actions aren’t discussed. That’s the important thing here.

Pathetic. 

Fozzyonthefence
11 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Easy solution: Swap whichever Championship team doesn't want to play with Patrick.

Although they are asking if we want to suspend the league, it doesn't say it is a vote. Given League 1 and 2 were stopped without a vote, there is presumably nothing to stop the SFA suspending the Championship without a vote based on a couple of clubs saying they don't want to play.

But doesn’t Doncaster keep telling us it’s up to the clubs?!

6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Maybe this is just the precursor to suspending the Prem too ?   Followed by complete cancellation due to time constraints.   No titles, no relegation, no promotion.       I'd guess there's a majority in both leagues who would go for this - utter bar stewards. 

Next question would be - is there a proper appetite for reconstruction in time for 21/22 season ?

Will  a Champ club actually admit to having requested a total suspension ?    Alloa would seem the likely suspect - but will we ever get to know ?

Mulraney at Alloa is well ensconsed with the darkheid hierarchy......   just look at who he appointed as manager if you want any proof.

This is merely a pre cursor to Alloa staying in the Championship and the Premier being voided...... oh, and yet again we are the silver lining on their corrupt cloud.

Takeaway from Sportsound and Monotone Tony.

Clubs hadn't realised the Football JRG document on safety protocols 'trumped' general public guidance.

What can we do if we turn up at a hotel and they have seats closer together than the JRG document?

It's in the effing JRG document that you need to do a pre-review with the hotel to ensure it can comply with certain standards.

They have got v.lucky.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Frank Sidebottom said:

So many questions and hopefully a journalist will ask them. Tom English so far is the only one who seems willing to do his job the last year or so on this.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

My thoughts. It's completely unnecessary though. I'm fine with all football stopping and then restarting if deemed necessary, but we'd be the only country to do it now from what I can see. With a vaccine being distributed and knowing we can safely play football there's no reason for this at all other than clubs wanting to stop football because they're in a poor position in the league.

Unnecessary to stop due to COVID as guidelines have been agreed and can be followed. Unnecessary to stop due to cost of tests as they’re about 10% of the grant. Clubs already committed to a shorter league and should be honouring this commitment.   We really are such a joke when it comes to running the game,  just appalling. 

Bret the Hitman Hearts
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The 2/3rds played thing was given as the main justification for ending the league when it did. Not arbitrary at all. 

Show me it in the rule book and I will accept what you're saying.

Seems like someone in the championship wants their cake and eat it. Just got a 500k grant and possibly ride the furlough train until end of April. Ply games may and June 

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )