SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Just need the gov to come out and say the 500K has to be returned if they voluntarily stop now and that will nip this in the bud.

Yep. As a tax payer that’s exactly what I’ll be demanding. 
feking shambles. Has Celtic written all over this. I take it that arsehole Maxwell has written to the Premiership teams as well ?  

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

the 75% arbitrary figure is a myth

Indeed, merely a convenient figure for Doncaster to justify his actions last season. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Just need the gov to come out and say the 500K has to be returned if they voluntarily stop now and that will nip this in the bud.

Yes really simple solution to end this shit show. Unfortunately they all seem to want to shaft us time and time again. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

Show me it in the rule book and I will accept what you're saying.

That's the whole point. There's nothing in the rules. The SPFL failed to put in a plan for ending the league this season. It is however the precedent and it's how they justified ending the league at that point. If they change now, fine, but they will contradict themselves. All we heard back then was clubs that have played 2/3s of the games deserve to be promoted and get the title etc and null and void could not be an option after 75% of matches played.

Neil Doncaster said in his interview Prem and Championship are vital to the economics of the game. Few hours later it’s call the whole thing off. Why do only 10 members get a vote should not be every member.

7 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Mulraney at Alloa is well ensconsed with the darkheid hierarchy......   just look at who he appointed as manager if you want any proof.

This is merely a pre cursor to Alloa staying in the Championship and the Premier being voided...... oh, and yet again we are the silver lining on their corrupt cloud.

This was my first thought, hope we put the roasters to the bottom of the table tomorrow, sure Mulraney won't want to roll that dice.

Now is the time for a break away from this odious SPFL. I’m sure there at least 16 clubs that will be as sickened as we are with the thoroughly corrupt way that organisation and the SFA are behaving. 

WTF is going on here. Why doesn’t the club who have ‘publicly’ said it should be suspended (whoever they are) submit a proposal to the SPFL and it can be voted on. Surely that’s the procedure here and it would require an 8-2 majority. Why is the SFA writing to clubs in a league they have no jurisdiction over ? Or is it actually the JRG who have written to them. Is Maxwell in the JRG. Didn’t Doncaster not say less than 6 hours ago that there was no current or immediate threat to the top 2 leagues !!

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Neil Doncaster said in his interview Prem and Championship are vital to the economics of the game. Few hours later it’s call the whole thing off. Why do only 10 members get a vote should not be every member.

It's not even clear that it's an actual vote. It is clear it's a shambles though.

jamboinglasgow

I still dont get the justification for suspending the league. If it very important, surely you would look to stop games going on this weekend. But it waits till Monday. If you are following the L1 and L2 suspension timeframe then thats only 2 weeks suspension, what is that supposed to achieve? Is it for money, clubs dont want to pay for testing for 2 weeks. Is it for fear of an outbreak? Well that has bolted from Raith, 

I do think what should happen from all this is reconstruction and in the summer the Premiership expands to 14 teams (at least) as the danger for declaring the league null and void grows greater by the day.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

So all the teams that could be relegated vote for it. All the teams that won't be promoted vote for it. Basically all apart from us. 

I thought we had a case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport last year. We definitely would if this happens.

In the higher echelons of hampden the zoom meeting goes a head in attendance liewell, maxwell and dungcaster. 
PL " guys i need the heat taken off me"

IM " i know i'll get your lapdog mulraney to say lets go nil and void in the championship and those big bad jambo's will kick off"

PL " great idea, neil have you finished re writing the rule books"

Edited by Weebroon98

Smokescreen to cover Celtic missing out on Their TIAR due to COVID and also a chance to kick hearts....

Funding was provided, testing is required, covid rate has stabilised and should drop as a result of the stay at home position. 
we haven’t closed shops / bakers / bookshops / schools for key workers kids / etc so why football ? 

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Indeed, merely a convenient figure for Doncaster to justify his actions last season. 

75% comes from the UEFA requirements for games completed to qualify for their tournaments in the event of a league being called early, not that it matters a damn in the Championship.

MarkDevriesScores4

Why would the league be suspended? Teams have been provided with very generous funding to proceed, cases are low and there is literally no reason to suspend the league. 

maxwell should be sent packing for even suggesting it 

Frank Sidebottom

Maxwell said as recently as Monday that there was no threat to the Championship or premiership. What on earth has changed in the four days since then?

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

WTF is going on here. Why doesn’t the club who have ‘publicly’ said it should be suspended (whoever they are) submit a proposal to the SPFL and it can be voted on. Surely that’s the procedure here and it would require an 8-2 majority. Why is the SFA writing to clubs in a league they have no jurisdiction over ? Or is it actually the JRG who have written to them. Is Maxwell in the JRG. Didn’t Doncaster not say less than 6 hours ago that there was no current or immediate threat to the top 2 leagues !!

They'll get the votes they need. Will have sounded them out already I would imagine. 

31 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Walter Mitty

•  
  On 13/01/2021 at 16:02, Bongo 1874 said:

Heard a few clubs are pushing for null and void, wouldn't put it past them to be honest.

Ha ha ha these clubs should be named. 

The financial implications to clubs would be castrophic. If they think it makes a difference to Hearts it wont as we will be invited into the top league due to clubs going bust. 

Whatever you say chief 👍

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

They’re not getting a vote and there doesn’t need to be a vote. Leagues 1 and 2 have already been suspended without a vote and all 4 were suspended without a vote last season. 

3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Seems like someone in the championship wants their cake and eat it. Just got a 500k grant and possibly ride the furlough train until end of April. Ply games may and June 

Though clubs will likely be fine applying for the furlough scheme, it doesn't sit right that a business which is able to operate, and indeed has a privileged position to do so, can just shut up shop and get the government to cover 80% of their payroll.

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

So all the teams that could be relegated vote for it. All the teams that won't be promoted vote for it. Basically all apart from us. 

Surely it’s in the interest of the teams with promotion ambition to get this league finished and for us to be out of the league?  Otherwise it delays their chances for another year. 

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

But doesn’t Doncaster keep telling us it’s up to the clubs?!

Thinking about it, it is the SFA not the SPFL who made the decisions about the lower leagues and cup earlier in the week and them that are asking for views. This won't be going to a formal vote through the SPFL. Who knows what basis the SFA will use for making the decision, but no reason to believe it will be majority rules.

Just now, neilnunb said:

You can just imagine the laughter from Ann as she opened the letter/email.

**** off Maxwell. 🖕

There’s probably a fine Edinburgh crystal whisky glass embedded in her living room wall. 

Absolute feckin joke. 

"Professional football clubs", apparently. 

Championship clubs that cannot or, will not fulfil their fixtures because they cannot afford to test or for any other lame excuse, should forfeit their fixtures. 

Maxwell's a clown. His comments about Celtic sum that jakey looking muppet up, a clueless muppet 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, jr ewing said:

They'll get the votes they need. Will have sounded them out already I would imagine. 

I don't think it's a vote. I think the SFA/JRG plan to suspend the Championship and this is optics so they can say they "consulted" the clubs to avoid the backlash when they stopped L1/2.

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

Thinking about it, it is the SFA not the SPFL who made the decisions about the lower leagues and cup earlier in the week and them that are asking for views. This won't be going to a formal vote through the SPFL. Who knows what basis the SFA will use for making the decision, but no reason to believe it will be majority rules.

They are no longer fit for purpose - they quite simply don’t act in the best interests of either the clubs or the game generally. They all need sacked.

27 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ffs if it happens and we are allowed back into grounds next season then nobody should go, quite simple really. 

Maple is a Hibs fan, he doesn't even try to hide it. Best to ignore him 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We have only played 10 league games.

I think he means to play 75% of the games and can’t count. Not that it has anything to do with anything in the SFA/SPFL rules, just a myth made up last season to justify the decision. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

It’s a fecking outrage. Of course they are going to say suspend it. 

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I thought we had a case at the Court of Arbitration for Sport last year. We definitely would if this happens.

No we won't.

There is absolutely no justice in this rotten corrupt sport in our country. 

That is a firmly cemented fact from last Summer's shenanigans.

We could turn up with a cross on our backs at any court in the land and we would still get fed to the lions. 

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

75% of 27 is about 20 games. 10 to go.

Two thirds is 18, coincidentally every team plays each other twice.  After tomorrow only 7 to be played. 

Just now, TurboT said:

Maple is a Hibs fan, he doesn't even try to hide it. Best to ignore him 

You know it. I know it. 

Yet it ain’t picked up on by the biggest Hearts fan moderators the world has ever seen.

:rolleyes:

Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Surely it’s in the interest of the teams with promotion ambition to get this league finished and for us to be out of the league?  Otherwise it delays their chances for another year. 

His argument doesn't make any sense although nothing does tonight. 

colinmorewasgash
36 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It says that someone from one championship club says ALL football should be suspended. So Maxwell has asked him if they want the championship suspended?

Unbelievable but this maxwell is the clown who backed sellicks trip to dubai surprised him and mulraney didnt go with them even andy walker called it a joke another on petes payroll. Plenty of petes pals on the boards of gfa and spfl plus on diddy championship boardrooms in spfl too plus stliedown hubz sheep hamilton ross county etc to get null and void passed in long run. What better way to shaft us and sevco and safe face with the mhank fans. Hope nicola sends them all a bill fr 500k and wants the loans back if this happens.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Two thirds is 18, coincidentally every team plays each other twice.  After tomorrow only 7 to be played. 

Even better. Maths was never my strong point.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

75% comes from the UEFA requirements for games completed to qualify for their tournaments in the event of a league being called early, not that it matters a damn in the Championship.

I didn’t know that, however they played less than 75% (not by much admittedly) in the Dutch league yet Ajax and AZ were still allowed in the CL. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

By way of comparison, the Irish League was suspended for 3 weeks due to the peak in Norn Iron. It will restart.

The Irish League is semi-pro.

The Scottish leagues just make themselves look even more tinpot every day.

Out of the 4 divisions In the SPFL the SFA has only written to the teams of one of those divisions to ask if they want to suspend playing......

You gotta laugh.

Guest ToqueJambo

Let the PT clubs hibernate or whatever they want do and bring Falkirk and Partick into the Champ as clubs that can and want to actually play the game that is the reason for their existence. Give them Alloa and Arbroath's points or whatever. 

All of this reinforces what the best original solution for this season should have been - reconstruct with only teams confident of playing playing and the others mothballing with support.

Edited by ToqueJambo

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )