• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

1 minute ago, Salad Fingers said:

I wouldn't underestimate the influence of Levein in some of that, especially the signings. 

👌👌👌👌

gashauskis9

Can I also say that Neilson didn’t have anywhere near the playing resources that Cathro, Levein and Stendel had.  This time round, Neilson has experience from guys like Naismith, Smith and Berra.  

CloustonHMFC
Just now, the_jailer said:

he only won one in his last 9 games at united

Even the best managers can go through rough patches. He’s proven in the championship, exactly what we need right now if we don’t get to stay up. 

15 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Disappointed in that appointment. Bit of a kick in the balls after all the good work from the support over the last few weeks. 

I hadn't bought my ST yet, probably won't bother now.

Cheerio then.

The Natural Order

She's accepted we'll be in the Championship and has gone for a Championship Manager.

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Neilson will be a good option. As much advice I like Stendel, it’s a risk to see what he would try next season...but Neilson knows our league, will likely bring some decent players (Shankland fingers crossed!) and I  felt he had unfinished business with us. Brought us up after one season, already showed Hibs how to do promotion. Come home Robert 

Yea I’m sure he will just be able to bring along Shankland no problem :rofl:

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

People seem content we've appointed the manager who got knocked outof EL by Birkikara. The man who signed Sammon. The man who played Juanma wide left via Aberdeen.

The man who basically gave Hibs the scottish cup.

What goes through the head of people on our board? They get the fans onside with all the recent statements, then drop this on us. They really don't know much about football.

I kinda agree with this and I'm not blown away.  That said,   he was a young manager with us and you've got to think he has improved with his experiences at MK Dons and Dundee Utd.     He had us flying and playing on the front foot in his 1st season with us,   most importantly made a good transition to the SPL but was rough around the edges.  I'm willing to get behind him 100% - and we need stability over style for the next couple of years, whatever league we find ourselves in.

Absolute Scenes
Just now, gashauskis9 said:

Can I also say that Neilson didn’t have anywhere near the playing resources that Cathro, Levein and Stendel had.  This time round, Neilson has experience from guys like Naismith, Smith and Berra.  

Bang on

with a depleted squad from admin and Young players he utterly skooshed the championship 

10 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

We were excellent under him and have been absolutely shite since he left.  Yet it's a backward step to some??

Yes, like most clubs we do have some fans that find it a challenge to think clearly. 

8 minutes ago, complete control said:

Oshinwana Salmond Stockton  ?

He quite rightly Didn’t touch any of those 

Would be interesting to see Neilson post Levein but Stendel deserved that opportunity first.

Ann has galvanised a split support recently, this appointment could split it right down the middle again just like Levein did. 

Edited by Gambo

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

She's accepted we'll be in the Championship and has gone for a Championship Manager.

Explain, if you’re able to of course

Just now, Cigaro said:

Surely after the season we've just had the style argument is a non starter. Results please. 

There’s absolutely no reason why a club with our resources need to play in a boring and defensive style. I don’t think Neilson will play that way either. 

Kinda surprised by this. Can't argue with is record first time round, though. 

Feel a bit for Stendel, at times v Rangers, Hibs particularly it was very enjoyable and hinted at better times. 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Cigaro said:

Surely after the season we've just had the style argument is a non starter. Results please. 

This this this 👏👏👏

Style has got us nowhere. 

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Even the best managers can go through rough patches. He’s proven in the championship, exactly what we need right now if we don’t get to stay up. 

I just don’t rate him mate. I think the football will be dire to watch to. Hope I’m wrong tho 

jambogirlglasgow
1 minute ago, Cigaro said:

This

12 minutes ago, Takis51 said:

Neilson 100% finalised, welcome back Robbie. No better man for the job IMO

unless he's playing part time fishermen,  away from home or hibs Aye Right I can't believe this

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Would he interestong to see Neilson post Levein but Stendel deserved that opportunity first.

Ann has galvanised a split support recently, this appointment could split it right down the middle again just like Levein did. 

We where 2nd when he left....honestly it's been all downhill since then. Hes a far better manager now too. Hearts are in his blood 

Oneneilberry
Just now, Gambo said:

Would he interestong to see Neilson post Levein but Stendel deserved that opportunity first.

This sums it up perfectly..Hearts fans all fighting  the same cause and now just back to fighting

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

Neilson won the championship and is currently a premiership manager.  Not buying your point. 

heartsfc_fan
22 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I liked Stendel, hoped he would stay. 

Oh well, life goes on. 

Robbies record is fantastic chaps and chapesses. We won't get better. 

Exactly this.

Best wishes to Stendel.

Neilson is a perfect choice for us. Happy if it happens.

Should've never have left in the first place.

I thought Stendel was the wrong appointment at the time. Results under him have shown this to be correct.

Re-appointing Robbie Nelson makes perfect sense anyway you want to look at it and I don't understand why factions of our support would be against it. 

Cant we first get a sporting director or director off football who I don't know ? Knows something about football

10 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

People seem content we've appointed the manager who got knocked outof EL by Birkikara. The man who signed Sammon. The man who played Juanma wide left via Aberdeen.

The man who basically gave Hibs the scottish cup.

What goes through the head of people on our board? They get the fans onside with all the recent statements, then drop this on us. They really don't know much about football.

Judging by comments on here your views are shared by a pretty small minority. 

Hope he knows how to sign a good goalie - single biggest issue that impacted the whole team and left us bottom of the league.   CL's biggest failure.    

Official_AB
17 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Sporting Director candidates were each given 3 names for head coach, and rank in 1/2/3 order.

Sporting Director is in place. Signed. 

😉 

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

he only won one in his last 9 games at united

And??? He’s 14 points at the top 🤦‍♂️😂

Hope he knows how to sign a good goalie - single biggest issue that impacted the whole team and left us bottom of the league.   CL's biggest failure.    

1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

Kinda surprised by this. Can't argue with is record first time round, though. 

Feel a bit for Stendel, at times v Rangers, Hibs particularly it was very enjoyable and hinted at better times. 

Odd one with Stendel. Really want him to stay and be a success but can’t help feel that he’s told Budge he doesn’t want to live with the uncertainty of the situation? I don’t know. 

No one had heard a peep about this an hour ago and now everyone coming on saying it’s a done deal 

Can I join in? 

Its a done deal 

Neilson was clinging on to results previously but sometimes you can tell things aren’t right before you properly hit the skids.

Just like under Levein last year, you could tell we were about to drop from near the top to mid table obscurity.

And again, that end of season form was a pre-cursor for what happened this year.

The majority of those backing Neilson were blindly backing Levein until far too late too. Sleep walking towards it.

Holy shit, how good is it to talk about football again? :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

There will be different views on this.

I liked Stendel a lot but he just couldn’t get the results we needed. It was chaotic at times.

If Robbie is back I hope we can get behind him.

23 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Disappointed in that appointment. Bit of a kick in the balls after all the good work from the support over the last few weeks. 

I hadn't bought my ST yet, probably won't bother now.

You won’t be missed. 

gorgie rools
2 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

We where 2nd when he left....honestly it's been all downhill since then. Hes a far better manager now too. Hearts are in his blood 

This. Been a downward spiral.  Welcome home Robbie