Next manager.

Hans von Luck

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

Can't say I'm happy about this. Daniel was playing a style of football the fans enjoyed. It needed a little bit of adapting by could have gotten there IMO. 

Pretty disappointed if this is how it is going to end tbh. 

Yes, I just loved the performances in Perth, Paisley and Hamilton. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

ToadKiller Dog

So angry united who could well be one of those who want to kick us out ,are happy for us to speak to there successful manager ,doesn't make sense ,unless the Arabs really are skint 

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

I didn’t enjoy loosing or drawing games against utter shite.

The pattern was there all season. Players didn't have the spine. Unfortunate Daniel couldn't turn it around as the highs were nice - both Rangers games and Hibs. 

Ibrahim Tall

Curious to know how appointing Neilson would be a ‘backwards step‘ as some are saying? If anything ‘step back’ is for him, he left a club well established and stabilised in the top league and qualifying for Europe where not winning a trophy was a ‘failure’ and returned to an utter cluster **** that’s just got demoted despite one of the highest budgets in the league and a hugely bloated squad.

If it’s a ‘step back‘ it’s a step back to hopefully a better time.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

1st season: pissed chanpionship

2nd season 4th in first season back with half the wage bill we have today

3rd season: leaves when second.. 

lads, get a ****ing grip of yourselves.. look where we are.. we KNOW Robbie knows how to get the job done no matter what league we are in.. 

the right man at the right time.. 

personally enjoyed it until Levein got his negative paws on the team.

Agree on all of that.

11 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Rudi Skacel makes a return 😂

If only he was 10 years younger. 

Assistant manager? 

If this is true we need to get behind him. He's the last manager to actually have is at the level we expect, 3rd! 

gowestjambo
4 minutes ago, Independence said:

Top post. Too many trolls on here!

Too many Hears supporters who have a different opinion to others. That makes them Trolls? - I think you better look up the definition.....

In my opinion it is a backward step. You are entitled to think otherwise.

Just now, ToadKiller Dog said:

So angry united who could well be one of those who want to kick us out ,are happy for us to speak to there successful manager ,doesn't make sense ,unless the Arabs really are skint 

They are in real shit.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Yes, I just loved the performances in Perth, Paisley and Hamilton. 

And I loved the performances at Easter road and against Rangers. 

We were shite all season. Can hardly expect miracles midseason on the trajectory we were on. 

Greedy Jambo

Just reading some of the comments on the Dundee Utd Forum, does this one ring a bell?

As long as we get compo, not fussed, he was a negative bassa, and frustrated me at times. Just hope the jambos master plan fails, and he can torment the Dee for another season.

Other than Shankland, he's welcome to any of the players he signed.

Tommy Wright. Ten times the manager Neilston will ever be.

Was never a fan as most of you know, Tommy Wright for me please!

Edited by Space Pirate

Graeme Russell

Hope Robbie’s first signings are Shankland and Nesbit. Graig Gordon would be great also.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

lads, get a ****ing grip of yourselves.. look where we are.. we KNOW Robbie knows how to get the job done no matter what league we are in.. 

He was 3rd in his second season. 

11 minutes ago, campbell said:

Stendel was offered a position on reduced terms last week regardless of the league he would be managing in but the offer was too far off what he wanted so him and Ann decided to end it there and then so he could look for a new job, SD already lined up and was asked who he’d like in and he said Robbie! Plan was to make offer over weekend and negotiate it into next week In line with announcing SD however negotiating went quicker when Robbie told Utd he wanted to leave 

If this is the case and not doubting it then fair enough, just wonder why he is leaving United !!

Independence
5 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Please say this is a wind up..Just a big NO for me.....Everything wrong with this appointment if true. A real backward step.
Hearts know how to take the enjoyment away from you. Just when we were about to launch into the SPFL / Doncaster as well.

for you.......not for me. It would be a great appointment. Neilson Is a Hearts man and has had great success. He has made mistakes but knows the Scottish game inside out and has years of experience in management since he left. He is hungry for success with Hearts.

Just now, Dazo said:

I didn’t ask a question, it was a statement. 

Seemed like a question I’m not against him coming back and I appreciate we’ve not done what we should as a club since he left. Like I said, I don’t know what to think it’s a bit surprising 

weegiejambo8

I’m not sure if there is a separate thread for Craig Gordon, however I am told that he will be 100% coming back to Hearts. Reliable source 

Romped the championship with hobos and rangers in it, took us to 3rd in the league before he left. For those that chose to slag him off for being CLs puppet, crap football, no style etc, We will soon find out what kind of team Robbie will pick . In my opinion a good choice if DS has left . Let's at least get all fans behind the Club, owner, manager and team. Welcome back Robbie Neilson - Scottish Cup Winner!

8 minutes ago, jake said:

I was told Neilson had a few run ins with Levein over his interference.

I cant believe a few muppets drove him out.

What is your take on it ?

A doubling of his salary and a 30 month contract had a lot to do with it. 

Just now, i8hibsh said:

Levein is still involved. Of that I have no doubt.

Is he aye? Care to expand?

Shocked if this is true..

thought stendals football was good apart from the shocking defending...

wonder if Robbie really left because of LEVEIN and now he’s gone and believes he has unfinished business !!!!

Independence
3 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

yes they are really skint! Where have you been?

Are folk just pretending we were pish in the prem under Neilson now? Convenient to forget that we were 3rd straight after promotion winning 6-0 against Motherwell. The team actually took shots back then and had a bit of fitness about them. Would imagine Robbie has learnt a thing or two in his last couple of jobs too

Stendel had some great ideas, but the way we played against the so called lesser teams was extremely amateur. 

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Were we not third as rangers were still in the championship and only the sheep were above us.

Hmmn I'd take Neilson back if he gets us playing the way he did in his first 2 years. I felt he showed the dross in the top league too much respect though and became unnecessarily cautious...

Always felt Robbie was someone who could learn from mistakes though, unlike some who stubbornly stick to a losing formula.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Really disappointed when he left,  so I would have to be happy he is back. 

Seems strange given all that is going on 

Better than shite like Tommy Wright and McCann

Gutted for DS, will always have find memories of him. Robbie probably one of the better candidates out there at the min

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

His chipped balls forward from right back still annoy me to this day.

Worst crosser of a football I've ever seen.

But, it's a manager we're after.

Fitzroy Pointon
2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Just reading some of the comments on the Dundee Utd Forum, does this one ring a bell?

As long as we get compo, not fussed, he was a negative bassa, and frustrated me at times. Just hope the jambos master plan fails, and he can torment the Dee for another season.

Other than Shankland, he's welcome to any of the players he signed.

Tommy Wright. Ten times the manager Neilston will ever be.

Yip. 

They have absolutely no reason to be bitter about things. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Spellczech said:

Hmmn I'd take Neilson back if he gets us playing the way he did in his first 2 years. I felt he showed the dross in the top league too much respect though and became unnecessarily cautious...

Always felt Robbie was someone who could learn from mistakes though, unlike some who stubbornly stick to a losing formula.

First job,  put it down to learning 

Everybody Loves Baz!
13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

So we have a few posters on here who are simply trolling or quite frankly short of a few thoughts

A manager who in his first season led us to promotion with matches to spare..24 points (and in a league with Rangers and Hibs)

Second season we finished 3rd and in Europe and were second when he left in part to the idiots and that plane stunt..yes if it was you. you are an idiot

He may not be my first choice but some of the posts so far Too predictable

I would imagine the new, as yet unnamed, sporting director has had big say in his appointment.

To those who  are still telling us Daniel is the man he had his chance and blew it

Oh and whilst it is great to beat Hibs I'd rather we tried to win the other matches as well..this season should be proof of that..winning 2 out of 3 yet bottom of the league..were you happy with that ?..if you are relegated who really cares about that

FTFY

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

On the brightside we can see a return to double sessions so the laughably poor fitness will be gone soon :)

Really gutted Stendel couldn't find a way to stay. 

And training for red cards. 

tynietigers

I just don’t get peoples disappointment the guy won the championship at a canter then gets 3rd and before he leaves we are sitting second 🤔 how many managers have managed that in a 2/3 spell with us ☺️

Just now, soonbe110 said:

And training for red cards. 

:D

Got to give Robbie credit for that one. Nail on the head with that odious creep of a ref. 

Hungry hippo
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Only thing I disagree about was our final position our return to the Premiership. We were third by a mile.

Edited by Hungry hippo

KyleLafferty
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Levein is still involved. Of that I have no doubt.

You haven’t been seen for long enough and you’ve reappeared again. Honestly the worst poster on this forum.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Seemed like a question I’m not against him coming back and I appreciate we’ve not done what we should as a club since he left. Like I said, I don’t know what to think it’s a bit surprising 

Definitely surprising and certainly something I didn’t consider but that doesn’t make it bad. Maybe Ann thinks compensation is going to be our win in court. Anyone better to get us out the championship ? I’m mildly pleased, I don’t see any negatives at the moment 

2 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Heard days ago Stendel was away Lockie will be number 2 👍

if that is true about locke, there should be no problem getting players up for derbies

tynietigers
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

100% agree with this 👍🏻

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

I’d put that down to inexperience at the time.  He played for a Hearts team in the 00s that regularly dropped their kegs and spread for the OF, so it probably made sense for him to be as cautious as a manager.  Watching them against Hibs in the cup last season, I saw enough to suggest that part of his character has been worked on. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

You haven’t been seen for long enough and you’ve reappeared again. Honestly the worst poster on this forum.

Easily

been here before
19 minutes ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Spoofers? 

Great word.

Im going into work tomorrow and will set aside some time to spend spoofing.

3 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Were we not third as rangers were still in the championship and only the sheep were above us.

Rangers were in the championship because we left them there!! 🤣

5 minutes ago, steve123 said:

If this is the case and not doubting it then fair enough, just wonder why he is leaving United !!

Because they are going down the pan or into a merger with the lot across the road. Won’t be a happy place whichever it is.