• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

gowestjambo
20 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Behave yourself. David Gray is responsible for Hibs winning the cup. 

2-0 up and cruising at Tynecastle. Then the tactical genius has us back defending on the 18 yard line. The replay was even worse, when we were woeful. Never mind it was a Moneyspinner.......

Neil Dongcaster
Just now, BelgeJambo said:

I do hope he has worked out how to motivate a team for a derby match

This.

3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Hope he knows how to sign a good goalie - single biggest issue that impacted the whole team and left us bottom of the league.   CL's biggest failure.    

Gordon is coming home.

7 minutes ago, Cigaro said:

Surely after the season we've just had the style argument is a non starter. Results please. 

You would have thought. :lol:

letsmakesomenoise

This is gonna seriously piss off DUFC even more!  Pleasing!

Edited by letsmakesomenoise

2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

And??? He’s 14 points at the top 🤦‍♂️😂

Ordinarily the team in second wouldn’t have as few as 45 pts to allow a team to run away with the league.

The Utd squad is so strong for that league and to only win 18 out of 28 isn’t massively impressive.

gashauskis9
5 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Kinda surprised by this. Can't argue with is record first time round, though. 

Feel a bit for Stendel, at times v Rangers, Hibs particularly it was very enjoyable and hinted at better times. 

It’s too easy to get sentimental with Stendel, but you’ve just mentioned the only two teams he could beat in the league.  Reality is, we need a manager who can beat the other teams.  You don’t get into the top 6 by beating Hibs and Rangers twice a season, you get in the top 6 by beating the bottom 6.

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Exactly. More of a winner than anyone we’ve had since. Hibs and Birkikara results were disappointing, but should need considered blips in otherwise good spell. 

Absolutely right 

it pisses me off that those two results are all he is remembered for. Gave me one of the best seasons I’ve ever witnessed as a hearts fan, and knew a good player (and obviously had his few bad ones too..)

sensible choice

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Hope he knows how to sign a good goalie - single biggest issue that impacted the whole team and left us bottom of the league.   CL's biggest failure.    

He will bring the Swiss goalie from united with him. Always impressed me when United were on the television this season.

3 minutes ago, teamof1958 said:

I thought Stendel was the wrong appointment at the time. Results under him have shown this to be correct.

Re-appointing Robbie Nelson makes perfect sense anyway you want to look at it and I don't understand why factions of our support would be against it. 

I would of liked stendel to stay 

and al hold my hands up i was one of the ones wanting Robbie out the last time I thought we could do better I was 100 % wrong and will back Robbie all the way if he comes back 

1 minute ago, Pilmuir said:

Gordon is coming home.

I'd take that.   Would have been (very conservatively) 10 points better of last season.

1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

2-0 up and cruising at Tynecastle. Then the tactical genius has us back defending on the 18 yard line. The replay was even worse, when we were woeful. Never mind it was a Moneyspinner.......

Sadly you are spot on. 

Wow! Never saw that coming. Bitterly disappointed if I’m honest. I really liked Stendel and thought we should’ve given him time. Maybe the money wasn’t right for him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Ordinarily the team in second wouldn’t have as few as 45 pts to allow a team to run away with the league.

The Utd squad is so strong for that league and to only win 18 out of 28 isn’t massively impressive.

But they’re still 14 points ahead though? It’s definitely not as strong as our team was. They only really have McMullan and Shankland

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, gowestjambo said:

Let's not rewrite history just to get your dig in. 

24 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Sporting Director candidates were each given 3 names for head coach, and rank in 1/2/3 order.

Sporting Director is in place. Signed. 

When is that to be announced?

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

All about opinions. Huge step forward in my opinion. 

I look forward to us shutting up shop with 60 minutes to go holding onto a one nil lead. I look forward to us treating the derby as “just another” game. I hope that was the Levein effect. If it turns out to be true, he’ll get my backing regardless of my disappointment. 

Neilson left because of Levein.

Not a few muppets who hired a plane.

Anyway is the Takis Fyssas rumour true as sporting director?

What a great appointment to split the fan base, just when we looked united for the first time in a long time

gowestjambo
24 minutes ago, Independence said:

The hearts players who allowed H1b5 to get the better of us let H1b5 win the Scottish Cup. Not Neilson. Get over it. I couldn't care less. Oh wait let's get a plane = total embarrassment!

The Hearts players allowed hibs to win the Cup?  We were strolling the game when Neilson decided to put up shop and defend far too deep. He then was responsible for one of the worst ever performances at Easter Road. Maybe you have forgot - it is the managers job to organise and motivate the team. Something he failed spectacularly in two cup ties.

2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Sadly you are spot on. 

If you want to dig ip the past....what about that tackle.....and we won the cup

One things is for sure - this has really split us on KB - I really hope we've learnt our lessons from last season and now more than ever, we get behind the manager and the team on good days and bad.     We need that siege mentality that's been building strongly on here over recent weeks.  Let's get the Hearts back that we know and love! FTH!

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

half the team could hardly walk towards the end of that game. That's why it was a draw. We were all over them before hibs kicked the shit out of us. 

They did nothing of the sort 😂😂

mans absolute clanger from Alexander and a school boy scramble got them out of jail that day

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

But they’re still 14 points ahead though? It’s definitely not as strong as our team was. They only really have McMullan and Shankland

They’ve spent a comparative fortune to get up as shown by the financial issues being talked about right now.

Just now, gowestjambo said:

The Hearts players allowed hibs to win the Cup?  We were strolling the game when Neilson decided to put up shop and defend far too deep. He then was responsible for one of the worst ever performances at Easter Road. Maybe you have forgot - it is the managers job to organise and motivate the team. Something he failed spectacularly in two cup ties.

Wrong...it was rangers they beat to win the cup

Fitzroy Pointon
2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Wow! Never saw that coming. Bitterly disappointed if I’m honest. I really liked Stendel and thought we should’ve given him time. Maybe the money wasn’t right for him 🤷🏻‍♂️

I really don't think Stendal's style would suit the Championship (if we end up there). A league of mostly cloggers. 

Just now, chrisyboy7 said:

If you want to dig ip the past....what about that tackle.....and we won the cup

We are all entitled to opinions. And yes you are correct what a tackle that was. 

2 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

Players have received an email from hr confirming Neilson return. 

How do you know that? 

25 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

How is it not? He didn’t have to refuse to take a wage from the club & going by his interview during the week he wanted to stay. Now, we’re paying money to Dundee Utd as compensation & what happens if we win the court case & not relegated. DS is still under contract

Wasn't Stendel's contract clause triggered the moment we were "relegated"?

Who knows how long it will be to get a date for the court case, and it is better to have a manager who is committed to us no matter what division we are in.  We need a manager who is here and working to prepare for next season, and players are supposed to return to training for the premier league shortly.

We have had a bit of a mare with managers since Neilson left, and if we are in the Championship we need someone who knows what is required to get us out of it.  I don't think Stendel is that man.

1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

How long does he have left on his deal at Utd? He can't be free. 

Sure he signed until 2022

The folk who only care about derbies won't be best pleased. He's shown at Dundee United that his hearts league success wasn't a fluke. The man knows what he wants and puts a huge emphasis on fitness and taking shots. Welcome back Robbie

5 minutes ago, jake said:

Neilson left because of Levein.

Not a few muppets who hired a plane.

Anyway is the Takis Fyssas rumour true as sporting director?

I hope that’s true. From what I know, it had nothing to do with Levein but am hoping to be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

If we were mid table in the premiership I'd agree with you but we're not. Stendel is too much of a risk, he's been a manager for 100 games or so in his entire career and didn't do a great deal in the 4 months he managed us, apart from completely change the way he wants his team set up. 

Just too risky for me.

I would just like to see what he could’ve done with his own players 👍🏻

Fitzroy Pointon
1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

why THE **** is he up for coming back here :lol:

As a Hearts man I'm sure the pull of the Hearts job would be too much for you to resist. 

I expect he's the same :jjyay: