Next manager.

Hans von Luck

Arab_1988 said:Today 04:58 PM

Hearts in for Neilson

Can’t say i’m overly bothered if the replacement was good. He done what was needed regarding promotion but the football wasn’t great. Levein back would be my pick if this was to go through
ballumbie_arab said:Today 05:19 PM
As long as we get compo, not fussed, he was a negative bassa, and frustrated me at times. Just hope the jambos master plan fails, and he can torment the Dee for another season

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

maroonsgotop
7 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

half the team could hardly walk towards the end of that game. That's why it was a draw. We were all over them before hibs kicked the shit out of us. 

correct. Bartley should have been red carded at the start of the 2nd half for an over the top foul on Djoum and we ended up with only 9 fit players on the park plus Sow was out having just been transferred. Replay was garbage mind you

If it happens it happens, there is a more important issue going on just now.

thats my last comment on this thread 😃🇱🇻

Governor Tarkin
25 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

You mean SHITE APPOINTMENT?

I mean uninspiring appointment.

At least it will be interesting to see how he does without Lhevein in his ear. 

Unless that is that special advisor Lhevein is still actually in his ear.

Oh well.

Just now, D4nny_ said:

Sure he signed until 2022

So if true then compensation coming Utd way. We obviously are not skint then. 

I was not convinced Stendal was the right man to take us forward and would have been surprised to see him still employed with Hearts either in the Premiership or Championship. No hard feelings towards him, did not workout for him at Hearts.

I can't say I am overly impressed with the appointment of Neilson should it happen. If he can replicate the football played in Championship sesason in anyway and make some decent signings, he may go a long way to convincing the doubters that he is the right man to take us back to where we belong.

7 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

If you want to dig ip the past....what about that tackle.....and we won the cup

And his pen in the shootout and his goal in Basel?  

The Natural Order
3 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Neilson won the championship and is currently a premiership manager.  Not buying your point. 

He hasn't been in the Premiership with United yet has he so that's irrelevant. She's simply picked a Manager who has won the Championship easily twice in the hope that he does it a third time and gets us up at the first attempt. He will also have more current knowledge of Championship players and clubs. He'll cost less in wages and will be happy to work with a smaller budget.

Now, as a Championship club all that is a fair enough way to go but let's not pretend that this is some sort of forward thinking appointment designed to drive us up the Premiership. It's not.

Fitzroy Pointon
Just now, the_jailer said:
Arab_1988 said:Today 04:58 PM

Hearts in for Neilson

Can’t say i’m overly bothered if the replacement was good. He done what was needed regarding promotion but the football wasn’t great. Levein back would be my pick if this was to go through
ballumbie_arab said:Today 05:19 PM
As long as we get compo, not fussed, he was a negative bassa, and frustrated me at times. Just hope the jambos master plan fails, and he can torment the Dee for another season

They were all over FB half an hour ago laughing that it would be rejected. 

Now they're not bothered. Football fans are a fickle bunch. 

I was not convinced Stendal was the right man to take us forward and would have been surprised to see him still employed with Hearts either in the Premiership or Championship. No hard feelings towards him, did not workout for him at Hearts.

I can't say I am overly impressed with the appointment of Neilson should it happen. If he can replicate the football played in Championship sesason in anyway and make some decent signings, he may go a long way to convincing the doubters that he is the right man to take us back to where we belong.

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

The folk who only care about derbies won't be best pleased. He's shown at Dundee United that his hearts league success wasn't a fluke. The man knows what he wants and puts a huge emphasis on fitness and taking shots. Welcome back Robbie

No really, he out spent the rest of the league by a considerable margin. 

11 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

I would of liked stendel to stay 

and al hold my hands up i was one of the ones wanting Robbie out the last time I thought we could do better I was 100 % wrong and will back Robbie all the way if he comes back 

👍 great attitude. 

Just now, Space Pirate said:

No really, he out spent the rest of the league by a considerable margin. 

Sounds like cathro/levein

Independence
8 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

We are all entitled to opinions. And yes you are correct what a tackle that was. 

best tackle ever to win Hearts the Scottish Cup.

Liked Neilson but wanted Stendel to stay. Seems style of play wasn’t great at United and they relied heavily on Shankland. A bit ‘meh’ about this. But then again, I was excited about Cathro. 

Edited by karipidis

Thought Police
12 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Wow! Never saw that coming. Bitterly disappointed if I’m honest. I really liked Stendel and thought we should’ve given him time. Maybe the money wasn’t right for him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Anyone else wins 2 in 14 and they’d have been chased

14 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

Gordon is coming home.

And Neil Alexander in as goalkeeping coach but also named as a player in case cover is required... 

Anyone that does not think this is a good appointment (if confirmed) is very hard to understand. 

22 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

She's accepted we'll be in the Championship and has gone for a Championship Manager.

Finished 3rd in the premiership and had us sitting second before he was hounded out.  Never came close to repeating that after he left.  He'll do for me, unfinished business.

Silvery_Moon

Feels like when John Mcglynn was appointed. Totally underwhelmed by this. 

Crap Derby record. Crap Cup record. A cup semi v Hibs looming. 

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, The Merse said:

They’ve spent a comparative fortune to get up as shown by the financial issues being talked about right now.

Fair enough but i don’t want to nit pick away at the colour of the grass, he’s still “won” his league 

I get it that folk have different opinions BUT..

At a time when the entire game is against us and we absolutely need to find another level of steel to ram it back up then all, to make a noise like never before and to to underline the fact that our support can stick to our club like no others... I can not believe (or can I?!)  that some folk are considering not renewing season tickets etc because of this. Unless our club do EVERYTHING how you’d prefer it folk start ditching us and crying about it. By all means have opinions that differ but we need fans to stick behind the team. It’s Hearts against the rest right now! Only two sides to pick; with us or against us! 

Clerry Jambo
Robbie Neilson going (back) to Hearts is dramatic given what’s going on in Scottish football right now. Hearts faffed about for an age when getting Stendel. This has happened in the relative blink of an eye. Neilson a good bet to weed out the spoofers in that dressing room

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

If it happens it happens, there is a more important issue going on just now.

thats my last comment on this thread 😃🇱🇻

Haha youll be back mate. I am gonna wait on hearts letting us know. This may be shit.

mellors1874
31 minutes ago, scotty2442 said:

I’m sorry but apart from the promotion season the football we played under Robbie was absolutely turgid

well said mate football was making my eyes bleed 

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Independence said:

Nope

David Weir on Porrini in 1998.

Much more vital. In injury time. Rangers equalise and we probably lose.

mellors1874
1 minute ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Feels like when John Mcglynn was appointed. Totally underwhelmed by this. 

Crap Derby record. Crap Cup record. A cup semi v Hibs looming. 

agree 100% with all you have said I'm gutted with this appointment 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I really like Stendel and was desperate for it to work out but he did have a couple of annoying quirks. I could never shake the feeling that he wasn't 100% sure he wanted to be here. Also, it was a wee bit annoying how he preached about gegenpress like we were all Neanderthals and then he couldn't stop shipping 3 goals a game to shite like Killie and St Johnstone. 

Anyway, good luck to the guy. Could have been different. Top fella too. 

1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Fair enough but i don’t want to nit pick away at the colour of the grass, he’s still “won” his league 

Always think it’s worth looking beyond the stats though.

Anyway, my view is not going to change. I’m highly disappointed by this appointment but hope to be proven wrong.

Independence
Just now, SectionDJambo said:

Nope

David Weir on Porrini in 1998.

Much more vital. In injury time. Rangers equalise and we probably lose.

Okay happy to be trumped. Let's just say both were great tackles?

Was hoping for a time when all fans would be happy. Neilson then cathro then levein then Neilson. Seems there will always be somebody in charge that get some angry.

2 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Anyone else wins 2 in 14 and they’d have been chased

Like I say, I’d like to have seen what he could’ve achieved with his own choice of players. I guess we’ll never know 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, 77Mackay77 said:

And Neil Alexander in as goalkeeping coach but also named as a player in case cover is required... 

Anyone that does not think this is a good appointment (if confirmed) is very hard to understand. 

Gallagher just signed a new contract so I doubt the Alexander story. Gordon back as  player and Eventually keeper coach. Harry S to replace Gordon in couple of years time. 

Captain Canada
1 minute ago, Barack said:

2020 is a ****ing topper.

Pandemics 

Floods

Recessions

Hearts taking everyone to court.

Robbie Neilson returns to Hearts.

Genuinely don't know what's happening next.

Levein to Tannadice? 

Howdy Doody Jambo
Just now, jonesy said:

Skacel’s 3rd spell... and 3rd cup. 

It's a funny old game, that would do

3 minutes ago, rmreido said:

What would happen if we are reinstated to premier league, Stendel would still be under contract...no!!!

No.  But we also have a break clause regardless of league. Assume it’s been triggered. 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, RudiIsGod said:

Is this a pisstake? The same Robbie Neilson we wanted rid of? 

So it was your plane then? 

gashauskis9
7 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

He hasn't been in the Premiership with United yet has he so that's irrelevant. She's simply picked a Manager who has won the Championship easily twice in the hope that he does it a third time and gets us up at the first attempt. He will also have more current knowledge of Championship players and clubs. He'll cost less in wages and will be happy to work with a smaller budget.

Now, as a Championship club all that is a fair enough way to go but let's not pretend that this is some sort of forward thinking appointment designed to drive us up the Premiership. It's not.

Seemed to be comfortable with the Premiership last time.  

vlad on the tyne
3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:
Robbie Neilson going (back) to Hearts is dramatic given what’s going on in Scottish football right now. Hearts faffed about for an age when getting Stendel. This has happened in the relative blink of an eye. Neilson a good bet to weed out the spoofers in that dressing room

Spoofers? 

10 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Sure he signed until 2022

I seem to remember that there were talks, but not sure if he actually signed it. 

5 minutes ago, Independence said:

David Weir 98, 4 mins into inury time?

2 minutes ago, RudiIsGod said:

Is this a pisstake? The same Robbie Neilson we wanted rid of? 

Who wanted rid of him? Teenagers?

Welcome back Robbie.

Edited by Pans Jambo

Fitzroy Pointon
Just now, rmreido said:

Have many forgotten about the flyover tynecastle, with "Neilson Out"......!

No.