• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

fabienleclerq

After the absolute shit show since he left I can't believe folk are turning their noses up at Neilson. 

5 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Not only is it a dreadful appointment, it’s a ****ing dreadful way to treat Daniel Stendel. 

I didn’t particularly chase Robbie away last time but I wasn’t too sad to see him go. But in times where the players have taken wage cuts & DS taking no wages, we’re potentially paying money to bring him back is madness. 

In what way is it a dreadful wway to treat Stendel?  He is technically a free agent due to a clause in his contract over relegation.

I am not fussed over Stendel leaving - he was very slow to react to the situation we were in and continued to play a liability in goals who was chucking them into the net and costing us the points.

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Boring football, in your opinion, but always in top 3 of league when managing Hearts. I’ll take that instead of bottom of league and that’s what we have had under Cathro, Levein and Stendel. 

Absolutely done well the last time. Not sure why so many fans like to slate him. We would be in a far better position had he not been hounded out last time.

Tommy Brown
4 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

His chipped balls forward from right back still annoy me to this day.

Your lucky they never hit you in the Wheatfield.

I want to see Stendel do well for us.

If this happens, I will accept it.

Hopefully, he has learned from previous mistakes.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Walter Bishop

Robbie Neilson without Levein had us playing some great stuff. When Levein intervened we started to play shite. 

Strange one, but could be worse. 

1 minute ago, scotty2442 said:

Awful appointment if true 

And a poor way to treat Stendel 

Stendel who had it put in his contract that he could leave if we got relegated? 

The Natural Order
Just now, Mirror said:

Levein as next Dundee UTD manager

May as well get him back to Tynecastle as Sporting Director if this is the road we're going down.

Fantastic news. I hope we move heaven and earth to get him back. I honestly didn't think we would try to get him so he wasn't someone i thought was a realistic possibility. 

I'd be delighted if we got him. 

Come home Robbie. ❤️

Rick Sanchez

So that's twice now Ann Budge has said Sporting Director before Head Coach and twice she's went the opposite way...

Berra than you

I do feel for Stendel here, don't think we have treated him well. I'm fully behind that appointment though. Barring 10 weeks under levein in 2018, since Robbie left we have barely been able to string 3 or 4 results together - never mind performances.

Sierra Delta

Not totally against the appointment, but agree it would've been nice to at least clarify the position with Stendel before apparently being on the verge of announcing a new manager

16 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Strange for the guy to return when the fans hounded him out...unless of course that was a lot of shite solely spouted by cretins.

I don’t think that is why he left. 

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

His chipped balls forward from right back still annoy me to this day.

Long throws were great though. He was the role model for Rory Delap!! 

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

After the absolute shit show since he left I can't believe folk are turning their noses up at Neilson. 

Agreed

merseyjambo

Going to be interesting if RN is indeed coming back.

I was happy with way he played up until that defeat by Aberdeen then something changed in him. He went more defensive in his style. Was that him or was there interference, who knows.

Hopefully it is year to year like it was previously 

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Not only is it a dreadful appointment, it’s a ****ing dreadful way to treat Daniel Stendel. 

I didn’t particularly chase Robbie away last time but I wasn’t too sad to see him go. But in times where the players have taken wage cuts & DS taking no wages, we’re potentially paying money to bring him back is madness. 

This. 
Really poor stuff from Budge. 

Just now, hughesie27 said:

Exactly. He his technically out of contract. 

3 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

This has got to be United getting their own back! FFS!

😂

you are aware how he done last time ?

Happy to have Neilson back. It was only the idiots that wanted him out last time. Hopefully the tits that stopped going because they were bored of being 2/3rd stop posting on social media as well as not going to games. 

Stendel is a good buzz for the fans, but lets not forget the results. Had Neilsons team picked the same points that Stendel has then he would be getting death threats (judging by some people on here).

Im excited for his return, might not be the best way R.E Stendel but he doesn't have a contract with us anymore, and I don't think he has enough knowledge of the leagues in scotland so that would be more of a risk IMO

been here before

Ill take Neilson over Stendal any day of the week.

At least Neilson has shown he's capable of acheiving something.

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

This isn’t budge appointing him, it’s the new sporting director.

mark Donaldson says interviews this week

We have been terrible in the main since Robbie left, when we were second in the league, and folk don't want him back?

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Who has publicly said he would be willing to renegotiate his contract and stay 

Quite gutted for Stendel, I would have loved to see how he got on with his own team.

Oh well, it's a safe option. 

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Stendel is a good buzz for the fans, but lets not forget the results. Had Neilsons team picked the same points that Stendel has then he would be getting death threats (judging by some people on here).

Im excited for his return, might not be the best way R.E Stendel but he doesn't have a contract with us anymore, and I don't think he has enough knowledge of the leagues in scotland so that would be more of a risk IMO

You heard anything re Weir?

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

So that's twice now Ann Budge has said Sporting Director before Head Coach and twice she's went the opposite way...

That is what I was thinking. Did she not say just last week that sporting director would be first? 

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Daily Record saying United have no intention of letting him leave?

It will come down to him and him alone.  It always does 

ford donald
4 minutes ago, Goodfella said:

Mark Donaldson on Twitter says done deal. DoF interviews this week. Donaldson has had exclusives from Neilson and Gordon before on Scarves around the Funnel so I believe him before any red top journalist.

Would take it as true if coming from MD. Could not have predicted this one,a real springer!

3 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

Not totally against the appointment, but agree it would've been nice to at least clarify the position with Stendel before apparently being on the verge of announcing a new manager

Can only assume she has told him thanks, but no thanks. Would have needed a 50-60% pay cut for it to make sense. He wasn’t going to come for that. We save a lot of money, get a good coach and don’t have to pay Stendels sidekicks. 

Rick Sanchez

Would be interesting to know if he dropped his skirt for MK Dons because he actually believed it was a decent gig, or to get away from Levein.

For all the posters saying this is a poor way to treat Daniel Stendel, fair comment but I would wait and see what the club says about that. It's not really our MO to screw people over so I would be surprised if he is not aware of what the club was doing. 

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

We both wanted that clause. 

A bit gutted.for Daniel, but we need this appointment to be a safe option and it is, very interested in who will be the Sporting Director

ford donald
Just now, kjc2006 said:

That is what I was thinking. Did she not say just last week that sporting director would be first? 

Women have a habit of changing their minds!