Next manager.

Hans von Luck

fabienleclerq

Stendal I presume wanted the relegation clause. He gets football and fans etc but we were ****ing awful tactically. 

We've got a diamond Robbie..... 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

mark Donaldson says interviews this week

I honestly don’t believe for one minute the incoming sporting director hasn’t agreed or wanted this. Would defeat the purpose 

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

So that's twice now Ann Budge has said Sporting Director before Head Coach and twice she's went the opposite way...

SD role could already be a done deal, just not announced. 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Steal Utd's manger

Stop Utd's promotion

Eventually leading to Utd's death

:clumshot:

:pleasing:

Consider the Hibs tribute act in tangerine served!

Independence
9 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Daily Record saying United have no intention of letting him leave?

...and the Record is always correct. A disgrace of a comic. I am sure D Utd dont want him to leave but as we all know money talks and D Utd need it in spades!

gashauskis9
Just now, soonbe110 said:

This.  Defo.  I don’t think Budge has made this move herself. 

Official_AB
1 minute ago, lou said:

A bit gutted.for Daniel, but we need this appointment to be a safe option and it is, very interested in who will be the Sporting Director

Davie Weir - Sporting Director 

😎

I liked Stendel, hoped he would stay. 

Oh well, life goes on. 

Robbies record is fantastic chaps and chapesses. We won't get better. 

Would certainly take Weir as DF.  Robbie,  feeling a bit 'meh' about it but he knows the club and results were good.   IF we are in the Championship though it would be a great appointment given what he achieved with us and D Utd.  He also has a FAR better sighing record the CL and it looks like he bought well at Utd.     Think he would stabilise us after a shocking period since he departed.   

Some of the most entertaining football I've seen us play was under Robbie in the championship. Same again please (if we don't stay up)

gowestjambo

The man responsible for hibs winning the Scottish Cup - no thanks!! Terrible decision if true. Who made this decision? It can only be Ann Budge, and she has demonstrated she knows nothing about Football.

Will we never learn? You would think there must be other Managers available who have no connection to Hearts!!

ford donald
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

It must be, if RN is coming in.

Find it hard to believe Dundee UTD would give us permission to speak to him given what’s going on.

Either way don’t think he would be a bad appointment irrespective of what league were in next season!

Just now, Official_AB said:

Davie Weir - Sporting Director 

😎

Not the first person that's said that. Could be. I'd be chuffed with that. Two cup winning legends. 

:glorious:

Quite chuffed with this appointment and very surprised at how quickly this has escalated.

Any folk raging about it must have very selective memories when thinking of Neilson. Romped the Championship last time out, third place finish first season back up? No way can we be turning our noses up at this. 

OmiyaHearts

Disappointed in that appointment. Bit of a kick in the balls after all the good work from the support over the last few weeks. 

I hadn't bought my ST yet, probably won't bother now.

Rick Sanchez

You'd have thought Snakey would pick Robbie, not Davie Weir. Wouldn't have thought Weir would be familiar with Robbie with working down south.

1 minute ago, MrBones said:

Some of the most entertaining football I've seen us play was under Robbie in the championship. Same again please (if we don't stay up)

Then it was shite when we got promoted 

If this goes through i for one think there is definitely a sporting director in place in everything bu an announcement. 
As long as it’s not a tall man with a fife accent who is never photographed without a hat, sunglasses, and an anti COVID face mask. 

Just now, ross1992 said:

Quite chuffed with this appointment and very surprised at how quickly this has escalated.

Any folk raging about it must have very selective memories when thinking of Neilson. Romped the Championship last time out, third place finish first season back up? No way can we be turning our noses up at this. 

Then left us in 2nd. 

Some fans must have forgotten how utterly shite we have been since he left. 

Will say it again, there's no one better out there for us than Sir Robbie. ❤️ 

logie green
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Steal Utd's manger

Stop Utd's promotion

Eventually leading to Utd's death

:clumshot:

tring tring... hi lawrence its me robbie

Independence
1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

The man responsible for hibs winning the Scottish Cup - no thanks!! Terrible decision if true. Who made this decision? It can only be Ann Budge, and she has demonstrated she knows nothing about Football.

Will we never learn? You would think there must be other Managers available who have no connection to Hearts!!

The hearts players who allowed H1b5 to get the better of us let H1b5 win the Scottish Cup. Not Neilson. Get over it. I couldn't care less. Oh wait let's get a plane = total embarrassment!

gordiegords

😵 Never seen this coming at all, my united mates said he was good for a while then brutal, wonder how he will be with us without Levein towering above him.......

CloustonHMFC
3 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Behave yourself. David Gray is responsible for Hibs winning the cup. 

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Disappointed in that appointment. Bit of a kick in the balls after all the good work from the support over the last few weeks. 

That's the spirit!

gashauskis9
2 minutes ago, Van Wilder said:

This could be shithousery of epic proportions if promotion for Utd is denied.

Robbie knows the score.  Utd took a gamble on Shankland and it’s cost them more than they can afford.  Delays to the start of the season and court costs will put them to the wall. I’m glad we could contribute. 

Tommy Brown

Quite different to the last manager appointment. (If true)

You know the process, the interviews with all and sundry.

At least AB has realised football doesn't work that way.

Thought Police
4 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Grow up.

Nelson will get 100% backing from me, didnt overly enjoy his football before but it was miles better than anything we have had since.

Buzzbomb1874

They say you shouldn’t go back but I think Robbie will say he left too soon and I honestly think he feels he has unfinished business. I think he felt smothered under Levein and his time down south will have improved him. He has shown at Hearts and United that he knows what it takes to win the championship and if that’s where we end up playing AB will want someone who knows the league and the teams there. With it being a shorter league season there will be no room for seeing where we are after the first round of fixtures . We will need to get the ground running. For that reason AB might have felt DS was too much of a gamble.

Sporting Director candidates were each given 3 names for head coach, and rank in 1/2/3 order.

Sporting Director is in place. Signed. 

Edited by dazajmbo

Holyrood_Hearts
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

In what way is it a dreadful wway to treat Stendel?  He is technically a free agent due to a clause in his contract over relegation.

I am not fussed over Stendel leaving - he was very slow to react to the situation we were in and continued to play a liability in goals who was chucking them into the net and costing us the points.

How is it not? He didn’t have to refuse to take a wage from the club & going by his interview during the week he wanted to stay. Now, we’re paying money to Dundee Utd as compensation & what happens if we win the court case & not relegated. DS is still under contract

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, gashauskis9 said:

Robbie knows the score.  Utd took a gamble on Shankland and it’s cost them more than they can afford.  Delays to the start of the season and court costs will put them to the wall. I’m glad we could contribute. 

:rofl:

complete control
3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Likewise. Our club never ceases to amaze me.

Holyrood_Hearts
Just now, dazajmbo said:

Sporting Director candidates were each given 3 names for head coach, and rank in 1/2/3 order.

Sporting Director is on the way up. Signed. 

Weir or Fyssas?

4 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Then it was shite when we got promoted 

We were 2nd when he left. We are bottom now. It's been shite since he left

Robbie's coming home! 

I thought he would be next manager weeks ago.

Have I missed confirmation that Daniel Stendel has left? 

Dundee United fans  will be upset to say the least ..

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Hibs will be delighted with that. Horrendous step backwards from the club. 

All about opinions. Huge step forward in my opinion. 

Rick Sanchez
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Sporting Director is in place. Signed. 

So not their choice...