Next manager.

Hans von Luck

18Jambo_dave74

I wouldn’t say I’m overly excited by this but can’t believe some people’s opinions on Neilson in relation to Stendel. 

Don’t get me wrong it’s Budge and Levein’s fault we are where we are but let’s not pretend Stendel has done a good job. Took far too long to sort the goalie situation out; playing with full backs way up the pitch and getting caught out with long punts up the pitch every time. Lost 3 goals away at St J and home to Killie. Lost 2 goals against Hamilton home and away. Barely registered a shot in a must win against St Mirren. I liked Stendel and was desperate for it to work but it wasn’t good enough. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

tynietigers
3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

You haven’t been seen for long enough and you’ve reappeared again. Honestly the worst poster on this forum.

Edit wrong person 👍🏻

Edited by tynietigers

Fluorescent Adolescent
52 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Yea I’m sure he will just be able to bring along Shankland no problem :rofl:

Given the apparent budget he has, I wouldn’t rule it out. Good source on that one. Can imagine where it’s coming from and it will dwarf the rest of the Championship combined. 😱

22 minutes ago, assessor said:

David Weir 98, 4 mins into inury time?

The 2 players that made 2 cup wins possible, return? 😱

On topic - tremendous trolling from Hearts here. Top ****in notch 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Edited by Fluorescent Adolescent

Of course it may not happen as Dundee United are unlikely to be happy at his departure..they've clearly not tried the plane flying over training with a banner trick yet

Unless Robbie makes it clear he wants to leave them it may not be as clear cut as the media are trying to present it as

United looking to cut their compensation bill to us perhaps ? 😜

Edited by CJGJ

HamishMcGonagall

It's a shame it's an appointment that could divide the support just at a time when we seemed to be at our most united.

Personally feel it's a shame stendel didn't get to give it a real go with some proper time to get his methods across but at the same time, you can't argue with Neilson's record in the championship with ourselves and dundee united.

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Heard days ago Stendel was away Lockie will be number 2 👍

That would sort the Derby games out i suppose. 

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Are folk just pretending we were pish in the prem under Neilson now? Convenient to forget that we were 3rd straight after promotion winning 6-0 against Motherwell. The team actually took shots back then and had a bit of fitness about them. Would imagine Robbie has learnt a thing or two in his last couple of jobs too

Stendel had some great ideas, but the way we played against the so called lesser teams was extremely amateur. 

That’s it on the head the way we have played the so called lesser teams has been shocking we get turned over a lot by teams we should be hammering they are 3 points the same as rangers Celtic or Hibs are 

Pasquale for King

Bit stunned to be honest, didn’t think he would leave United or that we would pay compensation. 

Paisley Jambo
5 minutes ago, king.Robbo said:

Shocked if this is true..

thought stendals football was good apart from the shocking defending...

wonder if Robbie really left because of LEVEIN and now he’s gone and believes he has unfinished business !!!!

Unfortunately defending a main part of the game so a main weakness.

I think it confirms Robbie left at first half decent offer due to Levein.

Glad to have him back.

Holyrood_Hearts
17 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Don’t know what to think either. He’s better than most of the names that were getting mentioned, Hartley, Pressley, McCann. That’s about all I can manage for now. 

Yeah very true actually 

Did not see that coming! Wow.

I voted for Neilson to go in the final poll before he signed for MK Dons. It did feel we had peaked with him, we had been embarrassed badly in Europe.

But the Levein factor is just too much to ignore. And look what Levein did when he had full control after Neilson left. Cathro, then he took control and fully sunk the ship.

So let's see what he can do in the Premiership with his own ideas. Things just didn't feel the same after the Championship, especially because Levein encouraged a spending spree rather than nurturing further what we had with the record breaking Championship title.

I'll give Robbie Neilson one thing, he's got a lot of guts. If anyone has any doubt about how wonderful a club Heart of Midlothian are, just think about all the players (and now managers) who are desperate to return. Tynecastle is the place to be.

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Definitely surprising and certainly something I didn’t consider but that doesn’t make it bad. Maybe Ann thinks compensation is going to be our win in court. Anyone better to get us out the championship ? I’m mildly pleased, I don’t see any negatives at the moment 

Aye I don’t think it’s a bad appointment. As I said, he’s much better than some of the candidates being mentioned so aye, onwards and upwards. 

As far as getting us out the championship, he’s won it twice so no arguments. 

Would rather have stuck with Stendel.  Neilson far better than McCann, Pressley or whoever, but still pretty underwhelmed.

colinmaroon
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Levein is still involved. Of that I have no doubt.

So our new sporting director has been bypassed and Neilsen couldn't wait to go when Levein was sporting director.

You dont have post a load of croffles.

Time for people to grow up,   back the club,   back the manager.

Very promising appointment of a proven manager.     Well pleased.

11 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Just reading some of the comments on the Dundee Utd Forum, does this one ring a bell?

As long as we get compo, not fussed, he was a negative bassa, and frustrated me at times. Just hope the jambos master plan fails, and he can torment the Dee for another season.

Other than Shankland, he's welcome to any of the players he signed.

Tommy Wright. Ten times the manager Neilston will ever be.

Just a hint of bitterness ?????

gashauskis9
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Dundee Utd have fought very hard to keep him.

He wouldn’t have stayed.  They’ll be in admin by the start of the season if the court case gets dragged out. 

Welcome back Robbie. 
Happy with that as Stendel was a bit shit 
Robbie is a safe choice and will stabilise the team. 

He knows Dundee Utd are not going to fare too well and can’t take them any further. 

No matter where we end up a very sensible move for him. 

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I often agree with you, but I am not sure here.   Levein was one of the reasons he left.  

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Time for people to grow up,   back the club,   back the manager.

Very promising appointment of a proven manager.     Well pleased.

certainly very interesting, never saw that coming.

Harry Potter
Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

United fans are really not bothered about him leaving.

aye the hard core of 5000 , who cares.

gashauskis9
12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Indeed he is involved.  Neilson has come back because Levein’s away.  Blatantly obvious that Levein was the reason he left in the first place.

Lochee Jambo
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Dundee Utd have fought very hard to keep him.

United owner told him that if he wanted to talk to Hearts he was finished at Tannadice as he only wants committed staff.

Greedy Jambo

I'm glad that we're being pro active and getting a manager in place but i do fear that it will be another 3 years of eye bleeding football.