They Can't Relegate Us (Legally)

JJ93

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Thing is that if you cast your eyes on the EPL ... how do you think that is going to be resolved  top and bottom? Surely we must parallel their situation ?

The SPFL will absolutely copy whatever the EPL do. They don’t have the wit or the conviction up here to decide things like this for themselves. Likewise the EFL, who just follow the EPL’s lead at all times.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

5 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Thing is that if you cast your eyes on the EPL ... how do you think that is going to be resolved  top and bottom? Surely we must parallel their situation ?

Two teams will go down with £100’ million going to the teams that go down.  Two will come up and they will scrap the playoff.  Norwich will probably take that as a bonus as they look doomed.  Villa seem to be in the same position if not worse than us.  If the EPL can do that to them the SPFL won’t hesitate in doing it here.  

Edited by Last Laff

Just now, Last Laff said:

Two teams will go down with £100’ million going to the teams that go down.  Two will come up and they will scrap the playoff. 

I really do doubt that to be honest... if you are a FC chairman would you even think about going into what is probably the most difficult league in Europe to get out of 100 million or not? That is why they get that sort of dosh they are saying goodbye to huge amounts reoccurring in the EPL

IveSeenTheLight
20 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Or if we find ourself bottom of the table.  If this was the sheep bottom we would probably have the same relaxed attitude of the sheep shagger.  How he gets away getting bites day after day though is another issue.  He’s obviously revelling in this. 

Not reveling in anything.

It's a unique scenario, no precedent is in place, 

There's no football going on, so its interesting to debate what might happen because lets face it, none of us know how this will pan out.

HillmanHearts
1 hour ago, stan said:

That's probably our best chance of getting a reasonable outcome. Quite a few of their bottom clubs are at risk of relegation if the season restarts there.

Agree with this.

Seems that there is a general aim to do the right thing in England regards this.

While there appears to be more of a self interest, almost vindictive, stance from many in the Scottish game just now, so maybe they could be led morally to the correct outcome by their English counterparts. 

1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

I really do doubt that to be honest... if you are a FC chairman would you even think about going into what is probably the most difficult league in Europe to get out of 100 million or not? That is why they get that sort of dosh they are saying goodbye to huge amounts reoccurring in the EPL

I’m not sure they would have much choice.  They would already get a massive parachute payment from going down, coupled by another £100m.  They could appeal of course but the EPL is pretty much a closed shop regardless.  Norwich would take it probably, Villa could appeal and we would probably follow suit to what they do.   League extension for all top leagues in Europe for one season only would of course solve this. 

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Not reveling in anything.

It's a unique scenario, no precedent is in place, 

There's no football going on, so its interesting to debate what might happen because lets face it, none of us know how this will pan out.

Can’t you jump on the Dundee Utd forum and discuss the merits of it all and how you hope they go up and hearts go down instead then?  I’m sure you’ll get a warmer welcome.  Or go on the sheep forum and blame McInness for the virus. 

Celtic are 13 pts ahead but Sevco have still 9 games to play.  The title cannot be awarded on that basis.

Hearts are 4 pts behind Accies and 6 pts behind Buddies and Staggies with 8 games to play.  Relegation cannot be decided on that basis.  The title and relegation cannot be decided on a whim.

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

You clearly are.

Yep quite pathetic how much he has been all over this thread.

37 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

why the mods haven’t launched him I don’t understand.  Revelling on an other clubs fans forum and yet he is still posting. 
This is an emotive issue and he should be nowhere near it as all he’s doing is fishing

The term is Schadenfreude

The Wrinkly Ninja

Scotland has 4 European places next season right?

Aberdeen then cannot get a Europa League spot as their place ( if the season is ended now ) would depend on Hearts or Hibs not winning the Scottish Cup.

3 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Celtic are 13 pts ahead but Sevco have still 9 games to play.  The title cannot be awarded on that basis.

Hearts are 4 pts behind Accies and 6 pts behind Buddies and Staggies with 8 games to play.  Relegation cannot be decided on that basis.  The title and relegation cannot be decided on a whim.

It will be if UEFA decide this to be the case.  It’s not right. But it’s looking more likely than before. 

40 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’d rather donate my semi ticket money directly to our club

And I.

1 minute ago, The Wrinkly Ninja said:

Scotland has 4 European places next season right?

Aberdeen then cannot get a Europa League spot as their place ( if the season is ended now ) would depend on Hearts or Hibs not winning the Scottish Cup.

If cups get postponed or suspended until the end of the year, then the extra place will be up to the SFA to decide.  If they are to send the club down there might be a case to give us that spot? 

The Wrinkly Ninja
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

If cups get postponed or suspended until the end of the year, then the extra place will be up to the SFA to decide.  If they are to send the club down there might be a case to give us that spot? 

If they give it to fourth in the league and relegate us. Not only are we down without playing a full round of games. We don’t get a euro spot if we win the cup!!!

In this scenario I would not attend the semi final or any away fixture in the championship. F em all. Hope they are all ruined.

Can’t be bothered reading all the sheep posts but it seeems to me that one compromise solution that would resolve nearly all of the issues from ending the season now is:

End leagues now and teams retain current position as final position, titles are awarded. Tbh Celtic, United, Cove, Brora and Kelty are all odds on to win their leagues at the moment. Only league 1 is tight. 

No relegation, two teams (Utd and ICT) promoted to 14 team SPFL for one season, four relegated, two up in season 2020/21

Same in lower leagues eg Falkirk and Raith promoted to Championship, no relegation from championship

Brora and Kelty join league 2 

Scottish cup semis and final played in Sept/Oct

As far as I can see this resolves most of the issues including player contracts which is a huge issue. Next season could be scheduled now for Aug 1 start with a review of this in mid June to determine when clubs can start pre-season. 
Only unhappy teams would be possibly Aberdeen if they miss out on Europe because Hearts or Hibs win cup though cup final could be too late for that anyway and Falkirk who will feel they could have won the League 1 title. Other than that can’t see any other issues.  Dundee and Ayr might bleat but a third or fourth placed championship team don’t usually come through the play-offs anyway. I’m sure I have missed some though and someone on here will put me right. 

Edited by soonbe110

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

It's not a solution as it rejects sporting integrity and natural justice. Funny how when Aberdeen were in the shit, they were saved by mid-season reconstruction. Something Hibs voted for to save their own skin too. Also we've seen Motherwell saved by league reconstruction.

Strange that when it's Hearts they are more than happy to send us down. It's fine for other clubs but no us, eh? ***** like Lawell & Petrie will be doing a Randy Marsh at getting away with relegating us. 

Not sure any of the things you say are related to this. 

Like it or not, unfortunately ending the league as is, is a solution. 

18 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

As I have said in a previous post, I do not think UEFA will be happy about the PL or SPL awarding the league title to a team who have not 'won' it! Simply because they would then need to award titles to Barcelona (Real Madrid -2), Juventus (Lazio -1) or Bayern (five teams -2/3). Just can't see them sanctioning this.

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Like it or not, unfortunately ending the league as is, is a solution. 

So is making this season void. More simple and straight forward.

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Reading further into the newspaper article it says the above scenario ie.abandoning season with your current points is the only way clubs can have valid claims on their insurance claims for emergency money. 

Have to say this is not looking good for us at all. 

Reading this I have no doubt this is what's going to happen.

Not saying it's right, but this is the route Doncaster and co will take.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Budge has spoken according to daily record. 

Wasn’t that one of the things to rip Lennon about over the weekend?  Surely the club shouldn’t be saying anything until anything is decided.  I can’t see any quotes mind you. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So is making this season void. More simple and straight forward.

Yes it is also a solution. 

manaliveits105

Should the GFA decide to end season now and relegate us we should spend not one penny at any other club in Scotland in the future - don’t attend away games - donate money to Hearts and fill stadium at home games

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yes it is also a solution. 

Too many questions are raised if league is to stand as it is now. Relegation, play offs, etc.

Make season void, as unlucky that is on Dundee Utd, there are no questions raised.

19 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

It will be if UEFA decide this to be the case.  It’s not right. But it’s looking more likely than before. 

Uefa cannot dictate what happens in a national league... than god! This will be debated by the clubs within the SPL and the SPFL to decide what needs to be done. Uefa are only interested in the competitions that they run and the money they in turn earn and nothing more, they could care less about anything else far less the state of what may happen to football clubs .

The Wrinkly Ninja
11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Budge has indeed spoken.    It's lawyer time.    Quite a strong statement of intent too.    

Indeed. Glad she wasn’t sacked last week. Having no CEO at this time would have been a disaster.

Pretty simple to me. Suspend the Euro 2020 competition to 2021 then during the summer finish off the league programme. This is assuming the football can continue sometime in May/June. Yes, some players would be out of contract but as they are being paid each week anyway, they should be told to play the season to a finish, all players at all clubs, then there can be no arguments from any club, just get on with it.. If other clubs want any players, they can sign a pre-contract with that club then after the season is completed, go to their new (or return to their parent) club to start pre-season. The new season can easily start at the end of August rather than the start.

22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Like it or not, unfortunately ending the league as is, is an unacceptable solution. 

Fixed that for you... Hearts supporter aye right!

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Budge has indeed spoken.    It's lawyer time.    Quite a strong statement of intent too.    

got a link?

Just now, jambonian said:

Pretty simple to me. Suspend the Euro 2020 competition to 2021 then during the summer finish off the league programme. This is assuming the football can continue sometime in May/June. Yes, some players would be out of contract but as they are being paid each week anyway, they should be told to play the season to a finish, all players at all clubs, then there can be no arguments from any club, just get on with it.. If other clubs want any players, they can sign a pre-contract with that club then after the season is completed, go to their new (or return to their parent) club to start pre-season. The new season can easily start at the end of August rather than the start.

If the infection curve follows what has happened else where I doubt we will be in a position to play in June or July! But I think you are quite correct the season needs to be played out when ever it is possible.

25 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

As I have said in a previous post, I do not think UEFA will be happy about the PL or SPL awarding the league title to a team who have not 'won' it! Simply because they would then need to award titles to Barcelona (Real Madrid -2), Juventus (Lazio -1) or Bayern (five teams -2/3). Just can't see them sanctioning this.

Neither can I.  Laughable in fact.  What if a club was 1 point ahead of their closest rivals who had 5 games in hand.  What if a club was at the bottom of the league but had won their last 7 games in succession.

Null and void has to mean exactly that but with individual national authorities having scope to restructure their leagues.

Neverforgetfiveone
4 hours ago, jock _turd said:

You mean you are sitting frapping away down Lochend hoping it happens. But on the face of you asking about evidence, anything can happen in footy just look back at Leicester City bottom of the EPL touted as certs for the drop... the miraculously stage a complete reversal stay up and the next season win the EPL  . But you " as a Hearts supporter" prefer to down the team and say we actually deserve to relegated before the season is finished because we are four points adrift and there are still 24 up for grabs ? Honestly a ha ma douts.

https://spfl.co.uk/cms-content/images/shares/pdfs/Rules and Regulations SPFL 8_10_2018.pdf

The rules state ‘after all games are completed’ section C4.

No lochend Pal, Saughton for me - at least my viewpoint has merit. 4 league wins. None against Ross county or Hamilton. To think that we will collect 17 points from the remaining fixtures is delusional!

Tokyo Drifter

The committee that will decide this has a representative from Hamilton Accies (Les Gray) on it. That turkey ain't gonna vote for Christmas. It'll be the thumbs down from him.

7 minutes ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

https://spfl.co.uk/cms-content/images/shares/pdfs/Rules and Regulations SPFL 8_10_2018.pdf

The rules state ‘after all games are completed’ section C4.

No lochend Pal, Saughton for me - at least my viewpoint has merit. 4 league wins. None against Ross county or Hamilton. To think that we will collect 17 points from the remaining fixtures is delusional!

Delusional but not impossible!

TheGoodLord
24 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Too many questions are raised if league is to stand as it is now. Relegation, play offs, etc.

Make season void, as unlucky that is on Dundee Utd, there are no questions raised.

Whether a team is 1pt clear or 20pts clear it makes no difference to legal arguments. Either it’s called void and accept all the flak from Celtic and Dundee Utd or go nuclear and call the results as the table stands. Restructuring would be the fudge to appease everyone but I think that’s unlikely as it’s not in their long term plans. Calling it void is the best of a very bad bunch no matter how unfortunate it is on some. It’s also the easiest to defend legally something which will be at the front of SPFL and SPL thinking. 

To be clear about this anybody that thinks Rangers are just going to sit back and let Celtic be handed the title has been on the bevy. This is not just about Hearts , rangers are just as interested in the outcome of things as we are. Nobody on any committee is going over the heads of rangers... us maybe them no chance! 

i like this bit from ann words

“I’ve already made my position known - in a non-confrontational manner I’d like to say - but I have put my arguments over (to the SPFL).”

:yas:

That is what I like to see. Get these little tinpot dictator ***** right in to the courts, if they try and pull this shit.

I enjoy us being the club that likes to tell the Scottish Football authorities where to stick their god-awful shite, and I have missed us doing it for a while now. Ann is a bit more polite about it than Old Vladimir, but maybe you can catch more flies with honey rather than shite?

Heres a wee precedent from the other side of the world.  The NZ domestic cricket league has been terminated with 2 rounds to go and the title has been awarded to the side which was on top.

Just saying.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:yas:

That is what I like to see. Get these little tinpot dictator ***** right in to the courts, if they try and pull this shit.

I enjoy us being the club that likes to tell the Scottish Football authorities where to stick their god-awful shite, and I have missed us doing it for a while now. Ann is a bit more polite about it than Old Vladimir, but maybe you can catch more flies with honey rather than shite?

:laugh:

7 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

To be clear about this anybody that thinks Rangers are just going to sit back and let Celtic be handed the title has been on the bevy. This is not just about Hearts , rangers are just as interested in the outcome of things as we are. Nobody on any committee is going over the heads of rangers... us maybe them no chance! 

Also there will be interest from all the other teams throughout Europe in

the same position 

2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Heres a wee precedent from the other side of the world.  The NZ domestic cricket league has been terminated with 2 rounds to go and the title has been awarded to the side which was on top.

Just saying.

how far ahead were they?

The Wrinkly Ninja
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

how far ahead were they?

About 13 hours 😉

Aside from that sporting integrity only applies to actual sports.