They Can't Relegate Us (Legally)

JJ93

IveSeenTheLight
46 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Budge has indeed spoken.    It's lawyer time.    Quite a strong statement of intent too.    

What else has she said?

BBC just reporting

Hearts owner Ann Budge says she would consider legal action should her club be relegated from the Scottish Premiership with eight games left.

"I would definitely take further legal advice if we were to go down the automatic relegation route."

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, IveSeenTheLight said:

What else has she said?

BBC just reporting

Go look it up on Twitter ffs. 

Ann Budge is spot on, on this one. I believe the same thing. They cannot legally relegate us due to :

1) there being 24 points to play for

2) the financial implications for us 

3) the financial implications for others clubs

4) Hamiltons potential match fixing

GIRFUY's 

:pleasing:

5 hours ago, Neverforgetfiveone said:

We’ve won 4 league games this season. 4 games out of 30. Where is the evidence to suggest we could win another 5 games. If we’d beaten St Mirren I’d possibly see your point.

We are not going down because of Coronavirus, we are going down because we have been ****ing shite! It breaks my heart to say it but we deserve to go down. We’ve been a ****ing joke for 3 years. 

Levein, Cathro, Stendel, Budge...... ****ing disaster!! Complete and utter mismanagement across the whole club.

That’s why we’re going down!

I agree, to an extent, but why play any football games if the outcome can be pre-calculated. The beauty of football is its capacity to surprise. We are only 4 points behind a couple of other teams who are basically equally dire.

Edited by Hearts_fan

bigsuperslim1874
25 minutes ago, TheGoodLord said:

Whether a team is 1pt clear or 20pts clear it makes no difference to legal arguments. Either it’s called void and accept all the flak from Celtic and Dundee Utd or go nuclear and call the results as the table stands. Restructuring would be the fudge to appease everyone but I think that’s unlikely as it’s not in their long term plans. Calling it void is the best of a very bad bunch no matter how unfortunate it is on some. It’s also the easiest to defend legally something which will be at the front of SPFL and SPL thinking. 

That shower of shite won’t have any long term plans. Except for their Xmas party or bowling club fundraiser.

14 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

What else has she said?

BBC just reporting

honestly just do one. I Genuinely  don’t mind your posts in general but this is not a thread you should be posting in or in all likelihood welcome. Your trolling and your pissing me off and guessing a lot of others. Your an aberdeen supporter so stick to your own forums. Why the need to come on here ?

maroonlegions

Boot Hamilton Alkies out of the league if found guilty of match fixing. No fecking way can they legally punt is down a league when there are still 24 points to play for, no chance.  Hope Ann takes these jokers all the way in the courts, these clowns just make it up as they go along and change the goal posts when it suits them. 3rd biggest club in Scotland and they would pump us down , fecking embarrassing.  

NeilBerry79

No chance should we be accepting relegation, why can’t they just re start the season whenever possible at the same position. Even is this not until August, first 4 weeks play 2 games per week to finish it. Cancel the winter break next year and extend the season two weeks. Or less if we scrap cup replays, all title, relegations and promotions take place as normal after the 8 games are played but the new season starts straight away after. The only issue I can see is European qualification, however as other leagues have similar issues perhaps UEFA could delay the start on these by a month or so and scrap the winter break in fixtures, all sorted no? Unless no fitba until even later in the year! 

maroonlegions
7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

honestly just do one. I Genuinely  don’t mind your posts in general but this is not a thread you should be posting in or in all likelihood welcome. Your trolling and your pissing me off and guessing a lot of others. Your an aberdeen supporter so stick to your own forums. Why the need to come on here ?

Aye he is getting on my tits too mate, needs pumped off the thread, This is a very sensitive thread dealing with serious implications for the club, and all  of us jambos who saved this club and are continuing with contributing money every week and it should not be   for another fan to start wind ups and trolls.

Edited by maroonlegions

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Should the GFA decide to end season now and relegate us we should spend not one penny at any other club in Scotland in the future - don’t attend away games - donate money to Hearts and fill stadium at home games

In absolute agreement.

55 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

A preemptive strike from Ann.

:pleasing:

Quite right too.

51 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

If the infection curve follows what has happened else where I doubt we will be in a position to play in June or July! But I think you are quite correct the season needs to be played out when ever it is possible.

Then what? A pre-season to end a season. What if we sign new players before the window shuts - are they league-tied? What if players leave due to contracts and clubs can't replace them due to all the issues with lockdowns and travel?

Then *if* we play to a finish, when do we fit in the next season?

This is a no-goer, far too many variables and problems. It simply won't be the same teams in the same form contesting it - making a mockery of the competition. 

It has to be declared null & void - following the German route is the most sensible solution imo. 

Just now, Gizmo said:

In absolute agreement.

Quite right too.

Then what? A pre-season to end a season. What if we sign new players before the window shuts - are they league-tied? What if players leave due to contracts and clubs can't replace them due to all the issues with lockdowns and travel?

Then *if* we play to a finish, when do we fit in the next season?

This is a no-goer, far too many variables and problems. It simply won't be the same teams in the same form contesting it - making a mockery of the competition. 

It has to be declared null & void - following the German route is the most sensible solution imo. 

Already stated my position bud and your solution is one of two options I see. IMO it has to be finish season no matter when or null and void . It is a situation that requires a firm hand though Celtic 's sense of  entitlement deems them winners even though there are more than enough points to secure a win for the other half... in a nutshell this is what is driving the whole debate in Scotland at least... if we or any other team outwith the PF were in the top spot there would be no debate the null and void option would already have been called.

Class of 75
21 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Probably because he wants to see how supporters of a bigger club operate. 😂

David McCaig

The key issue is whether the 10-2 vote applies.  If it does there is no way that Hearts and Rangers will to end the season as is... However Hearts would obviously roll over if relegation was taken off the table.

This is from an SFA/SPFL joint response group statement that i’ve just read which will be out today if it isnt already.

“ Is there a possibility that this season will be cancelled completely?
The preference remains that Season 2019/20 will be played to completion. However, Scottish football has been suspended until further notice and the Joint Response Group will continue to discuss the developments regarding the virus on a daily basis. The Scottish FA will take guidance from governments, the UK Chief Medical Officers, the Scottish FA medical consultant, Dr John MacLean, and information provided by the World Health Organisation. Given the ever-changing landscape of the virus in Scotland – as with countries across the world – the Scottish FA will only lift the suspension when it is deemed safe to do so from the perspective of public health, but also the safety of all stakeholders including supporters, players, match officials and staff”.

“What are the implications for championships, promotions and relegation?
The Joint Response Group is engaged in a contingency planning phase that will assess all possible options for the remaining season and beyond. It would be inappropriate and unhelpful to speculate on any future decisions to be taken by competition organisers. We will, however, commit to updating clubs, supporters and other key stakeholders when appropriate in this fast-moving landscape.”

“Will the William Hill Scottish Cup semi-finals and final go ahead as planned?
The semi-finals are due to be played on the weekend of 11 and 12 April with the final scheduled for 9 May. We will continue to monitor government and UK Chief Medical Officer advice in the coming days and weeks, in liaison with the participants, sponsors and broadcasters. We will make contingency plans in the event that the suspension remains in place by then and ensure any decision is made with public health, the commitments of emergency services and medical staff, and safety at the forefront of our minds. We will also ensure that clubs have ample notice to prepare for the ties and the sale of tickets.”

So not much news there.

Edited by Jamboelite

There are probably Hearts supporters out there that would prefer is just to take the demotion and get on with it. Risible.

#teambudge

Italian Lambretta
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Wow, turns out Budge is still alive and still retains the power of speech (when it suits).

Chance to redeem herself after some shocking decisions that have contributed to my club being in the state its in. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Wow, turns out Budge is still alive and still retains the power of speech (when it suits).

Wow. Wind your neck in. On top of running the club and whatnot, Budge is 72 and therefore in the high risk category. She may well have a lot of plates spinning. Releasing statements to pacify pant-wetting Hearts fans when there's nothing much to say is probably quite rightly down her to-do list.

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Neither can I.  Laughable in fact.  What if a club was 1 point ahead of their closest rivals who had 5 games in hand.  What if a club was at the bottom of the league but had won their last 7 games in succession.

Null and void has to mean exactly that but with individual national authorities having scope to restructure their leagues.

Absolutely, I get the bit about individual countries being able to re-adjust leagues to accommodate the situation, but awarding titles to and relegating teams who haven’t won anything is bonkers. I also think all money from all divisions should simply be divided equally between all teams in all divisions. 

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

🤡

Rogue Daddy
40 minutes ago, NeilBerry79 said:

No chance should we be accepting relegation, why can’t they just re start the season whenever possible at the same position. Even is this not until August, first 4 weeks play 2 games per week to finish it. Cancel the winter break next year and extend the season two weeks. Or less if we scrap cup replays, all title, relegations and promotions take place as normal after the 8 games are played but the new season starts straight away after. The only issue I can see is European qualification, however as other leagues have similar issues perhaps UEFA could delay the start on these by a month or so and scrap the winter break in fixtures, all sorted no? Unless no fitba until even later in the year! 

yep, this is what sky sports were saying. When everything settles down, finish the leagues. Like you say, it would only take 4 weeks or so. 
Even cancel playoffs, one up one down. 
Cancel European fixtures until next season (start with same teams as this season). 
The only thing that would really require tweaking would be players contracts. 

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

yep, this is what sky sports were saying. When everything settles down, finish the leagues. Like you say, it would only take 4 weeks or so. 
Even cancel playoffs, one up one down. 
Cancel European fixtures until next season (start with same teams as this season). 
The only thing that would really require tweaking would be players contracts. 

You cant cancel the playoffs its part of the setup of the season they are playing in.

Cant just change it now.

And player contracts is a massive barrier.

Edited by Jamboelite

Just now, Jamboelite said:

You cant cancel the playoffs its part of the setup of the season they are playing in.

Cant just change it now.

I think a global pandemic is about as good a reason as any.

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Cant just change it now.

... ok, 2nd bottom v 2nd top (1 game extra) at least going into the last few games, the top few in championship and below, know what’s happening ie. they have to get 2nd at least. 
regarding contracts.... this is going to be a problem no matter what decision is taken.  

8 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I think a global pandemic is about as good a reason as any.

Yes but picking and choosing which parts of the league setup suits is exactly the thing we are all moaning about for other proposed options.. 

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, either make everyone play all the games or...lawyer the **** up, bitches!

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Rangers now waded into debate. No way they are allowing the league to be finished now with Champions and relegation declared.

How good would it be to finish the league, we stay up and (can’t believe I’m saying this) rangers win the league. The face on Lennon would be a belter!

manaliveits105

STV muppet interviewing Sturgeon on the serious issues announced and says yet some teams have threatened legal action if season ends - he is at it as is STV 

ceptic minded no doubt

40 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Cant just change it now.

You can't play the Play Offs

18 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

STV muppet interviewing Sturgeon on the serious issues announced and says yet some teams have threatened legal action if season ends - he is at it as is STV 

ceptic minded no doubt

Could equally have said some people seem more concerned that they get the titles they think they are entitled to. 

56 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She's been forced to defend the interests of the club.    

Meanwhile... you've been advocating we accept relegation,   even though this is not within the existing rules,   because we supposedly deserve it,   despite there being every opportunity to avoid it in the 8 games that have been wiped from the league programme.

You are the one who should be difficult to find for a comment.     You should be utterly embarrassed to show yourself given that the club is going to fight for us while fifth columnists like you hope we 'get what we deserve'.

The rest of us don't deserve you.    You should shut your trap.

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Meanwhile... you've been advocating we accept relegation,   even though this is not within the existing rules,   because we supposedly deserve it,   despite there being every opportunity to avoid it in the 8 games that have been wiped from the league programme.

You are the one who should be difficult to find for a comment.     You should be utterly embarrassed to show yourself given that the club is going to fight for us while fifth columnists like you hope we 'get what we deserve'.

This in spades... they are everywhere and yet the mods do nothing! However call them out and you are liable to find a warning in your in box.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yip, anyone saying we should go down are ****ing at it. 

Doesn't take away the fact it's on the table and an option, but we should not accept such a decision if that plays out.

Extending the league to 14 teams, celtic champions with a notation is clearly the least risky option and mitigates any challenge from clubs. 

Bazzas right boot
43 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

How good would it be to finish the league, we stay up and (can’t believe I’m saying this) rangers win the league. The face on Lennon would be a belter!

Nah, **** rangers. 

Hope the reincarnation and husk of a Clun formley known as rangers win nothing ever again. 

tolcross lad
11 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I have not been happy with Ann Budge  but there is no way I am going against the club on this one.Any grievance I feel can wait.

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:yas:

That is what I like to see. Get these little tinpot dictator ***** right in to the courts, if they try and pull this shit.

I enjoy us being the club that likes to tell the Scottish Football authorities where to stick their god-awful shite, and I have missed us doing it for a while now. Ann is a bit more polite about it than Old Vladimir, but maybe you can catch more flies with honey rather than shite?

Well said. Ann is not taking any shite. 

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, **** rangers. 

Hope the reincarnation and husk of a Clun formley known as rangers win nothing ever again. 

Fair point..... then how about sellick are deducted points for match fixing with Hamilton and someone else catches them and wins the league. 👍

14 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Does anyone know if the team are allowed to still do training. or are they all sitting at home. ???

Have it on good authority that they have taken inspiration from this man. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.menshealth.com/entertainment/amp30517620/tyson-fury-masturbating-7-times-a-day-wilder-fight/&ved=2ahUKEwiknLrT1p_oAhUKQRUIHZeAC0QQFjAMegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1lBJPH2axDRhf8ZFZyEA1Y&ampcf=1

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Debatable who the walloper is.

Nevermind.

I've already answered your question, many times.

Yes we finished bottom in 2000, the worst in the league and whilst ordinarily that would have resulted in relegation, it was not the plan for that season 

:facepalm:

2017, during the first world war. Bit before my time, but yes, it seems we finished bottom that season and therefore the worst team in the league

If you wan't me to be a walloper, I could spout crap about the fact is we've never been relegated 

:greggy: 

Never come across a thicker ***** than you. Not once have I said you were relegated. Maybe the 2 stars are for finishing bottom and not getting relegated,  another badge of honour  :lol:

World health crisis and your time is spent on an opposition fans forum

Absolutely zero debate. You are a clown. 

First World War 2017 before your time?

At least if you want to trade insults try to be accurate 

:rofl:

Walloper

Rogue Daddy
2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

:yas:

That is what I like to see. Get these little tinpot dictator ***** right in to the courts, if they try and pull this shit.

I enjoy us being the club that likes to tell the Scottish Football authorities where to stick their god-awful shite, and I have missed us doing it for a while now. Ann is a bit more polite about it than Old Vladimir, but maybe you can catch more flies with honey rather than shite?

Exactly this! 👍 No way should we take relegation when it’s mathematically possible to stay up - let alone 20% of fixture left!

Can’t believe some on here are content to drop down. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
33 minutes ago, Victorian said:

A shame the likes of you weren’t prepared to fight or say owt while Levein was dragging us down and Budge was doing nothing about it. Took that without a whimper for some reason.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Said it all along,  they won't relegate anyone. 

Giving is one thing taking is very different and fraught with consequences 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

A shame the likes of you weren’t prepared to fight or say owt while Levein was dragging us down and Budge was doing nothing about it. Took that without a whimper for some reason.

What a load of shite.

1.    The argument over who should be our manager and our on-field poor performance has nothing whatsoever to do with the matter of this event and relegation against the rules and all sense.

2.     I DID criticise Levein and Budge at various times.     Your assertion that I wasn't prepared to speak out against what was going wrong is completely bizarre and simply untrue.

You really are a confused wee creature.

Budge, and the majority will fight our cause.    You advovate surrender.     You should clear off or shake yourself out of the state you're in.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

What a load of shite.

1.    The argument over who should be our manager and our on-field poor performance has nothing whatsoever to do with the matter of this event and relegation against the rules and all sense.

2.     I DID criticise Levein and Budge at various times.     Your assertion that I wasn't prepared to speak out against what was going wrong is completely bizarre and simply untrue.

You really are a confused wee creature.

Budge, and the majority will fight our cause.    You advovate surrender.     You should clear off or shake yourself out of the state you're in.

I don’t advocate surrender at all. I just maintain that:

1) our form so far is worthy of relegation. That’s indisputable. We have been a disgrace at all levels this season.

2) Budge fighting our corner, while evidently necessary, is amusing given the way she let us rot under a Levein. Hold external bodies accountable but not those within the club, including herself.

Btw, we ain’t getting relegated automatically anyway. The SPFL will fall into line by copying whatever the English Premier League do and the EPL will 100% finish off their fixtures, helped by the Euros being postponed. You can take that to the bank.