They Can't Relegate Us (Legally)

JJ93

2 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Unfortunately, we now live in a society where everyone demands instant, reactive decisions.

Since we live in a society where people in power make quick decisions that are often not in everyone’s best interests, and lacking fairness and parity, there is a necessity for those affected to to demand decisive instant reactions.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IveSeenTheLight

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, jambmoz said:

I don’t think many on here really believe we would have made it to safety and that’s probably the view across football. It’s looking like the season will officially end this week, it’s just a case of someone saying up or down for us now. We might play our semi in sept with a completely different team if we are relegated.

I don't think many believed Hamilton would take 6 points from games v sevco and Killie (which would have meant we weren't bottom of the league).

As anyone who bets on football knows, there is no guarantee of the outcome of any games, no matter how much of a "certainty" any result might seem.

If a game isn't played you can't just decide what the result might have been

The irony is that whilst the issue in England is Relegation and promotion, the SFA's headache is the championship. We will see who really holds sway at Hampden - Celtic or Rangers...The relegation issue will fall into place from the decision as to whether Celtic get their way or Rangers get theirs...

bigsuperslim1874
43 minutes ago, The Merse said:

That Daily Record article is quite horrifying.

Surely to **** they cannot do this. 

What was said? I refuse to click on any of that rags links.

1 minute ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

What was said? I refuse to click on any of that rags links.

The SPFL intend to announce the season over and final positions stand imminently.

If we do end up relegated then given the apathy with fans due to the utter disgraceful performances I would imagine ST sales will be brutal.

Throw in those who would be done with the game due to a farcical decision to relegate us with a fifth of the season to still be played and the club would really struggle.

they can take their Cup semi and stick it up their rectums if they throw us down

3 minutes ago, The Merse said:

The SPFL intend to announce the season over and final positions stand imminently.

Lawyers currently drooling over the imminent windfall.

bigsuperslim1874
9 minutes ago, The Merse said:

Let them bring it on - we will see them in court. I guarantee there will be almost no cases of this happening elsewhere - it will be champions elected and expanded leagues to cover the relegation issues.

And see if we find out any such decisions were made because ‘sky want their 4 OF games’......

Edited by bigsuperslim1874

39 minutes ago, Barack said:

Sub-text:

"The SFA put on a finger-buffet in Conference Room A. They now hope the boy that's got more important things on his plate, will look back fondly on his Greggs sausage roll, and is going to try and absolve some of the responsibility and blame from a guy, whose name he'll already have forgotten."

Exactly. :lol:

Doncaster took his coat and brought him a bowl of Bombay Mix. Job’s a good un. 

If Ann Budge were to accept automatic Hearts relegation in these circumstances without legal challenge (assuming a viable case can be made), she would damage her own standing with Hearts supporters.

4 minutes ago, stan said:

If Ann Budge were to accept automatic Hearts relegation in these circumstances without legal challenge (assuming a viable case can be made), she would damage her own standing with Hearts supporters.

There's absolutely no indication she would accept this,   on the contrary,  there are reports that she's getting ready to fight this potential scenario.  I've no worries about AB rolling over whatsoever.  Think she's as stubborn as they come....ironically we've seen this trait with her mishandling of the CL decision,  would work in our favour here though. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, lou said:

If reports are to be believed, we are going to be relegated imminently, the supporters cannot just stand by and let his happen, and I would hope the club would fight this tooth and nail, other county are rumoured to be looking to reconstruct leagues but it would appear the SPFL go for the easiest option with the goal of keeping Lennon and Lawell happy

Any source in particular or just the usual rags?

if they try and relegate us i hope we take them to the cleaners and bring this whole house of cards that is scottish football down.

also i think if they try this and award celtic the title i can see rangers challenging it.

Edited by milky_26

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

if they try and relegate us i hope we take them to the cleaners and bring this whole house of cards that is scottish football down.

Can’t see Sevco standing by and let this happen without a fight.

They love courts cases as well.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Can’t see Sevco standing by and let this happen without a fight.

They love courts cases as well.

see my edit, juts said the same thing

Rangers have been very quiet. If the SPFL announce Celtic as Champions then the Jabba PR machine will be in full flight. Half expecting them to threaten to resign from the SPFL if that happens.

Rangers as a club may be skint but there'll be plenty fans willing to give them cash for a legal fight

To be clear on my earlier post when I said it's our fault what I meant was we really should not be in this position in the first place. I agree we should not be relegated with 24 points still to play for

The more I think about it  I now feel they cant go down this road but as the club are considering legal action who knows

132goals1958
48 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I don't think many believed Hamilton would take 6 points from games v sevco and Killie (which would have meant we weren't bottom of the league).

As anyone who bets on football knows, there is no guarantee of the outcome of any games, no matter how much of a "certainty" any result might seem.

If a game isn't played you can't just decide what the result might have been

Agree. Far to many looking at the St Mirren game in isolation. Of course it was a bad day at the office , a shocking performance but if in our previous 3 fixtures we had taken zero points from nine instead of seven against top six opposition then we would have been cast adrift

and quite rightly considered to be in free-fall. The bottom six playing each other means there are plenty points up for grabs and with four home games still to go  I believe the bookies would have us as favorites to win each. Just  as the performances against  Hibs and Sevco  didn,t define our season neither should the Paisley fiasco. Realistically the only league place that can reasonably be predicted is first. Relegating us on conjecture is a nonsense.Either play the games or cancel relegation and expand the league.

Look,  the media rags are just OF proxy agents and they're just trying to bounce public opinion and the thoughts of other clubs along to an agenda.    

8 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Rangers have been very quiet. If the SPFL announce Celtic as Champions then the Jabba PR machine will be in full flight. Half expecting them to threaten to resign from the SPFL if that happens.

Rangers as a club may be skint but there'll be plenty fans willing to give them cash for a legal fight

Do you think so? didn't see their fans stepping up when needed previously

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Don't trust Doncaster. The path of least resistance and financial ease for his cash-strapped shithouse, is all he cares about. 

Will I be annoyed if we get dumped? Yes.

Will I be surprised? Not at all.

Interesting times ahoy.

1 minute ago, lou said:

Do you think so? didn't see their fans stepping up when needed previously

this is different, saving their club from liquidation or putting money towards a legal challenge that will go after scottish football who they think are out to get them people will put money in

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye but they usually lose them.

that is why they ned the help of the establishment club

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Don't trust Doncaster. The path of least resistance and financial ease for his cash-strapped shithouse, is all he cares about. 

Will I be annoyed if we get dumped? Yes.

Will I be surprised? Not at all.

Interesting times ahoy.

This is where I am at.

Doncaster will take the easy way out.  Relegate us, and give the mhanks the title.

I have been banging on about this for a week now. We are going to be relegated and Celtic will be crowned champions. Nearly everyone I’ve heard speak about this or spoken to myself have said that the league will end how it stands and we’ll be relegated. With Hearts “speaking” to the EEN yesterday about us all ready preparing a legal fight it’s pretty clear that regardless of what UEFA say, Lawwell and the SPFL/SFA will do different. 

I previously said if it's decided Hearts should be relegated after just 30 games, given the context, we should accept it with dignity. 

However, I've changed my mind. If Hearts see fit to legally contest such a decision I'll be right behind them.

Imagine the start of last season didn't happen. How many points did we take from the first 8 games.. 20+? That's largely why weren't in relegation trouble at the end of the season. 

Here we are with 8 games still unplayed. There's no reason why we shouldn't get the requisite circa 17 points from them. 

2 hours ago, Jambo 85 said:

Sources telling me that Scottish football will stop until September. League standings will be final, there will no closed door games due to Insurance’s not covering the risks of catching the virus from playing. The league cup will not run next season., The Scottish Cup will run from September and there is apparently one club in the premiership that does not hold the insurance to pay out over the current situation.apparently rose county.   I’ve been told to expect this announcement on Monday.

from a BBC reporter 

Cant see anything bejng announced until after UEFA make their decisions on Tuesday after their tele conference.

IveSeenTheLight
19 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Would that be Armageddon II.

Let them leave, it'll only be good for Scottish football.

They can take the other cheek with them too.

2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Absolutely.

Being honest if this happens I’m not sure I’ll go back to another Scottish game.

Spot on 👍

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

If we do end up relegated then given the apathy with fans due to the utter disgraceful performances I would imagine ST sales will be brutal.

Throw in those who would be done with the game due to a farcical decision to relegate us with a fifth of the season to still be played and the club would really struggle.

they can take their Cup semi and stick it up their rectums if they throw us down

Yes if that happens Hearts should refuse to play the semi final. 

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Since we live in a society where people in power make quick decisions that are often not in everyone’s best interests, and lacking fairness and parity, there is a necessity for those affected to to demand decisive instant reactions.

We should, then, be demanding the opposite. And electing people who don’t make such reactive decisions. 

If they handle this the wrong way this could be the end of Scottish football as we know it.

Whether that ends up being a good or a bad thing remains to be seen.

heartsfc_fan

UEFA should set a blanket wide rule for all leagues. Whatever that may be but we all respect and stick to that decision

IveSeenTheLight
3 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

UEFA should set a blanket wide rule for all leagues. Whatever that may be but we all respect and stick to that decision

UEFA don't have the jurisdiction though on domestic leagues

The Real Maroonblood
54 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye but they usually lose them.

True.

Their luck must change sometime.

53 minutes ago, bairdy said:

This is where I am at.

Doncaster will take the easy way out.  Relegate us, and give the mhanks the title.

Easier way out is award titles etc and no relegation. 

Probably no play offs. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Will UEFA really sanction a 'league stands as it is' stance across Europe and award Barcelona the title in Spain with 2 points between them and Real Madrid OR award the title to Juventus who are 1 point above Lazio OR tell Bayern they are champions despite 5 teams being in the mix? I don't think so...I think UEFA will want a blanket 'null and void' approach to all leagues across Europe. 

Edited by bobskeldon

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

Will UEFA really sanction a 'league stands as it is' stance across Europe and award Barcelona the title in Spain with 2 points between them and them and Real Madrid OR award the title to Juventus who are 1 point above Lazio OR tell Bayern they are champions despite 5 teams being in the mix? I don't think so...I think UEFA will want a blanket 'null and void' approach to all leagues across Europe. 

Good point.

For what it's worth I think they will relegate us, it is the easiest solution for them. For me I think we should go for reconstruction ie increase the Prem league ect.

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

UEFA don't have the jurisdiction though on domestic leagues

Any SFA decision would immediately become indefensible if it proved to be a complete outlier to every other league in Europe.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Look,  the media rags are just OF proxy agents and they're just trying to bounce public opinion and the thoughts of other clubs along to an agenda.    

Got a notification my phone fat Tory Bojo is set to relegate us and shut down the season. It was the Sun but surely he can't do that. It was the Sun hence taken with a pinch of salt. Can anyone verify if this is true.

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Got a notification my phone fat Tory Bojo is set to relegate us and shut down the season. It was the Sun but surely he can't do that. It was the Sun hence taken with a pinch of salt. Can anyone verify if this is true.

Someone said sport is devolved to Scottish Parliament.

Others that sport is independent of government. Certainly FIFA work hard to keep politics out of sport. You can be banned for it.