• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

Weather is mental. This game is not happening. Just got soaked to the bone walking 10 mins to the train station (in Glasgow Southside.) Winds are picking up too and rain doesn't look like it's going to stop and has been like this since yesterday.

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Boab said:

I agree. Problem is, even with one of the best surfaces in the league, it’s not plastic !

It won’t be the wind, just the sheer volume of rain.

It'll be fine. Its not a public park, its designed to allow good drainage. No signs of a pitch inspection even being considered. Bring yer coats!!!

Work in paisley everyday and it is horrendous and doesn’t look like letting up. 

Got an early finish and hospitality booked for my sins for this one tonight so hope it’s not off but if the weather stays the same as it is right now I could see it being off. 

Edited by Squirt

Hope it's game on worried Accies will beat well tomorrow and open up a 4 point gap on us. Obviously if we lose this could happen anyway. Game on and a Hearts win by any (legal) means, please.

Just now, Boab said:

I’m a kinda man up type guy myself, bud, but I’m sitting in it right now.

I wouldn’t wager either way at the minute.

well you need to get yourself inside

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

See for all the chat of our back line being too high and both fullbacks going at same time etc?

How many goals have we actually lost as a direct result of this? Not many I'd bet. An amount which make the tactic a worthwhile positive tactical risk.

The basic defending - and goalkeeping - of individuals at key moments has let us down. Bad decision making and technique.

It's an easy issue for pundits and managers to pick up on, our high line. Everyone else in Scotland pretty much defends deep and most games are that of attrition, something which holds us back. New tactic being used and everyone starts flapping.

It hasn't been perfect but all I'm saying is I wish our supporters would stop picking up the tactical analysis of our numbskull pundits and running with it to beat our manager.

The midfield and creative attacker mix is a much bigger issue imo but all we keep hearing is high line high line high line. It's boring and easy.

No point being factual around here lad. 

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This weather increases our chances of losing enormously.. trying to play neat high press football in this? Against a team who willl sit deep and hit on the break..

I pray to god it’s off given our position

17 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Hope it's game on worried Accies will beat well tomorrow and open up a 4 point gap on us. Obviously if we lose this could happen anyway. Game on and a Hearts win by any (legal) means, please.

If there's an illegal way of winning I think that's worth exploring tbh.

6 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Never knew so many folk on here  lived/worked in Paisley.

Check Paisley Weather and decide for yourself. Or are people lying. 

49 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I expect you'll blame Mrs Budge if it is

No, her presence at the club casts a very large dark grey cloud over it but I don’t blame her for the wind. I’m not a total dick.

Looking at weather forecasts which nowadays are quite accurate it seems to be pretty similar to Edinburgh today so it can be judged that way I think. 

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No, her presence at the club casts a very large dark grey cloud over it but I don’t blame her for the wind. I’m not a total dick.

Anyone care to comment

15 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

One of my work mates will check for me.

Surprised neither club have made a statement so far. One can't be far away.

Edited by VivaObua

been here before
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Looking at weather forecasts which nowadays are quite accurate it seems to be pretty similar to Edinburgh today so it can be judged that way I think. 

Is it likely to throw your travel plans for getting to the game into some disaray?

Oh... hold on...

Just now, Boris5115 said:

Take my word for it.

Had to go to Linwood but detoured as road closed. 
It’s grim and seems to be getting heavier, crazy as that sounds !

22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If there's an illegal way of winning I think that's worth exploring tbh.

This 😂

17 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Welllll......😏

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

If we are missing Boyce, Smith, Clare and Sibbick, there's an argument that postponement would suit. Not sure if we are missing them or not.

Certainly missing Boyce, maybe for quite some time, and Sibbick. . 

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Take my word for it.

Had to go to Linwood but detoured as road closed. 
It’s grim and seems to be getting heavier, crazy as that sounds !

You don’t have to convince me Boab but some others would question you. 

26 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Never knew so many folk on here  lived/worked in Paisley.

I know right. If only there was a way to check what the weather is like in Paisley without actually being there 🤔

2 hours ago, VivaObua said:

Wind is mid 20s with gusts around 40. That isn’t going to stop the game going ahead. Rain forecast is nasty but looks to calm around 8/9 tonight guessing they’ll give it to 5 and have a look at the pitch and make a call. Sure I read its Muir who’s the ref and he’s a prat wouldn’t be surprised if he makes an arse of the decision. 

BT Sport will make the decision 

1 hour ago, Nathan2012 said:

Couldn’t be played next week cause St Mirren play Motherwell on Tuesday in a rescheduled game

Recent precedent would suggest re-arranged for tomorrow at 3pm. 

Just now, Boris5115 said:

You don’t have to convince me Boab but some others would question you. 

No worries, mate.

Should know by 4ish if the inspection is 3.30.

Right now I’d say off...BT or not !

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

See for all the chat of our back line being too high and both fullbacks going at same time etc?

How many goals have we actually lost as a direct result of this? Not many I'd bet. An amount which make the tactic a worthwhile positive tactical risk.

The basic defending - and goalkeeping - of individuals at key moments has let us down. Bad decision making and technique.

It's an easy issue for pundits and managers to pick up on, our high line. Everyone else in Scotland pretty much defends deep and most games are that of attrition, something which holds us back. New tactic being used and everyone starts flapping.

It hasn't been perfect but all I'm saying is I wish our supporters would stop picking up the tactical analysis of our numbskull pundits and running with it to beat our manager.

The midfield and creative attacker mix is a much bigger issue imo but all we keep hearing is high line high line high line. It's boring and easy.

But the nervousness can be borne out of how much we push up.  We tempt the counter attack and there’s been numerous times we got away with it when teams haven’t capitalised.  

I think 3 times Rangers broke up the park in the first half as we were wide open down one side of the park.  St Johnstone launched ball after ball into the area between our centre backs and the keeper, forcing us to retreat with haste.  

Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the positive approach and there has been individual errors as you say. 

I just don’t get why we can’t find a better balance? The positioning needs to be better in certain moments in the game. Two full backs don’t have to push up at the same time.

We’ve seen plenty, entertaining, winning Hearts teams in the past who had more nous at doing both elements of the game more efficiently.  

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Recent precedent would suggest re-arranged for tomorrow at 3pm. 

That wasn't a tv game though (was it?). Not sure if that makes a difference. 

1 minute ago, Boab said:

No worries, mate.

Should know by 4ish if the inspection is 3.30.

Right now I’d say off...BT or not !

No chance it's on. Plus, no one should have to go out in these conditions to watch a game.

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

That wasn't a tv game though (was it?). Not sure if that makes a difference. 

It might do but tomorrow pm makes sense.