• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

AlphonseCapone
56 minutes ago, Ominous said:

That flooding is understandable there, Linwood is one of the biggest holes I've ever seen.

To clarify, do you mean Linwood is a hole as in a dive or the whole town is built in a hole and therefore susceptible to flooding..... 

1 minute ago, AlphonseCapone said:

To clarify, do you mean Linwood is a hole as in a dive or the whole town is built in a hole and therefore susceptible to flooding..... 

Yes. 

5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Ffs hurry up and decide. I’ve a supporters bus to catch and contemplating going for a couple of pints first or having a quiet night in

Go to the pub have a few pints, if it’s on great, if it’s not stay in the pub and get pished. Win win all round I say!!

18 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

By who?

By plenty. The police, the clubs, the SFA... They have absolutely nothing to do with deciding whether or not the game goes ahead.

Edited by Batistuta87

Ex member of the SaS

Whether on or off if travelling by the Edinburgh city by pass be aware there is a bump on the Hermiston Gait slip road and it's chaos right back to Gilmerton.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

I didn’t think it was mate, will be like the Bahamas in the Pans surely 😜.

It is! EXACTLY like the Bahamas today! (this is the bottom road in Prestonpans...honest).

Storm.jpg

Edited by Pans Jambo

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Aye he’s one of the linesman tonight.

What kind of lines though...

Stupid Sexy Flanders
21 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

A colleague of mine well connected with St Mirren board has been told the pitch is fine but concerns around the surrounding areas of the stadium.  Have a feeling BT will want to push this through. 

What is the situation for BT if it is called off? Do they have to give money back to companies who've paid for adverts and stuff? (Not just asking you like, just wondering if anyone knows.)

9 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Aw well saves me going through then

The rain has eased here in Ayrshire and rainfall radar shows similar in Paisley for the last couple of hours. The St's pitch is one of the best around imo so I'm guessing the pitch will be playable but travelling conditions for the fans might be a factor, although it rarely seems to be. 

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

Erse

Cheers pal

Soz H007, I'd forgotten to quote in my last reply hence the edit.

i think it won't be the pitch that stops the game going ahead but transport and safety of the stadium and surrounding areas.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

The rain has eased here in Ayrshire and rainfall radar shows similar in Paisley for the last couple of hours. The St's pitch is one of the best around imo so I'm guessing the pitch will be playable but travelling conditions for the fans might be a factor, although it rarely seems to be. 

👍

Just now, Hearts007 said:

Erse

Cheers pal

Twitter is usually the quickest to get news.

I’d wager by 4 we’ll hear something.

Rain has actually eased a bit. Still horizontal but not as heavy. 

1 minute ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

What is the situation for BT if it is called off? Do they have to give money back to companies who've paid for adverts and stuff? (Not just asking you like, just wondering if anyone knows.)

The fact that it's on TV probably means they'll bend over backwards to play the game.

Just now, Jim Panzee said:

Soz H007, I'd forgotten to quote in my last reply hence the edit.

i think it won't be the pitch that stops the game going ahead but transport and safety of the stadium and surrounding areas.

👍..text mate to say game was off and now just text him to say its still on till 3.30 anyway

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

The fact its a low crowd expected v the TV audience means I think this will go ahead. Just need to paddle down from stirling in time for kickoff.

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

Twitter is usually the quickest to get news.

I’d wager by 4 we’ll hear something.

Rain has actually eased a bit. Still horizontal but not as heavy. 

cheers

3 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Good job you areny asking me mate, I’ve no got a scoob. 

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

The fact its a low crowd expected v the TV audience means I think this will go ahead. Just need to paddle down from stirling in time for kickoff.

Low crowd in terms of what exactly? 1500 Jambo's going through, and reckon they'll get a decent turn out too. I'm gonna estimate 5,000-6,000 fans. Not a bad crowd at all.

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Just as well I am thick.

Sorry.....I meant thick skinned.

thick head when it comes to budge?

Just now, Last Laff said:

The pitch is fine. 

I know that. Was in this morning. They have a good surface down there. 
Just as I speak it’s kicking off again !

Just in time for inspection !

Lovely !

3 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

The majority of advertising is paid via Barter Credits so it will just be a case of the Barter Agencies being used adjusting BT and the advertisers balances to compensate a proportion of the barter charged for match day advertising (they'll still be charged standard rates as the adverts will still run during breaks in the replacement programming..

1 minute ago, Boab said:

I know that. Was in this morning. They have a good surface down there. 
Just as I speak it’s kicking off again !

Just in time for inspection !

Lovely !

👍 :lol: 

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:D

Sometimes you make a post, and you just know who'll show up!

:lol:

12 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

It's St Mirren v Hearts, I don't think they'll worry too much about the lost £6.50 advertising revenue. ;)