*** St Midden v Heart Of Midlothian - Rescheduled for 11/3 ***

JamboPete

1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

For atleast four of those seasons we were in different divisions and in another we got relegated to be fair. It’s a pretty shameful record either way but it’s nowhere near as ‘long’ as it first appears.

Fair shout. Still failed to beat them away in the  7 times since. Hopefully we can buck the trend on friday. We really need to! 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, His name is said:

Fair shout. Still failed to beat them away in the  7 times since. Hopefully we can buck the trend on friday. We really need to! 

7 times is still fairly long in my opinion. How many other sides St Mirren hold that sort of record against? Not many I'd wager

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Obviously don't watch the games if you think that 

I agree and I've seen most of them.

I want people to come up with objective views on Clare, his efficiencies. All I am seeing is a defense exposed because he is not a defender.

This is not to say he does not have good moments this is to say defensively he is a liability and it outweighs his assets column, assists, goals.

Takes an excellent pen still

Clare should be right side of a 3 behind Boyce and Smith should be right back if both fit , we'll create more chances and be more solid at the back . 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Clare should be right side of a 3 behind Boyce and Smith should be right back if both fit , we'll create more chances and be more solid at the back . 

That's my train

Nucky Thompson
4 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Forecast looking less wet, windspeeds down but more lumpy rain!!

What forecast are you looking at? The BBC one has gotten worse both in terms of rain and wind

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I don't see any material change to that forecast, 40mph plus all day, pouring all day. Could easily bite the dust this one

Jambof3tornado
29 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

What forecast are you looking at? The BBC one has gotten worse both in terms of rain and wind

Was the netweather one I was using. Its since updated back to lesser winds than it was but heavy to torrential rain.

Bring yer coat!!

23 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Disagree. Yes he gave a penalty away, but ultimately the blame lies with Souttar for that disaster. Clare has been our best player for weeks now.

The penalty incident started with Hickey , not under too much pressure , turning back and passing to Zlamal .

Zlamal , not under too much pressure , passes to Souttar .

Souttar , under a lot of pressure , gives the ball away .

Clare makes a fairly innocuous , but naive , challenge . Guy goes down . 

6 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Forecast looking less wet, windspeeds down but more lumpy rain!!

Not the Paisley forecast, still a yellow warning for heavy rain from 6am to 9pm. Highly unlikely game will be on I’d think. 

Jambof3tornado
32 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Not the Paisley forecast, still a yellow warning for heavy rain from 6am to 9pm. Highly unlikely game will be on I’d think. 

When did st mirren last get a call off for a waterlogged pitch??

Assume they will go for an early pitch inspection to save us travelling fans?

Game will be on btw.

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

St Mirren P - P Hearts

Aye, that’s helpful.

I’m passing by the stadium mid-afternoon tomorrow so will get it from the horse’s mouth and pass on any info.

22 hours ago, One five said:

Someone on a post was saying Clark st ,it's just of Greenhill rd where the grounds at,it's at the correct end of the ground for the north stand(away support)👍

cheers mate!

5 hours ago, ramrod said:

Fully agree. Now you understand formations. 😉😘

GorgieFifeLife
40 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

St Mirren P - P Hearts

Heavy rain does not mean the game will be off.  It depends how susceptible their pitch is to retaining water, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Jambof3tornado
56 minutes ago, kila said:

If we win this 4-0, we leap frog St Mirren to 10th. Not beyond Hearts to score 4 even without Boyce, but need to keep it tight at the back.

4 nil. Bloody hell I'll settle for a scrappy 1 nil where the ball goes in off naismiths left testicle!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
28 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Heavy rain does not mean the game will be off.  It depends how susceptible their pitch is to retaining water, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Strong winds tend to hurl it down faster. 

Matches recently postponed at Rangers and Motherwell in the area, would make me cautious before travelling 

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

St Mirren P - P Hearts

If that happened, i wonder how that would effect Hamilton and Ross County both playing the following day...

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Tell that to Worcester racecourse :D

Scotland is meant to get a months worth of rain in 24 hours with the west much worse

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, hueyview said:

If that happened, i wonder how that would effect Hamilton and Ross County both playing the following day...

The worst weather is Thursday night to Friday night. 

2 hours ago, kila said:

If we win this 4-0, we leap frog St Mirren to 10th. Not beyond Hearts to score 4 even without Boyce, but need to keep it tight at the back.

We been watching the same hearts?

Despite the never ending illnesses and injuries, Hearts 0 at half time simply won't do.  Our oponents are near the bottom of the league for a reason.

If we are in front at the interval, Stendel has to prepare them to work even harder in the 2nd half.

I'm confident that the spirit will be good, the support will be tremendous and we'll record a good win to lift all our spirits.

Geoff Kilpatrick

IIRC, we haven't scored first in a league game under Stendel. If we actually rectify that first of all we might, just might, go on to win handsomely.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

IIRC, we haven't scored first in a league game under Stendel. If we actually rectify that first of all we might, just might, go on to win handsomely.

We scored first against Aberdeen I think.

annushorribilis III
11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Despite the never ending illnesses and injuries, Hearts 0 at half time simply won't do.  Our oponents are near the bottom of the league for a reason.

If we are in front at the interval, Stendel has to prepare them to work even harder in the 2nd half.

I'm confident that the spirit will be good, the support will be tremendous and we'll record a good win to lift all our spirits.

That would be a improvement on recent games. I'd happily take that. 

Have a feeling things will click into place for Stendel in Paisley. 

Our best performance of the season and goals from Walker, Clare and Naisy in a 3-0 win. 

3 hours ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Met Office predicting 70%+ probability of rain in Paisley from 3am tomorrow morning until ko time. If remotely accurate it’s certain to be waterlogged. 

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Met Office predicting 70%+ probability of rain in Paisley from 3am tomorrow morning until ko time. If remotely accurate it’s certain to be waterlogged. 

They could cover it, shirley? 

pettigrewsstylist
17 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

DANIEL: FOCUS FROM FIRST WHISTLE

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/daniel-focus-from-first-whistle

Daniel Stendel has told his players to go to Paisley with a winning mentality on Friday night because he doesn’t believe St Mirren’s midweek extra time exploits will hinder them.

The Buddies triumphed in last night’s Scottish Cup tie over Motherwell after 120 minutes and a penalty shootout.

Daniel reckons that result could galvanise Jim Goodwin’s side and has therefore instructed his men in maroon to start the Simple Digital Arena encounter in a better manner than in recent weeks, and make the most of any chances that arise.

Speaking at his pre-match press conference, Daniel said: “It’s a win and it’s important as it also gives them a lift. I don’t like that the players think ‘ok, they played on Tuesday’ because they (St Mirren) will think ‘we have won this cup game, we have the chance to win against Hearts and a have a big chance (to open up a gap)’.

“Not one moment in their head will they be thinking ‘oh, we played Tuesday’. Only in their head will be that Friday is the next game and they have a big chance to win.

“This is what we need to think. It doesn’t matter what was on yesterday, we have to concentrate on our game. Everybody can expect a big fight (from us) on Friday and we need to start well.

“This, at the moment, is a little bit of a problem. We have the chances – yeah, against 10 players (of Hamilton Accies) – but we have so many chances to win the game in the second half but we conceded two goals. The situation is that nobody can understand why we did it.

“When we defend as a team better and we are more concentrated from the first moment then I think for everybody it is easier to play our game and to handle the pressure.

“My feeling is that the players understand it and all want to give the best for this club and stay up in the league, and especially with this support and this fanbase at this club. It’s a big privilege and to fight for this is so easy.”

Is he serious? Surely he needs an interpreter!!

10 minutes ago, martoon said:

They could cover it, shirley? 

Shirley is a big lass but think covering a whole pitch is beyond her capabilities.

32 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

How would you change it Rick?

I don’t think we can change it but to say that the team that was listed should easily be good enough to beat St Mirren is arrogant in the extreme and one of the main reasons we are in this mess. We can’t keep saying we have better players when week after week they probs they are not better and if anything are worse. 

8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I don't see any material change to that forecast, 40mph plus all day, pouring all day. Could easily bite the dust this one

Hope so 👍🇱🇻🇱🇻

If the game does get called off cause of the weather they are going to be struggling to find a rearranged date, can’t play it next week cause St Mirren are playing Motherwell on Tuesday and the week after we are at Easter Road, not sure if there are any other free weekends or weekdays before the split to play it. 

58 minutes ago, kila said:

The Met Office forecast :laugh: If it does go ahead, I hope BT are more competent than the BBC were for the Falkirk game

1520658524_Screenshot2020-02-20at19_42_47.thumb.png.41cb5dd5f68cefd27ff8f9f9f98165a1.png

Judging by the state of Ibrox tonight which is just 10 minutes down the M8 from Paisley it looks more and more like a postponement. 

5 minutes ago, Nathan2012 said:

If the game does get called off cause of the weather they are going to be struggling to find a rearranged date, can’t play it next week cause St Mirren are playing Motherwell on Tuesday and the week after we are at Easter Road, not sure if there are any other free weekends or weekdays before the split to play it. 

If it did get postponed and scheduling was an issue then it wouldn't really matter if it was before the split as both well out of the race for top 6

1 minute ago, kila said:

The Met Office forecast :laugh: If it does go ahead, I hope BT are more competent than the BBC were for the Falkirk game

1520658524_Screenshot2020-02-20at19_42_47.thumb.png.41cb5dd5f68cefd27ff8f9f9f98165a1.png

They will be for the fact that the main TV camera will be in the West Stand, with the wind coming in from the west.

Those poor buggers at Falkirk were at the mercy of the elements.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Judging by the state of Ibrox tonight which is just 10 minutes down the M8 from Paisley it looks more and more like a postponement. 

To be fair to St Mirren,  not sure why right enough,  Scotland were using them,  pitch being one reason. 

6 minutes ago, Nathan2012 said:

Tues/Wed 10/11 March unless either club has a cup replay. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Boab said:

They will be for the fact that the main TV camera will be in the West Stand, with the wind coming in from the west.

Those poor buggers at Falkirk were at the mercy of the elements.

There are facilities for cameras in the main stand. 

Misplaced vanity having the view of the main stand rather than a barren landscape me thinks 

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Rangers can’t afford to pay their grounds man. St Mirren’s grass looks like a billiards table ...

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, rick witter said:

I don’t think we can change it but to say that the team that was listed should easily be good enough to beat St Mirren is arrogant in the extreme and one of the main reasons we are in this mess. We can’t keep saying we have better players when week after week they probs they are not better and if anything are worse. 

I wasn’t aware that I’d said the team should easily be good enough to beat St Mirren though did I?

This is what I actually said.

That team on paper is good enough to play and win in Paisley. We need to be defensively disciplined thoughout especially with our full backs. One pushes on and the others fall into a back three?