*** St Midden v Heart Of Midlothian - Rescheduled for 11/3 ***

JamboPete

Hoping to get along to this but based in the west of Scotland and probably left it to late to get a ticket posted out. Anyone know if there will be a cash gate. Can’t see anything on our website or St Mirrens

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Disagree. Yes he gave a penalty away, but ultimately the blame lies with Souttar for that disaster. Clare has been our best player for weeks now.

This. Still some always overlook soapys errors. Clare shouldnt have put his leg in for the penalty but if soapy hadnt ****ed up he wouldnt have needed to.

3-1 Hearts. Fek knows how.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Disagree. Yes he gave a penalty away, but ultimately the blame lies with Souttar for that disaster. Clare has been our best player for weeks now.

Agree to disagree then. An awful lot of goals coming from our right side, bar his excellent goal against Airdrie, not much on the credit side.

Stendel to his credit moved him on Saturday before he did any further damage. I rate him as a player, but not as a defender, I think its patently obvious he cant defend.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Agree to disagree then. An awful lot of goals coming from our right side, bar his excellent goal against Airdrie, not much on the credit side.

Stendel to his credit moved him on Saturday before he did any further damage. I rate him as a player, but not as a defender, I think its patently obvious he cant defend.

I think Stendel made the switch with Smith to add Clare’s attacking ability higher up the pitch, rather than to avoid any defensive mistakes.

As was shown, we barely had to defend anything for the rest of the match.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

This. Still some always overlook soapys errors. Clare shouldnt have put his leg in for the penalty but if soapy hadnt ****ed up he wouldnt have needed to.

3-1 Hearts. Fek knows how.

Souttar was partially at fault for the first goal, didn't win the challenge and the ball breaks in behind, generally had a stinker to be fair I would never argue otherwise.

The 2nd goal was a total cluster, Souttar however is the least culpable, a holocaust of a ball from Bobby, boy is sitting on top of him like a vulture, he has literally nowhere to go, Clare has a choice, and makes a horrible one

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Zaba said:

I think Stendel made the switch with Smith to add Clare’s attacking ability higher up the pitch, rather than to avoid any defensive mistakes.

As was shown, we barely had to defend anything for the rest of the match.

I can assure it wasn't. Sat and watched him despair, he is at Clare every single match. Its a stop gap option.

Watch the 2nd half highlights and see the difference in delivery from the right as well. I'd love to see Clare as an old fashioned inside right

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Souttar was partially at fault for the first goal, didn't win the challenge and the ball breaks in behind, generally had a stinker to be fair I would never argue otherwise.

The 2nd goal was a total cluster, Souttar however is the least culpable, a holocaust of a ball from Bobby, boy is sitting on top of him like a vulture, he has literally nowhere to go, Clare has a choice, and makes a horrible one

Souttar should have been further towards the touch line and his body shape is wrong too, he should open his body out to receive the ball, he could've then cleared it. Nobody noticed Stendel moved him to the right side of the defence on Saturday, it didn’t help him play any better. He was targeted in the first 20 minutes and will be again on Friday.

St Mirren to score first and go on to win.  We are a losing club and losers lose.  We have no desire or fight and I despise almost every single ***** on our payroll.

As for what team we put out.....................I couldn't give a **** as it makes no difference.  All a bunch of wasters.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Team for Friday with players likely to be fit

Bobby - Sunday league

Smith - Good

Hickey - awful

Souttar - hit or miss

Halkett - hit or miss

Irving - dreadful

Bozanic - ****ing abysmal

Walker - good

Naismith - v.good

Clare - good

Washington - dud

Just now, Barack said:

Having this weekend off from here then?

Spot of weeding? Going to the cinema?

I will be in Fife.   

I am at the stage where I want to have my Hearts tattoo lazered off I am so ****ing disgusted with the lot of them.

Was positive after the Rangers game but those shit shows against St Johnstone (second half), Killie, Falkirk (yes we won and conditions were shit) and Hamilton, so we’ll lose this. Just can’t defend for shit 

8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

St Mirren to score first and go on to win.  We are a losing club and losers lose.  We have no desire or fight and I despise almost every single ***** on our payroll.

As for what team we put out.....................I couldn't give a **** as it makes no difference.  All a bunch of wasters.

You ever considered motivational speaking as a career? 

52 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Massive game. 

Stick Halkett up front, looked our most dangerous player all season. 

Zamal

Clare

Smith

Soutter

Hickey

Irving

Bozanic

Walker

Naismith

Washington 

Halkett 

Halkett’s ok to shove up top for the last ten if you are going lump balls into the box, but I don’t think he’s got the game for 90 mins to link up, drag defenders about or just do general forwards play.  

Totally different to a last 10 minutes cavalry charge.  

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

These ***** couldn't even get motivated in the Playboy mansion after doing 5 years hard bird.

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

I just can't bring myself to predict a win for St Mirren so I'm going 3-2 to Hearts, fingers will be well crossed on Friday.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, weehammy said:

The list of people (is there anyone?) at the club who you don’t ‘despise’ must be a very short one. Why do you even bother?

He loves Uche apparently.

Nucky Thompson

Have a look at the forecast for Paisley. 24 hours of constant heavy rain before KO. 

No way will that pitch be playable 

Edit. There is now a MET office warning for rain been issued for Paisley

Edited by Nucky Thompson

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Agreed 

our players are dog poo 

26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I will be in Fife.   

I am at the stage where I want to have my Hearts tattoo lazered off I am so ****ing disgusted with the lot of them.

I'm in Fife.

Where you going?

Could meet up and I'll sandpaper yer tattoo off. 🙂

12 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Have a look at the forecast for Paisley. 24 hours of constant heavy rain before KO. 

No way will that pitch be playable 

Edit. There is now a MET office warning for rain been issued for Paisley

To be honest given they played 120 mins+ last night and our injury issues both clubs will want it off. BT Sport might have other ideas though. 

Worst case scenario side. If everyone rumoured to be unfit, unwell or in any way a doubt is out

zlamal

dikamona

souttar

halkett

garuccio

bozanic

irving

Washington

walker

henderson

naismith

Would have rather not seen JS and CH together again and the midfield pairing is no great but hope it could be enough. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Souttar should have been further towards the touch line and his body shape is wrong too, he should open his body out to receive the ball, he could've then cleared it. Nobody noticed Stendel moved him to the right side of the defence on Saturday, it didn’t help him play any better. He was targeted in the first 20 minutes and will be again on Friday.

Agree Souttar didn't do as well as hoped on right side. 

Of the 4 errors that led to the 2nd goal he had the least chance of avoiding the error. 

First goal he didn't look very bright 

Nucky Thompson
33 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I will be in Fife.   

Hearts are more than just owners, players and managers. They change all the time.

I would rather laser all the greeting faced trolls and pant wetters

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Worst case scenario side. If everyone rumoured to be unfit, unwell or in any way a doubt is out

zlamal

dikamona

souttar

halkett

garuccio

bozanic

irving

Washington

walker

henderson

naismith

Would have rather not seen JS and CH together again and the midfield pairing is no great but hope it could be enough. 

That team is giving me the absolute fear ...

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

BT Sport might have other ideas though. 

If the forecast comes to pass, I don't think they'll have a say. The pitch will be under water

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

That team is giving me the absolute fear ...

Me too. If everyone rumoured not to be 100% doesn’t make it, I can’t see many better options. 

41 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Halkett and souttar are good defenders in the right system.

Wouldn't argue with bobby rating but best of a bad lot and Washington hasn't played in his actual position since he came back so worth a shot and better than uche

Just now, GinRummy said:

Me too. If everyone rumoured not to be 100% doesn’t make it, I can’t see many better options. 

Me neither, which is worrying!

Would not mind if Smith and Garruccio were the fullbacks, with Clare and Hickey in mid Infront of them, asking SC and Hickey to defend and expecting them to also be the creators is leaving us wide open and exposing the CBs. Two of Walker, Sibbick and Irving would also have more freedom centre mid, two of Boyce, Meshino, Naismith, Uche, Washington Donis up front.

2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Halkett and souttar are good defenders in the right system.

Wouldn't argue with bobby rating but best of a bad lot and Washington hasn't played in his actual position since he came back so worth a shot and better than uche

It’s not the system that’s to blame for the glaring errors in defence. Admittedly the defence has more to do but there’s absolutely no reason, other than poor form, for the constant stream of basic errors and piss poor positioning. 

A change in formation would protect the defence more as would not playing such a high line or allowing only one fb to join in an attack at any one time but it wouldn’t stop mistakes from players who are quite simply failing to do their job. 

Cannot afford to keep shooting ourselves in the foot and having mountains to climb in games. With that in mind i hope we go for 3 at the back with wing-backs to be a bit more solid in defence. As much as we are light in midfield I much prefer smith in the defensive positions think he’s much more effective there. Souttar should be the one to make way after that performance against Hamilton, barely one a header the whole game. 

Zlamal

Halkett  Dikamona  Smith

Clare           Bozanic  Irving          Hickey

Walker

Washington   Naismith

Edit just been reminded that Langer is still suspended so Bozanic in instead, cheers@Pasquale for King

Edited by Ted Hastings

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Agree Souttar didn't do as well as hoped on right side. 

Of the 4 errors that led to the 2nd goal he had the least chance of avoiding the error. 

First goal he didn't look very bright 

I get the feeling he’s not on the Stendel train, still playing Levein tactics of slow passing at the back and those usually unsuccessful long diagonals. The whole defence needs to cut out the individual errors as much as possible. Take risks with forward passes but not at the back.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Cannot afford to keep shooting ourselves in the foot and having mountains to climb in games. With that in mind i hope we go for 3 at the back with wing-backs to be a bit more solid in defence. As much as we are light in midfield I much prefer smith in the defensive positions think he’s much more effective there. Souttar should be the one to make way after that performance against Hamilton, barely one a header the whole game. 

Zlamal

Halkett  Dikamona  Smith

Clare           Langer  Irving          Hickey

Walker

Washington   Naismith

Not a bad looking team, I think Souttar won a few headers against the smaller forward in the second half, Langer is still suspended.

11 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If the forecast comes to pass, I don't think they'll have a say. The pitch will be under water

Hopefully you are correct. We need to play them when Smith Boyce and Sibbick are available. Midweek after the cup ties would be ideal because they already have a midweek match next week 

7 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Zlamal

Halkett  Dikamona  Smith

Clare           Langer  Irving          Hickey

Walker

Washington   Naismith

Langer's suspended. Formation should be 3-5-2 (hopefully).

Edited by upgotheheads

GorgieRules22
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Hopefully you are correct. We need to play them when Smith Boyce and Sibbick are available. Midweek after the cup ties would be ideal because they already have a midweek match next week 

We play Hibs

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

I agree. If ever a team needed some extra time to regroup and sort itself out it’s this one. 

Edited by GinRummy