• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, jambonian said:

It's not just about Clare giving away that penalty and Souttar being at fault. A lot of opposition attacks are punting the ball over and with Clare being so far away from right back it's been a problem for him to get back and defend quickly enough thus exposing Souttar. Clare is basically being asked to play two roles in the team, get forward to support the midfield/forward line and get back and defend. Can't have both, it's one or the other. Clare has been one of the most consistent players yes and he's been very decent getting forward, however it's not his natural position. Have to go with a flat back four tonight and Smith where he's supposed to be, at right-back where he and Clare can control that side of the pitch. Dikamona should play beside Smith with Souttar then Hickey. Halkett should be in front of the back two to link midfield to front as well as being a goal threat himself. If Boyce isn't playing then it has to be Washington and Naismith up top. Could actually do a lot worse than play Halkett as a striker seeing as he was one before and he's scored more than our actual "strikers!" My choice for this game would be.....

...........…………Doyle

Smith, Dikamona, Souttar, Hickey

..Clare, Halkett, Sibbick, Walker

……….Naismith, Washington

subs: Zlamal, Bozanic, Avdijaj,

Ikpeazu, Irving, Meshino, Damour

Sorry the pen ultimately is simply about poor decision making. 

Hickey and Souttar didn't make good ones, but Bobby and Sean made awful ones.

I also dispute what tangible difference he has made going forward. 

His final ball into the box is nowhere close to Smith's quality. 

Sean looks good in flashes, I think those flashes would be better in and around the opposition box where he is a goal threat to the opposition rather than against ourselves. 

Just now, AndyNic said:

Doubt the game will go ahead. According to P&B this was taken close to the stadium in Paisley half an hour ago...

IMG_20200221_114634.jpg

That’s what I had to avoid half an hour ago.

Feegie Main St !

Cue the jokes.......!

Fitzroy Pointon
43 minutes ago, VivaObua said:

Never knew so many folk on here  lived/worked in Paisley.

Jambos Here

Jambos There 

Jambos ******* EVERYWHERE!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Doubt the game will go ahead. According to P&B this was taken close to the stadium in Paisley half an hour ago...

IMG_20200221_114634.jpg

A wee puddle......meh

Jambof3tornado

IMG_20200221_114634.jpg

Canoe it is. Easier to park!!

Fitzroy Pointon

IMG_20200221_114634.jpg

That's the bit I mentioned earlier.  Looks like it has got worse.  

Dagger Is Back
4 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

IMG_20200221_114634.jpg

Whatever happened to using a broom to sweep the water away? Folks just workshy these days

Has to be off. 1,500 fans going through tonight and if there's any problems with the trains or roads, then it could be mayhem.

BT won't be arsed if it's off I doubt, but will want it confirmed ASAP if it is for scheduling purposes. 

1 minute ago, dryJTlaw said:

Crazy leaving it till 3.30,  me and id imagine a few others will already be on the way through 😬

Giving it as much chance as possible to be on instead of making a call too early cos of some folk heading through early for a bevvy. Don't worry, the pubs will still be open!

If it's off maybe they'll see if both teams are knocked out the cup and rearrange it for semi-final weekend? Although maybe too far away.

I'm just looking for the warmer weather tbh. 😁

1 minute ago, JohnB said:

Can't accuse us of not being up for it - training at Riccarton is going swimmingly!Image result for water-polo team photo

Pereira might have a chance of stopping shots with those goals. 

2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

No danger...can't kick the ball in the water.

highlandjambo3
4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Pereira was so low with that shot he nearly drowned  

25 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

They’ll be trying their hardest to get this one pulled.

Why?  Their game last week got called off and they’re still in the cup.  They probably don’t want a backlog of fixtures piling up when they need points on the board. 

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

Not a chance this game is going ahead. Just call it off now, pointless waiting until 3:30pm. 

correct just beat me to it Walter

15 minutes ago, dryJTlaw said:

Crazy leaving it till 3.30,  me and id imagine a few others will already be on the way through 😬

The ref is at work, so he can't just pop over and check the pitch.

But is a bit pointless leaving it so late.

33 minutes ago, Boab said:

No worries, mate.

Should know by 4ish if the inspection is 3.30.

Right now I’d say off...BT or not !

I'd go with this.

Game will be off I reckon, if that image is genuine. If there's flooding in any streets within any sort of walk-able radius, they'll call it off for fan safety. Might suit us tbh, if Smith, Clare, Boyce and Sibbick are all unavailable. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Seems to be major train issues with the Glasgow to Paisley lines also and replacement buses. **** that.

Due to leave at 4:15pm so thankfully should know the outcome of the inspection by then.

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Game will be off I reckon, if that image is genuine. If there's flooding in any streets within any sort of walk-able radius, they'll call it off for fan safety. 

That picture is a good bit away from the ground. Can’t underestimate how bad it is right now though. Brutal !

Ex member of the SaS

A rearranged game would suit us more than them. We need the points but the more games in quick time won't suit them too much

31 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

IMG_20200221_114634.jpg

That’s next to the Aldi down Feegie way, not far from the stadium at all......

7 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Seems to be major train issues with the Glasgow to Paisley lines also and replacement buses. **** that.

Due to leave at 4:15pm so thankfully should know the outcome of the inspection by then.

Scotrail webpage saying good service between Central and Paisley St.James. 

Paisley Canal Street is washed out though

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

No, her presence at the club casts a very large dark grey cloud over it but I don’t blame her for the wind. I’m not a total dick.

You've hidden that well

27 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

That's the bit I mentioned earlier.  Looks like it has got worse.  

That's just before the Linwood Toll, it always floods. It's at the wrong end of Feegie.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

That picture is a good bit away from the ground. Can’t underestimate how bad it is right now though. Brutal !

Yeah looks a lot more built up than the area the stadium is in, but if its on the normal route there or anything like that, it'll be a factor. Must be really bad for it to be flooding like that on a main road though. Hopefully doesn't get any worse for the sake of the folk who live there. 

3 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

Scotrail webpage saying good service between Central and Paisley St.James. 

Paisley Canal Street is washed out though

👍

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah looks a lot more built up than the area the stadium is in, but if its on the normal route there or anything like that, it'll be a factor. Must be really bad for it to be flooding like that on a main road though. Hopefully doesn't get any worse for the sake of the folk who live there. 

As the guy above says, it always floods there. In saying that, so does Greenhill Rd and Murray St at the bridges !

Bring wellies !!

1 minute ago, Boab said:

As the guy above says, it always floods there. In saying that, so does Greenhill Rd and Murray St at the bridges !

Bring wellies !!

"For we are the Gorgie Wellie Boys !"

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, The Muffin Man said:

St Mirren groundsman fully expects the game to be postponed.

Quality ITK info that

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, jambokev said:

"For we are the Gorgie Wellie Boys !"

Or the Gorgie Brolly Buoys. Not keen on that spelling of Buoys to be honest, but fits the theme disclaimer

9 minutes ago, Boab said:

Bring wellies !!

Haha aye wellies and the big jaikit. I'm not going but hopefully its still on. Promised my 5-year-old we'd get a pizza and watch it on the telly since there were no tickets and no cash gate 🙃

2 hours ago, karipidis said:

Very good post.

Off the top of my head I can only think of (since Aberdeen game) Ali McCanns goal, Chris Burke’s goal and Hamilton’s 1st goal. If you think other than them 3 we have conceded another 11 goals due to set pieces or individual errors then it shows the mistakes are costing us a lot more than the tactics. 

Yeah, this post did well!  That'll be me for a while!

Anyway, they're the three that jump out at me too.  And even then, look at St M's first goal.  It's pretty unlucky.  A deflection took the ball past our defence (sportscene said Souttar got too tight, but it wasn't the case, a deflection took the ball past him and the attacker), they get to it first and then the guy who scores had been left in there as he was tying his bloody lace!! Same situation happens 10 seconds later, he's not there!!

And do other teams never ever have attackers run behind them?  Strikers NEVER get one on ones with goalies unless they play Hearts these days!?!?!

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

But the nervousness can be borne out of how much we push up.  We tempt the counter attack and there’s been numerous times we got away with it when teams haven’t capitalised.  

I think 3 times Rangers broke up the park in the first half as we were wide open down one side of the park.  St Johnstone launched ball after ball into the area between our centre backs and the keeper, forcing us to retreat with haste.  

Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the positive approach and there has been individual errors as you say. 

I just don’t get why we can’t find a better balance? The positioning needs to be better in certain moments in the game. Two full backs don’t have to push up at the same time.

We’ve seen plenty, entertaining, winning Hearts teams in the past who had more nous at doing both elements of the game more efficiently.  

Don't disagree with this and actually kind of thought of it as I wrote this post.

There's a definite nervousness and Souttar and Halks in particular don't look comfy.  BUT I don't think that comes just from the "high line".  And at the end of the day, if the keeper wasn't throwing them in for a few games and the other 10 lads got the points they probably merited, then the  nerves settle and they trust the system.