*** St Midden v Heart Of Midlothian - Rescheduled for 11/3 ***

JamboPete

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

We play Hibs

Yes, my mistake. I meant the midweek after that. We don’t play until Sunday so would give us an extra day rest before playing Livi. They would be playing Tues,Sat, Wed, Sat before playing us. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

1 minute ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Falkirk don’t play on grass.

St Mirren’s pitch is grass. For some reason I thought it was fake. Apologies. 

The Treasurer
28 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

No chance this game will be on if the forecast stays the same.

Having played 120 minutes plus penalties on Tuesday night I can't see St midden being too disappointed if the game was called off

Jambof3tornado
37 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

How many times have we heard this the last few weeks.

We played at falkirk, the paisley game will be on!!

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Indeed, especially when it’s a live TV game.

St Mirren will play with 2 up front so it would be foolish of us to play 4 at the back as we know it’s more like 2 at the back with the full backs pushing so far forward. I’d say we should play 3 at the back. Obeka (sp) is big and powerful so I’d play souttar, Halkett and Dikamona on Friday night. 

bobby 

Dikamona Souttar Halkett 

Smith                                                            Hickey 

Irving            

Clare                                       Walker 

Washington

Naismith 

3511 for me. Best way to try not concede and still gets walker and Clare on the ball and I think Naismith has to play up front. 

Dagger Is Back
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Souttar was partially at fault for the first goal, didn't win the challenge and the ball breaks in behind, generally had a stinker to be fair I would never argue otherwise.

The 2nd goal was a total cluster, Souttar however is the least culpable, a holocaust of a ball from Bobby, boy is sitting on top of him like a vulture, he has literally nowhere to go, Clare has a choice, and makes a horrible one

Sums it up perfectly for me. 

46 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Folk have said that about the last few games. All been played ...

Dagger Is Back

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett 

Hickey

Clare

Irving

Bozanic

Walker

Washington

Naismith

That team on paper is good enough to play and win in Paisley. We need to be defensively disciplined thoughout especially with our full backs. One pushes on and the others fall into a back three?

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We'll see but if there is as much rain as predicted the pitch will be waterlogged 

What happens if a match is abandoned during the game due to weather? Just say its called off with 70mins on the clock. Is the result given or do you play the remaining 20mins at an other date? Years ago i remember one of our games got called off mid game, motherwell away i think, but don't know what happened from that.

Jambof3tornado
14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

We'll see but if there is as much rain as predicted the pitch will be waterlogged 

2 prolonged periods of torrential rain, one due noon one tea time. I guess we'll know mid afternoon if the game is at risk. Remember pitches are designed to drain well and it is a pretty modern setup.

It's funny how for weeks/months folk were moaning about us setting up our team depending on how the opposition would play instead of letting them worry about us and then all I'm reading is exactly that.

annushorribilis III
15 minutes ago, Mr 3 Putt said:

What happens if a match is abandoned during the game due to weather? Just say its called off with 70mins on the clock. Is the result given or do you play the remaining 20mins at an other date? Years ago i remember one of our games got called off mid game, motherwell away i think, but don't know what happened from that.

The game is replayed over 90 mins. 

There's been some weird ones over the years : results being allowed to stand (after a pitch invasion)  or playing out the final few minutes only. 

22 minutes ago, graygo said:

It's funny how for weeks/months folk were moaning about us setting up our team depending on how the opposition would play instead of letting them worry about us and then all I'm reading is exactly that.

You couldn’t make it up really. So much contradiction on here last three months it would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. 

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett 

Hickey

Clare

Irving

Bozanic

Walker

Washington

Naismith

That team on paper is good enough to play and win in Paisley. We need to be defensively disciplined thoughout especially with our full backs. One pushes on and the others fall into a back three?

That's exactly (what I would call the 1st eleven) were set up during training this morning👍

1 hour ago, gov said:

First time heading up to st mirren, anyone know where best place to park is?

Someone on a post was saying Clark st ,it's just of Greenhill rd where the grounds at,it's at the correct end of the ground for the north stand(away support)👍

1 hour ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett 

Hickey

Clare

Irving

Bozanic

Walker

Washington

Naismith

This should always be our back four. Smith is one of the best RBs in the league so why not play him there...? Clare deserves a lot of credit for his efforts and for the transformation he's gone through under Stendel - he really is like a new signing - but Smith is the much better defender.

Cut out the silly mistakes at the back and we've got a chance, very slim chance mind, but I can't imagine us getting a clean sheet,  just hope we score more than them, a win, then kick on.

This is the time. Last chance saloon.

C'moan tae ###k Hearts.

HHGH 

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

This should always be our back four. Smith is one of the best RBs in the league so why not play him there...? Clare deserves a lot of credit for his efforts and for the transformation he's gone through under Stendel - he really is like a new signing - but Smith is the much better defender.

Smith is as good in central defence as he is at full back, if not better. Halkett and Souttar have been utter gash as a pair.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I get the feeling he’s not on the Stendel train, still playing Levein tactics of slow passing at the back and those usually unsuccessful long diagonals. The whole defence needs to cut out the individual errors as much as possible. Take risks with forward passes but not at the back.

He is absolutely hopeless. He looks worse now than he did before he got injured. Slows the game down at every opportunity. 
Jim Goodwins team talk “hit it over Souttars head every chance you get and chase it.”

Edited by rick witter

2 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Halkett 

Hickey

Clare

Irving

Bozanic

Walker

Washington

Naismith

The midfield is very weak. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He is absolutely hopeless. He looks worse now than he did before he got injured. Slows the game down at every opportunity. 
Jim Goodwins team talk “hit it over Souttars head every chance you get and chase it.”

Pretty much unfortunately, needs to buck to his ideas as his career is stagnating. 

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pretty much unfortunately, needs to buck to his ideas as his career is stagnating. 

Yet only a few weeks ago he played really well against rangers, won just about every header 

4 hours ago, Ted Hastings said:

Cannot afford to keep shooting ourselves in the foot and having mountains to climb in games. With that in mind i hope we go for 3 at the back with wing-backs to be a bit more solid in defence. As much as we are light in midfield I much prefer smith in the defensive positions think he’s much more effective there. Souttar should be the one to make way after that performance against Hamilton, barely one a header the whole game. 

Zlamal

Halkett  Dikamona  Smith

Clare           Bozanic  Irving          Hickey

Walker

Washington   Naismith

Edit just been reminded that Langer is still suspended so Bozanic in instead, cheers@Pasquale for King

Like the look of that other than Bozanic and Irving are very one footed. I'd play Souttar in the back three and move Smith into midfield. Bozanic brings more than Irving in terms of pressing and energy and we need that.

Bobby

Dikamona      Souttar      Halkett

Clare            Smith             Bozanic           Hickey

Walker

Naismith          Washington

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Yet only a few weeks ago he played really well against rangers, won just about every header 

He made a few errors too but the whole team haven’t played as well since, it’s almost like they thought it will be ok now. Stendel has spoken today about how he thinks everyone believes we will stay up, we will win the next game etc. Not sure how we can be complacent considering where we are and what’s gone before in the last 18 months. We need to defend and attack as a team and fight for every point available.

We really need to win this. Couldn't give a flying fudge about Der Hun in the cup. Winning on Friday will set us up nicely for the derby next month.

Come on Hearts lets do these colluding bar stewards.

Edited by Marvin

1 hour ago, HMFC 86 said:

Him and Halkett were superb v Rangers but they weren't really physically challenged, defoe is quality but isn't going to bully them physically. Put them up against big huddies that put themselves about and they seem to crumble. Ogkmpoe and Kabamba have bossed them in recent games. 

Seen far too many goals conceded from the keeper playing hospital passes at the back. If in doubt launch it up the park.

Seems there is far more chance of conceding than creating chances building from the keeper.

6 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I agree. If ever a team needed some extra time to regroup and sort itself out it’s this one. 

Correct get them on a firm dry pitch, 

I keep reading it's not the managers fault and it's individual errors that's costing us 

Firstly Stendel kept picking Joel for weeks when he was clearly making error after error and secondly most defenders in the league will make errors during a game it's just that we don't have enough numbers back to bail out the defenders when the mistakes come along . 

The type of football we are playing in  relegation battle is suicide and if we don't change it rapidly and get numbers back to help out in defensive we're  dead in the water . 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Riccarton3 said:

It's a sad state of affairs but I'd take a point now.

Point is no good. I know it is technically but i just feel we need a win sometime soon, the easiest game to win should have been at home to accies, this is next easiest, not easy, but easiest.

3-1 JTs

6 hours ago, graygo said:

Sold out and no cash gate.

Well played our support again.

Heard this too. Was planning on paying on the night.

Do you know where this is confirmed? 

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It’s not the system that’s to blame for the glaring errors in defence. Admittedly the defence has more to do but there’s absolutely no reason, other than poor form, for the constant stream of basic errors and piss poor positioning. 

A change in formation would protect the defence more as would not playing such a high line or allowing only one fb to join in an attack at any one time but it wouldn’t stop mistakes from players who are quite simply failing to do their job. 

It might stop the mistakes resulting in as as many goals conceded though. 

Or we could play defenders in defence, that should help aswell.

1-0 Hearts this is more in desperation than hope, pouring with rain in high winds, 

stupid time for a game, should be a saturday, least its warm at 10 C 😧.

16 minutes ago, His name is said:

We haven't won away to them in the league since 2010!

Why do we have such a terrible away record!! 

*stats from London Hearts 

For atleast four of those seasons we were in different divisions and in another we got relegated to be fair. It’s a pretty shameful record either way but it’s nowhere near as ‘long’ as it first appears.

19 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Disagree. Yes he gave a penalty away, but ultimately the blame lies with Souttar for that disaster. Clare has been our best player for weeks now.

Disagree. His mental toughness is made of thin air. A constant bomb scare. Can we afford that at the moment? 

7 minutes ago, TheSandpit said:

Disagree. His mental toughness is made of thin air. A constant bomb scare. Can we afford that at the moment? 

Obviously don't watch the games if you think that