• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

StevenNaismith

I was in Paisley this morning, not a chance the game will go ahead. All the roads in the area are flooded and there’s been no let up with the wind and rain. From what I know with regards to the team tonight the game being off is a good thing.

Captain Canada

If the game is called off, I wonder when they will try to play it? The next two midweeks are out as St. Mirren have a game next week against Motherwell and then the following week we're at Fester Road.

That-Day-In-May
20 minutes ago, The Muffin Man said:

St Mirren groundsman fully expects the game to be postponed.

You must not know Tony well. Takes great pride in the park he’ll be doing everything he can to get the game on

5 hours ago, rick witter said:

The main reason we are in this mess is our players go out on to the pitch thinking they have to just turn up and they will win. 
That was clearly obvious in both the Kilmarnock and Hamilton games at home recently. 
It about time they realised they are the worst team in the league and try to do something about it!! 

Correct, but not what I asked you.

You blamed it on the supporters for having the attitude that we should be winning tonight's game being the reason we were bottom. That is clearly nonsense.

2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

if Vlads reffing it will surely go ahead?

8-0 win to Hearts, 3 St Mirren red cards, and "**** the Hibs and the monkeys at the SFA" written into the official referee's report as well.

:glorious:

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, Mort said:

Do you know the Muffin Man though?

The Muffin man?

7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

No hiding my dick mate

Not the one sticking out of your forehead, anyway. 

6 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Vlad?

:D

GorgieFifeLife

Rain now forecast to ease at 6pm so 3.30pm inspection might be a bit premature.  Dont think a postponement is good for us as I think the quicker we get off the bottom of the table the better it will be for the whole attitude around the club.

7 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Cool - wasn’t being arsey, was genuinely asking if you knew him!

It's on social media. Someone at work just told me about it. Seems genuine. 

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Has to be off. 1,500 fans going through tonight and if there's any problems with the trains or roads, then it could be mayhem.

BT won't be arsed if it's off I doubt, but will want it confirmed ASAP if it is for scheduling purposes. 

BT could just fill the time advertising "the greatest heavyweight boxing match for over 20 years" instead.

That's the line they've been punting all week on every single program.

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That collar reminds of the Neil Berry testimonial strip 😆

TBF I got the pic off Google Pictures. Not my mutt.

Edited by Pans Jambo

29 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Don't disagree with this and actually kind of thought of it as I wrote this post.

There's a definite nervousness and Souttar and Halks in particular don't look comfy.  BUT I don't think that comes just from the "high line".  And at the end of the day, if the keeper wasn't throwing them in for a few games and the other 10 lads got the points they probably merited, then the  nerves settle and they trust the system.

👍🏻

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

But the nervousness can be borne out of how much we push up.  We tempt the counter attack and there’s been numerous times we got away with it when teams haven’t capitalised.  

I think 3 times Rangers broke up the park in the first half as we were wide open down one side of the park.  St Johnstone launched ball after ball into the area between our centre backs and the keeper, forcing us to retreat with haste.  

Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the positive approach and there has been individual errors as you say. 

I just don’t get why we can’t find a better balance? The positioning needs to be better in certain moments in the game. Two full backs don’t have to push up at the same time.

We’ve seen plenty, entertaining, winning Hearts teams in the past who had more nous at doing both elements of the game more efficiently.  

As far as I understand Stendel's game plan, they would be getting tackled in their own half and would therefore not be able to punt it over the top. It's down to the mid and forwards to make these tackles and it's not happening. We back off and don't get stuck in ( as we did under Levein against Celtic, oh wow, I said something nice about Levein )

The high press is simply that, you press against their defenders and stop them making a pass. ( the only way to play against the OF ) Then it's down to the defense to stop any hoofs that may or may not land near an attacker.

I know other teams don't attack like the OF but never the less, you have to get stuck in early, and stop the other team attacking, the bonus is once you win the ball back it's not the whole length of the pitch until you are having a strike yourselves.

Can't understand why professional players can't get this simple concept right. Get stuck in, make tackles ,win the ball, have a shot. IF they can't understand that, then they really should be painters or builders as football isn't for them.

Lucille's Thirsty

3 wins out of 27! 

It’s actually horrid thinking about it, then you think we have 11 games left, are we gonna win enough games in that period to save ourselves, my only hope is that we play bottom 6.

Onto tonight’s game, a loss and we are down, a draw is hardly helpful, we need three points and with our record in Paisley I can’t see it. 

Please prove me wrong.

2-1 Hearts win. 

Ex member of the SaS
3 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

This game is going ahead.

Please do not post things like this, unless you know for a fact it is. People will look at this and think it's official.

Wait until the ref make the decision PLEASE!

Fire_At_The_Disco
6 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

This game is going ahead.

2 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Please do not post things like this, unless you know for a fact it is. People will look at this and think it's official.

That’s u telt 😂😂😂

Fitzroy Pointon
32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That collar reminds of the Neil Berry testimonial strip 😆

:laugh: Good spot. 

18 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Rain now forecast to ease at 6pm so 3.30pm inspection might be a bit premature.  Dont think a postponement is good for us as I think the quicker we get off the bottom of the table the better it will be for the whole attitude around the club.

If it means we have more players fit I want the game postponed,  anything that improves our odds of victory is a good thing.

Normally it’s a local ref who does the early check so likely to hold off until later for the match referee especially being a bt sport game. Remember a championship game last season between Ayr and Dundee United called off very last minute on bt

Edited by Newton51

GorgieFifeLife
2 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

If it means we have more players fit I want the game postponed,  anything that improves our odds of victory is a good thing.

Dark days when we are running scared of St Mirren.

The Future's Maroon
53 minutes ago, The Muffin Man said:

St Mirren groundsman fully expects the game to be postponed.

Probably cos he has had the sprinklers on all night/day and running about pouring buckets of water on the pitch.

After their game on Tuesday night, they want the game off!

9 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

As far as I understand Stendel's game plan, they would be getting tackled in their own half and would therefore not be able to punt it over the top. It's down to the mid and forwards to make these tackles and it's not happening. We back off and don't get stuck in ( as we did under Levein against Celtic, oh wow, I said something nice about Levein )

The high press is simply that, you press against their defenders and stop them making a pass. ( the only way to play against the OF ) Then it's down to the defense to stop any hoofs that may or may not land near an attacker.

I know other teams don't attack like the OF but never the less, you have to get stuck in early, and stop the other team attacking, the bonus is once you win the ball back it's not the whole length of the pitch until you are having a strike yourselves.

Can't understand why professional players can't get this simple concept right. Get stuck in, make tackles ,win the ball, have a shot. IF they can't understand that, then they really should be painters or builders as football isn't for them.

Totally agree.  That’s the whole point of this system. It’s supposed to be about forcing mistakes or forcing the opposition to rush possession to raise the chances of us winning it back under no pressure. 

It’s never going to be perfect but you need to get the bulk of it right over 90 minutes.  

1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Dark days when we are running scared of St Mirren.

It certainly is dark days, we are ****ing pish.   I don't fancy our chances with a weakened side.

9 minutes ago, Tambo_The_Jambo said:

Rain is off more or less, still windy so if it’s off it will more likely be down to roads & infrastructure 

The rain is off for the next 10mins not for the day.

Scottie Wanshot.

we should run St mirren off the park, they will still be knackered from there game on Tuesday, and the condition's might be a weee bit wet, as long as we play with a defence, and push this highprees game, which the players cant play.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
13 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok Dad. 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

TBF I got the pic off Google Pictures. Not my mutt.

I didn’t think it was mate, will be like the Bahamas in the Pans surely 😜.

Jambof3tornado
11 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Weighed up against them having played  tough 120 minutes the other night. Think its in our best interests to get this played.

20 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Spot on, and for me the one striker who is capable of pressing (Washington) is played out of position, he may not score many goals but this is his bread and butter and should be used for this exact reason.

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

Here's the current view 2 minutes from the ground

image.png.84eb512c5035e06c8ae6da14f3d234fd.png

Thought that was highlights of the Falkirk game for a minute ... 

Nucky Thompson
11 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

The rain is off for the next 10mins not for the day.

:D 

it's forecast for the next 18 hours and you're likely to get brief interludes