• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

2 hours ago, kila said:

The Met Office forecast :laugh: If it does go ahead, I hope BT are more competent than the BBC were for the Falkirk game

1520658524_Screenshot2020-02-20at19_42_47.thumb.png.41cb5dd5f68cefd27ff8f9f9f98165a1.png

Even the weather is against us just now, seriously how many games on the bounce can we play in severe weather warnings?

2 minutes ago, One five said:

If say the game was to go ahead is there a boozer that hearts fans go to near the ground? We are going for a few pints before.

No. Pubs near station best bet. 20 min walk. 

The ground is saturated already and heavy rain and 40/50 mph winds forecast all day and evening tomorrow. 

Just do everyone a favour and call the game off in the morning. 

Bazzas right boot
On 18/02/2020 at 14:53, wavydavy said:

You could sing that to the tune of the Hokey Cokey.

You do the gengenpress and you turn around and that what's it's all about!!! 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The ground is saturated already and heavy rain and 40/50 mph winds forecast all day and evening tomorrow. 

That sounds to me as if it's off.  Good thing or bad thing?

Injury/illness I would have thought it was good for us.  Might be good for them as well though.  I don't know.  We might also pile up more casualties in the intervening period.  

What do people think?

Overall I say good thing.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You put your goalie in, you take your goalie out, your defence is chronic so you shake it all about.  Someone finish it.  I'm no John Lennon.

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You do the gegenpress and you turn aro- FFS WHAT IS JOEL DOING OFF HIS LINE?

Sawdust Caesar
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

You put your goalie in, you take your goalie out, your defence is chronic so you shake it all about.  Someone finish it.  I'm no John Lennon.

I read all that to the tune of Hokey Cokey and thought those last 2 sentences don't scan before I realised they weren't part of your song. :vrface:

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

What happened to Lemmy? :(

If you mean the avatar, GT, that was Ray Sawyer of Dr Hook fame. 

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, martoon said:

If you mean the avatar, GT, that was Ray Sawyer of Dr Hook fame. 

For months I thought I was looking at Lemmy. :(

I've been living a lie. 

I vaguely remember Dr Hook, but being a nipper at the time don't remember much about Mr Sawyer.

You could be so kind as to confirm the identity of the present incumbent before I make a tit of myself yet again, please.

9 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

For months I thought I was looking at Lemmy. :(

I've been living a lie. 

I vaguely remember Dr Hook, but being a nipper at the time don't remember much about Mr Sawyer.

You could be so kind as to confirm the identity of the present incumbent before I make a tit of myself yet again, please.

😊

It's Walter Matthau playing Oscar Madison in "The Odd Couple". Jack Lemmon was Felix Unger. Brilliant movie, bud. 

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, martoon said:

😊

It's Walter Matthau playing Oscar Madison in "The Odd Couple". Jack Lemmon was Felix Unger. Brilliant movie, bud. 

I must've seen that at some point over the years. Loved Jack Lemmon in Some Like it Hot.

8 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The worst weather is Thursday night to Friday night. 

Sorry, I meant if the Hearts St Mirren game was postponed, would that further incentavise, the other two relegation spot teams to play better.....   Try to pull away from Hearts... 

56 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I must've seen that at some point over the years. Loved Jack Lemmon in Some Like it Hot.

Aye. Superb film.

"I hope my mother never finds out". 😅

On 19/02/2020 at 12:51, amadjambo said:

Disagree. Yes he gave a penalty away, but ultimately the blame lies with Souttar for that disaster. Clare has been our best player for weeks now.

Clare has played a part in a significant number of the goals we have lost. He’s never a defender and probably never will be. He’s looked half decent coming forward from right back though, mainly due to not being shut down. Put him back into midfield and I think we’ll see the same Clare as previously, he’ll struggle to cope with the pace and physicality of the Scottish game. All in my opinion of course.

On 19/02/2020 at 13:05, Sir Gio said:

Agree to disagree then. An awful lot of goals coming from our right side, bar his excellent goal against Airdrie, not much on the credit side.

Stendel to his credit moved him on Saturday before he did any further damage. I rate him as a player, but not as a defender, I think its patently obvious he cant defend.

This, although as a midfielder I don’t rate him, as his numerous previous performances in that role have shown him to be below average at best.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

6 hours ago, rick witter said:

I don’t think we can change it but to say that the team that was listed should easily be good enough to beat St Mirren is arrogant in the extreme and one of the main reasons we are in this mess. We can’t keep saying we have better players when week after week they probs they are not better and if anything are worse. 

Do you really think that someone on kickback saying that we should win is one of the main reasons we are bottom of the league?

Unbelievable.

If the game goes ahead and isn't postponed then I would like us to change tactics a little bit, Perhaps try and play defensive and on the counter attack for at least the first 30 mins, Then maybe open up a bit more and go for it in the second half? I think this could potentially catch st mirren off guard? But who knows, I'm still not sure what to expect but going to be positive and go for a squeaky 2-1 win for us! Naismith and Meshino off the bench!

P.s I would give Boyce a rest and play Denzel up front beside Naismith maybe have him on bench if rumours about him not training all week are true?

Line up assuming no one else is injured? 

4-4-2 formation

Zlamal

Smith,Souttar,Halkett,Hickey 

Clare,Bozanic,Sibbick or Irving,Walker

Washington,Naismith

Subs

Pereira

Garuccio

Dikamona

Meshino 

Avdijaj

Boyce

Uche

I hope we can do it! Mon the Hearts! 

8 hours ago, luckydug said:

this.

absolutely absurd to go ahead with this tonight

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm no John Lennon and neither's my wife

I'm off to bed with Lynda La Plante again, convinced that I will waken to find this has been postponed.  My phone app says the forecast is utterly grim.

Good thing imo.

Sure I saw Brandon back in training.  Think we might see him back in tonight.

Zlamal

Brandon

Souttar

Halkett

Hickey

Smith

Irving

Clare

Naismith

Walker

Washington

subs: Pereira, Dikamona, Garrucio, Bozanic, Avdijaj, Uche, Henderson

Ive seen some team predictions putting Bozanic in midfield with Irving.  Any time we’ve played that formation, they’ve been overrun, it won’t work.  Halkett and Souttar will end up out of position trying to cover for them (just think of the Rangers goal against us at home).  

Cut out the mistakes and we win tonight.  

8 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Sure I saw Brandon back in training.  Think we might see him back in tonight.

Zlamal

Brandon

Souttar

Halkett

Hickey

Smith

Irving

Clare

Naismith

Walker

Washington

subs: Pereira, Dikamona, Garrucio, Bozanic, Avdijaj, Uche, Henderson

Ive seen some team predictions putting Bozanic in midfield with Irving.  Any time we’ve played that formation, they’ve been overrun, it won’t work.  Halkett and Souttar will end up out of position trying to cover for them (just think of the Rangers goal against us at home).  

Cut out the mistakes and we win tonight.  

Smith at Right Back and Bozanic will start I think.  Also think Boyce will manage to make the bench.

Edited by barcajambo
Z

Pishing down all day in Paisley and high winds too. Quite happy if this gets rescheduled.

We really need the points and I'd probably rather try and play them a little later when hopefully we've got a little momentum.

With the knocks we've got, and the fact that weather will once again prevent this from being a decent game of football, I'd be happy to see it called off.

4 hours ago, graygo said:

Do you really think that someone on kickback saying that we should win is one of the main reasons we are bottom of the league?

Unbelievable.

The main reason we are in this mess is our players go out on to the pitch thinking they have to just turn up and they will win. 
That was clearly obvious in both the Kilmarnock and Hamilton games at home recently. 
It about time they realised they are the worst team in the league and try to do something about it!! 

That-Day-In-May

Weather is brutal here in Paisley. I imagine the game will only get called off because of the high winds. St Mirrens groundsman knows what he’s doing so the park will be fine. Hoping the game goes ahead the last thing we need is fixture congestion.

See for all the chat of our back line being too high and both fullbacks going at same time etc?

How many goals have we actually lost as a direct result of this? Not many I'd bet. An amount which make the tactic a worthwhile positive tactical risk.

The basic defending - and goalkeeping - of individuals at key moments has let us down. Bad decision making and technique.

It's an easy issue for pundits and managers to pick up on, our high line. Everyone else in Scotland pretty much defends deep and most games are that of attrition, something which holds us back. New tactic being used and everyone starts flapping.

It hasn't been perfect but all I'm saying is I wish our supporters would stop picking up the tactical analysis of our numbskull pundits and running with it to beat our manager.

The midfield and creative attacker mix is a much bigger issue imo but all we keep hearing is high line high line high line. It's boring and easy.

Edited by TheBigO

Nucky Thompson
8 minutes ago, That-Day-In-May said:

Weather is brutal here in Paisley. I imagine the game will only get called off because of the high winds. St Mirrens groundsman knows what he’s doing so the park will be fine. Hoping the game goes ahead the last thing we need is fixture congestion.

The groundsman can only do so much with a months worth of rain in a day. 

9 minutes ago, That-Day-In-May said:

If we are missing Boyce, Smith, Clare and Sibbick, there's an argument that postponement would suit. Not sure if we are missing them or not.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

See for all the chat of our back line being too high and both fullbacks going at same time etc?

How many goals have we actually lost as a direct result of this? Not many I'd bet. An amount which make the tactic a worthwhile positive tactical risk.

The basic defending - and goalkeeping - of individuals at key moments has let us down. Bad decision making and technique.

It's an easy issue for pundits and managers to pick up on, our high line. Everyone else in Scotald pretty much defends deep and most games are that or attrition, something which holds us back. New tactic being used and everyone starts flapping.

It hasn't been perfect but all I'm saying is I wish our supporters would stop picking up the tactical analysis of our numbskull pundits and running with it to beat our manager.

The midfield and creative attacker mix is a much bigger issue imo but all we keep hearing is high line high line high line. It's boring and easy.

I don’t think the high line is the problem. Its the turnover of what happens when we don’t win the ball back quick enough higher up the pitch  that allows the oppo forwards to make runs in behind and for the defenders to just pump it over our heads. 
Teams have been playing with high lines for donkeys years but the football experts of Scottish punditry think this is some new formula in football. 

We can all see it is the individual errors that are costing us game after game, some more so than others (cough pereira cough) but it’s also not being disciplined enough to take charge at the back to stop them playing through us so easily or giving up stupid goals. 

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It's an easy issue for pundits and managers to pick up on, our high line. Everyone else in Scotland pretty much defends deep and most games are that of attrition, something which holds us back. New tactic being used and everyone starts flapping.

I agree, players doing stupid/shit things has been the bullet in our foot recently, but there's very little room for error playing the way we do so I see the argument that we need to allow for that tactically.

Wind is mid 20s with gusts around 40. That isn’t going to stop the game going ahead. Rain forecast is nasty but looks to calm around 8/9 tonight guessing they’ll give it to 5 and have a look at the pitch and make a call. Sure I read its Muir who’s the ref and he’s a prat wouldn’t be surprised if he makes an arse of the decision. 

Feel sorry for the fans travelling with the anticipation and build up to the game all week and then waiting all day to see if it is going to be on or not, it kind of makes a mockery of the winter break but hey ho I suppose our weather is always unpredictable.

I just wonder if our high press system would work better in better conditions with the chance of mistakes lessened due to the pitch, winds, slips, falls etc. I know they are professionals blah blah blah but integrating a brand new system in the conditions recently and when we are languishing so close to relegation must be daunting. 

One mistake and it is very costly with everyone so high up the pitch gives other teams to expose and counter attack at will. Will say this though been most exciting games these past couple of months for a LONG time now even if results have been disastrous minus the Rangers game

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I've been thinking the same thing.

It's individual errors and shite goalkeeping that has cost us.

We've had a few scary moments with players having to make last ditch tackles, but that is all part of playing this styele

The Treasurer

Why do people insist on going on about the weather being fine in January/makes a joke of the winter break etc

The winter break has nothing to do with the weather in this country, it is designed purely to give the players a break

22 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

off the top of my head I can think of Burke for killie against us. As you say It’s stupid errors costing us.