• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

bigsuperslim1874

Thing is - if the pitch is playable then cool (and nothing to suggest it’s not/wont). So it then becomes about travel etc - we know 1.5k of us will be there (not all needing to travel from the east). How many St Midden fans are likely to be there - my point is if you can get there AND the number of spectators is low(ish) they would likely go ahead surely?

If they are going to call it off hopefully they do it shortly (by 4pm) not fair on the travelling support to leave it late and call it off. 

6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Will the ref even get to the stadium to do the inspection?😄

That flooding is understandable there, Linwood is one of the biggest holes I've ever seen.

How apathetic have I become?  Until I read tis thread I was unaware they were playing tonight. 

Just now, Tasavallan said:

How apathetic have I become?  Until I read tis thread I was unaware they were playing tonight. 

🤣

2 minutes ago, Ominous said:

That flooding is understandable there, Linwood is one of the biggest holes I've ever seen.

Aye, had the misfortune of working out there for a few years at WH Malcolms. A total dive.

11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Enjoying how confident everyone seems when they say its going to be on or off. 

I’m 100% confident that the game will be on or off. 👍🏼

6 minutes ago, flem said:

I predict the game will be announced as on at 3.45 then will be cancelled 1 hour before kick off. 

That’s exactly what I was thinking ...

4 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I think it'll start then it'll be abandoned.

6 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Aye, had the misfortune of working out there for a few years at WH Malcolms. A total dive.

Haha that's who I work for, I feel your pain mate.

bigsuperslim1874
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

It's got nothing to do with if 20 fans manage to make it. They're not going to put on a show just for them. :lol:

Ha ha - my point was if there were about 10k folk descending on the ground, the amount of traffic etc aligned with a he weather may make them think twice for safety. If only about 3k, then the level of traffic will be much lower and maybe not as big an issue if the roads are dodgy!

Bazzas right boot

The Rangers game went ahead when there was snow. 

I think being on BT it will mean they will try everything to get it played. 

If the pitch is covered that will be fine. 

All about fan safety. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

bigsuperslim1874
Just now, Barack said:

No idea. I've luckily never been to Paisley in my life.

If Police Scotland are busy sorting out flooding in and around surrounding areas, the last thing they'll be arsed with, is policing a football match.

True enough - IF the surrounding area is flooded. If it’s a bit further afield then maybe there is a chance it’ll be on.

Just now, Barack said:

No idea. I've luckily never been to Paisley in my life.

If Police Scotland are busy sorting out flooding in and around surrounding areas, the last thing they'll be arsed with, is policing a football match.

👍

looks like any rearranged match would have to be played on the 10th/11th March. failing this I wonder if they would just put it off until after the split.

Edited by eck1874

4 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

True enough - IF the surrounding area is flooded. If it’s a bit further afield then maybe there is a chance it’ll be on.

Linwood Toll is a about 5minute drive from the ground. South West of the ground and most fans driving from Edinburgh wouldn't go that far, but St Mirren fans might well do. Good indication of how much rain has fallen in the area.

Sooner this is called off, and we can all get back to childishly bickering about **** all, the better.

Edited by GinRummy

bigsuperslim1874
1 minute ago, Saint Jambo said:

Linwood Toll is a about 5minute drive from the ground. South West of the ground and most fans driving from Edinburgh wouldn't go that far, but St Mirren fans might well do. Good indication of how much rain has fallen in the area.

👍

7 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

looks like any rearranged match would have to be played on the 10th/11th March. failing this I wonder if they would just put it off until after the split.

Could end up being this Sunday. Like the hun game last week.

Edit  My mistake eck, didn't realise St midden play motherwell on tuesday till barack told me.

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Sooner this is called off, and we can all get back to childishly bickering about **** all, the better.

Hear hear. 

I have a few draft posts lined up ready to suggest Bozanic should be playing based purely on the idea that a player who hasn't played in the first team has suddenly become a better player....until they play for the first team again...

Just now, Jim Panzee said:

Hear hear. 

I have a few draft posts lined up ready to suggest Bozanic should be playing based purely on the idea that a player who hasn't played in the first team has suddenly become a better player....until they play for the first team again...

Garrucio-esque. 😁

On the one hand I am keen for this to go ahead, get a win and we are off bottom and get a big psychological boost.

But if it is postponed then Boyce and Sibbick are likely to be fit to play in the rearranged fixture 

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, norrie1952 said:

If the roads are that bad for travelling, forget pitch inspection. It should be off.

This is something that seems to rarely be considered.  I know we want to go to a football game but safety of fans travelling should be seriously considered.

If the roads around the stadium are so bad it should really be called off.

A colleague of mine well connected with St Mirren board has been told the pitch is fine but concerns around the surrounding areas of the stadium.  Have a feeling BT will want to push this through. 

been here before
50 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

How well do you know the groundsman?

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

BT will get telt to politely **** off. 

You would hope so, even more so when they are coming to the end of their contract with Scottish Football.  Supporters safety should be paramount.