Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

6 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

A month?? Closer to 6. What do you think their chances look like with heavily dimished education PLUS their parents livelihoods being destroyed. I include myself in this category after being made redundant recently. I worry about my son, I worry I won’t be able to keep a roof over his head. I am unwilling to further sacrifice his life chances by denying him an education. 

I'm only basing it on it ending on the 2nd of November. It may go on longer but I'd like to think not a further 5 months.

I'm not in favour of closing schools. I am in favour of at least making the restrictions logical and at least potentially effective.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adam_the_legend
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I'm only basing it on it ending on the 2nd of November. It may go on longer but I'd like to think not a further 5 months.

I'm not in favour of closing schools. I am in favour of at least making the restrictions logical and at least potentially effective.

I was including the previous lockdown and time out of school. That does t just get reset because it’s a new school year. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
57 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I know two friends with family members that have had to srlf isolate because kids in their class tested positive.  It was two different Edinburgh schools.

That is saying that the wellbeing of teaching staff doesn't matter as they are less important than your job.  Bit of a selfish attitude don't you think?

No it isn’t. It’s saying that unions wanting a unilateral closure of all schools pays no consideration to anyone else. Which comes as no surprise at all.

6 minutes ago, jonesy said:

They are very much key workers, and if they require PPE to carry out their duties then so be it. They have rights and responsibilities.

Offices could be very 'Covid-safe' if distancing etc is adhered to. Schools are fine, too.

A lot of buildings just aren't fit for covid conditions in terms of ventilation and social distancing.  PPE on its own isn't the solution and may prove uncomfortable to work in for long periods.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

No it isn’t. It’s saying that unions wanting a unilateral closure of all schools pays no consideration to anyone else. Which comes as no surprise at all.

Unions jobs are to represent the safety and wellbeing of their members only.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Unions jobs are to represent the safety and wellbeing of their members only.

Absolutely, hence why none of us who aren’t represented by them should pay any heed.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

In hindsight I should have said England, however as the Scottish app doesn't seem to be having any real problems and the English one has been beset with problems from day one, I thought it would have been obvious that was the one which I was meaning, but I'll make sure I make the distinction between which app I mean, if I post anything else about either of them again.

It's because the Scottish App doesn't really do anything, it's just a tracker in your phone.

The English one is used to check in and out of venues and you can check the local data in the area that you're in.

18 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

I was including the previous lockdown and time out of school. That does t just get reset because it’s a new school year. 

What's done is done unfortunately, if closing them for a further month enables them to go back properly next year with more of their parents in work I'd feel that was better than hobbling along like we're doing just now. As I say though, I'm not in favour of it because I'm not in favour of lockdown, I just feel if we're adamant it's the right course of action, then let's do it properly.

Was it really that long they were closed earlier in the year?!? I didn't realise that I'm fairness.

Dagger Is Back
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

A lot of buildings just aren't fit for covid conditions in terms of ventilation and social distancing.  PPE on its own isn't the solution and may prove uncomfortable to work in for long periods.

I'd agree with all of that Frank. It's not quite as simple as some would make out. In terms of PPE you're spot on. We wore PPE at Amazon for 9 hours during a 10 hour shift (2 x30 minute breaks). When that shift finished at 6pm and you walked out of that warehouse and took you mask off you were literally gulping in the fresh air.

Wearing a mask to go round Asda or Tesco to do your shopping is a breeze in comparison which is why I just don't get some peoples

refusal to follow rules citing discomfort as a reason 

5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's because the Scottish App doesn't really do anything, it's just a tracker in your phone.

The English one is used to check in and out of venues and you can check the local data in the area that you're in.

Tbh I couldn't tell you what either do, as I don't have either, and no plans to download them.

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

seems like the most basic of testing is being botched in the rush to get these things to ‘market’ - the recent excel one being a howler of the highest order :lol:

you can rest assured that no such issues will occur with the imminent vaccines which have been produced in triple quick time

absolutely no issues with the vaccines - no additional risks - none - follow “ the science”

so much so if you’re not fighting to be at the front of the vaccine roulette queue you should be at the end of the care roulette queue according at least one senior modeller (..... on here )

I will rest assured, and so should everyone else, that the vaccines developed in the UK will be as safe as they can be.

You have to remember that the people researching & developing the vaccines in the UK do have a bit of a clue what they are doing, whereas those running England's track & trace system, well everyone can see what a dogs dinner they are making of it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I will rest assured, and so should everyone else, that the vaccines developed in the UK will be as safe as they can be.

You have to remember that the people researching & developing the vaccines in the UK do have a bit of a clue what they are doing, whereas those running England's track & trace system, well everyone can see what a dogs dinner they are making of it.

Professionals versus wank consultancy firms who have been leeching off the state for years.

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, kila said:

Do you have the numbers for supermarket infection rates compared to schools?

Not that I am advocating closing schools... I want education to continue as much as possible.

I haven't seen numbers of deaths or infections by occupation for the second wave. Teachers didn't feature in the death table in the first wave but then schools closed quite early in the pandemic. Data for the second wave must be available. The Teachers Unions as far as I know have not based their demand to  close schools on any data on this. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
21 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

thats good Jimbo we need a certain uptake for it to be effective - no history of issues in big pharma and vaccines

👍

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Sorry if already posted what a huge difference this is.

is it realistically possible to transfer these strategies to the western world ?

like why don’t we just make our own stuff and compete with China in manufacturing - oh how do we do that - yeah pay the workers a penny a day etc - oh wait

probably qualifies this post as a doom monger post - sorry about that :(

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer
doom monger classification

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

My kids’ school have been back for over a month now with no cases. Not one. So where’s the justification? Because it might become an issue? Are the union happy for the teachers to get furloughed? That’s what should happen to plenty of them if the schools close. But the union will expect full pay.

There are two fundamental differences between schools and offices - firstly, we’re talking about education. And secondly, closing offices does not put a burden of childcare on parents with jobs. Not that the union give a flying **** about that.

A lot of cases are asymptomatic, so it's really a difficult situation tbh i can 100% guarantee kids in schools have it, but are going unnoticed as they don't present symptoms. 

The government has to weigh up is it beneficial to have kids of school etc, but also take into consideration not every child lives with parents etc. 

So they could be taken it home to an elderly person or someone who has underlying conditions, also with you saying parents working etc, it really is hard to strike a balance. 

Reckon we will here some good news soon, life will go back to normal it's just a case of when. Don't want to reveal to much 👍

Personally speaking i think it will be a lot sooner than they expect. 

54 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It does exactly what it was intended to do. And it is misleading to say that it is a "tracker". It doesn't know where you are, it merely knows if you have been near to another running app for a certain period of time.

I suggest you read up a bit more about it before saying it doesn't really do anything or passing it off as a "tracker".

https://protect.scot/

20 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

is it realistically possible to transfer these strategies to the western world ?

like why don’t we just make our own stuff and compete with China in manufacturing - oh how do we do that - yeah pay the workers a penny a day etc - oh wait

probably qualifies this post as a doom monger post - sorry about that :(

What has workers' pay to do with Covid suppression strategies, MMM?

Anyway, South Korea has an estimated per-capita GDP of US$30,644, the UK of US$39,229. There isn't much difference.

Now, if you were to research the actual strategies used in the aforementioned countries and then show why they couldn't be imposed in practice in the "Western World", then that would be different. Remember to include Taiwan in the list if you do.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Absolutely, hence why none of us who aren’t represented by them should pay any heed.

But you are happy to leech off the benefits they fight for and obtain for their members

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It does exactly what it was intended to do. And it is misleading to say that it is a "tracker". It doesn't know where you are, it merely knows if you have been near to another running app for a certain period of time.

I suggest you read up a bit more about it before saying it doesn't really do anything or passing it off as a "tracker".

https://protect.scot/

I was only pointing out that the UK app might be having problems because they've tried to make it too fancy.

The Scottish one sits in your phone and tracks other phones with the App. Like you say, exactly what it was meant to do

CavySlaveJambo
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Last I saw there was one (unconfirmed) case of a teacher dying after being infected by a pupil. In the whole world. 

That is because with the current incubation period being up to 14 days no one can know for sure when anyone got the virus.  

Also there is still the question over asymptomatic spread . 

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I was only pointing out that the UK app might be having problems because they've tried to make it too fancy.

The Scottish one sits in your phone and tracks other phones with the App. Like you say, exactly what it was meant to do

No problem. I seem to be a wee bit nippy at the moment. Sorry about that, Nucky. You're right, the complexity hasn't helped in the English/Welsh app's favour, although I would have thought that the sensitivity setting would have been one of the fundamental parameters of the app that should have been thoroughly checked and tested.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
19 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

But you are happy to leech off the benefits they fight for and obtain for their members

As a non teacher, there are no benefits to me from the teachers union. Weird comment

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Kids missing out on school is a) a driver in employers and employees having very hard decisions to make about their jobs and b) going to cause emotional and behavioural issues for the children. Closing the schools again, especially after the half-arsed attempt from the teachers last time around with distance learning, causes more problems than it solves. Teachers need to man up and realise they chose a job with a high level of responsibility in society, and that times of crisis require such people to step up. If they are not willing to bring on the next generation of pupils, get teachers in who are.

Which sounds lovely BUT they did not sign up for putting their lives on the line

Too many looking to blame others just because it will upset their routine and cause them issues..well don't have children then is just as easy to spout as telling teachers to step up

There are public employees who did such as Police, Nurses, Doctors, Firepersons etc and they should accept the risks as long as they are given the correct equipment/support to do their jobs...oh and some Doctors in general practice need to take a good look at themselves as too many are trying to avoid appointments not help

If we had a government who could actually do the job they are paid for it would be a major step forwards but too many look out for the party and friends of said party only worrying about the issue when it begins to impact on them

We have had time to track and trace and please don't tell me we don't have the brains to create such a system, we have failed to test sufficient numbers of the population and ignored many groups who should have been first to be tested, the government has bottled it by refusing to use the word no and buckling under pressure when restrictions were lifted too soon and too wide in scope.

53 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A lot of cases are asymptomatic, so it's really a difficult situation tbh i can 100% guarantee kids in schools have it, but are going unnoticed as they don't present symptoms. 

The government has to weigh up is it beneficial to have kids of school etc, but also take into consideration not every child lives with parents etc. 

So they could be taken it home to an elderly person or someone who has underlying conditions, also with you saying parents working etc, it really is hard to strike a balance. 

Reckon we will here some good news soon, life will go back to normal it's just a case of when. Don't want to reveal to much 👍

Personally speaking i think it will be a lot sooner than they expect. 

If you don't fancy elaborating on the wee bit of hope, what about a very rough idea? We could do with a wee bit of light.  

Edited by Auldbenches

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
26 minutes ago, redjambo said:

What has workers' pay to do with Covid suppression strategies, MMM?

Anyway, South Korea has an estimated per-capita GDP of US$30,644, the UK of US$39,229. There isn't much difference.

Now, if you were to research the actual strategies used in the aforementioned countries and then show why they couldn't be imposed in practice in the "Western World", then that would be different. Remember to include Taiwan in the list if you do.

you will notice I asked a question - if you didn’t notice - just to clarify I asked a question - made no statement what so ever

the example I used was workers pay in China to high light a difference which I believe exists in that rightly or wrongly some workers in some countries are ‘happy’ with salaries relatively speaking much lower than many countries in the western world in particular the UK and are perhaps also ‘happy’ to comply with rulings which the western world may not be - fairly straight-forward concept (I thought)

there are differences widely accepted of which I am very sure some play a part in covid suppression without doing any further research

put that all together red and I am fairly confident that it’s a relevant question to ask

if no-one answers fine - if someone comes back and explains why they could work here even better in that (a) they could work and (b) I’ve learned something

are you that someone red? :)

10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As a non teacher, there are no benefits to me from the teachers union. Weird comment

Who mentioned teaching ? ...weird comment

Still you will have leeched off the work of unions/staff organisations

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yip. Given half a chance, I'm sure she would want to convert us all into flat earthers. Imagine the melt down on here. I've stopped watching the BBC News now, due to their relentless Covid obsession and the daily guided tours of ICU wards from around the globe. ITV are far more balanced and appreciative of the fact that life exists beyond Covid. It was leading all last week with the US election. Some nights it was 20 mins before Covid was even mentioned. 

reckless behaviour enzo

i went down that dangerous road for a while but I realised I was not getting my full recommended daily consumption of covid stats and graphs

apart from there not being enough on the other channels any of their scientists are not “the science” and a couple of times when they had just about won me over they then started rattling on about aliens and  ley lines and stuff :(

best avoided

1 hour ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

thats good Jimbo we need a certain uptake for it to be effective - no history of issues in big pharma and vaccines

👍

I'm afraid my reasons why I'd be willing to take the vaccine is purely selfish, you see I have this game with the grim reaper, twice he's come for me and twice I've told him to GTF, which he's a tad bit pissed off about, and between you and me, that's exactly the way I want him to be, in fact I want him incandescent with rage.

So I'll do everything I can to piss the fecker off all the more, although I know he'll win in the end, but by feck I'm gonna make sure he has to work for me. 😂

Nucky Thompson
31 minutes ago, redjambo said:

No problem. I seem to be a wee bit nippy at the moment. Sorry about that, Nucky. You're right, the complexity hasn't helped in the English/Welsh app's favour, although I would have thought that the sensitivity setting would have been one of the fundamental parameters of the app that should have been thoroughly checked and tested.

No worries.

After Bojo's announcement yesterday, I won't have any need for the UK app again until March.

Hopefully the World will be in a better place by then

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I'm afraid my reasons why I'd be willing to take the vaccine is purely selfish, you see I have this game with the grim reaper, twice he's come for me and twice I've told him to GTF, which he's a tad bit pissed off about, and between you and me, that's exactly the way I want him to be, in fact I want him incandescent with rage.

So I'll do everything I can to piss the fecker off all the more, although I know he'll win in the end, but by feck I'm gonna make sure he has to work for me. 😂

sorry to hear that tosser’s been at your door a couple of times jimbo

happy to hear you sent him on his way with the proverbial flea in his ear :) long may that continue if need be

1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

you will notice I asked a question - if you didn’t notice - just to clarify I asked a question - made no statement what so ever

the example I used was workers pay in China to high light a difference which I believe exists in that rightly or wrongly some workers in some countries are ‘happy’ with salaries relatively speaking much lower than many countries in the western world in particular the UK and are perhaps also ‘happy’ to comply with rulings which the western world may not be - fairly straight-forward concept (I thought)

there are differences widely accepted of which I am very sure some play a part in covid suppression without doing any further research

put that all together red and I am fairly confident that it’s a relevant question to ask

if no-one answers fine - if someone comes back and explains why they could work here even better in that (a) they could work and (b) I’ve learned something

are you that someone red? :)

Ah, so your point is that lower wages equates with being happy to be do what you're told? It's an interesting concept - not sure I would agree with it though.

Sorry, MMM. I haven't got the time nor inclination to be that someone, especially when I'm half-way through the Daredevil series on Netflix. :D

But yes, it's actually a very important question to ask, namely whether or not successful strategies in other countries could have worked and could work in the future in this country. I think the Australia/New Zealand angle might be better though because of the similarities of their cultures with ours. I feel strongly that we need to learn from other countries. China is a difficult one however due to its authoritarian regime - I don't think, rightly, that dragging folk from their homes would be viewed in a favourable light over here.

The "social contract" between a people and its government, and the trust of the government by its people, would certainly affect the strategy used, imo. For example, the Swedish people have a long-time social contract where, largely, the people are taken care of between cradle and grave and in return they are willing to pay high taxes and work with the authorities to make their society function well. We don't quite have the same approach in this country.

I've just come across this article which discusses these types of issues: https://carnegieendowment.org/2020/03/31/do-authoritarian-or-democratic-countries-handle-pandemics-better-pub-81404

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Who mentioned teaching ? ...weird comment

Still you will have leeched off the work of unions/staff organisations

I pay a union subscription every month, for which they do very little for me. It’s basically in lieu of legal advice in case I ever need it because they achieve nothing of any note.

I’ve been discussing teachers. Not sure what you’re discussing.

9 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

:D That's the spirit.

Francis Albert
52 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

That is because with the current incubation period being up to 14 days no one can know for sure when anyone got the virus.  

Also there is still the question over asymptomatic spread . 

If so on what basis are current decisions about how to combat the spread being made? If no-one can know when anyone got the virus. And therefore how anyone avtually got the virus.

4 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

sorry to hear that tosser’s been at your door a couple of times jimbo

happy to hear you sent him on his way with the proverbial flea in his ear :) long may that continue if need be

Hence why I'd be quite willing to take the Oxford University vaccine, you see what is often forgotten is that this vaccine was already in development against coronavirus' and had been tested already in the lab, before Covid-19 came along, so once they got covid-19's genome it was a simple enough process to modify the vaccine under development to target Covid-19 specifically.  That is why the Oxford University trials were at the time away ahead of all the others, and probably continues to be, not by cutting corners, but because they were already way down the road before anybody else even started to even look at developing a vaccine for coronavirus', I think there were one or two other labs working on similar coronavirus research, but I'm not sure what their status is right now.

16 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Hence why I'd be quite willing to take the Oxford University vaccine, you see what is often forgotten is that this vaccine was already in development against coronavirus' and had been tested already in the lab, before Covid-19 came along, so once they got covid-19's genome it was a simple enough process to modify the vaccine under development to target Covid-19 specifically.  That is why the Oxford University trials were at the time away ahead of all the others, and probably continues to be, not by cutting corners, but because they were already way down the road before anybody else even started to even look at developing a vaccine for coronavirus', I think there were one or two other labs working on similar coronavirus research, but I'm not sure what their status is right now.

Spot on 👍 😁

54 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Funny post, Jimbo, but very touching too.  👍

Hope you, and everyone else on here, defeats the GR.

The spirit in your post is most admirable, good health to you.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
48 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ah, so your point is that lower wages equates with being happy to be do what you're told? It's an interesting concept - not sure I would agree with it though.

Sorry, MMM. I haven't got the time nor inclination to be that someone, especially when I'm half-way through the Daredevil series on Netflix. :D

But yes, it's actually a very important question to ask, namely whether or not successful strategies in other countries could have worked and could work in the future in this country. I think the Australia/New Zealand angle might be better though because of the similarities of their cultures with ours. I feel strongly that we need to learn from other countries. China is a difficult one however due to its authoritarian regime - I don't think, rightly, that dragging folk from their homes would be viewed in a favourable light over here.

The "social contract" between a people and its government, and the trust of the government by its people, would certainly affect the strategy used, imo. For example, the Swedish people have a long-time social contract where, largely, the people are taken care of between cradle and grave and in return they are willing to pay high taxes and work with the authorities to make their society function well. We don't quite have the same approach in this country.

I've just come across this article which discusses these types of issues: https://carnegieendowment.org/2020/03/31/do-authoritarian-or-democratic-countries-handle-pandemics-better-pub-81404

again you seemed to have missed a key word or two out - this time “perhaps” which changes the emphasis of the text from a question/suggestion (the real world) to what you appear to want it to be an equation/statement

no bother about doing the research not my bag either in this case hence I asked the question(s)

thanks for your input tho

11 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Which sounds lovely BUT they did not sign up for putting their lives on the line

Too many looking to blame others just because it will upset their routine and cause them issues..well don't have children then is just as easy to spout as telling teachers to step up

There are public employees who did such as Police, Nurses, Doctors, Firepersons etc and they should accept the risks as long as they are given the correct equipment/support to do their jobs...oh and some Doctors in general practice need to take a good look at themselves as too many are trying to avoid appointments not help

If we had a government who could actually do the job they are paid for it would be a major step forwards but too many look out for the party and friends of said party only worrying about the issue when it begins to impact on them

We have had time to track and trace and please don't tell me we don't have the brains to create such a system, we have failed to test sufficient numbers of the population and ignored many groups who should have been first to be tested, the government has bottled it by refusing to use the word no and buckling under pressure when restrictions were lifted too soon and too wide in scope.

Outside the millitary, there is NO occupation where people sign up for putting their lives on the line.

I didnt, nurses didnt nor did dentists/paramedics/ cops and so on.

Teachers throughout this seem to thnk they are a special category of profession who should be shielded from the public.

AS opposed to bitching constantly about being asked to be in contact with children- which is actually their job.

Lets face it, the wee lambs ( the teachers) really struggle with thier 6 months a year holiday ( 9 months this year at home on full pay) and are angling to get home again.

They are key workers and need to STFU

2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He really is just a shameless opportunist ****.

Why is he still relevant?  Was he ever?

**P.S - i presume the article was about Farage, thankfully my cookie settings wouldn't let me on to the Independent site

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Outside the millitary, there is NO occupation where people sign up for putting their lives on the line.

I didnt, nurses didnt nor did dentists/paramedics/ cops and so on.

Teachers throughout this seem to thnk they are a special category of profession who should be shielded from the public.

AS opposed to bitching constantly about being asked to be in contact with children- which is actually their job.

Lets face it, the wee lambs ( the teachers) really struggle with thier 6 months a year holiday ( 9 months this year at home on full pay) and are angling to get home again.

They are key workers and need to STFU

Conversely, Doc', I know a few who have been knocking their pans in throught.

I think a lot of the bitching is down to frustration at the constantly moving goalpoasts and seemingly scattergun approach to regulation that many of them have been labouring under. It's unfair to tar them all with the 'wee lamb' brush.

50 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Conversely, Doc', I know a few who have been knocking their pans in throught.

I think a lot of the bitching is down to frustration at the constantly moving goalpoasts and seemingly scattergun approach to regulation that many of them have been labouring under. It's unfair to tar them all with the 'wee lamb' brush.

To be honest I find the constant carping by my own profession a little feeble too.

The videos of nurses weeping in cars, tik tok videos from wards etc and discussing thier stress and turmoil.

Not really my thing

Lot of people seem to have lost their back bone.

NHS has probably never had it so easy.

Main challenge through this has been boredom

The Covid 19 shamdemic. Living in the history of one of the greatest world wide coverups ever. Systematically destroying the world economy so people are so reliant on the system that they will accept anything and everything they are told to receive state handouts. Already happening in Australia. Take a vaccine or lose their benefits. Then once everyone is in the gutter a cashless society will be introduced. Possibly a universal basic income based on people subscribing to the states will. This will in turn make sure nobody can work on the side and the state can monitor everything. With the ever increasing likelihood of artificial AI replacing workers they had to do something. Small independent businesses will be replaced by bigger more powerful chains and the fabric of society is being rotted away. 

They aren’t even attempting to hide it anymore. People aren’t even allowed to protest because it is apparently a risk to public health. Pretty well thought out if you ask me. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

The Covid 19 shamdemic. Living in the history of one of the greatest world wide coverups ever. Systematically destroying the world economy so people are so reliant on the system that they will accept anything and everything they are told to receive state handouts. Already happening in Australia. Take a vaccine or lose your benefit. Then once everyone is in the gutter a cashless society will be introduced. Possibly a universal basic income based on people subscribing to the states will. This will in turn make sure nobody can work on the side and the state can monitor everything. With the ever increasing likelihood of artificial AI replacing workers they had to do something. Small independent businesses will be replaced by bigger more powerful chains and the fabric of society is being rotted away. 

Pass the gun.

SectionDJambo
1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He really is just a shameless opportunist ****.

I wonder how he rates his mate in America on his contribution to the death toll over there due to Covid 19? You know, the "bravest" man he has ever met, not the veteran servicemen Farage has used to have photo opportunities with over the years. The one who avoided his national service. The one who has pretty much adopted a herd immunity policy over Covid 19, with tragic consequences.

Farage is just an agitator who is as big a clown as his transatlantic mate. Rumoured to be planning to live in Germany after Brexit? Surely even he hasn't that brass a neck.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic