Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

3 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It does seem odd that surgeries are not fully operational.

I managed to get a proper consultation at my practice but they are generally telephone ones.

well after i had my face to face appointment i got a referral to the hospital which apparently should be within two weeks..so thats nearly been a week. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

If folk minded their own business and left the appropriate authorities to deal with law breakers there wouldn’t be any issue. That being said, someone spitting or threatening you over a request are pretty much scum and would have been out without the mask hoping for the opportunity to have a go at someone. If it wasn’t you over masks it would have been someone else. 

It was on private property (my business) and I'm obliged for my staff and customers to request masks be worn. Said person was nuts tho. Deal with shoplifters, jakes and psychos on a regular basis, such is life with the general public. Appropriate authorities are no where to be seen, call 101 you are in a queue forever.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

well after i had my face to face appointment i got a referral to the hospital which apparently should be within two weeks..so thats nearly been a week. 

Hope you don't wait too long.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What so funny about a deadly virus? 

You're a card aren't you. You are the boy in the bubble and I can prove it. 

th-2.jpeg

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, dtgj said:

What is your definition of 'extremely low'? All boroughs in Greater London have more than 100 cases per 100,000. 

although the BBC are showing Lewisham at 99 per 100,000 as at 29 October (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274). 

And my borough is fractionally over 100 and falling on the latest figure.

20 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry to hear that.

Makes it difficult for the folk who genuinely cannot wear a mask. One time I went in to pay for petrol but tried to explain I wasn't going to be wearing a mask. The cashier wasn't interested at all. The second time was at the library last week. Librarian patiently listened to my exemption and allowed me in. It's called respect, and it works both ways. 

Not saying you were disrespectful, though. However, the photos posted by F@nny in Lanarkshite and the attitude shown by the likes of Vic on here are a great way of showing how folk can easily come across as sarcastic, unfeeling or offensive. 

Plenty of people tell me they are exempt and it's fine. I don't lose my shit about it. Even the exempt couples (hmm). If they do have a mask and their noses are hinging oot I politely make reference and they always sort it.

12 minutes ago, Cade said:

Farage's "Brexit Party" has applied to the electoral commission to change name to "The Reform Party" and will be running on an anti-lockdown ticket.

ANYTHING to get attention, that prick.

He must periodically come up with stuff like this now and again as it'll help keep those appearance fees up.  The media have to take some responsibility for giving him the publicity he is basically after.  Despise that opportunistic swine. 

Heartsmad1874
10 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Do you have a genuine reason for not wearing a mask?

Whats that got to do with you? If someone says they have an exemption then thats the end of it imo.

Your trolling is really poor at times. Plus i think Jonesy has you on ignore anyway so won't even see your post.

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

Linda Bauld not holding back.

aye she seems to be changing her tune now

12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You said earlier that if people can't wear a face mask they should get someone else to do their shopping.  As black and white as that?  

Francis Albert
9 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

GPs today apparently never considered wnen taking the job they would  regularly be in contact withnpeople with infectious diseases.

3 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Whats that got to do with you? If someone says they have an exemption then thats the end of it imo.

Your trolling is really poor at times. Plus i think Jonesy has you on ignore anyway so won't even see your post.

16 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What if he does and thinks it is nothing to do with you?  You are annoying people that much they are probably not wearing one just to piss you off.  

If we could prove that more people would wear one if you shut up about it, would you?  

Heartsmad1874

Bojo has said Scotland and other nations in UK can access the furlough scheme at anytime, if that is the case why on earth were they going to end it on Saturday until England went into lockdown.

22 minutes ago, kila said:

Where do you get this sort of stuff from? Do they float into your head while on drugs or do you feed off some conspiracy site?

Are free prescriptions, health care and bus pass also subscribing to the state? What about the state pension?

It's amazing how people can be so against things that are in their interest because some conspiracy says so. No wonder we have clowns like Trump in power. Folk just believe what they want to hear and fill in the gaps with nonsense.

All part of the plan. The great reset is coming. 

MaskedMarauder

If Scotland goes into full lockdown, which now looks likely given the furlough extensions, will we now follow England’s lead and ban all overseas travel? Due to fly out on holiday next Friday and just want to know if it’ll be on or not. 

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Gotcha.

Does your cult have a name yet? Will there be a rapture to coincide with the great reset?

18 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Bojo has said Scotland and other nations in UK can access the furlough scheme at anytime, if that is the case why on earth were they going to end it on Saturday until England went into lockdown.

I wonder if that means ANY time or anytime during the period they have it open in England.  Very different things.

6 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

If Scotland goes into full lockdown, which now looks likely given the furlough extensions, will we now follow England’s lead and ban all overseas travel? Due to fly out on holiday next Friday and just want to know if it’ll be on or not. 

There's a post 2 above yours which says that Boris has announced that furlough will be available to Scotland whenever. I've not seen the quote myself so can't comment, however if true then you should be fine.

Where on earth are you going though? can't be many places left

Just now, Victorian said:

I wonder if that means ANY time or anytime during the period they have it open in England.  Very different things.

You'd be better asking Matt Lucas

Adam_the_legend
9 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

Total disgrace. Sturgeon has gone from following the science to following the money in no time.

Heartsmad1874
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Yes, Doesn't make sense for them to continually refuse to extend it past October and then suddenly extend it for England and say other nations can have it at anytime. :rolleyes5:

Edited by Heartsmad1874

7 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Total disgrace. Sturgeon has gone from following the science to following the money in no time.

Assuming you didn't read the full story? The UK government wouldn't confirm if furlough would be available after December 2 when it finishes in England. She had a choice a) gamble and stick how we are (tiers) knowing that if our numbers rocketed and we have to enforce a nationwide lockdown we may be left with 0 furlough money or b) go into tier 4 and pick up the benefits whilst theyre on offer

10 minutes ago, Shanks said:

So are we going down to tier 2 or up to a full blown lockdown? :lol:

Zero leadership in this country, shambles. 

NS is after some final clarification of what BJ said earlier. Looks like it's good news

MaskedMarauder
Just now, Gone said:

NS is after some final clarification of what BJ said earlier. Looks like it's good news

If we can access full furlough money does that not mean she’ll put us into full lockdown ASAP in order to get the money? 

1 hour ago, Gone said:

If it's any consolation I'm sure she said Edinburgh was being looked at this week in regards to going to tier 2

Fake news obviously. She is too busy killing the first born of every one in the east of Scotland to appease the weegies to ever follow the facts

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, Gone said:

He says not just now but in the future. Yet another u turn by the UK gov, furlough had no chance of being extended just last week.

FB8F6FA5-11AD-4C15-A259-307EA58ED021.jpeg

1 minute ago, MaskedMarauder said:

If we can access full furlough money does that not mean she’ll put us into full lockdown ASAP in order to get the money? 

The opposite. The idea is if Scotland goes on a national lockdown whereas England are back to their tier system then we have access to furlough money. The worry was that we could only get furlough money if we followed England which now doesn't seem to be the case

1 minute ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

He says not just now but in the future. Yet another u turn by the UK gov, furlough had no chance of being extended just last week.

FB8F6FA5-11AD-4C15-A259-307EA58ED021.jpeg

Everything Boris said should be taken with a pinch of salt, he backtracks constantly. Starmer must have notepads filled with examples of it for last month alone

MaskedMarauder
3 minutes ago, Gone said:

The opposite. The idea is if Scotland goes on a national lockdown whereas England are back to their tier system then we have access to furlough money. The worry was that we could only get furlough money if we followed England which now doesn't seem to be the case

That’s what I originally thought but the papers are all saying she’s looking at lockdown by the end of the week in order to access this. I’m so confused by it all :( 

That's not a definite answer.  "In the future" or "whenever needed" does not confirm it's available after the scheme ends in England.  He was asked about beyond Dec 2nd,  he is too ****ing stubborn to answer it.

2 minutes ago, MaskedMarauder said:

That’s what I originally thought but the papers are all saying she’s looking at lockdown by the end of the week in order to access this. I’m so confused by it all :( 

That was the original thought process but Boris answered a question on it tonight saying we had access whenever required :)

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

That's not a definite answer.  "In the future" or "whenever needed" does not confirm it's available after the scheme ends in England.  He was asked about beyond Dec 2nd,  he is too ****ing stubborn to answer it.

If he backtracks now then there's no recovery. Independence would absolutely romp in

MaskedMarauder
5 minutes ago, Gone said:

That was the original thought process but Boris answered a question on it tonight saying we had access whenever required :)

Surely, to me anyway, if we have access to the money whenever needed even beyond December 2nd, then there’s no point going into lockdown now when cases are levelling out just for the sake of it! If our tier system is working then stick with it, don’t put us back to square one!

Just now, MaskedMarauder said:

Surely, to me anyway, if we have access to the money whenever needed even beyond December 2nd, then there’s no point going into lockdown now when cases are levelling out just for the sake of it! If our tier system is working then stick with it, don’t put us back to square one!

That's the plan.

We were only going into lockdown if the money wasn't going to be readily available afterwards

39 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

If they could hold off for the rest of this week that would be grand, as I'm a wee bit busy, a week on Tuesday preferably in the afternoon would suit me.

Adam_the_legend
25 minutes ago, Gone said:

Assuming you didn't read the full story? The UK government wouldn't confirm if furlough would be available after December 2 when it finishes in England. She had a choice a) gamble and stick how we are (tiers) knowing that if our numbers rocketed and we have to enforce a nationwide lockdown we may be left with 0 furlough money or b) go into tier 4 and pick up the benefits whilst theyre on offer

Yes, so my assertion that she was now following the money rather than the science was completely accurate. Good talk. 

Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

Yes, so my assertion that she was now following the money rather than the science was completely accurate. Good talk. 

More a case of worrying what happens if we were to go into a nationwide lockdown with no support. Wouldn't exactly say she's jumped at the chance of some money.

A retired nurse I know in Huddersfield has said they've seen one set of figures saying that 1 in 37 people in Yorkshire have the covid 19.  No wonder England is going back into lockdown.  Those figures are frightening.  

Seymour M Hersh
19 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Shock and Horror😱🙀

A geographically small island nation devolves powers , including responsibility for health, to different administrations.

But a worldwide pandemic leads to confusion as these administrations each apply different rules to combat the pandemic.

Whoever would have thunk it??

:cornette:

I hope we never have to fight a war this way. :lol:

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

A retired nurse I know in Huddersfield has said they've seen one set of figures saying that 1 in 37 people in Yorkshire have the covid 19.  No wonder England is going back into lockdown.  Those figures are frightening.  

How exactly would she know this? 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How exactly would she know this? 

He said ONS figures said those were the numbers.   Not sure what ONS stands for.  

Edited by Auldbenches

50 minutes ago, Shanks said:

So are we going down to tier 2 or up to a full blown lockdown? :lol:

Zero leadership in this country, shambles. 

If she goes for a full lockdown now, with her precious furlough guaranteed by Boris, she will make herself look absolutely ridiculous.  We need an exit strategy not another lockdown.  It will be for ideological reasons only, with no supporting evidence, if she decides to simply follow England into lockdown.

3 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

He said ONS figures said those were the numbers.   Not sure what ONS stands for.  

Office for National Statistics,  I think.

Nucky Thompson

So Scotland will get furlough money in the future if needed.

No need to follow England into a National lockdown then. :Aye:

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Office for National Statistics I think but how would they know with any accuracy? 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Office for National Statistics I think but how would they know with any accuracy? 

I don't know.  Want me to get him to phone you? 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

They do a weekly random community survey to extrapolate a virus prevalence.   3% could well be possible as it was nearing 2% nationally recently.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic