Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

9 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Cases seem to be on a downward trajectory now. Is it possible we’ve just experienced a spike due to uni’s opening and no getting back to a normalised level?

Of course, rapid rise due to Uni and schools returning , then drop back .

We are not following the science though, we are following projections/ furlough cash.

Not much point in furlough cash when your employer folds and sacks you, I'd imagine

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

What about the snoods that folk wear?  

That’s what I wear and I can tell it does nothing at all :lol: zero protection for me or those around me (like the majority of face coverings that folk wear)

Suppose it’s a comfort blanket for folk really.

An example of what’s been going on since the start - advice on the basis that it might help, minus much evidence that it does 

19 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why don’t you wear a mask then? What’s your excuse?

He doesn't need one. According to the regulations, snoods are perfectly acceptable face coverings. 

29 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

I am following FACTS and saving lives. 

Just now, Shanks said:

I am following FACTS and saving lives. 

Spot on - we don't need people criticising you for following the rules. 👍

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

People die as a result of lockdowns/restrictions. They don’t have a shiny new virus though so no one gives a ****

Yeah nobody cares about people dying from anything else. 
I think you’re confusing the Tories that think business is more important the public, or the flat earth conspiracist dentist haters on this thread. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

2 hours ago, steve123 said:

T cells traced in folk 6 months after infection, which with my limited knowledge seems a good sign.

Yeah 👍

Governor Tarkin
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah nobody cares about people dying from anything else. 
I think you’re confusing the Tories that think business is more important the public, or the flat earth conspiracist dentist haters on this thread. 

We need more dentist haters imo.

Ainsley Harriott
1 hour ago, Adam_the_legend said:

Cases seem to be on a downward trajectory now. Is it possible we’ve just experienced a spike due to uni’s opening and no getting back to a normalised level?

I think the spike was coming regardless we entered cold/flu season. 

Starting to get really pissed of, with all these bangers coming out with, guess what guys we may never have a vaccine that eradicates covid. 

They need a good slap. 

2 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

We may never have a vaccine that eradicates covid, tbh :sad:

Do we have one that eradicates the flu? 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

We need more dentist haters imo.

My dentist puts her tits on my forehead , I have a weekly appointment 😱😜

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You’ve got the best teeth and she’s got the best tits.

Win win.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Sorry mate - what am I supposed to be seeing?:hae36:

That Scotland would be better off making its own decisions on things pandemics and Brexit, than having decisions made by the Tories and idiots like BJ. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You’ve got the best teeth and she’s got the best tits.

Win win.

She’s taken them all out now 😬😂

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The people who voted No must’ve known that too surely, thankfully it’s changed now and only a matter of time. It’s a shame it’s taken this pandemic to open folks eyes to see what was clear to most of us. 

45% isn't most of us, bud.

I'll be double checking my change from now on.  :(

1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Don't think it would be an excuse, a reason maybe.

20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How does she manage that fixing your mouldy chompers? She a contortionist?

Fire_At_The_Disco

Ok my important question is in level 4 lockdown can trades work in people’s houses (extensions/renovations)  or will it just be construction sites and emergency trades only for houses 🤷‍♀️

35 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Starting to get really pissed of, with all these bangers coming out with, guess what guys we may never have a vaccine that eradicates covid. 

They need a good slap. 

I think the only disease that has been eradicated by a vaccine is smallpox. The Variola virus.

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, westbow said:

How does she manage that fixing your mouldy chompers? She a contortionist?

Depending on which side she’s on the  one is in my forehead, you do know how dentistry works yeah? 

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

45% isn't most of us, bud.

I'll be double checking my change from now on.  :(

Recent polls are up about 58%, you need to get off this thread and or out the garden mate. 

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What about your teeth?

Glad someone got that, imagine the queues at a lap dancing dentists 😂🤔?!?!

Apart from Blackpool rock abuse in my youth and a chip from offshore training they’re in working order thanks 😃

2 hours ago, jonesy said:

This is hilarious. Weeks of trying to be different from England with an absurd and illogical tier-system, only for her to drop her crusty tartan knickers at the first flash of the cash from London. The finest comedy writers in the world couldn't have scripted this. 

While I have some sympathy for @AlimOzturk's views, I subscribe more to the idea of general incompetence across the board. However, it is due to this incompetence that those with nefarious intentions* can and will succeed. 

*China's already doing quite well for itself, economically.

* Pharmaceutical companies, while employing fine scientific minds, are having money thrown at them and are answerable to shareholders as much as regulators

*Bezos developing his monopoly on, er, everything

Nobody is trying to be different to England for the sake of it. England are being different now and have been throughout. Where Scotland has been different it has generally led to better outcomes. 

The tiered system is not illogical in any way. England,Scotland and Wales all had differentiated responses but because England's was less effective they now think that a national lockdown is best for them. This decision may come back to bite them not just because of their cavalier disregard for the devolved governments but because there are massive variations in the infection rate across England. This UK government is showing that it cannot work with scientists, the devolved governments or English regions. It cannot create or articulate a nuanced enough policy to manage the pandemic and the economy simultaneously. Having taken a pro economic line to start with it is now inflicting damage where it is not required in a desperate attempt to prevent hospitals being inundated, not because they are interested in preventing death or mitigating misery, they are doing it simply to save face. 

This is not happening in Scotland. I know this because i listen to the briefings nearly every day and the strategy is explained to the viewers. If you watch it then you might come to a different view. 

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Depending on which side she’s on the  one is in my forehead, you do know how dentistry works yeah? 

Tits plural you said.

27 minutes ago, jonesy said:

You're out of order, and your post should be removed.

You do not need to provide written proof that you are exempt

(https://exempt.scot/)

What about the people who “forget” or chose not to wear one if they don’t agree with it?

ive had to remind several people to wear one in the last week or 2

and I’ve seen people claim they have asthma so they can’t wear a mask ... yet they are well enough to smoke!

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Glad someone got that, imagine the queues at a lap dancing dentists 😂🤔?!?!

Apart from Blackpool rock abuse in my youth and a chip from offshore training they’re in working order thanks 😃

👍

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Do we have one that eradicates the flu? 

41 minutes ago, westbow said:

I think the only disease that has been eradicated by a vaccine is smallpox. The Variola virus.

Polio is or was pretty close to eradication and Measles had been eradicated in many countries until recently (including U.K. where it is again now) 

34 minutes ago, jonesy said:

They're both in competition to see who can cock it up the most, TBH. It's a race to the very soggy, very pathetic, bottom.

Almost feels like Boris is Dick Dastardly in this competition though

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What about the people who “forget” or chose not to wear one if they don’t agree with it?

ive had to remind several people to wear one in the last week or 2

and I’ve seen people claim they have asthma so they can’t wear a mask ... yet they are well enough to smoke!

Are these people just randoms or people that you have to tell as part of your job? If they are the former please remember real life isn't an internet forum, it only takes one psycho to take umbrage. Believe me, I've been threatened and spat at for asking people to put on masks in my own place of business.

5 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Polio is or was pretty close to eradication and Measles had been eradicated in many countries until recently (including U.K. where it is again now) 

Yeah, close but no cigar as yet. Anti MMR vaxxers have a lot to answer for also.

Rather than a National Lockdown, wouldn’t just putting Glasgow and Lanarkshire into a Tier 4 lockdown for the next 3-4 weeks solve a lot of problems? (What we should have done about 6 weeks ago). 

There really is no compelling argument for putting any other areas into a Tier 4 lockdown IMO. 

If we could get the “problem” areas down to the same level as the likes of Edinburgh and Fife we would more or less half our daily case numbers. 

8 minutes ago, westbow said:

Are these people just randoms or people that you have to tell as part of your job? If they are the former please remember real life isn't an internet forum, it only takes one psycho to take umbrage. Believe me, I've been threatened and spat at for asking people to put on masks in my own place of business.

If folk minded their own business and left the appropriate authorities to deal with law breakers there wouldn’t be any issue. That being said, someone spitting or threatening you over a request are pretty much scum and would have been out without the mask hoping for the opportunity to have a go at someone. If it wasn’t you over masks it would have been someone else. 

7 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Rather than a National Lockdown, wouldn’t just putting Glasgow and Lanarkshire into a Tier 4 lockdown for the next 3-4 weeks solve a lot of problems? (What we should have done about 6 weeks ago). 

There really is no compelling argument for putting any other areas into a Tier 4 lockdown IMO. 

If we could get the “problem” areas down to the same level as the likes of Edinburgh and Fife we would more or less half our daily case numbers. 

It is everything to do with politics. She can’t put those areas into lockdown and keep Edinburgh in a lower tier. Her core support would be in uproar 

Governor Tarkin
37 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Recent polls are up about 58%, you need to get off this thread and or out the garden mate. 

I've just conducted a poll of my living room and 75% of respondants agreed that you talk pish. The youngest one abstained as he was too busy filling his nappy, which did indicate that he wouldn't need much convincing.

:D 👍

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Nor could she trust folk not to come through to our unspoilt metropolis.

It is pretty disgraceful the way the Lothian’s and surrounding areas have been treated in all honesty. We have got the numbers down yet still get the most severe restrictions imposed all because our first minister is unwilling to make the tough decision of separating it from the west. She is a shite bag and has done exactly what she said she wouldn’t do and that is play politics. 

Businesses will needlessly go bust becaause of this. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

3 hours ago, jonesy said:

No. No one can be 100% sure of the exact location of their transmission. Even the apps only tell you if you've been in proximity. Which is why closing down highly regulated places such as restaurants was another illogical, be seen to be doing something, step.

However, at the height of the pandemic in March, I was frequently sat - maskless, as advised by the government - during breaks in a dank Portakabin with about a dozen colleagues, including one French lad who tested positive and has, thankfully, made a full recovery. No one else displayed any symptoms and no one reported any of their other close contacts being infected.

On a related tangent, there are equally dangerous, easier to prevent, risks that occur on a daily basis. I passed three idling diesel vehicles on my way to work, just near my sons' school this morning. It's also illegal to idle while parked. But we don't have officious do-gooders running around stopping this from happening. 

A neighbour of my sister had a person in his house who was diagnosed with Covid.  He and his son didnt get it or were at least asymptomatic.  One of them is in his 50s and smokes 100 fags a day...no kidding and his COPD and asthma.  Bizarre. 

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

It is pretty disgraceful the way the Lothian’s and surrounding areas have been treated in all honesty. We have got the numbers down yet still get the most severe restrictions imposed all because our first minister is unwilling to make the tough decision of separating it from the west. She is a shite bag and has done exactly what she said she wouldn’t do and that is play politics. 

Businesses will needlessly go bust becaause of this. 

If it's any consolation I'm sure she said Edinburgh was being looked at this week in regards to going to tier 2

Farage's "Brexit Party" has applied to the electoral commission to change name to "The Reform Party" and will be running on an anti-lockdown ticket.

ANYTHING to get attention, that prick.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've just conducted a poll of my living room and 75% of respondants agreed that you talk pish. The youngest one abstained as he was too busy filling his nappy, which did indicate that he wouldn't need much convincing.

:D 👍

Thanks for proving you need to get out more. Things you love to see, one for the dentist deniers 😆https://news.stv.tv/politics/poll-support-for-independence-hits-historic-high-of-58?top

Edited by Pasquale for King

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Mask wearing has been sporadic here today.  50-50.  So far I've had a chin bib wearer who was asked to put his mask on properly if he was going to speak while he was being dealt with,  plus a "ho ho sorry forgot ma mask ho ho" who was asked to go and get it then.  He said ok but.. didn't.. then went about why he came in in the first place.

I'm just going to start telling people now.  If they don't give a **** then I'm not going to give a **** if they think they're unfairly treated.

Good for you. Too right. I work with the council , currently working from home providing telephone support to clients.  We can have face to face meetings with them but need to go through various hurdles to do so. I know the council gets slagged a lot but they are on the ball in my agency.   However some gung ho workers have arranged face to face visits . I suspect it is mainly to boost their profile with management than legitimate reasons for one to ones..  We are meant to provide " low level" support so god knows why these workers think they need to do face to face apart from the reason i stated. 

13 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Sorry to hear that.

Makes it difficult for the folk who genuinely cannot wear a mask. One time I went in to pay for petrol but tried to explain I wasn't going to be wearing a mask. The cashier wasn't interested at all. The second time was at the library last week. Librarian patiently listened to my exemption and allowed me in. It's called respect, and it works both ways. 

Not saying you were disrespectful, though. However, the photos posted by F@nny in Lanarkshite and the attitude shown by the likes of Vic on here are a great way of showing how folk can easily come across as sarcastic, unfeeling or offensive. 

Do you have a genuine reason for not wearing a mask?

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, no surprise there. As other medical professionals have stated, SAGE are using flawed stats. It bases it's modelling on everyone in the population being susceptible to Covid when there is clear evidence that lots of people have innate resistance to it, whether it be from previous cross reaction to colds or heightened T-cells response etc. 

Another thing that irritates me about SAGE is none of their assumptions/modelling/"science" ever seems to be peer reviewed. I always remember scientists banging on about the importance of their work being peer reviewed. Not SAGE it would seem. 

6 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

The Covid 19 shamdemic. Living in the history of one of the greatest world wide coverups ever. Systematically destroying the world economy so people are so reliant on the system that they will accept anything and everything they are told to receive state handouts. Already happening in Australia. Take a vaccine or lose their benefits. Then once everyone is in the gutter a cashless society will be introduced. Possibly a universal basic income based on people subscribing to the states will. This will in turn make sure nobody can work on the side and the state can monitor everything. With the ever increasing likelihood of artificial AI replacing workers they had to do something. Small independent businesses will be replaced by bigger more powerful chains and the fabric of society is being rotted away. 

They aren’t even attempting to hide it anymore. People aren’t even allowed to protest because it is apparently a risk to public health. Pretty well thought out if you ask me. 

Where do you get this sort of stuff from? Do they float into your head while on drugs or do you feed off some conspiracy site?

Are free prescriptions, health care and bus pass also subscribing to the state? What about the state pension?

It's amazing how people can be so against things that are in their interest because some conspiracy says so. No wonder we have clowns like Trump in power. Folk just believe what they want to hear and fill in the gaps with nonsense.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic