Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, redjambo said:

Great news, Governor! :thumb: Who's the father?

No idea, red. :(

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nucky Thompson
20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And the worse thing about it in England is they are opening them on a Saturday how stupid and irresponsible is that ? 

I don't really see what difference it will make what day of the week they reopen. 

You could argue that it is sensible making it a weekend when a lot of people aren't working.

30 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And the worse thing about it in England is they are opening them on a Saturday how stupid and irresponsible is that ? 

I know, never seen a pished person in Scotland on a Monday.

28 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

I know, never seen a pished person in Scotland on a Monday.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Of course he never saw the images up here. It doesn't fit in with his agenda of licking Sturgeons erse at every turn

For once in your life can you not kid on you're a grown up and leave the primary school banter to the kids. Absolutely pathetic

3 hours ago, SE16 3LN said:

Aw, what's the matter, gonna miss Nanny Nicola wiping yer arse in the morning when you go back to school?

And another so called grown up resorting to primary school banter. Why does what a politician in another country does worry you so much that you are reduced to a five year old???? I just don't get it. 

Edited by XB52
Missed a word

coconut doug
15 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

186 have died today (?) numbers creeping up it appears. 

0 in Scotland which is please. 

Luckily for Johnson though he can continue to count on the support of the Labour Party for the English strategy. The unrelenting hostility of the media and Unionist parties to Scotland's approach shows that they have no shame and little concern for human life. Almost every question at the briefings is an attempt to ridicule Scotland's efforts at suppressing the virus or catch our FM or experts out and now when we have no deaths it's, why don't you open up faster now that you have it under control? Nearly 500 dead in England in 3 days and almost everybody is on aboard with what appear to be the worst statistics and least effective strategy anywhere?

2 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Luckily for Johnson though he can continue to count on the support of the Labour Party for the English strategy. The unrelenting hostility of the media and Unionist parties to Scotland's approach shows that they have no shame and little concern for human life. Almost every question at the briefings is an attempt to ridicule Scotland's efforts at suppressing the virus or catch our FM or experts out and now when we have no deaths it's, why don't you open up faster now that you have it under control? Nearly 500 dead in England in 3 days and almost everybody is on aboard with what appear to be the worst statistics and least effective strategy anywhere?

Well said Doug, I have no affiliation with any of the parties in the UK, but I have been watching with interest how Nicola Sturgeon has conducted herself - She has been very pragmatic and careful with all decisions regarding opening facilities, social distancing and protecting the NHS - calm and cautious rather than callous and cavalier.

Her politics may not be everyone's cup of tea but she has been excellent during this crisis.

CJCJ anymore thoughts on Asians wearing masks?

The Real Maroonblood
48 minutes ago, XB52 said:

For once in your life can you not kid on you're a grown up and leave the primary school banter to the kids. Absolutely pathetic

:laugh:

Nucky Thompson
51 minutes ago, XB52 said:

I'm sure to take your advice auld yin 

Nucky Thompson
46 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

The media try to get all the 4 nations leaders to bad mouth each other and to their credit none of them bite.

It's been the same since day one.

The opposition parties in Scotland are there to ask questions and hold the government to account.

Do you think the Scottish government has done no wrong?

In fact don't bother answering that

Nucky Thompson

Germany's R rate hit 2.88 last Sunday because of the clusters in the slaughterhouses.

It's back down to 0.72 as of yesterday.

Proof that you can contain local outbreaks and not get a second wave

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Germany's R rate hit 2.88 last Sunday because of the clusters in the slaughterhouses.

0.57 today - https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Situationsberichte/2020-06-26-en.pdf

We've just got be as efficient as Germany is in imposing local/regional lockdowns (which we haven't done yet and I've seen no plans about doing this), tracking and isolating any outbreaks.

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The media try to get all the 4 nations leaders to bad mouth each other and to their credit none of them bite.

It's been the same since day one.

The opposition parties in Scotland are there to ask questions and hold the government to account.

Do you think the Scottish government has done no wrong?

In fact don't bother answering that

You're right about the media. I don't know why they are entertained, some have tiny readerships in Scotland and a strong agenda against Scotland and the right of Scotland to make its own decisions..

The opposition parties should be there to ask questions but they are found wanting almost every time. Quite often the question they ask reveals that they do not understand the issue or are not aware of the facts. Just like the media the underlying premise of most questions is why are we not more like England? Leonard has been screaming for Scotland not to depart from the path taken by Westminster and you have to wonder why. was he scared that Scotland might perform significantly better and embarrass the Unionists? He kept going on about why the Scottish government didn't pay death in service benefits to private care home employees. He was in fact asking the government in times of crisis to subsidise the desperately poor working conditions that he and his union had negotiated on behalf of his members. What a cheek. He castigated the SG for not providing PPE to these same institutions who had not made adequate preparation themselves even though we did not actually run out of PPE in Scotland. Who is to blame for the high levels of Coronavirus in care homes?  Is it the SG or is it the owners of these establishments who are responsible for the safety of their residents? Are they culpable because they didn't provide the material, standards or training required whilst at the same time paying absolutely no tax to the treasury or is it the SG?

Is it acceptable to blame the government?  This was a "Labour man" trying to hold the government to account for things that were not their direct responsibility. You think he might have known some of the issues around the care home problem being a trades union boss and msp but no, he chose to go politicking. What does that say about his and the Labour party's attitude to public health? Do you really wonder why they support the Tories so ardently and oppose everything generated in Scotland.

The Tories are even worse and yes i do think the SG have made mistakes but being cavalier with the lives of the old and vulnerable was not one of them.

Have you got any opinions apart from SNP bad? 

ONS survey prevalence on the rise then.    Rate of fall of new cases flattened out.    Ambulance in my street earlier... two others have gone past in the last hour(*).

* doesn't need to be informed that ambulances not necessarily virus related.

Hundreds of thousands of people,   if not millions,    hell bent on burning down all we've looked forward to.

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So Germany can do it, can we? We never learn and will no doubt make an absolute arse of it

The UK (including Scotland) has made an erse of this from the very start.

Far, far too late to go into lockdown.

The lockdown was only half ersed at best and barely enforced.

People with the virus being sent back to care homes to spread it around.

NHS caught with it's pants down and having to get people out of retirement and throw final year med students into the front line to prevent a total collapse.

All of this meant that the infection rates never slowed down enough, meaning the half ersed lockdown had to drag on for three times longer than it would have done had it been done properly.

And now it's all being thrown away for political and ideological reasons and the 2nd wave is about to slam the nation.

Three months of hand wringing and feckabouttery instead of actually acting decisively to stamp out the disease.

24 minutes ago, Jeff said:

So Germany can do it, can we? We never learn and will no doubt make an absolute arse of it

It's disappointing to say but I really do believe that the UK has mostly lost its ability to efficiently and effectively organise large projects and endeavours. We're just a mess, and I don't quite know why. HS2, our approach to the coronavirus, the mobile tracing app, Brexit - it just seems that we're unable to organise a piss up in a brewery.

Maybe I'm just getting old... :)

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It's disappointing to say but I really do believe that the UK has mostly lost its ability to efficiently and effectively organise large projects and endeavours. We're just a mess, and I don't quite know why. HS2, our approach to the coronavirus, the mobile tracing app, Brexit - it just seems that we're unable to organise a piss up in a brewery.

This.

Nucky Thompson
45 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I agree, although trying to negotiate Brexit, the will of the British people, was always going to be a feck up

coconut doug
2 hours ago, redjambo said:

You say you "don't quite know why". Presumably then you have an inclination. Maybe you could give us a clue.

3 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You say you "don't quite know why". Presumably then you have an inclination. Maybe you could give us a clue.

Aha, very smart. :)  Ok, just take the "quite" out. I don't know why.

coconut doug
27 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Aha, very smart. :)  Ok, just take the "quite" out. I don't know why.

It'll just have to remain a mystery then?

Dagger Is Back

Maybe we are just getting old but I agree with you. I think we've been badly caught out by CV and acted far too late. Given we were already badly prepared for such an event, it's been the perfect shit storm. Country started going  to shit years ago and the fact that we have some leaders who don't deserve to be called leaders doesn't help one little bit. Party politics and gravy trains don't help either. The well being of teh country has somehow been replaced by folks pursuing their own goals, ambitions and wealth

Interesting charts produced by John at Travelling Tabby. If we had had a regional approach in Scotland, the Isles would have been well out of lockdown before now. :wink:

C5C7C0DC7C2C4B95A4C46ED4DF0B74EE.thumb.png.5c9500f26c585b04cc45b710173e4a31.png

C69BAB99FF7D491EBE6F66E545914E7B.thumb.png.ba77c8b34ce9ab8b5cc6776625ee7bf8.png

Interesting charts produced by John at Travelling Tabby. If we had had a regional approach in Scotland, the Isles would have been well out of lockdown before now. :wink:

C5C7C0DC7C2C4B95A4C46ED4DF0B74EE.thumb.png.5c9500f26c585b04cc45b710173e4a31.png

C69BAB99FF7D491EBE6F66E545914E7B.thumb.png.ba77c8b34ce9ab8b5cc6776625ee7bf8.png

I think we'll all come out together and then lockdown will be locally, if required. Hopefully not. 

I have a theory concerning the current surge of infections in the US. A sort of play on their idiotic 'trickle down economics' absurdity. I call this theory bucketing down stupidity.

The deluge of stupidity begins at the top, Trump, and buckets down from there to wash over the entire population like a tsunami. I predict over a million of them possibly even 2 million will be dead before an answer to this plague is found. And even then the stupidity will confound the answer.

It's the home of the most and the dumbest anti vaxers on the planet. In such a retarded population this virus will continue whirling around tornado like for years to come. Long after everyone else has it controlled or at least controlled as best as it ever can be.

EbPTwlTUYAA-Oi-?format=png

Edited by JFK-1

Seem a report last night they described the US as instead of flattening the curve they have somehow managed to fatten it.

11 hours ago, redjambo said:

The tracing app it was in the press at least a month before that it was not going to work on ios and new android phones but still they ploughed ahead with it and had the audacity to call it a world beating system.Its pure pig headedness.

Harry Potter
16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Seem a report last night they described the US as instead of flattening the curve they have somehow managed to fatten it.

Flights for 39.99 out to spain, germany and Greece, i think next week, only a contact address needed on return.

too soon imo.

Edited by Harry Potter

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Flights for 39.99 out to spain, germany and Greece, i think next week, only a contact address needed on return.

too soon imo.

Money money.

Harry Potter
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Money money.

Yes, and i can understand that the tourist industry is toiling with airports and flight

companies at the front of the crisis, but is this such a good idea.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Yes, and i can understand that the tourist industry is toiling with airports and flight

companies at the front of the crisis, but is this such a good idea.

I agree with you.

Still too quick.

Due to go to Berlin in September on a jolly boys and if there are restrictions still in force I doubt we’ll go.

Which at the moment we’ll not be.going by the sound of it.

Harry Potter
15 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I agree with you.

Still too quick.

Due to go to Berlin in September on a jolly boys and if there are restrictions still in force I doubt we’ll go.

Which at the moment we’ll not be.going by the sound of it.

Thats a shame bud if you dont go, hopefully by then we should know more on the negative issues of flying

and procedures when returning to britain.

Still 2 months away.

The Real Maroonblood
45 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Thats a shame bud if you dont go, hopefully by then we should know more on the negative issues of flying

and procedures when returning to britain.

Still 2 months away.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

The tracing app it was in the press at least a month before that it was not going to work on ios and new android phones but still they ploughed ahead with it and had the audacity to call it a world beating system.Its pure pig headedness.

Indeed. In The Register on 5 May:

https://www.theregister.com/2020/05/05/uk_coronavirus_app/

UK finds itself almost alone with centralized virus contact-tracing app that probably won't work well, asks for your location, may be illegal

Britain is sleepwalking into another coronavirus blunder by failing to listen to global consensus and expert analysis with the release of the NHS COVID-19 contact-tracking app.

I hate to be cynical, but I imagine that some folk will still have made a lot of money out of it. :wink:

Nucky Thompson

Zero deaths again in Scotland. 15 new positive cases

16 people in ICU 

Edited by Nucky Thompson

The Real Maroonblood
18 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

16 people in ICU 

👍

JudyJudyJudy
28 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

👍👍 great news again 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

16 people in ICU 

👍🙏

Seems that Scotland may be on the verge of properly controlling this thing.

May be able to come out of lockdown faster than other parts of the UK.

Time will tell.

Nucky Thompson
20 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

100 death total today for the UK

Yeah 20 less than last Saturday and about 200 less positive cases

Some guy tweeted on the department of health twitter page that they were fixing the numbers because if they had done 50k more tests then you would probably get another 20 deaths :rofl:

Better not go for a test if it's killing people

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yeah 20 less than last Saturday and about 200 less positive cases

Some guy tweeted on the department of health twitter page that they were fixing the numbers because if they had done 50k more tests then you would probably get another 20 deaths :rofl:

Better not go for a test if it's killing people

He must be Trump in disguise.

Good their numbers are down on last Saturday.

Edited by The Real Maroonblood

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic