Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Forget about the whole social distancing measures for minute, how could anyone actually enjoy that? I would have a panick attack if I was in the midst of that. Genuinely my worst nightmare. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always thought the Edinburgh fringe festival was bad for crowds and I have almost collapsed entirely from them. But **** me those scenes in Bournemouth is utterly crazy. 

8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Forget about the whole social distancing measures for minute, how could anyone actually enjoy that? I would have a panick attack if I was in the midst of that. Genuinely my worst nightmare. 

When are you back up and running, bud? 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

This.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

I could be entirely wrong but isn't the figures something like one in two thousand people could be infected right now. That looks like more than two thousand on that beach. Mental!

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

When are you back up and running, bud? 

Work wise? Well I have started getting funeral bookings already. Few birthday parties booking (home) and most likely back out on the street next month. Most of my cancelled wedding booking are waiting for confirmation. Things looking up. 

It is hard to tell. I don't know how tourism will pan out the rest of the year. Might be next year before I am fully back up and running properly again. My mood towards it all changes daily. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Mental. Scotland needs to do what NY have/has done. 

I'm not sure we have that legal capacity but if we could do it, I would certainly consider it. All we can hope for is lousy weather to keep the cross-border beachgoers away.

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I could be entirely wrong but isn't the figures something like one in two thousand people could be infected right now. That looks like more than two thousand on that beach. Mental!

There is the possibility that the UK government is making a late attempt at herd immunity.

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Work wise? Well I have started getting funeral bookings already. Few birthday parties booking (home) and most likely back out on the street next month. Most of my cancelled wedding booking are waiting for confirmation. Things looking up. 

Aw the best, Bud. Hopefully you'll be rolling in it soon enough and it put you in a better frame of mind. 👍

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I'm not sure we have that legal capacity but if we could do it, I would certainly consider it. All we can hope for is lousy weather to keep the cross-border beachgoers away.

Can we not lock down locally. As in the border. :)

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, redjambo said:

There is the possibility that the UK government is making a late attempt at herd immunity.

More like headless chickens trying to herd cats!

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Aw the best, Bud. Hopefully you'll be rolling in it soon enough and it put you in a better frame of mind. 👍

Same to you. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Definately as long as the deaths are kept relatively low and don't overwhelm the NHS they aint bothered.

JudyJudyJudy

Just had a lovely visit to my sister and her daughter and her two wee ones. One is 8 years old. He was trying to hug me a few times ( as children naturally do ) and I had to remind him about social distancing. He was fine about it but just makes me think what have we did to children with this lockdown..very sad really... :( 

Polis dealing with the twats at Kelvingrove. 100 polis sorted out! 

Edited by ri Alban

Nucky Thompson
44 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Mental. Scotland needs to do what NY have/has done. 

No got the power mate. Thank feck

7 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Just had a lovely visit to my sister and her daughter and her two wee ones. One is 8 years old. He was trying to hug me a few times ( as children naturally do ) and I had to remind him about social distancing. He was fine about it but just makes me think what have we did to children with this lockdown..very sad really... :( 

Children will bounce back no problem.

The adults on the other hand ...:sweatdrop:

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, felix said:

Children will bounce back no problem.

The adults on the other hand ...:sweatdrop:

Yeah i think they will.  The wee one said when i reminded him of social distancing .." Why cant i  cuddle you , your  family ?" :( had a lump in my throat . 

Edited by JamesM48
spelling error

Montgomery Brewster
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I think after today, that the flu I thought I had back in February was covid. Did my first strip and retile. Could I breathe properly, could I feck. I've worked in hotter weather than today and never had a problem breathing. I nearly collapse cause I couldn't get a breath. I feel really sorry for the poor folk who are now permanently damaged from covid. 

You might have had Oc43. Very similar 

https://www.statnews.com/2020/02/04/two-scenarios-if-new-coronavirus-isnt-contained/

No bud, but since then I've really struggled to breathe as I usually do. Don't get me wrong, some of the timber I'm carrying is an issue, but from the day I took ill til lock down, I couldn't climb the roof without stopping. Up until then I was my usual 6/7 pallets a day onto the roof, yes I sweat, but I'm usually a machine,(Not my words, anyone who has worked with me) I'm hoping I'm alright once I get back into it. 

The stuff I was bringing up :( and the big abscess that appeared on my back, was horrendous.

I have photos of it, :D   :sick:

Anyway, thanks for listening to this stupid old fool. 👍 Appreciated. 

From one stupid old fool to another, ri, Speedy Recovery! :thumb:

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Can we not lock down locally. As in the border. :)

Can Scotland unilaterally lock down our border in case of a health emergency? I don't know. If it turns out that we can't, I hope that it is something that the Scottish Government will demand as a result of all this.

Jambo-Jimbo

I think after today, that the flu I thought I had back in February was covid. Did my first strip and retile. Could I breathe properly, could I feck. I've worked in hotter weather than today and never had a problem breathing. I nearly collapse cause I couldn't get a breath. I feel really sorry for the poor folk who are now permanently damaged from covid. 

Many of whom are relatively young as well in their 30's, 40's & 50's, in fact the truth is that whilst Covid has targeted those most at risk, namely the old many of whom had serious pre-existing conditions, it has replaced the old, with younger people with serious debilitating life long conditions, in their place.

The thing is, it's not just the physical impact, but the mental impact can be worse, I know I've been there, to be told that everything you took for granted, all the things you could do without even thinking about, is gone, it's history, from this day forth you have to accept that you have limitations and for you life will never be the same again.  I was lucky I coped with it, although only in my late 40's at the time, but I do know people who haven't coped with their new reality, I'd imagine the same will happen with some of the victims of Covid, some will cope, some won't.

4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

We might as well scrap social distancing from now on and take the chance

as all the good work has been undone 

Weakened Offender
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I heard today from someone who works in the hospital that people who were in ICU over January and February have been invited back to be tested and that a high number have tested positive for having had Covid 19. 

Dagger Is Back
5 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

“Well we told the British people to stay alert and to follow guidelines.”

“Some chose not to” said Boris Johnson as wave 2 of CV hits England 

Mac_fae_Gillie
4 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Been a lot of Raves and parties last couple weeks as well not just in UK but Germany and France had some major disorder events as police tried to break them up.. Really does seem daft that most obey the rules and guidelines whilst others flout them. I know though that even with the increase created by the raves and people in Bournemouth it is nothing compared to all of us just binning the rules.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Been a lot of Raves and parties last couple weeks as well not just in UK but Germany and France had some major disorder events as police tried to break them up.. Really does seem daft that most obey the rules and guidelines whilst others flout them. I know though that even with the increase created by the raves and people in Bournemouth it is nothing compared to all of us just binning the rules.

You mean some of us.

17 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Riots 😁😁😁

Just a street party last night, 200 people listening to music until 3am. Dancing, drinking, smoking, arguing, loving. No OB and no trouble. Massive hangover this morning though.

9 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

“Well we told the British people to stay alert and to follow guidelines.”

“Some chose not to” said Boris Johnson as wave 2 of CV hits England 

Nanny Nicola treating everyone like children. We should be trusted to behave like adults.

The last couple of days have shown exactly why people cannot be trusted.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Nanny Nicola treating everyone like children. We should be trusted to behave like adults.

This,

Governor Tarkin

Trumps America looks ****ed.

Back to square one.

Florida Governor blaming BLM protests.

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Absolutely mental eh.

I've booked a wee cottage up by Helmsdale from the 18th-25th of July. Thought I might be jumping the gun but places have been getting booked out rapid the past few days.

Looks like the Scottish tourist industry will be in for a welcome boom, but an influx of folk from areas with higher R numbers is pretty worrying.

The Mighty Thor
18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Indeed.

Scot Gov's cautious approach has really been working and now it might all go tits up because the bangers that rattle on about their 'civil liberties' prove precisely why they need to be told what to do.

If people want to gamble with large gatherings then hell mend them but what really infuriated me is the pictures you see of the litter left behind in the Meadows or Kelvingrove Park. The arseholes brought their 6 cans of tennents in a bag, take the empties back in the same bag you selfish halfwits. 

I really hoped that all this would change behaviours. Nope the arseholes are doubling down on their arseholery. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Indeed.

Scot Gov's cautious approach has really been working and now it might all go tits up because the bangers that rattle on about their 'civil liberties' prove precisely why they need to be told what to do.

If people want to gamble with large gatherings then hell mend them but what really infuriated me is the pictures you see of the litter left behind in the Meadows or Kelvingrove Park. The arseholes brought their 6 cans of tennents in a bag, take the empties back in the same bag you selfish halfwits. 

I really hoped that all this would change behaviours. Nope the arseholes are doubling down on their arseholery. 

Drinking Tennents says it all.

Joking apart it’s an absolute disgrace.
Sun comes out the scum comes out.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I'd be all for cracking skulls.

There's absolutely no excuse for this sort of selfishness. 

:seething:

Dagger Is Back
9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Couldn't agree more. The scenes in Bournemouth, Brixton and the Meadows for a kick off have shown that some folks just can't be trusted. 

I think it's going to be a recurring theme over the summer, especially if it's a hot one

Was talking to a mate last night about the pubs opening and both felt that we'd be giving them a wide berth for some time

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Dagger Is Back said:

Couldn't agree more. The scenes in Bournemouth, Brixton and the Meadows for a kick off have shown that some folks just can't be trusted. 

I think it's going to be a recurring theme over the summer, especially if it's a hot one

Was talking to a mate last night about the pubs opening and both felt that we'd be giving them a wide berth for some time

It’ll be carnage in a lot of pubs when they first open.

Dagger Is Back
7 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Indeed.

Spot on with your post. I can understand folks getting together, as long as they behave and follow guidelines but I think the bit in bold really frustrates. A chance to press reset with outlooks and behaviours and some numbskulls just don't get it. No way our front line workers should have to deal with crap like this

Dagger Is Back
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’ll be carnage in a lot of pubs when they first open.

That's exactly what we said last night. It will be like the last Friday before Xmas. Staying well away until things settle

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

People eh, like you say all the good work undone.

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Drinking Tennents says it all.

Dinnae laugh but I've been back on the furlough juice lately (Tennent's) as it's as cheap as chips. 

I've started getting a wee beer belly again for the first time in years due to the sheer quantity of the stuff you can put away without realising. Chilled to 2°C a box of 15 cans from Tesco is a snack.

Just managed to order two boxes of Moretti kegs for my beer sub though. That's around 60 pints so should last a couple of weeks depending on the weather and visitors to Tarkin's Back-Yard Taverna. 👍

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Dinnae laugh but I've been back on the furlough juice lately (Tennent's) as it's as cheap as chips. 

I've started getting a wee beer belly again for the first time in years due to the sheer quantity of the stuff you can put away without realising. Chilled to 2°C a box of 15 cans from Tesco is a snack.

Just managed to order two boxes of Moretti kegs for my beer sub though. That's around 60 pints so should last a couple of weeks depending on the weather and visitors to Tarkin's Back-Yard Taverna. 👍

That Moretti is not bad.

I’ve actually lost weight since lockdown much to the wife’s disgust😃

She’s the opposite.😉

Harry Potter
5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

60 pints , a couple o weeks :pleased: enjoy.

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That Moretti is not bad.

I’ve actually lost weight since lockdown much to the wife’s disgust😃

She’s the opposite.😉

Nice! :D

My weight has stayed the same but my body composition has changed a fair bit. I'm at the gym every day when at sea but obviously haven't done much in the way of resistence training for a few months.

My good lady has been getting bigger by the day, but she is nearly six months pregnant.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

60 pints , a couple o weeks :pleased: enjoy.

I'm not long for this earth, Harry. 

22 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I'll be going nowhere near a pub in July. Friends' gardens only for me. 

manaliveits105

Its strange how Beaches Parks and Raves are terrible but protests and winning league titles are ok 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Just a street party last night, 200 people listening to music until 3am. Dancing, drinking, smoking, arguing, loving. No OB and no trouble. Massive hangover this morning though.

Sounds decent. 😎

6 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Heard a vox pop of the arseholes that went to the beach at Bournemouth yesterday. 

"We setted off from Birmingham at 6am and got here at 10 30....." 

"Setted" Jesus wept. Thick as shite on so many fronts. 

Anyway. Glass buried in the sand. Campfires on the beach. Cars parked over driveways and on top of roundabouts. Urinating in gardens. Shitting in plastic burger wrappers. 

I despair. I really do. 

"Boris said it's ok" said one fud. Is it July 4th ya feckin helmet? 

I would shut the feckin border and let these twat featured rodents keep the virus to themselves.

Feckin planks, and selfish ones to boot. 

Just remember the woman who travelled to a beach in Wales cause she thought it was in England

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic