Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Good their numbers are down on last Saturday.

Still fairly high positive cases. You would've hoped that they would be down to the low hundreds by now.

England are now lagging behind the rest of the UK

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Still fairly high positive cases. You would've hoped that they would be down to the low hundreds by now.

England are now lagging behind the rest of the UK

Hopefully they can get a handle on it.

46 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yeah 20 less than last Saturday and about 200 less positive cases

Some guy tweeted on the department of health twitter page that they were fixing the numbers because if they had done 50k more tests then you would probably get another 20 deaths :rofl:

Better not go for a test if it's killing people

i'm here to test you for covid 19, i need a blood sample for it. pleas hold out your arm

475-large-carving-axe-660x481.jpg

highlandjambo3
On 26/06/2020 at 14:11, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

It is a really weird aspect of society here that some people travel to beauty spots in places such as the Highlands and then just trash them with litter. It really annoys me that so many morons are simply using remote places as a chance of a booze up without the risk of the law turning up and spoiling the fun. I bet they don't even notice the scenery around them.

Well done for doing something so positive yourself.

Loch Lomond constantly gets shat on in the hot weather/weekends because it’s closeness to the weegi 

Nucky Thompson
15 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i'm here to test you for covid 19, i need a blood sample for it. pleas hold out your arm

475-large-carving-axe-660x481.jpg

:lol:

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Yeah 20 less than last Saturday and about 200 less positive cases

Some guy tweeted on the department of health twitter page that they were fixing the numbers because if they had done 50k more tests then you would probably get another 20 deaths :rofl:

Better not go for a test if it's killing people

Sounds crazy but maybe it would convert a "suspected" to a "confirmed" Covid-19 death, or possibly a comorbidity death to a Covid-19 death if a test was done 🥺

6 hours ago, Cade said:

Seems that Scotland may be on the verge of properly controlling this thing.

May be able to come out of lockdown faster than other parts of the UK.

Time will tell.

Government does a U-turn (yes, really!) and will now honour the 6 month contracts for Student Nurses.

This was after the unions threatened legal action over breach of contract.

Dagger Is Back
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Government does a U-turn (yes, really!) and will now honour the 6 month contracts for Student Nurses.

Good news and the right thing to do. Very telling they had to be threatened to do it.

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

What about exams etc? What do they do for a year? Bits I read a while ago implied they were ****ed. Boris pretty much saying it’s their fault for helping on the front line and exams being cancelled. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Cade said:

👍

All roads lead to Gorgie

I think with the shocking figures coming from the USA it is time to ban all flights from there until the idiot in charge over there gets a grip of it. I really feel for the people over there right now but Trump trying to sweep it under the carpet from the start has ended in this disaster for the USA. 

I would ban flights from Brazil as well as they have another unfit for office leader.

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I think with the shocking figures coming from the USA it is time to ban all flights from there until the idiot in charge over there gets a grip of it. I really feel for the people over there right now but Trump trying to sweep it under the carpet from the start has ended in this disaster for the USA. 

I would ban flights from Brazil as well as they have another unfit for office leader.

Oh, there is that, but it hasn't helped when quack doctors took to the media telling any fool who would listen that there was no need for the lock-down in the first place or the thousands of protestors who took to the streets demanding that the lock-downs were ended.

Like this guy and thousands more stupid tw@ts like him.

image.jpeg.7bb700f5221d347c62603db2fedd4b36.jpeg

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Oh, there is that, but it hasn't helped when quack doctors took to the media telling any fool who would listen that there was no need for the lock-down in the first place or the thousands of protestors who took to the streets demanding that the lock-downs were ended.

Like this guy and thousands more stupid tw@ts like him.

image.jpeg.7bb700f5221d347c62603db2fedd4b36.jpeg

Hopefully he now has the second request on his wish list. What a tw@t.

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Hopefully he now has the second request on his wish list. What a tw@t.

Yeh, possibly, but so might have the rest of his family, his neighbours and workmates.

All roads lead to Gorgie
Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yeh, possibly, but so might have the rest of his family, his neighbours and workmates.

Interesting to see how many older folks are in that photo, if anyone should fear the virus it is that demographic. Many may be shop owners with concerns but they are being hoodwinked into not taking the severity of the pandemic seriously and its threat to prosperity of businesses in the years to come.

I was joking I wouldn't wish the virus on anybody but that younger guy with the slogan really needs to take a long hard think. Maybe he has changed his views with the latest figures but I suspect his brain cells are not up to that level.

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

or the idiot gtf

All roads lead to Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

or the idiot gtf

That would be a huge step forward for the world as a whole.

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Zero deaths again and only 8 positive cases. Great news again

Brilliant.

I'm delighted with todays figures but obviously mindful this is the weekend.  Zero here👍

"Another 21 people have died of coronavirus in hospitals in England and in Wales and Northern Ireland, taking the total death toll to 43,535.

NHS England today confirmed another 18 fatalities in its hospitals, while two more people have died in Wales and one in Northern Ireland."

Worryingly for England though is the spike in Leicester.

"The Department of Health said it has sent extra testing units to Leicester to try and get on top of the virus and urged residents there to be strict about social distancing and washing their hands. 

Home Secretary Priti Patel said on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show this morning it was 'correct' that a local lockdown was on the cards, adding: 'With local flare-ups it is right we have a localised solution'.

She added: 'We have seen flare-ups across the country in recent weeks, in just the last three or four weeks in particular.'

36 minutes ago, Cade said:

One more week and Scotland may be in almost the same position as NZ.

Which is very, very good news.

If only we could break off and float into the Pacific to join them!

Jambo-Jimbo
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

New evidence that the Coronavirus didn't originate in China. 

Can you expand on that, like what is the new evidence or a link to where we can find it, cheers 👍

7 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Can you expand on that, like what is the new evidence or a link to where we can find it, cheers 👍

Spanish sewer system casts doubt on the origins of covid. Sars/coronavirus was found there last spring. 

Research from the University of Barcelona

Edited by ri Alban

Jambo-Jimbo
25 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Hardly even worth worrying about this in Scotland the now.  Numbers are so low. 

And that could be the most dangerous time, because complacency can set in, and before we know it, bang...........back to square one.

Got to stay focused for a wee while longer.

Jambo-Jimbo
3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Spanish sewer system casts doubt on the origins of covid. Sars/coronavirus was found there last spring. 

Yes, I'd heard that the Spanish had detected it in the sewars, but not as far back as March 2019 that's new, last I knew it was December 2019 they had traced it back to.

That is a very worrying development if it's been around for so long and may potentially have muted into a more deadly form, if it's done it once I can do it again, that has to be the fear.

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yes, I'd heard that the Spanish had detected it in the sewars, but not as far back as March 2019 that's new, last I knew it was December 2019 they had traced it back to.

That is a very worrying development if it's been around for so long and may potentially have muted into a more deadly form, if it's done it once I can do it again, that has to be the fear.

I'm trying to think which animals migrate from Europe and China. I'll need to Google it. 

Italy have also found it. BTW. 

They believe it has not been contagious until, well... We all know. 

Edited by ri Alban

8 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN23X2HQ

More likely to be a false positive, and weird that they didn't find it again for months.

Weakened Offender
On 27/06/2020 at 13:22, weehammy said:

That’s right but the SG wasn’t ‘cavalier’ as hundreds of elderly care home residents died - even though this was as a direct result of its policy.

What was that policy and what should it have been? 

Governor Tarkin
40 minutes ago, Cade said:

Releasing OAPs back into their care homes was a terrible, terrible error on both sides of the border.

In hindsight it was, but to be fair to the decision makers, they were shitting themselves over the NHS becoming rapidly swamped by covid cases. I would say that the unprepardeness of the care home sector that they were sent back to was the weak link.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

And that could be the most dangerous time, because complacency can set in, and before we know it, bang...........back to square one.

Got to stay focused for a wee while longer.

Yeah I am unsure what would make me stop wearing a mask in a shop or social distancing...to be honest.  But the signs are really positive just now and Im delighted. 

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah I am unsure what would make me stop wearing a mask in a shop or social distancing...to be honest. 

The chance of your Nat King. 👍

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Yeah I am unsure what would make me stop wearing a mask in a shop or social distancing...to be honest.  But the signs are really positive just now and Im delighted. 

Wearing a mask only protects other people from you spreading it 

All roads lead to Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Wearing a mask only protects other people from you spreading it 

And vice versa so it would be better if everyone wore them in shops. 

Nucky Thompson

Although the infections are shooting up in the USA again, the death rate is averaging at 600 a day. The last time the infections were that high they were averaging 2200 a day.

Maybe another sign that the virus is not as deadly as it was in March and April, or maybe the doctors understand it more and are able to treat it better

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

And vice versa so it would be better if everyone wore them in shops. 

Totally agree, although there was only me and one other person wearing one in home bargains yesterday morning.

It pisses you off that you are going to the trouble and other people don't give a toss

CavySlaveJambo

Although the infections are shooting up in the USA again, the death rate is averaging at 600 a day. The last time the infections were that high they were averaging 2200 a day.

Maybe another sign that the virus is not as deadly as it was in March and April, or maybe the doctors understand it more and are able to treat it better

Deaths lag by 2-3 weeks. So the increase may still come

Just now, CavySlaveJambo said:

Deaths lag by 2-3 weeks. So the increase may still come

yep, 2-3 weeks from now is when we will see if it is still as deadly

The Real Maroonblood

Totally agree, although there was only me and one other person wearing one in home bargains yesterday morning.

It pisses you off that you are going to the trouble and other people don't give a toss

Same in Tesco's a few days ago.

Only a few wearing them. My other half and myself wearing them. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

yep, 2-3 weeks from now is when we will see if it is still as deadly

China didn't have any deaths from their 2nd cluster of cases.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

China didn't have any deaths from their 2nd cluster of cases.

what number of cases did they get? i also dont trust the numbers from china, they might have decided to not report any deaths

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I take a mask every time I go to a shop but if it is a big supermarket you see less people wearing them. At really quiet times and a distance away from the checkouts I have taken it off but always carry one with me as I think everyone should for a period yet. We are beating this and I think masks are making a difference, should have been the advice from the start though.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic