Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think if you're the kind of person who gets riled enough to take to a football forum and have a hissy fit about a woman in the public domain being referred to by her first name then your feelings were always going to be a bit vulnerable pal. 😊

I wasn't riled or taking a hissy fit, more like having a wee chuckle to myself

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I wasn't riled or taking a hissy fit, more like having a wee chuckle to myself

Looked like a hissy fit to me, like.

🙄

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Looked like a hissy fit to me, like.

🙄

Piss off :lol:

8 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

I’ve seen reports that ICUs are full in some places in the US. 

i saw a report that in i think texas there were 5000 people being admitted to hospital each day. yes that does not mean they are all being admitted to ICU but is a significant number

31 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Read the post again.

I don't find them cringey. Just the people who have started calling her Nicola just because Boris has always been referred to by his Christian name.

Get of your high horse and get that big tartan chip off your shoulder

Says one of the biggest britnats on here. Thank god we have Nicola here and not Boris😃😃

Governor Tarkin

We need more Britnats and Christian names, imo.

20200629_153854.jpg

Edited by Governor Tarkin

Nucky Thompson

Back on topic :whistling:

Only 25 UK deaths in all settings. Still getting 815 new positive cases though

Francis Albert

I assume that Coronavirus is now so far in retreat that this can now become just yet another independence/nationalist/unionist thread. Seemingly you can never have enough of them.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Back on topic :whistling:

Only 25 UK deaths in all settings. Still getting 815 new positive cases though

The UK has been averaging around 100 deaths a day for the last few weeks., the reported numbers very low at the weekend (as reported Sunday/Monday) but rising to three figures on other days. 

The results in Scotland are fantastic, considering the fact we’ve had protests, packed beaches, parks etc etc over the past few weeks and have still managed to keep our numbers down. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

The UK has been averaging around 100 deaths a day for the last few weeks., the reported numbers very low at the weekend (as reported Sunday/Monday) but rising to three figures on other days. 

No it hasn't.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Same here. We spray and wipe all our shopping, then the shopping bags.  

Have done so for months.

We disinfect all our shopping as soon as we get it home, but have never thought about doing the same to the bags.  Might just start that too.  

What about shoes?  We leave all our outdoor shoes outside. 

Also, any clothes that we have sat on trains in, straight into the washing machine.  

Nucky Thompson
24 minutes ago, Morgan said:

We disinfect all our shopping as soon as we get it home, but have never thought about doing the same to the bags.  Might just start that too.  

Also, any clothes that we have sat on trains in, straight into the washing machine.  

Is all that really necessary? 

If I was that scared, I think I would just stay in the house

Keystone Cops response to the first apparent localised spike.    Who would have thunk it?     The local authority completely in the dark.    Government staggering around like a drunk sailor.

Arseholes.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Keystone Cops response to the first apparent localised spike.    Who would have thunk it?     The local authority completely in the dark.    Government staggering around like a drunk sailor.

Arseholes.

They are clueless like. Zero talent in the cabinet 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They are clueless like. Zero talent in the cabinet 

There's a command and control dysfunction there.    A lot of the people are perfectly capable of heading up departments but there's an engrained paralysis of direction.    Not helped by the dynamic at the very top.    A disinterested PM and an unaccountable de facto leader.

26 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Is all that really necessary? 

If I was that scared, I think I would just stay in the house

Necessary or not, we’ve been doing it since mid-March and (touchwood) have been fine, so see no good reason to stop now.

43 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Sturgeon is populism. Nothing more

Agreed. She is playing a political game with Coronavirus and I'll tell you something it is working like a treat. Her popularity is at an all time high. Do hell with all her other failures...the lassie has copied the model but kept it back for two weeks. 

We should not be under any sort of lockdown anymore but for some reason people here in Scotland seem to think we can stay in it for as long as we need without causing even more significant harm to the economy. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Agreed. She is playing a political game with Coronavirus and I'll tell you something it is working like a treat. Her popularity is at an all time high. Do hell with all her other failures...the lassie has copied the model but kept it back for two weeks. 

We should not be under any sort of lockdown anymore but for some reason people here in Scotland seem to think we can stay in it for as long as we need without causing even more significant harm to the economy. 

Her 'political game' is on course to eradicating Covid 19 in Scotland. Playing a blinder. 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Her 'political game' is on course to eradicating Covid 19 in Scotland. Playing a blinder. 

She certainly is.

A few posters notably missing just now.😃

Nucky Thompson

Gilead sets the price for Remdesivir at $390 per vial. Typical treatment for a person is between 5-10 vials.

Greedy pharmaceutical companies strike again

5 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Is everyone now calling her Nicola because the PM is referred to as Boris :lol:

Blair, Brown, Cameron or even Salmond weren't referred to by their Christian names

I always refer to the first minister.

I like it.

It's very Scottish.

I think in answer a lot of conservatives  and especially women appreciate her.

She is very competent.

Edited by jake

2 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Certainly succeeded in eradicating hundreds of elderly care home residents. Woohoo!

To be fair, both Scotland and England ****ed up the care homes, scandalous situation. 

Nucky Thompson
25 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Staying 2 weeks behind England seems to be working a treat, I'll give her that.

Northern Ireland is on course to eradicating it too and they are opening up certain things quicker than England.

I think a lot of it is down to both Countries being less populous than England

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Northern Ireland is on course to eradicating it too and they are opening up certain things quicker than England.

Sorry nucky not after you.

2 weeks behind is good science.

3 minutes ago, jake said:

Sorry nucky not after you.

2 weeks behind is good science.

And politics

Overheard on the telly earlier that Wimbledon was the only major event with pandemic insurance. Somebody at senior management level is going to be feeling a bit smug. 

5 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah. Shoes left in the porch. Not sprayed every time though. Probably should.

Hope you are well, mon ami.

Aye, fine here.

I would use your ‘Christian’ name but that’s now against the rules, apparently.  :) 

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

I have taken a reusable bag for shopping for the last few months.  I used to change my clothes when I got back home but stopped that weeks ago.  I tend to sometimes leave my shoes outside my door. I suppose my anxieties are easing off .  

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I have taken a reusable bag for shopping for the last few months.  I used to change my clothes when I got back home but stopped that weeks ago.  I tend to sometimes leave my shoes outside my door. I suppose my anxieties are easing off .  

It’s all to do what makes you feel safe and secure.

33 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Overheard on the telly earlier that Wimbledon was the only major event with pandemic insurance. Somebody at senior management level is going to be feeling a bit smug. 

Or under scrutiny from the likes of .....

Me 

😄

The Mighty Thor
50 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's also 2 very different deliveries of effectively the same message being played out to two very different populations. 

The delivery of the message appears more credible up here hence the difference in the adoption and compliance. 

The exit plan up here seems more credible and realistic and the results appear to prove the wisdom of adopting a ca' canny approach. 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Leicester back into stricter lockdown after a spike. So much for the claims that it's next to impossible to catch now and we'd never go back into lockdown.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/leicester-lockdown-latest-rules-boris-johnson-local-covid-19-200940768.html

The mayor of Leicester was on 5live today. Complex community structures leading to a spike in predominantly BAME demographic.

Feck knows how a local lockdown will be observed when the rest of England has effectively chucked it?

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

The mayor of Leicester was on 5live today. Complex community structures leading to a spike in predominantly BAME demographic.

Feck knows how a local lockdown will be observed when the rest of England has effectively chucked it?

Banking on the fact that nobody in their right mind would want to travel to Leicester at the best of times, never mind when it's riddled with Covid. How they'll stop Leicester residents leaving and spreading around the rest of the country is certainly an issue though.

With regards to Leicester does that also include the team? Will the business be afforded local furlough schemes?

How the feck do you just lockdown one city?

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Ray Gin said:

Banking on the fact that nobody in their right mind would want to travel to Leicester at the best of times, never mind when it's riddled with Covid. How they'll stop Leicester residents leaving and spreading around the rest of the country is certainly an issue though.

Big test for the government. This is their plan, open it all up and test trace and isolate or whack a mole as the dishevelled one would say. 

God speed 🙏 

Nucky Thompson

They have to try local lockdowns. Leicester infection rate is 3 times higher than any other part of England and their hospital admissions are also higher at 10 a day. 

Non essential shops to close tomorrow and schools on Thursday.

I would go further and cancel all public transport leaving the city to places like London etc

13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Leicester back into stricter lockdown after a spike. So much for the claims that it's next to impossible to catch now and we'd never go back into lockdown.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/leicester-lockdown-latest-rules-boris-johnson-local-covid-19-200940768.html

Yep. We're not out the woods yet. 

But try telling that to the folk saying the reason Scotland is slow in easing out of lockdown is purely political. 

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

How the feck do you just lockdown one city?

China has previous, ask them.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic