Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Are you proposing that we send NHS staff who are at high risk of having caught the virus in to hospitals where they are surrounded by highly vulnerable patients?

After a shorter period of isolation and two clear LFTs or PCRs seems fair enough.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Clownshoes has just been asked by a reporter where he's been for the last 10 days. He replied by mumbling "in this country."

So, not in this country then. 😊

Lord Montpelier
14 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s because of thd isolsation rules . They need binned 

Correct.  Along with a lot of other things now. Need to deconstruct the system/rules they've set up . Will Sturgeon be brave enough / willing to ? Answer seems to be no at the moment  . 

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

After a shorter period of isolation and two clear LFTs or PCRs seems fair enough.

Doesn't seem workable. LFTs are only 80-90% accurate and PCRs take far too long.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Clownshoes has just been asked by a reporter where he's been for the last 10 days. He replied by mumbling "in this country."

That was funny 😄 

10 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Correct.  Along with a lot of other things now. Need to deconstruct the system/rules they've set up . Will Sturgeon be brave enough / willing to ? Answer seems to be no at the moment  . 

The word “ brave “ and Nicola sturgeon are incompatible 

11 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Doesn't seem workable. LFTs are only 80-90% accurate and PCRs take far too long.

Chances of two LFTs giving false negatives are slim, and PCRs are only taking too long just now, probably because of people's holidays.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Its time we took these pandemic powers away from the devolved governments and let Westminster deal with all nations equally.  Its quite clear our government and the Welsh are at it and not fit for purpose.

agree 100%   England potentially going to 5 days isolation, yet wee nippy likely to leave it at 10 (apart from NHS staff) .  I actually detest our government now and was staunch SNP. 

Nucky Thompson
24 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Boris should have said that he was on a beach in the Maldives. The seethe would've been hilarious 

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

agree 100%   England potentially going to 5 days isolation, yet wee nippy likely to leave it at 10 (apart from NHS staff) .  I actually detest our government now and was staunch SNP. 

Did Sturgeon get / got given / awarded herself emergency powers until March ? Big test for her if she's willing to relinquish them

3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Did Sturgeon get / got given / awarded herself emergency powers until March ? Big test for her if she's willing to relinquish them

I’m sure I read somewhere they are trying to make them permanent 

3 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

she’s a power mad loon .  She should be reducing isolation days and restrictions, but we all know it will be the other way round come 2pm.

football will be lucky to have full houses again this season under her dictatorship 

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Sturgeon and her wee kangaroo government are making loads of people cringe to be Scottish.

The country is more divided than it's ever been.

The quicker Westminster administer a power grab, the better

7 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Boris should have said that he was on a beach in the Maldives. The seethe would've been hilarious 

He could say he was on the moon for all it mattered. He's finished. It's only complete fandans 😘 who think his bumbling act is funny now. 

Dennis Denuto

Its time we took these pandemic powers away from the devolved governments and let Westminster deal with all nations equally.  Its quite clear our government and the Welsh are at it and not fit for purpose.

Well that's one way to look at it, I would say let's give more power to the Devolved Governments so they are able to deal with it as they see fit.

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Sturgeon and her wee kangaroo government are making loads of people cringe to be Scottish.

Yep moved north of the border about 17 years ago. Scotland seemed like a prosperous, exciting place. Now most of my colleagues nationally and internationally just laugh at it (well mainly laugh at Sturgeon and her cronies, outside those morons Scotland still has plenty of assets )

Ainsley Harriott
11 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Sturgeon is a despot. I have no doubt she will extend her emergency powers.

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Well that's one way to look at it, I would say let's give more power to the Devolved Governments so they are able to deal with it as they see fit.

On current evidence the devolved governments aren't fit to handle such powers . 

14 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Was never staunch but actually hate them now . 

11 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

She won’t 

5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

she’s a power mad loon .  She should be reducing isolation days and restrictions, but we all know it will be the other way round come 2pm.

football will be lucky to have full houses again this season under her dictatorship 

And yet you will still get her fan club in this supporting her even though she has taken away our football . Stockholm syndrome 

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I really hope that Boris does that . He would easily get any change through Parliament with his majority 

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

He could say he was on the moon for all it mattered. He's finished. It's only complete fandans 😘 who think his bumbling act is funny now. 

Agree. Same can be said for Sturgeon and Drakeford.  (With the exception they howl at the moon)

Dennis Denuto
6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Kangaroo = Elected?? Very Recently elected in fact.

Lord Montpelier
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Hotel and transport booked for York to see in the bells. Happy days 

Good work. Have fun . Enjoyed my trip south this week. 

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I would rather they run the response than Krankie and Drakeford who are trying to score cheap political points in the absence of the scientific data.

Yeah because BJ never tries to score cheap political points or lie about world beating track n trace for example. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah because BJ never tries to score cheap political points or lie about world beating track n trace for example. 

That wasn't a lie as more incompetent administration, and who exactly was that used to score political points against?

Dennis Denuto

It will be interesting to see what the Hospital numbers are for Scotland if they are going to be produced today. Even the BBC is reporting the true figure in England is 6000 rather than 9500 because of incidental admission rates and the slower rates of patients discharged over the Holidays.  I wonder if our Government will mention these mitigating factors or not??

17 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Have a great time 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

It will be interesting to see what the Hospital numbers are for Scotland if they are going to be produced today. Even the BBC is reporting the true figure in England is 6000 rather than 9500 because of incidental admission rates and the slower rates of patients discharged over the Holidays.  I wonder if our Government will mention these mitigating factors or not??

No they wont. 

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

Possibly about the same.

Flu doesn't infect 800k people in a week though.

How do you know? Have you done a study on flu cases over the last 20 years? People got flu , went to bed with paracetamol and a hot drink. Now people are screaming for a PCR test and demanding people stay home because they refused a jab. 

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

How do you know? Have you done a study on flu cases over the last 20 years? People got flu , went to bed with paracetamol and a hot drink. Now people are screaming for a PCR test and demanding people stay home because they refused a jab. 

Good point .

Ex member of the SaS

I've said before that Europe is not comparable.  Its clear their testing system is miles behind ours.

You think that we can keep on closing businesses for every mild strain of virus?  How long before the economy crashes? Where I will concede is on the area of travel - I think that we should be focusing on keeping out the new strains rather than reacting too late.

Correct, Had we closed the borders and made people test before allowing them in ( or back in for those away on holiday ) we could have missed most of this. They had three weeks where Italy had it bad to do this and did nothing, also when India had it bad Boris closed our borders to those from Pakistan etc but not India where he wanted to do a trade deal.

Stopping dinghy divers is also a priority as they are coming in with no health checks.

13 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

You think if that many people had the flu in the week it wouldn't make the news? Really?

I think you're confusing the flu with the common cold.

Edited by Ray Gin

The Real Maroonblood
41 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Going to England to bring in the New Year. 

:rofl:

Ainsley Harriott
Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Going to England to bring in the New Year. 

:rofl:

Aye have fun sitting in watching only excuse I'm sure it will be riviting 

Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

LOL or the cultural " still game" which is probably Sturgeons cultural highlight . IN fact in an Independent Scotland it will be mandatory viewing. 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That wasn't a lie as more incompetent administration, and who exactly was that used to score political points against?

It was to score points for the Great British myth that it’s somehow better than anyone else, when all the facts show otherwise. Helps with support for blatant power grabs as the rabid British nationalists on here are advocating for. 

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I doubt it as it's not on this hogmanay.

Last year's edition was the last (not before time).

Great reading some of the social media comments about Swinney and his England new year ban. Lots of comments from English people welcoming us down south. Lovely to see. 

7 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

I'm sure you'll be made very welcome. Unlike last year when Sturgeon shut those of us south of the border...

Hope you have a good time 👍 life's too short to watch OAE 

Seen lots of stuff today about a crisis actor called Henry Dyne who the BBC have interviewed as he lies on a hospital bed. I don't know if the guy is ill or not but it's covid related so thought I'd post it.

Ex member of the SaS

The director general of W.H.O. stated it was wrong to give boosters to kids. He slipped up and said it was killing them.

Just can't find it again to post a link. ( help anyone? ) 

Nucky Thompson
15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

You think if that many people had the flu in the week it wouldn't make the news? Really?

You do know that most Flu is asymptomatic?

Ex member of the SaS
15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I think you are confusing Covid with the plague. They told us we would be dying in the thousands. Save the NHS, Three weeks to flatten the curve, the vaccine to get us back to normal and every other sound bite they have used to move the goal posts.

Ex member of the SaS
8 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Seen lots of stuff today about a crisis actor called Henry Dyne who the BBC have interviewed as he lies on a hospital bed. I don't know if the guy is ill or not but it's covid related so thought I'd post it.

Aye he looks like he's a death's door right enough.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )