Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Fxxx the SPFL

Wife’s sister just phoned to say the the GP won’t see her ONE year old grandson until he takes a PCR test Jesus Christ are they actually doing anything the bairn is one year bloody disgrace 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I don’t think they are enjoying being in the media. 

As to your other points, we still don’t have enough data to know for sure what’s going to happen with Omicron, but I still think numbers look manageable enough that we shouldn’t need these restrictions yet. 

Once all the boosters are caught up then we can’t really do much more to protect the population. So restrictions should be lifted in the two weeks into the new year target. 

Are you seriously telling me that Jason Leitch isn't enjoying his time in the spotlight? He's been in 'everything but co-op pies' as my dear departed gran used to say and clearly is having the time of his life.

Lord Montpelier
8 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Are you seriously telling me that Jason Leitch isn't enjoying his time in the spotlight? He's been in 'everything but co-op pies' as my dear departed gran used to say and clearly is having the time of his life.

The dentist will have a book deal on the cards he needs to stay relevant for

13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Wife’s sister just phoned to say the the GP won’t see her ONE year old grandson until he takes a PCR test Jesus Christ are they actually doing anything the bairn is one year bloody disgrace 

They are shut today for a start.

If it’s out of hours then they have to comply with the health board regs.

25 minutes ago, maroongoals said:

Sorry to hear that, my wife tested positive, we waited 5 days for PCr test results, one of my work mates is 6 days , lots of comments about it taking too long on social media, hope you get a quick response

Cheers. Hope your wife is ok.

the youngest one (not the one with + LFs) just got her test result back and is negative , so maybe depends on location as usual on speed of results. 
5-6 days is a long time

17 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

he appears to love it.  Off the ball especially he revels in it

Nucky Thompson
21 minutes ago, XB52 said:

It's madness that the anti-snp brigade post as if Scotland is the only country putting restrictions in place when, in reality, it's only England that isn't. 

Most of us live in Scotland though and have to put up with the restrictions that are imposed on us by Sturgeon.

England are our closest neighbours, so we're going to compare ourselves to them rather than other European countries

There's some fairly heavyweight scientific opinion musing about what the next phase will look like.  Some belief that the link is still disrupted between case rates and hospitalisation.  I think this is based on the belief that cellular immunity will continue to persist + eventually all the dafties who didn't want to protect themselves will acquire natural immunity.  The ones who live anyway.  Also some talk about a radical shift towards the phasing out of testing and isolation of confirmed cases.  Sooner than you might think.

All qualified by managing through this current wave with all of it's consequences.  I think a lot of people will get something akin to what they're currently screaming about.  Excellent for everyone if true.  The screamers will find themselves at a loose end when their 15 minutes of scream is taken away.  ;)

Edited by Victorian

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Most of us live in Scotland though and have to put up with the restrictions that are imposed on us by Sturgeon.

England are our closest neighbours, so we're going to compare ourselves to them rather than other European countries

Only when it suits though (on both sides) 

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

exactly.  30 minutes in my car and I can go to a game, celebrate NY , not isolate if negative, go to a gig etc etc.

It’s only natural to look and question tbf

The Real Maroonblood

Allegedly people are going to travel to England to celebrate New Year because of restrictions in Scotland. 

:rofl:.

Surely not and it's just the usual tabloid pish.

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

exactly.  30 minutes in my car and I can go to a game, celebrate NY , not isolate if negative, go to a gig etc etc.

It’s only natural to look and question tbf

And the answer is very simple really. The leader of one country is basing her decision making almost entirely on worst case scenario scientific modelling. The leader of the neighbouring nation very probably has the very same doom and gloom scientific modellers knocking on his door and shouting warnings through the letterbox but he has chosen to ride it through. Both countries aiming to go to exactly the same place by a different route. She’ll take the high road and he’ll take the low road. 

As much as I hate to admit it as an SNP voter and a staunch YES, I prefer Boris’ approach

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

And the answer is very simple really. The leader of one country is basing her decision making almost entirely on worst case scenario scientific modelling. The leader of the neighbouring nation very probably has the very same doom and gloom scientific modellers knocking on his door and shouting warnings through the letterbox but he has chosen to ride it through. Both countries aiming to go to exactly the same place by a different route. She’ll take the high road and he’ll take the low road. 

As much as I hate to admit it as an SNP voter and a staunch YES, I prefer Boris’ approach

At least you are honest and not making it a political choice like some.

18 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Allegedly people are going to travel to England to celebrate New Year because of restrictions in Scotland. 

:rofl:.

Surely not and it's just the usual tabloid pish.

You know  it's total bollocks. 

It would help if people recognised why Boris and his cabinet are embarked on their own approach,  which is quite out of step with everyone else as previously shown.  This is no conscious and independent choice.  It's the approach forced upon him by other actors.  Some within his cabinet.

Don't blame people for preferring his approach.  But don't kid yourself on that he's weighed up all of the factors and decided on some kind of bold idea.  He's merely being held in a half-Nelson to make someone else's decisions.

Fxxx the SPFL
37 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

They are shut today for a start.

If it’s out of hours then they have to comply with the health board regs.

They have had to travel from Livingston to Bo’ness to get PCR and been told they may have to wait 48 hours meanwhile GP won’t see the bairn who’s ill and they wonder why hospitals are busy 

3 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

They have had to travel from Livingston to Bo’ness to get PCR and been told they may have to wait 48 hours meanwhile GP won’t see the bairn who’s ill and they wonder why hospitals are busy 

Drs will be open tomorrow so surely they can see him tomorrow regardless of PCR??

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Drs will be open tomorrow so surely they can see him tomorrow regardless of PCR??

You would hope so

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

It a farce.

Not good enough.

Some people have had no problems with their GP’s and others a nightmare.

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

It a farce.

Not good enough.

Some people have had no problems with their GP’s and others a nightmare.

Yep it is a farce. Covid is the only show in town 

25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It's probably more accurate to state that Boris doesn't have the political captial to enforce another lockdown. I'd bet that he is basing his decisions off what will keep him in a job rather than what he genuinely thinks the correct approach is.

The Mighty Thor
12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It would help if people recognised why Boris and his cabinet are embarked on their own approach,  which is quite out of step with everyone else as previously shown.  This is no conscious and independent choice.  It's the approach forced upon him by other actors.  Some within his cabinet.

Don't blame people for preferring his approach.  But don't kid yourself on that he's weighed up all of the factors and decided on some kind of bold idea.  He's merely being held in a half-Nelson to make someone else's decisions.

Is the correct answer. 

Boris Johnson and his criminal cabal do absolutely nothing unless it is to their own financial or political benefit. 

The decision being taken are not based on public health. 

The Mighty Thor
13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Perhaps those testing or delivering tests or analysing tests have covid and they're therefore short staffed. 

30,000 positives in the last 3 days plus all the others in those households having to isolate could well include key workers?

8 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Sadly between 23-26th another child (15-19) died with Covid. England 111 Scotland 7 Wales 3 NI 2 UK Total Child Covid deaths 123 + 1 (Official) MIS-C

In 2017 in the UK*:

5821 people died by suicide

3200 babies were stillborn – that’s around 9 babies every day

6,608 babies and children under 5 died – that’s more than 18 every day

869 school aged children (5-16 year-olds) died

7653 babies, children and young people (under the age of 18) died – that’s 21 every day

Montgomery Brewster
10 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Is the correct answer. 

Boris Johnson and his criminal cabal do absolutely nothing unless it is to their own financial or political benefit. 

Correct . 

the cheerleaders in the shadows , the daily Mail , torygraph , times and various other rags lapping it up . The paymasters will have their say 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

It's madness that the anti-snp brigade post as if Scotland is the only country putting restrictions in place when, in reality, it's only England that isn't. 

If, and it's a big IF, there isn't a big increase in ICU and deaths in England then they can claim to have been right all along, albeit being right only to protect Boris. 

Revealing few words. 

2 hours ago, pablo said:

A restriction can only be a restriction if it affects something you did or enjoyed pre-Covid.

Sturgeon has never had any interest in eating out, pubs, gigs, theatre, cinema or sporting events.

To me it seems like the most vociferous advocates of caution and restriction are those who hardly left the house before Covid and are now quite comfortable sitting on their backsides at home during it. Which is probably just human nature to be fair.

Always been the case . Even worse that some are the eldery and vulnerable whom the majority have had to sacrifice things for so they could be safe. Ungratefulness

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Not all are enjoying the media attention but some of the talking heads popping up on TV certainly are. An example recently was a GP who got 5 minutes on the local London TV news. She did not demonstrate any expertise or knowledge that anyone paying some attention to the two year tutorial/propaganda we have enjoyed/suffered  would have gained by now. But she clearly enjoyed her minutes of fame and was profusely thanked for her contribution. Not blaming her or the others like her. Doctors and scientists are only human. But you have to question some of the news editors responsible for some of the wall to wall coverage of the pandemic.

Id love to be interviewed by a local TV or paper. In fact i have been quoted a few times on the Edinburgh evening news about it all. " James Mcxxxxxx bla bla bla  lol

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

If, and it's a big IF, there isn't a big increase in ICU and deaths in England then they can claim to have been right all along, albeit being right only to protect Boris. 

Thats cause if it affects us . We live in Scotland. duh 

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

The dentist will have a book deal on the cards he needs to stay relevant for

who would buy that ? 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

exactly 

46 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I prefer his risk taking approach too. Its more realistic and it will ultimately be less harmful in the long run. Shes lot my Indy vote now. 

31 minutes ago, Victorian said:

In your opinion. 

16 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Is the correct answer. 

Is that the same criminal cabal that tops up Sturgeon's incompetent failed state regime with billions a year allowing them to bribe buffoons like your good self. 🤔

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Is that the same criminal cabal that tops up Sturgeon's incompetent failed state regime with billions a year allowing them to bribe buffoons like your good self. 🤔

Failed state?

Bribing buffoons?

How did your 'white' Christmas work out there sparky?

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
36 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It’s consistent with the ‘let the bodies pile high’ approach or whatever he allegedly said ages ago

so as you say, approach aside - that casts a fair amount of doubt on your post

35 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Regarding Covid & Johnson's "laissez faire approach" to pandemic management I'm used to the idea that people on here will be contrary for the sake of it but what still amazes me is that in the constant whingeing about Scotgov approach , the critics never acknowledge two factors in the Johnson "sit back & do nothing approach" : England is out of step with literally every major European country and Johnson isn't taking his approach out of principle or based on the science but on the matter of political survival. 

"Until Covid came along I didn’t realise that the right to do harm was so important to so many people.".

Covid: Scotland facing 'tsunami' of Omicron cases - BBC News

Article from Dec 10th 

Ms Sturgeon was speaking as the Scottish government published modelling which said infections could rise as high as 25,000 a day by 20 December in the worst case scenario.

The most-likely range of the worst-case scenario will see cases hit a little over 15,000 a day, while in the best-case scenario, cases will peak at just over 1,250.

Until Dec 24th the highest infections have been around 7000. Unsure what the stats are from 24th. Think they get published tomorrow. 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, JamesM48 said:

Covid: Scotland facing 'tsunami' of Omicron cases - BBC News

Article from Dec 10th 

Ms Sturgeon was speaking as the Scottish government published modelling which said infections could rise as high as 25,000 a day by 20 December in the worst case scenario.

The most-likely range of the worst-case scenario will see cases hit a little over 15,000 a day, while in the best-case scenario, cases will peak at just over 1,250.

Until Dec 24th the highest infections have been around 7000. Unsure what the stats are from 24th. Think they get published tomorrow. 

They were 8,200 on Christmas eve, 11,000 on Christmas day and 10,500 on boxing day 

Just now, The Mighty Thor said:

Failed state?

Bribing buffoons?

How did your 'white' Christmas work out there sparky?

You are a pish slavering buffoon, correct. 

4 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

It’s consistent with the ‘let the bodies pile high’ approach or whatever he allegedly said ages ago

so as you say, approach aside - that casts a fair amount of doubt on your post

and does it really matter why he is using this approach?  it is the best approach in every conceivable way. I cant believe that Sturgeon actually cares about the health of the nation. Shes at it just as much as he is. She flexes her muscles regarding health as its devolved and loving it. Itll be her only chance of having this form of control and power of the Scottish people though. 

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

What those countries do is of no relevance.  The fact is that Sturgeon saw Drakeford beat her to the punch and the red mist descended.

Scientific data isn't backing up her agenda and she is sending a clear message to business that investment in Scotland is high risk with such an unstable government.  No businesses will want to set up shop here and those already here may relocate to England.

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

They were 8,200 on Christmas eve, 11,000 on Christmas day and 10,500 on boxing day 

Cheers. 

8 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

exactly 

😅🤣😂

England are our closest neighbours, so we're going to compare ourselves to them   ... because England has adopted the hands off approach that appeals to us  rather than other European countries who haven't decided to  "let the bodies pile high". 

FTFY. 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

What those countries do is of no relevance.  The fact is that Sturgeon saw Drakeford beat her to the punch and the red mist descended.

Scientific data isn't backing up her agenda and she is sending a clear message to business that investment in Scotland is high risk with such an unstable government.  No businesses will want to set up shop here and those already here may relocate to England.

Very good point about the impact of businesses in Scotland and the unstable approach from the SNP Govt. If their Governance during the pandemic is anything to go back I can see businesses leaving in droves with even the thought of Independence. They appear to really have it in for business. 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

and does it really matter why he is using this approach?  it is the best approach in every conceivable way. I cant believe that Sturgeon actually cares about the health of the nation. Shes at it just as much as he is. She flexes her muscles regarding health as its devolved and loving it. Itll be her only chance of having this form of control and power of the Scottish people though. 

She should pay a political price for her tyranny but we'll see. With one eyed nodding dog cultists like the Mighty Throb in her pocket it's too easy up here for her to rule with impunity 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

She should pay a political price for her tyranny but we'll see. With one eyed nodding dog cultists like the Mighty Throb in her pocket it's too easy up here for her to rule with impunity 

😂

Rattled. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
12 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

i think reasoning behind an approach does matter - be that as Victorian suggested or something else

to state it as the reason with such (self-imposed) authority is a bit silly tho especially as doubt can very easily be thrown over it

id also disagree that this approach is the best approach in every conceivable way too as no approach is ever likely to be the best in every conceivable way - time will tell if it was the better approach

Maroon Sailor
On 26/12/2021 at 12:24, Ex member of the SaS said:

First thing that comes in to her mind when it comes to restrictions is Football.

Closely followed by watering holes

2 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i think reasoning behind an approach does matter - be that as Victorian suggested or something else

to state it as the reason with such (self-imposed) authority is a bit silly tho especially as doubt can very easily be thrown over it

id also disagree that this approach is the best approach in every conceivable way too as no approach is ever likely to be the best in every conceivable way - time will tell if it was the better approach

image-23-10-21-12-13-4.gif

Maroon Sailor
5 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

She can't fail with her approach as she protects herself with the public health card.

If it's not as bad as feared she is not going to come out and apologise for fecking up Scotland's festive period 

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

'Everything but co-op pies' thats a brilliant phrase 😆

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

As an aside, that Neil Ferguson should never be heard of again. His projection of 5,000 deaths a day if there aren’t strict restrictions has been properly embarrassed. He clearly doesn’t have a clue.

They get far too easy a ride from the media, they should be getting taken to task the next time they are on, with it being pointed out that their modelling was rubbish and why should people believe it this time.

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

If they don't have enough data now, I'm not sure when they will. Tonight's news here was demonstrating continuing downward trends in percentage of cases hospitalised with SA and NSW under 1% of cases and that is where Omicron is dominant. VIC is 1.5% and we still have a significant amount of Delta. More importantly, that is a continuing downward trend even with an explosion in cases. 

Exactly, it's nearly two months since omicron appeared, how much longer do they need.

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

She can't fail with her approach as she protects herself with the public health card.

If it's not as bad as feared she is not going to come out and apologise for fecking up Scotland's festive period 

She wont. However she could ease restrictions earlier. But she wont.

Just to rub it in

Five things people in England can do this week that Scottish people can't - Edinburgh Live

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )