Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

14 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

It's definitely the one that's going to propel it to officially endemic. The prediction is that sometime in 2022 every last human on the planet will either be vaccinated, unvaccinated but been exposed and survived, or dead. The herd immunity point.

I tested positive Monday, i'm double vaccinated, the symptoms are mild. You have to think we got damn lucky with this in a way. The one that's going to take it to the herd immunity point is highly contagious but less virulent than others.

Could we have asked for much better in the circumstances?

A mate of mine says one of his family tested positive and the main symptom for them is the runs.

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Swinney urging folk not to cross the border for NYE celebrations. 

Not going down myself but I know loads who are. Good on them. 

Sturgeon/Drakeford have jumped the gun, numbers tumbling down in South Africa. 

Lord Montpelier
13 minutes ago, SectionN said:

John Swinney is well and truly on my 'ignore' list now

34 minutes ago, frankblack said:

A mate of mine says one of his family tested positive and the main symptom for them is the runs.

First thing I felt was Saturday night, Xmas about 8pm. I'm in Oklahoma and it was in the upper 70's Fahrenheit here that day. I was wearing a short sleeved T shirt then suddenly about 8pm felt strangely cold.

I put on a jumper and by the end of the night was wearing 2 jumpers over the t shirt and had cranked the AC up to 80 Faranheit and was still cold. Some congestion and sniffles, peculiar feeling in the throat from time to time. But that's it.

Would it have been a lot worse if I were unvaccinated? I will never know but I expect so.

Dennis Denuto
15 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Hospitalisations now increasing more markedly in England.

hospitalisations.JPG.1f8a8eada01115dea08ac9cf38dee9d5.JPG

FF, Am i right in thinking that there is still a fairly high number of cases of Delta that will be generating a large percentage of those hospital numbers?  Is it a problem that Delta is also still hanging around with Omicron? Or do we not know?

Walter Bishop

Jason Leitch doing the rounds on the morning papers, rumours appear to be no fans in grounds until February now.

Getting ridiculous. 

16 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

FF, Am i right in thinking that there is still a fairly high number of cases of Delta that will be generating a large percentage of those hospital numbers?  Is it a problem that Delta is also still hanging around with Omicron? Or do we not know?

Less than 10% are Delta now (cases)

Edited by Ray Gin

16 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Got to remember though Omicron is widespread and all patients are tested for covid on arrival. These patients could be in for other routine medical treatment and are counted as a covid patient. 

Ex member of the SaS

How many have died from Covid and I mean due to covid and not with an underlying problem?

Reports today that 200 have died in the last 5 years with to chronic pain thanks to not being able to get an appointment.

https://www.scotsman.com/health/nearly-200-people-in-chronic-pain-died-waiting-for-pain-clinic-appointment-in-scotland-new-figures-show-3508749

6 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Jason Leitch doing the rounds on the morning papers, rumours appear to be no fans in grounds until February now.

Getting ridiculous. 

Its time we took these pandemic powers away from the devolved governments and let Westminster deal with all nations equally.  Its quite clear our government and the Welsh are at it and not fit for purpose.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

It's definitely the one that's going to propel it to officially endemic. The prediction is that sometime in 2022 every last human on the planet will either be vaccinated, unvaccinated but been exposed and survived, or dead. The herd immunity point.

I tested positive Monday, i'm double vaccinated, the symptoms are mild. You have to think we got damn lucky with this in a way. The one that's going to take it to the herd immunity point is highly contagious but less virulent than others.

Could we have asked for much better in the circumstances?

That's the hope so fingers crossed 

Dennis Reynolds
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

I can confirm that is a symptom 😑

Yup, I heard someone (doctor / scientist, can’t remember) being interviewed on Today mentioning ‘loose stools’ as a potential symptom.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Its time we took these pandemic powers away from the devolved governments and let Westminster deal with all nations equally.  Its quite clear our government and the Welsh are at it and not fit for purpose.

Hahahahaha ffs, Boris Johnson is fit for purpose hahahahaha. 
I shouldn’t laugh considering how much blood he has on his hands. 
England has the worst figures of any country in the world regarding COVID. 

Walter Bishop
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not even in top 25 🤷🏼‍♂️

E53EED62-9120-4D71-8A03-BB456D444DD4.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I see Walter has shot your statement down about Boris.  Boris is a clown, but he isn't killing businesses.

Sturgeon is sending a message to businesses that Scotland is "closed for business" and companies are going to look to go elsewhere.

Next that mad woman will try to close businesses in the absence of a furlough scheme and blame Westminster for not giving her the money.

If this is a sign of what you will get in an independent Scotland, god help us all.

Edited by frankblack

Ex member of the SaS

FFS don't let that get out or we will have them raiding the stores for bog paper again.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

I see Walter has shot your statement down about Boris.  Boris is a clown, but he isn't killing businesses.

Sturgeon is sending a message to businesses that Scotland is "closed for business" and companies are going to look to go elsewhere.

Next that mad woman will try to close businesses in the absence of a furlough scheme and blame Westminster for not giving her the money.

She has tried that already and the UK government has backed down and given her some. She already has loads stashed away but won't spend it as she needs it to prop up her Indey account.

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

She has tried that already and the UK government has backed down and given her some. She already has loads stashed away but won't spend it as she needs it to prop up her Indey account.

need a huge account for a 2nd vote, must be close on 25 million for that, 

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, Harry Potter said:

need a huge account for a 2nd vote, must be close on 25 million for that, 

Drop in a bucket for these clown who deal in Billions.

13 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yaaaaasssssss 😊

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Good for her.

1 hour ago, SectionN said:

He’s not got a hope In hells chance if people listening . He can gtf 

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

John Swinney is well and truly on my 'ignore' list now

Yep 👍 they have made their bed they can lie in it now 

48 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Getting ridiculous. 

And their supporters on this still won’t criticise them 

40 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It should have been viewed as a national emergency as she and dreary ford have used it to score political points with Westminster 

17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If this is a sign of what you will get in an independent Scotland, god help us all.

I’m positive you used to be a sturgeon fan ? Seems u have changed . Well done . She us ruining businesses 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Not even in top 25 🤷🏼‍♂️

E53EED62-9120-4D71-8A03-BB456D444DD4.jpeg

In the last seven days, you think over U.K. 800k cases in the last week is acceptable? In general it’s figures are deplorable and for anyone to actually think they’re doing things better than Wales and Scotland is crazy. 
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

8E351780-31D4-44E4-9163-CC1C9DB655DD.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King
More info

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Good for her.

So it’s “ good for her “

To hide money which is for struggling businesses ? Come on 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Hardly, England is a basket case and you want them to run our response also? A country that voted for Brexit and elected BJ? Better Together, No thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

In the last seven days, you think over U.K. 800k cases in the last week is acceptable? In general it’s figures are deplorable and for anyone to actually think they’re doing things better than Wales and Scotland is crazy. 

What was the severity of the vast majority of 800k cases compared to common flu?

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Hardly, England is a basket case and you want them to run our response also? A country that voted for Brexit and elected BJ? Better Together, No thanks. 

I would rather they run the response than Krankie and Drakeford who are trying to score cheap political points in the absence of the scientific data.

Just now, frankblack said:

What was the severity of the vast majority of 800k cases compared to common flu?

Possibly about the same.

Flu doesn't infect 800k people in a week though.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I would rather they run the response than Krankie and Drakeford who are trying to score cheap political points in the absence of the scientific data.

What cheap political points are the rest of Europe gunning for?

It's England who are bucking the trend, not Wales and Scotland.

2 hours ago, SectionN said:

Talk about over reaching. How on earth could they even begin to police that?

There is no border between Scotland and England and you are free to travel anywhere in the UK you please.

Took another LfT yesterday as still got sore throat and blocked nose . Still

negative which is a bummer as I wanted the so called mild variant lol so I can get those anti bodies . Still think I had it last year anyway . Thrust actually better today . Think it was a cold 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Possibly about the same.

Flu doesn't infect 800k people in a week though.

The issue is down to whether this is something that is endemic and we need to live with.  If the strain is mild then the issue here is on the overreaction of the SNP and Welsh governments.

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

The issue is down to whether this is something that is endemic and we need to live with.  If the strain is mild then the issue here is on the overreaction of the SNP and Welsh governments.

You don't think 800k people off work sick in a week is a problem for business? Or NHS absences at 30% in London? 

This is fine?

2 hours ago, SectionN said:

Him Doing madam Hitlers job I see . Stirring the shit between England and Scotland again . Doesn’t she know there’s no border control between both countries ? She’s a lunatic and sabre rattler 

Just now, Ray Gin said:

You don't think 800k people off work sick in a week is a problem for business? Or NHS absences at 30% in London? 

This is fine?

It’s because of thd isolsation rules . They need binned 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

What cheap political points are the rest of Europe gunning for?

It's England who are bucking the trend, not Wales and Scotland.

I've said before that Europe is not comparable.  Its clear their testing system is miles behind ours.

You think that we can keep on closing businesses for every mild strain of virus?  How long before the economy crashes? Where I will concede is on the area of travel - I think that we should be focusing on keeping out the new strains rather than reacting too late.

Just now, frankblack said:

I've said before that Europe is not comparable.  Its clear their testing system is miles behind ours.

You think that we can keep on closing businesses for every mild strain of virus?  How long before the economy crashes? Where I will concede is on the area of travel - I think that we should be focusing on keeping out the new strains rather than reacting too late.

Snp supporters seem to think there is a magic money tree really just like she does . 

55 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but yes you're right. The  two meaningful things during this has been furlough and the vaccine strategy. 

Trusting the devolved assemblies to act in good faith has been a mistake. It should have been a single UK approach from the start.

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

This is fine?

What proportion of these people are off because they have been pinged as a potential close contact?  Do you not think we need to review the self-isolation period of ten days to combat that?

4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

It’s because of thd isolsation rules . They need binned 

Are you proposing that we send NHS staff who are at high risk of having caught the virus in to hospitals where they are surrounded by highly vulnerable patients?

Edited by Ray Gin

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What proportion of these

people are off because they have been pinged as a potential close contact?  Do you not think we need to review the self-isolation period of ten days to combat that?

I'm not a virologist, so no I don't think that. I have no idea what the best approach is in that regard.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Are you proposing that we send NHS staff who are at high risk of having caught the virus in to hospitals where they are surrounded by highly vulnerable patients?

No I’m talking about other occupations mostly ! But you knew that didn’t u ? Is there actually anything at all yoy

Disageee with regarding Adolf sturgeon and her cronies ? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

This is fine?

800k off sick from work is a tad of an exaggeration at this time of year. Also, many will continue working from home.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )