• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a nonsense. I've been quite 'happy' to go along with the rules to date, but I'm very much losing patience now and if I am then I suspect a large percentage of the population also will be.

'Guidance'

'Asking'

'Doesn't apply to your main Christmas celebration'

Good luck with that.

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Aye, just got to give 'a name' and 'number'.

Husref Musemic, 07511231874.

Kool .. I'll use that on Friday 😄

Just now, Sooperstar said:

This is a nonsense. I've been quite 'happy' to go along with the rules to date, but I'm very much losing patience now and if I am then I suspect a large percentage of the population also will be.

'Guidance'

'Asking'

Good luck with that.

As above, if these restrictions don't work, you can expect enforced closures.

Just now, Sooperstar said:

'Guidance'

'Asking'

Good luck with that.

It is ok as she "is not asking anyone to cancel christmas"

We are freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

There's no need for her to bring devolutionary politics into this, it's meant to be about public health and the wellbeing of the population, but it will appeal to her base (in both senses of the word) supporters :( 

I can understand why sturgeon brought that up but it’s a fact of life as it stands. She needs to be in tune with England as well as Wales and NI or it won’t work properly. 

2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Aye, just got to give 'a name' and 'number'.

Husref Musemic, 07511231874.

Track and Trace trying to reach Jonesy:

2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Folk on this thread listening to every word from the little führer

Facts About Sheep | Live Science

We need to or we won’t know what’s happening and that could lead to confusion and confrontation.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, i8hibsh said:

Folk on this thread listening to every word from the little führer

Facts About Sheep | Live Science

She lost me after Let me be CLEAR and I want to be CLEAR

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

We need to or we won’t know what’s happening and that could lead to confusion and confrontation.

Yup things have been so clear since March 2020.

9 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Knock-on effect would have been large gatherings in people's houses and flats. She's getting more pragmatic and sensible as this goes on, fair play to her.

Is she?

She made it very clear she wanted to go further but couldn't because if a lack of funding from Westminster. 

Just now, Hmfc1965 said:

Is she?

She made it very clear she wanted to go further but couldn't because if a lack of funding from Westminster. 

If she gets her dream and Scotland leave the United Kingdom who the **** is the little rat bag going to start blaming?

manaliveits105

"Mass vaccination centres arent appropriate in every area "   - might help with mass vaccinations though ay than Qs and cant get appointments

Oh UK government have just caved in to the SG pressure (aye right ya trumpet) to provide businesses with help 

Up to a point, yeah, but it's divisive and deliberately employed to get the McGammons riled up. So much for not playing politics with Covid (which they've been doing down south, too, before anyone starts!).

Monies now on its way to devolved government. 😀👍

The UK government has confirmed it is scrapping the red list for international travel.

Announced by health secretary Sajid Javid in the House of Commons today, the move comes in response to the rapid global spread of the omicron coronavirus variant, which ministers admit has rendered the strictest travel restrictions unnecessary.

The 11 African countries currently designated “high risk” by the Department for Transport will be removed from the red list from 4am on 15 December.

“Now that there is community transmission, the travel red less is less effective,” said Mr Javid.

The recently announced testing requirements, however, will stay in place.

what will happen to those already in quarantine hotels? 
will they be released and have a pro rata refund? 

Edited by Boy Daniel

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

If she gets her dream and Scotland leave the United Kingdom who the **** is the little rat bag going to start blaming?

The usual

" I don't know who's to blame but it wiznae my fault "

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

"Mass vaccination centres arent appropriate in every area "   - might help with mass vaccinations though ay than Qs and cant get appointments

Oh UK government have just caved in to the SG pressure (aye right ya trumpet) to provide businesses with help 

'I've just been passed a note that there will be some funding from the Treasury'

Brilliant trolling by the UK government :lol:

The Hogfather

Strap yourselves in folks, this is life now. No number of vaccines, booster jags or social distancing will be enough to stop this happening every time there's a new mutation.

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

'I've just been passed a note that there will be some funding from the Treasury'

Brilliant trolling by the UK government :lol:

Sarwar trolled her 😁

3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Strap yourselves in folks, this is life now. No number of vaccines, booster jags or social distancing will be enough to stop this happening every time there's a new mutation.

Some people will be happy with that.

Whilst I don't agree with restrictions it's pretty much all guidance, please do this and please don't do that.

If folk don't like it, just don't follow it.

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The UK government has confirmed it is scrapping the red list for international travel.

Announced by health secretary Sajid Javid in the House of Commons today, the move comes in response to the rapid global spread of the omicron coronavirus variant, which ministers admit has rendered the strictest travel restrictions unnecessary.

The 11 African countries currently designated “high risk” by the Department for Transport will be removed from the red list from 4am on 15 December.

“Now that there is community transmission, the travel red less is less effective,” said Mr Javid.

The recently announced testing requirements, however, will stay in place.

what will happen to those already in quarantine hotels? 
will they be released and have a pro rata refund? 

Seems that they are sticking with pre departure and day 2 tests on return though. Makes no sense.

manaliveits105

oooh pessimistic scientist rolled out by beeb now - race against time to stop people getting ....................eh a mild illness 

The Mighty Thor
Just now, manaliveits105 said:

oooh pessimistic scientist rolled out by beeb now - race against time to stop people getting ....................eh a mild illness 

move on comrades!

11 minutes ago, Alex Kintner said:

image.gif.c6aff64058223395b88116d34cb170a4.gif

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

68625-funny-crying-baby-snot-bubble.jpg

Yep, Scot Nats bathing in the tears of soon to be unemployed Scottish workers. The Tartan Tory Party right enough.

manaliveits105

The loyal natsies rallying round der Mami meanwhile the good Scottish people will go about their lives  as normal and enjoy Christmas and New Year 

I wonder if now that we have been given money from the treasury for vaccines and restrictions will Sturgeon be back later with more restrictions on hospitality?

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

Yep, Scot Nats bathing in the tears of soon to be unemployed Scottish workers. The Tartan Tory Party right enough.

Aye Wolfie, that's how Scvottish Nationalism works.

Good spot 👍

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

68625-funny-crying-baby-snot-bubble.jpg

Oh Thor, are you a bit disappointed by the response :lol:

That's the best comedy hour I've had for a while

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Seems that they are sticking with pre departure and day 2 tests on return though. Makes no sense.

I’m sure like previous instances they will be reviewed in a few days and a pre departure test will be dropped. 

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

The loyal natsies rallying round der Mami meanwhile the good Scottish people will go about their lives  as normal and enjoy Christmas and New Year 

Aye the good Scottish people have been cracking on with it for months, whilst you've been trying to ingratiate yourself to real genuine English people and ex-pats. 

Yet here you are. 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

I wonder if now that we have been given money from the treasury for vaccines and restrictions will Sturgeon be back later with more restrictions on hospitality?

Nah. Most of it will be for the booster drive and maybe 30 bob into the kitty for restrictions 

1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Aye Wolfie, that's how Scvottish Nationalism works.

Good spot 👍

The SNP are a globalist party.  They are as far from nationalistic as it is possible to be.

Konrad von Carstein
37 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Wow.

You remind me of the shouty guy I saw/heard on a train going to a rally that put me off independence. Intolerant and just as thick as the folk you make fun of south of the border who voted for Brexit.

Never been on a train to see the Hearts away then,  otherwise you might be a Hibs welt now with the amount of shouty guys (and gals) you'd encounter. ;)

" A shouty guy made me change my views on independence"

Seriously.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Oh Thor, are you a bit disappointed by the response :lol:

That's the best comedy hour I've had for a while

Like most normal people i've just been getting on with what's in front of me. Nothing changes with this 'guidance'. I'll work, I'll play and life won't change one iota.

I certainly won't come on here greeting like a stuck pig over something I can't influence and frankly couldn't really give two shits about. 

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Nah. Most of it will be for the booster drive and maybe 30 bob into the kitty for restrictions 

Or replace that missing £600k 

::troll::

58 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

If the NHS is on its knees why are hospitals loaded with healthy people? 

Because the social care aspect has collapsed - it has been dumped on local authorities to fund and they don't have the cash. And even if they did, care providers are in a state of collapse because of brexit (staff have left & not come back) and post-Covid (no one wants the crap shifts & crap pay).

57 minutes ago, XB52 said:

😂😂😂😂 why not **** off somewhere else.

because I give a high priority to taking care of those in need, unlike NHS Scotland.

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If you don't NEED to see a GP face to face and can discuss over the phone (thereby minimising risks to GPs and avoiding the need for a trip to the GP surgery) what is your problem ? 

My wife NEEDED to see a GP a couple of weeks ago. She had a bad chest infection and was offered an earliest appointment TWO WEEKS away and was not allowed even to speak to a doctor on the phone. So she went private and had her own diagnosis confirmed and was iommediately given a course of antibiotics (the ones she know she was not allergic to unlike the cheaper ones prescribed by her GP last time) . She is now better but by no means fully recovered. .That is the problem.

Some GPs are quite  frankly taking the piss. Backed to the hilt by their union.

Edited by Francis Albert

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

Because the social care aspect has collapsed - it has been dumped on local authorities to fund and they don't have the cash. And even if they did, care providers are in a state of collapse because of brexit (staff have left & not come back) and post-Covid (no one wants the crap shifts & crap pay).

Or we could take accountability and stop blaming Brexit and Westminster for everything. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic