Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Adam_the_legend
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why? Is omicron away to the Canaries on those days

On a smoke break. Same with eating and drinking in bars and restaurants but it’s back on the hunt when you go for a piss 😬

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fxxx the SPFL

BBC Scotland in royal infirmary nhs staff saying too many patients coming in one guy with a chest infection he may have other issues but surely GP should be dealing with that and a woman with an infected finger really usual scaremongering again 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Some on her just like to moan about anyone in authority- and would moan no matter what she said today 

Agreed. There's no  lockdown and people are still seething.

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm no fan of the SNP but the utter witless & thoughtless reactions on here are something else.

Looks to me like she's trying to balance peoples "freedoms" & human rights" (also the economy) while restricting INDOOR contacts (which are the most likely way to contract Covid).

And people are still moaning about it. 

Balance my arse.  She would have went much further if BJ had given her some hard cash.  She no  libertarian. Far from it in fact. 

32 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

It’s nonsense though and has been proven as such. It’s all theatrics.  If you truly want to stop those interactions you don’t give people a free pass on the 24/25/26 when those are the days people actually get together.  

Quit moaning mate 

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Balance my arse.  She would have went much further if BJ had given her some hard cash.  She no  libertarian. Far from it in fact. 

We have to accept it and move on.

was all fair and balanced today 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

ITV news interviewed a couple from Hamilton about the new guidelines. They weren't happy as they have been given guidance and have to make their own informed choices. .  They want to be told not to do stuff. Talk about Stockholm syndrome.  FFS 

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Agreed. There's no  lockdown and people are still seething.

I’m not moaning (it could have been so much worse) I’m just pointing out the lunacy of todays restrictions.  

Its all political.  England brings in plan B so she makes sure she’s goes early just to go that little bit further because god forbid we didn’t have stronger restrictions than England.  She also gets to have a wee pop at the treasury at the same time whilst miraculously finding £100m that Kate Forbes swore blind that wasn’t there a couple of days ago.  I like the part when she explicitly states that what she’s about to say isn’t political when that’s exactly what it was. 

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Quit moaning mate 

Tell you what, you stop spamming and trolling and others will stop moaning.

Mate.

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

She’s a spent force . Proven today . Trying to save face with offering “ advice “ and “ guidelines “ knowing full well most people are doing what is best for their well being ! Judging by real world social media people are doing just that 👍

Would you prefer the wholesale cancellation of Christmas in a mandatory way. Shutting pubs. Cancelling events. No crowds at football ? 

Or is it better that she gives revised guidelines knowing that a high percentage will comply, thus helping the numbers and the usual suspects will carry on no matter what, thus not really giving a feck about the numbers ?

Edited by JimmyCant

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Tell you what, you stop spamming and trolling and others will stop moaning.

Mate.

Stop using words like spamming and trolling

im simply spreading public health messages - something that can’t be repeated enough just now!  Just because you don’t like what I say doesn’t mean it’s not valid - ignore if you don’t like going forward 

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m not moaning (it could have been so much worse) I’m just pointing out the lunacy of todays restrictions.  

Its all political.  England brings in plan B so she makes sure she’s goes early just to go that little bit further because god forbid we didn’t have stronger restrictions than England.  She also gets to have a wee pop at the treasury at the same time whilst miraculously finding £100m that Kate Forbes swore blind that wasn’t there a couple of days ago.  I like the part when she explicitly states that what she’s about to say isn’t political when that’s exactly what it was. 

People like you just want to come on and moan. We get it. 

Your compadres will be along shortly to provide suitable outrage and moral support. 

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

That was a hard statement for Nippy Queen of Scots to give today.

Not because of the restrictions she has advised (which are pretty tame) more by not going with what I truly believe she wanted to do and have us back to something like Tier 3 levels.

Not so cautious this time but it's a Tsunami apparently.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Would you prefer the wholesale cancellation of Christmas in a mandatory way. Shutting pubs. Cancelling events. No crowds at football ? 

Or is it better that she gives revised guidelines knowing that a high percentage will comply and the usual suspects will carry on no matter what ?

This should be good

Maybe a gif too. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

People like you just want to come on and moan. We get it. 

Your compadres will be along shortly to provide suitable outrage and moral support. 

And tell everyone else they are trolling or spamming 😂 so predictable 

1 minute ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

And tell everyone else they are trolling or spamming 😂 so predictable 

Aye, I saw that. Looks like the morally outraged aren't happy about being told we're all bored with their s h it. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Aye, I saw that. Looks like the morally outraged aren't happy about being told we're all bored with their s h it. 

Exactly 

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

TVs Nicky on again now 

Don't understand why BBC Glasgow said it was a response to BJ's statement on Sunday night 

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Or is it better that she gives revised guidelines knowing that a high percentage will comply, thus helping the numbers and the usual suspects will carry on no matter what, thus not really giving a feck about the numbers ?

No of course not. She knows people  wont pay much attention anyway ( the BJ affect)  so is trying to save face with these guidelines. It gives her the illusion she is in control and people are listening to her. Is it not called " grandstanding" ? The sly digs at the treasury were very petty and said so much about her level of political discourse. She's quite bitter it seems. However here's a compliment for her. She has done the right thing  by offering guidance etc as most will respond to that better than giving ultimatums and orders. It only gets peoples backs up and they rebel. I think it may work. Its more respectful 

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

That was a hard statement for Nippy Queen of Scots to give today.

Not because of the restrictions she has advised (which are pretty tame) more by not going with what I truly believe she wanted to do and have us back to something like Tier 3 levels.

Not so cautious this time but it's a Tsunami apparently.

I honestly believe that too.

manaliveits105

So last night was Sir Keir the leader of the oppositions response to the Prime Ministers announcements on Sunday - fair enough

now Elsie calls hers the same ??

what a brass neck - thought it was an announcement to the devolved nation of which she is head of the administration to give us guidance

Her plastic weeginessnhas lost the plot in her own self importance 

Konrad von Carstein
20 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

She is closer to being a libertarian than Bojo and the chumocracy...

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

'Satan red' I believe is the shade of that jacket.

Its more a Scarlet red really. It really suits her actually . Softens her hardened butch look. i feel.  

Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

She is closer to being a libertarian than Bojo and the chumocracy...

R (8).gif

Malinga the Swinga
9 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Please refrain from saying I’m a Hibs fan.  Any mod or admin will vouch for me that I am a hearts fan - so enough with your nonsense 

I never said you were a Hibs fan. I simply asked you stop spamming endless threads with the exact same post. Yesterday, on AGM thread, you claimed that it couldn't be online due to Company Law. We then we're subjected to your nonsense about masks on Terrace thread.

You also stated Hearts should give Rangers all of stand as Hearts supporters couldn't be trusted to behave. Not something many, in fact none, would agree with. Maybe if you didn't post stuff like that, people wouldn't think you were a Hibs ***** 

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

manaliveits105
1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Its more a Scarlet red really. It really suits her actually . Softens her hardened butch look. i feel.  

:sweeet:

Wow. 98 Tory rebels. Incredible. If they do not trust their own party's government on the single most important issue of the day, then why should anyone else?

Edited by jambogaza

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Wow. 98 Tory rebels. Incredible. If they do not trust their own party's government on the single most important issue of the day, then why should anyone else?

126 voted against Covid vaccine passports. 

I take it they weren't all Tory MP's?

Guidance we strongly advise you follow. 

This is Scotland. A nation full of fat eating, chain smoking and alcohol loving people. We aren't the best at following guidance. 

5 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

I don't think there will ever come a day when I base the way I live my life on the opinions of 98 Tory MPs. :D

Or 1 Tory MP for that matter. Unless a decent one ever gets elected.

Edited by redjambo

4 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

It's more a case of a snub to BoJo's leadership than anything else.

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I think we the Lib Democrats are against them too

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Only on 1 issue, Covid passports. The others had various amounts. Thought the compulsory vaccinations for NHS staff might have attracted more dissent but obviously not.

7 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I don't think there will ever come a day when I base the way I live my life on the opinions of 98 Tory MPs. :D

Or 1 Tory MP for that matter. Unless a decent one ever gets elected.

Agreed but the Tories that opposed legislation around this should accept that they have essentially signalled a vote of no confidence in their government. There's no getting away from that.

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I think it was around 100 Tory Mps.  Of course the wimps on the other side sided with Boris. 

Brighton Jambo

That’s a real blow to Johnson’s credibility, hopefully the first step to him being on his way out.

I don’t agree with the rebels, I think vaccine passports are a good idea but I am pleased to see a political party with the maturity to challenge itself and vote against different outcomes.

Unlike up here when the spineless Greens opposed vaccine passports until they got into government, shelved their principles, and voted for them.  And the SNP who always on mass vote the same way on every matter.  It’s not how a true Democratic Party should work, dissenting internal voices are a necessity. 

Just now, jambogaza said:

Agreed but the Tories that opposed legislation around this should accept that they have essentially signalled a vote of no confidence in their government. There's no getting away from that.

Nah, everyone knows it was a one-off vote on a specific issue. The Tory defectors will be straight back in the fold.

4 minutes ago, indianajones said:

The vaccine passports are daft. Proof of a negative test is the only sensible option. 

Agreed 

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That’s a real blow to Johnson’s credibility, hopefully the first step to him being on his way out.

I don’t agree with the rebels, I think vaccine passports are a good idea but I am pleased to see a political party with the maturity to challenge itself and vote against different outcomes.

Unlike up here when the spineless Greens opposed vaccine passports until they got into government, shelved their principles, and voted for them.  And the SNP who always on mass vote the same way on every matter.  It’s not how a true Democratic Party should work, dissenting internal voices are a necessity. 

Agreed. 

Most of those Tory arseholes only voted against these measures,  as they always do,  in the knowledge that Labour are compelled to vote with the government and,  by implication,  the underpinning scientific advisors' recommendations.  The opposition has no choice in these instances.  It frees up the arseholes to ponce around with their bogus principles and to indulge in populist,  self serving snakery for their own political gain.  It's an utter charade.

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic