Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

Just now, Dazo said:

Tears n snotters seem to be coming from the sucklers this evening. Spewing It was only guidance handed out no doubt. 😂 

Oh I know it’s delicious to read !

However the sad thing is the damage is already  done  for  poor businesses with thousands of cancelled Xmas bookings etc . I’m still ok for Friday night as it’s restaurant meal but Saturday is probably cancelled as it was a hotel doo . All those poor waiters , chefs , musicians etc . 

0821CA56-F9D6-4898-85E5-3CA903CC3984.gif

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Just like last year, which panned out just great. Serious de ja vu here from last December.

Last year a circuit breaker was in place till we had vaccines. Most of us have now had 2 and some a booster also. Most of us have done our bit and if as it seems it’s down to choice, then I’m going to enjoy the festive season with family and friends as I see fit. 👍

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Another day of NS living rent free in our resident critical thinkers heads😁😁

:lol:

They’re spewing.

44 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

6 households coming to mine on Friday for pre-christmas drinks. Anyone actually listen to her?

Imagine working in the NHS and reading this. 

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Only guidance though; not laws so you can meet as many as you want.  I’ve just checked on my booking for the 27th and it’s still okay to attend even though I was honest we were more than three households. 

Yep . It’s guidance not law . I would actually even  go as far as to say she’s finally given some respect to the general populous by giving guidance and not making legal requirements but she has only did this through gritted teeth due to being given a knock back for furlough ! There will be hell to pay iN January though . Nothing worse than an Elsie  scorned ! 

Brighton Jambo
20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Just like last year, which panned out just great. Serious de ja vu here from last December.

It’s nothing like last year.  Last year hardly anyone had the vaccine, by January the vast majority of adults will have had three jabs.  People have assessed the guidance that the First Minister has given, talked to their own families and then made a decision that suits their own circumstances.  That’s how is should be.  

4 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Last year a circuit breaker was in place till we had vaccines. Most of us have now had 2 and some a booster also. Most of us have done our bit and if as it seems it’s down to choice, then I’m going to enjoy the festive season with family and friends as I see fit. 👍

Well said . Unfortunately he’s a half gin glass empty sort of guy . 

41 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

6 households coming to mine on Friday for pre-christmas drinks. Anyone actually listen to her?

No. I hope not. My work Team Lunch will go ahead on Saturday......6 of us, different households. I can't justify cancelling it just on the whim of a FM who loves the power trip. 

I've assessed the data from here and SA and concluded that her advice is not needed.

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

It’s nothing like last year.  Last year hardly anyone had the vaccine, by January the vast majority of adults will have had three jabs.  People have assessed the guidance that the First Minister has given, talked to their own families and then made a decision that suits their own circumstances.  That’s how is should be.  

Exactly 

The Mighty Thor
8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Tears n snotters seem to be coming from the sucklers this evening. Spewing It was only guidance handed out no doubt. 😂 

My favourite ones are the rockets that will rattle out dozens of posts about the guidance they were never intending following.

That's special behaviour. 

The Real Maroonblood
50 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Liar.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Why dont you just postpone it until Christmas day as it looks like Covid is taking that day off.

Maroon Sailor
21 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

They’re spewing.

I think she's spewing she couldn't shut every pub and cancel every event.

She'd never be welcome back to her beloved Weeg if she did that.

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

There’s no restrictions on Christmas Eve / day and Boxing Day so why not wait for then?

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

14 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Don't think that was ever on the cards. 

Dennis Denuto
51 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Not like this e

Lol 😂 not like this echo chamber . Not a happy bunny today ? If so why no ? 

I am fine, I just found your oxymoron amusing. You still don’t even see it. 

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Disagree.

All is good.

Brighton Jambo

So let’s get this right…

I can go to Tynecastle on the train and intermingle with thousands of others around the stadium.  I can then leave Tynecastle and go to a nightclub where there will be hundreds of sweating maskless people but I can only have three households round for a dinner party.

😂😂😂 the sheer cringe from her supporters trying to defend this is hilarious.  Interesting as well that that rule doesn’t apply to Christmas Eve/day/boxing day.  Why might that be?  Could it be that even her most fanatical supporters who are criticising others for ignoring these rules would have done exactly the same thing on those days.    

A real life example.  I am out on the 27th with five other households, why?  Because my brother is back from the US and my family and I haven’t seen him for nearly two years.  To do that on the 27th is against the rules, to do that the day before is fine.  It’s absolutely ludicrous and should be rightly ignored as such. 

Edited by Brighton Jambo

Fitzroy Pointon
2 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

What now?

No change from today. Just the way she was sat at her table addressing the nation. All very presidential. 

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So let’s get this right…

I can go to Tynecastle on the train and intermingle with thousands of others around the stadium.  I can then leave Tynecastle and go to a nightclub where there will be hundreds of sweating maskless people but I can only have three households round for a dinner party.

Limiting the number of people in your household doesn't have a financial impact.

13 minutes ago, Dennis Denuto said:

I am fine, I just found your oxymoron amusing. You still don’t even see it. 

Of course i do.   It was deliberate 

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not until January anyway 

Let's see. I think people will change their behaviour between now and Christmas for selfish reasons, and that might be enough to let the boosters catch up and give the NHS some breathing space.

Dennis Denuto
3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So let’s get this right…

😂😂😂 the sheer cringe from her supporters trying to defend this is hilarious.  Interesting as well that that rule doesn’t apply to Christmas Eve/day/boxing day.  Why might that be?  Could it be that even her most fanatical supporters who are criticising others for ignoring these rules would have done exactly the same thing on those days.    

It is about limiting the number of contacts people have, even by a few. It’s been explained 100s even 1000s of times. If you agree or not with the levels of restrictions don’t be foolish and repeat stuff like above when all of that has been explained loads of times before. 

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

Limiting the number of people in your household doesn't have a financial impact.

But the rules also apply in restaurants and bars and that will have a financial impact? 

7 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So let’s get this right…

I know. Comedy gold.

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

But the rules also apply in restaurants and bars and that will have a financial impact? 

Nowhere near as big an impact as closing clubs and stadiums.

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Dennis Denuto said:

It is about limiting the number of contacts people have, even by a few. It’s been explained 100s even 1000s of times. If you agree or not with the levels of restrictions don’t be foolish and repeat stuff like above when all of that has been explained loads of times before. 

It’s nonsense though and has been proven as such. It’s all theatrics.  If you truly want to stop those interactions you don’t give people a free pass on the 24/25/26 when those are the days people actually get together.  

51 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

No. I hope not. My work Team Lunch will go ahead on Saturday......6 of us, different households. I can't justify cancelling it just on the whim of a FM who loves the power trip. 

I've assessed the data from here and SA and concluded that her advice is not needed.

Same here. 

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So let’s get this right…

I commented on that on Sunday. If they really, truly believed that there was a tsunami or tidal wave on it's way, no way would mass sporting events, with thousands mingling unmasked under the stands, have gone ahead.

In SA, they are astounded by the panic in the UK. It's really not that big a deal over there and may even be reaching it's peak.

If the selfish unvaccinated twats that actually work in the NHS , close to the most vulnerable, cannot be bothered getting the vaccine, I'm fecked if I'm going to worry about going out for a meal and a bottle of wine with work colleagues, all of us double jabbed.

Politicians always pick the easiest targets, they'll defend the unvaccinated in the NHS but expect the rest of us to  make yet more sacrifices.

As expected, the public has no appetite, 2 years in, to obey more ridiculous restrictions.

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Social distancing measures will be in force at Easter Road tonight.

That must be a well oiled machine at that shithole

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

None of my family can see our vaccination status online.

It was fine yesterday........

🤷‍♂️

Nothing to worry about, it'll just be Mr. Gates updating the tracking software.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

17 minutes ago, Salad Fingers said:

No change from today. Just the way she was sat at her table addressing the nation. All very presidential. 

Practice for the Big Day!

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Let's see. I think people will change their behaviour between now and Christmas for selfish reasons, and that might be enough to let the boosters catch up and give the NHS some breathing space.

We can but hope but a hae ma doots 

Rupert Pupkin
9 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Nicola looking good in red 

... the lady in red .. is dancing with me 

🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮

This is the most disgusting thing I’ve saw today, and I’ve been in a building site toilet.😂😂

Edited by Rupert Pupkin

Nucky Thompson
48 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

There’s no restrictions on Christmas Eve / day and Boxing Day so why not wait for then?

Why? Is omicron away to the Canaries on those days

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Why? Is omicron away to the Canaries on those days

To let people have some normality for a few days and then be more careful again afterwards 

people should still do a lateral flow test before meeting on Christmas Day etc and have windows open and limit the number as far as possible - all that is common sense but important that people follow these guidelines 

32 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So let’s get this right…

A real life example.  I am out on the 27th with five other households, why?  Because my brother is back from the US and my family and I haven’t seen him for nearly two years.  To do that on the 27th is against the rules, to do that the day before is fine.  It’s absolutely ludicrous and should be rightly ignored as such. 

I'm no fan of the SNP but the utter witless & thoughtless reactions on here are something else.

Looks to me like she's trying to balance peoples "freedoms" & human rights" (also the economy) while restricting INDOOR contacts (which are the most likely way to contract Covid).

And people are still moaning about it. 

7 minutes ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮

This is the most disgusting thing I’ve saw today, and I’ve been in a building site toilet.😂😂

Behave 

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm no fan of the SNP but the utter witless & thoughtless reactions on here are something else.

Looks to me like she's trying to balance peoples "freedoms" & human rights" (also the economy) while restricting INDOOR contacts (which are the most likely way to contract Covid).

And people are still moaning about it. 

Some on her just like to moan about anyone in authority- and would moan no matter what she said today 

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic