Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )

CJGJ

34 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

It's your type that your city doesn't want lurking about. They've been squeezing you all out for years, you silly little twerp. 

Is that all you've got you Subsidy Vince, and my City is Edinburgh, a City destroyed by Nationalists and Bureaucrats. 

• Replies 107.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• Victorian

• redjambo

• The Real Maroonblood

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’m 8 days away from flying to Vancouver to see our only child who we’ve not seen for nearly three years.

Every “Government Announcement” has me shiteing my pants it’s no gonna happen. It’ll break her wee heart

1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

You're getting big bucks, stop ****ing moaning. 

You have no idea what I do or don't get paid, not that it relevant to public health. I simply made observations from last weeks trip with work where attitudes to wearing masks, social distancing etc are a stark contrast to up here and may well be the reason for the introduction of the Plan B restrictions referred to in the post I was replying to.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, SE16 3LN said:

Is that all you've got you Subsidy Vince, and my City is Edinburgh, a City destroyed by Nationalists and Bureaucrats. 

:rofl:

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

You have no idea what I do or don't get paid, not that it relevant to public health. I simply made observations from last weeks trip with work where attitudes to wearing masks, social distancing etc are a stark contrast to up here and may well be the reason for the introduction of the Plan B restrictions referred to in the post I was replying to.

One of Nanny Nick's brainwashed cohorts. 

1 minute ago, SE16 3LN said:

One of Nanny Nick's brainwashed cohorts. 

Just making a fool of yourself now, feel free to check the independence thread and you'll find i'm no fan of 'Nanny Nick' as you call her. Are you going to actually address any of the points or just spout nonsense until the mods launch you?

Just now, Ribble said:

Just making a fool of yourself now, feel free to check the independence thread and you'll find i'm no fan of 'Nanny Nick' as you call her. Are you going to actually address any of the points or just spout nonsense until the mods launch you?

Making a fool of myself 😂?

Quote: I was in London last week with work and tbh they have to do something down there, it's a riot in comparison to here! 

Your reason for coming to that conclusion. There was a sign saying no masks in a night club and someone at work ripped the piss out you for wearing a mask in the office. 

Any other toddler tantrum points you want me to address.

2 hours ago, Alex Kintner said:

Our local GP practice has been pretty good during pandemic, which has been great considering I have two young children. Phone appointment in the first instance and then either a video or in person appointment as a follow up as required. It feels like it’s actually been easier to speak to a GP than previously (albeit over the phone)

Going by my experiences of the GP service since the pandemic started they (the GPs) have been a disgrace. 

If its OK for prsctice nurses and support staff to see patients face to face why are GPs still hiding behind their computer screens ? 

2 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Making a fool of myself 😂?

Quote: I was in London last week with work and tbh they have to do something down there, it's a riot in comparison to here! 

Your reason for coming to that conclusion. There was a sign saying no masks in a night club and someone at work ripped the piss out you for wearing a mask in the office. 

Any other toddler tantrum points you want me to address.

Those were simply examples of the overriding attitudes on display, the fact that a nightclub see's a no mask policy as a fun way to encourage people in is fairly indicative of a lax attitude towards adherence to simple public health guidance. Likewise the people in the office that objected to having to come into the office for fear of catching covid before xmas yet found it funny that I'd wear a mask when moving around.

In 4 days the only places I seen taking any form of precautions were the airport and in taxi's/ubers. Pubs, restaurants, supermarkets and hotels? nope, nothing at all

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Those were simply examples of the overriding attitudes on display, the fact that a nightclub see's a no mask policy as a fun way to encourage people in is fairly indicative of a lax attitude towards adherence to simple public health guidance. Likewise the people in the office that objected to having to come into the office for fear of catching covid before xmas yet found it funny that I'd wear a mask when moving around.

In 4 days the only places I seen taking any form of precautions were the airport and in taxi's/ubers. Pubs, restaurants, supermarkets and hotels? nope, nothing at all

The rules are different in England, that might have something to do with it. Riot 🤣

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Going by my experiences of the GP service since the pandemic started they (the GPs) have been a disgrace. 

If its OK for prsctice nurses and support staff to see patients face to face why are GPs still hiding behind their computer screens ? 

If you don't NEED to see a GP face to face and can discuss over the phone (thereby minimising risks to GPs and avoiding the need for a trip to the GP surgery) what is your problem ? 

Those were simply examples of the overriding attitudes on display, the fact that a nightclub see's a no mask policy as a fun way to encourage people in is fairly indicative of a lax attitude towards adherence to simple public health guidance. 

What guidance was that?

Likewise the people in the office that objected to having to come into the office for fear of catching covid before xmas yet found it funny that I'd wear a mask when moving around. 

It is a bit funny tbf, it's not the rules here or the culture here. You're more than entitled to do it and it's wrong people said anything though.

The only place listed that you should have expected to see precautions that you didn't were the supermarkets in fairness.

Just now, SE16 3LN said:

The rules are different in England, that might have something to do with it. Riot 🤣

I live in ENgland.  went to the gym yesterday and was asked to wear a mask while moving around. I don't have a problem but pointed out I was in the previous week when I saw a school teacher with around 15 lads there - not one wearing a mask.  Receptionist says "it's mandatory as of today", I point to the signs that have been up for weeks saying "please wear a mask". 

Anyways, as I'm leaving there's two teenage school girls  standing talking to the same receptionist so I waited until they left and asked her about the "mandatory" maslkpolicy. She tells me they don't enforce it on children , so I pointed out these teenagers come to the gym from the nearby school in very large groups and are all potentials carriers. She just shrugs her shoulders. 

Yeah, but, "mandatory".

manaliveits105
38 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Norway to ban bars and restaurants from serving alcohol for the next 4 weeks. 

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/norway-bans-serving-alcohol-bid-halt-omicron-outbreak-2021-12-13/

To be fair we need to do that here just to stop some of the krankie auld soaks posting pish and emoticons on jkb after the pub 

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I live in ENgland.  went to the gym yesterday and was asked to wear a mask while moving around. I don't have a problem but pointed out I was in the previous week when I saw a school teacher with around 15 lads there - not one wearing a mask.  Receptionist says "it's mandatory as of today", I point to the signs that have been up for weeks saying "please wear a mask". 

Anyways, as I'm leaving there's two teenage school girls  standing talking to the same receptionist so I waited until they left and asked her about the "mandatory" maslkpolicy. She tells me they don't enforce it on children , so I pointed out these teenagers come to the gym from the nearby school in very large groups and are all potentials carriers. She just shrugs her shoulders. 

Yeah, but, "mandatory".

Poorly enforced aside, it did only become mandatory yesterday.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

If you don't NEED to see a GP face to face and can discuss over the phone (thereby minimising risks to GPs and avoiding the need for a trip to the GP surgery) what is your problem ? 

As I said in MY experience and I did need to see a GP. 

It was a recurring problem that had previously needed hospital treatment and still has not been attended to. 

Even phoning the surgery the phone just rings and rings and when they do answer they stick you on hold thus costing phone charges. 

Maybe I'm just unlucky because I just moved to this area six months ago and my previous surgery insisted I have to move doctors because of the rules. 

There have been thousands of complaints locally about this practice and even the local MSP has become involved and seems to be getting excuse after excuse. 

If what I’m reading is true about more restrictions from Sturgeon then imo she is over reacting against the evidence coming out of South Africa. 

These 7pm appearances to boost your profile are catch on quicker than the Omricon variant. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

The Real Maroonblood
20 minutes ago, luckydug said:

As I said in MY experience and I did need to see a GP. 

It was a recurring problem that had previously needed hospital treatment and still has not been attended to. 

Even phoning the surgery the phone just rings and rings and when they do answer they stick you on hold thus costing phone charges. 

Maybe I'm just unlucky because I just moved to this area six months ago and my previous surgery insisted I have to move doctors because of the rules. 

There have been thousands of complaints locally about this practice and even the local MSP has become involved and seems to be getting excuse after excuse. 

My sister in law stays in the EH17 area and her practice is a joke.

manaliveits105
13 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

If what I’m reading is true about more restrictions from Sturgeon then imo she is over reacting against the evidence coming out of South Africa. 

These 7pm appearances to boost your profile are catch on quicker than the Omricon variant. 

Is she on with Ronan or Jermaine ?

1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Stay down there please, the place is better off without your kind. 😉

Into clinical trials goes an air jet powered,  needleless and potentially universal coronavirus vaccine.  It's like being in Star Trek.  Bagsy being Kirk.

Montgomery Brewster
20 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Nothing to do with boosting profiles.

the 3 largest parties in the uk parliament were granted access to the public via a broadcast once Boris had his say the other night. So Labour last night and snp tonight.  Parliamentary procedure. 

On 03/07/2020 at 06:52, ri Alban said:

Other than for medical reasons, you'd need to be a right inconsiderate arsewipe, not to wear a mask. It shouldn't have to be mandatory, just manners. 

Well said

People MUST wear masks at tynecastle when moving about the stadium - as per Scott Wilson’s requests too over the tannoy 

they will be the selfish twits who will no doubt be the first to moan when restrictions are put on numbers again 

if people keep refusing to do so then we won’t be allowed as many fans at games 

Edited by Jambo 4 Ever

Dennis Denuto

Looks like the buzz for today's announcement from Nicola/Nippy/Crankie/Elsie/Kim Jon Sturgeon is no extension to VPs but there will be a limit on number of households mixing in each others homes and some increased guidance on re-introducing social distancing - all to be guidance only not law.

So should help create a fun atmosphere on here this afternoon - better than yesterday's noncegate controversy anyway..........

1 minute ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

the 3 largest parties in the uk parliament were granted access to the public via a broadcast once Boris had his say the other night. So Labour last night and snp tonight.  Parliamentary procedure. 

Is there any need to do it though. 

7 minutes ago, Savage Vince said:

Stay down there please, the place is better off without your kind. 😉

Too late, I'm on my way. See you in Dundee on Saturday

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Into clinical trials goes an air jet powered,  needleless and potentially universal coronavirus vaccine.  It's like being in Star Trek.  Bagsy being Kirk.

Surely this can be used to administer other vaccines then? 🤷 

Would be good if can be used to administer insulin to diabetic’s especially young children 

1 minute ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Looks like the buzz for today's announcement from Nicola/Nippy/Crankie/Elsie/Kim Jon Sturgeon is no extension to VPs but there will be a limit on number of households mixing in each others homes and some increased guidance on re-introducing social distancing - all to be guidance only not law.

So should help create a fun atmosphere on here this afternoon - better than yesterday's noncegate controversy anyway..........

Terrorist / psychopath / war criminal / genocidal maniac then.

2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Surely this can be used to administer other vaccines then? 🤷 

Would be good if can be used to administer insulin to diabetic’s especially young children 

Dunno.  Might be a technical difference.  Jabs are intramuscular but this appears to be merely subcutaneous.  Insulin maybe needs to be intramuscular or intraveinous?

10 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Is there any need to do it though. 

The Mighty Thor

What time is Adolfa/Nippoleon/Krankie absolutely ruining several grown men's day?

Might pop back in a bit later for the hysteria 👍

NHS orders hospitals to discharge all healthy patients from wards into HOTELS: Nurses flying in from Spain and Greece to help combat Omicron - as Sajid Javid admits even URGENT operations will be cancelled to ramp up booster drive

unbeilable! They are even flying in Nurses from the EU which we dumped 

Dennis Denuto
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

What time is Adolfa/Nippoleon/Krankie absolutely ruining several grown men's day?

Just after 2pm

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

2pm-ish apparently.

7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

NHS orders hospitals to discharge all healthy patients from wards into HOTELS: Nurses flying in from Spain and Greece to help combat Omicron - as Sajid Javid admits even URGENT operations will be cancelled to ramp up booster drive

Why are healthy people in hospital to begin with is the question that triggers for me.

11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

:pleasing:

4 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

In parts of the world where the vaccination rate is low. That's why it's important for developed countries to step up and support developing countries in their vaccination efforts.

Exactly.

Otherwise we will be in a permanent cycle of new variants.

Not going to happen though.

There was world wide agreement to supply free or cost covered vaccines.

The UK and EU objected.

14 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Tears and snotters incoming at 2:30pm

42 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Ok, I'll be Picard then. No, wait, which one of them was it that got to sleep with 7 of 9?

28 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Why are healthy patients taking up bed space in the first place? FFS!!

been here before
45 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Well said

People MUST wear masks at tynecastle when moving about the stadium - as per Scott Wilson’s requests too over the tannoy 

they will be the selfish twits who will no doubt be the first to moan when restrictions are put on numbers again 

if people keep refusing to do so then we won’t be allowed as many fans at games 

So if we dont wear masks we'll be restricted from listening to Scott Wilson?

Sounds great (the not hearing him that is)

Nucky Thompson

If it's only guidance as reported, I doubt anyone is going to be bothered.

I can't see there being much compliance anyway.

Dennis Denuto
2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If it's only guidance as reported, I doubt anyone is going to be bothered.

I can't see there being much compliance anyway.

I think you’ll be surprised at the levels of compliance, will it be enough though?

• davemclaren changed the title to Coronavirus Super Thread ( merged )
  • JKBMod 12 featured, locked, unlocked and unfeatured this topic